What Real Successes Have the GOP had in the 21st Century??

Obama didn’t cause the unemployment rate to rise in the first place, and after the 2010 midterms, Republicans cut off unemployment insurance benefits to working Americans because it was a “disincentive” to going back to work.

Republicans refusal to continue unemployment benefits, coupled with their slashing of his infrastructure investment program, and sequestration all hobbled the recovery by at least two years.

See 2012 article

In 2019, Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats took over the House and it was Pelosi’s refusal to pass any more corporate bailouts until the American people got a bail out too that kept the American economy from going completely off the cliff. And then Donald Trump held up the payment to put HIS name on the checks.

The Democrats refusal to let Republicans pull the same shit on the Americans people that they pulled on them after the 2008, helped the American economy and American jobs numbers to bounce back quickly. It was nothing that Trump did.

Every one of Joe Biden’s economic bills has helped American workers. Inflation has been worldwide, but American inflation has come down further and faster than nearly every other first world country.
None of what you said was a retort to my argument that is Obama policies slowed the drop in unemployment. Pursue policies that incentivize the market to create jobs through expansion… rapidly.

Reagan was not a Conservative. He was a leftist Democrat from the West Coast. As a Traditionalist Conservative, aka an Authoritarian, a class system is fine by me, with or without mobility for the masses.

The Founding Documents of this country do not allow for the Federal Government to train or retrain private industry employees. In fact, if strictly followed the vast number of Government employees would find their jobs gone as well.

The founding documents in the writings of the founders made it perfectly clear that the founders favoured free education for the American people. There’s also the general welfare clause which would cover it.
None of what you said was a retort to my argument that is Obama policies slowed the drop in unemployment. Pursue policies that incentivize the market to create jobs through expansion… rapidly.

Why would I respond to your arguments that Obama’s policies slowed down the recovery since they based on a fallacy?

It wasn’t Obama’s policies that slowed the growth of employment. It was the Republicans refusal to pass any of those policies into law and their continuous attempts to derail the economic recovery in the hopes that Obama would have nothing to run on.

LOLOL

No, idiot, a recession is not just a recession. The causes of one recession can be entirely different than another recession. You only impeach yourself when you make such moronic claims.

As far as 2014, the job growth under Obama started in 2010 and the rate of growth remained unchanged in 2014.
Obama policies slowed job recovery. Recessions impact every President. They are measured on the policies they pursue that helps the economy get out of a recession quickly; one of the metrics being lowering Unemployment. Obama policies caused high unemployment to linger. I don’t blame him for the recession he inherited. I blame him for his policies that slowed recovery. Had Obama been President during COVID in 2020, I guarantee you his policies would not have caused the 14.7 drop to 6.9 in six months like Trump did.

You people keep giving Obama an unlimited pass because of the 2008 Recession and not properly measuring his policies on recovery. Six years is egregious at best.

I didn't blame him for covid, fucking moron. I blame him for recommending states shut down, which is what caused the recession...

"Therefore, my administration is recommending that all Americans, including the young and healthy, work to engage in schooling from home when possible, avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 people, avoid discretionary travel and avoid eating and drinking in bars, restaurants, and public food courts." ~ Donald Trump, 3.16.2020

You have attacked him for not forcing states to shut down, and so have every other prog in this forum

Obama policies slowed job recovery. Recessions impact every President. They are measured on the policies they pursue that helps the economy get out of a recession quickly; one of the metrics being lowering Unemployment. Obama policies caused high unemployment to linger. I don’t blame him for the recession he inherited. I blame him for his policies that slowed recovery. Had Obama been President during COVID in 2020, I guarantee you his policies would not have caused the 14.7 drop to 6.9 in six months like Trump did.

You people keep giving Obama an unlimited pass because of the 2008 Recession and not properly measuring his policies on recovery. Six years is egregious at best.

We keep proving your economic commentary is bullshit, and can all be laid at the feet of successive, Republican administrations and host majorities.

The founding documents in the writings of the founders made it perfectly clear that the founders favoured free education for the American people. There’s also the general welfare clause which would cover it.

Why would I respond to your arguments that Obama’s policies slowed down the recovery since they based on a fallacy?

It wasn’t Obama’s policies that slowed the growth of employment. It was the Republicans refusal to pass any of those policies into law and their continuous attempts to derail the economic recovery in the hopes that Obama would have nothing to run on.

The economy did not start to turn until 2014 when the Republicans took the Hill. Democrats controlled everything 2010-2012, and still had the White House and Senate 2014-2016.

It wasn’t the Republicans that didn’t take to Obama’s policies and proposed policies, it was the Market.

You have attacked him for not forcing states to shut down, and so have every other prog in this forum

Trump is being attacked for embracing public policies which led to the spread of the disease, and the highest death count in the world.

Had Trump shut down the entire nation and enforced both mask and vaccine policies, your death toll could’ve been cut by 2/3 and your economy would not have crashed.

The costs of testing and treating the more than 100 million Americans who got sick with covid, did just as much damage to your economy the more 1 million deaths.

I can't think of any at all

Bush inherited a balanced budget, passed trillions in useless do nothing spending bills that blew up the balanced budget and led to minimal economic growth. Then Bush started 2 wars and totally mismanaged those wars resulting in total devastation for America. Bush then crashed the economy epically, leaving America in ruin.

Trump inherited a US annual deficit of $587B, passed massive spending bills like Bush, blew up the deficit viciously, had a weak low growth economy (only +2.13% GDP growth in 2019) and then blew up the budget worse with $3.1T deficit in 2020 (Biden has dropped that all the way down to $1.1T in 2022). Trump also failed miserably at a world health crisis with the US having the most cases and most deaths in the entire world. Trump also incited a riot at the Capitol based on total lies.

Republicans like to fabricate success, but I see no real deal big boy successes from Bush or Trump, only failures, blow ups, riots, impeachments, deficits, recessions, and weak low GDP growth.
Where are the GOP successes?

You can’t think at all.

Really%20rotfl-M.gif
Cope GIF.

We keep proving your economic commentary is bullshit, and can all be laid at the feet of successive, Republican administrations and host majorities.
You have yet to show why and how the economy got better under Obama starting in 2014 when Republicans had the Sebate and House vs Obama’s previous six years when the Democrats controlled everything and the the white house and Senate 2012-2014.

Trump is being attacked for embracing public policies which led to the spread of the disease, and the highest death count in the world.

Had Trump shut down the entire nation and enforced both mask and vaccine policies, your death toll could’ve been cut by 2/3 and your economy would not have crashed.

The costs of testing and treating the more than 100 million Americans who got sick with covid, did just as much damage to your economy the more 1 million deaths.

More%20BS%20than-XL-XL.jpg

Education paid for and run by the local and (possibly) state level, not the Federal Government.

The General Welfare and Common Defense of THE NATION, not individual citizens. Especially when one realizes that the specific enumerated powers listed after that clause DEFINE what General Welfare and Common Defense mean.

The economy did not start to turn until 2014 when the Republicans took the Hill. Democrats controlled everything 2010-2012, and still had the White House and Senate 2014-2016.

It wasn’t the Republicans that didn’t take to Obama’s policies and proposed policies, it was the Market.

Bullshit. You’re simply regurgitating republican lies about the Obama administration and their economic recovery.

The economy was shedding 800,000 jobs a month when Obama took office. The recession ended in the second quarter of 2009, at which point the USA had lost a 5 million jobs.

Obama had to create 5 million jobs just to get back to zero. If you add those 5 million jobs to his total net increase, Obama is in 4th place in job creation, just behind Roosevelt, who served 4 terms to Obama’s 2 terms.

Lets see,the GOP under trump only brought back more jobs to the country than any president in the past sixty years with the economy flourishing the greatest it ever has sense the days of calvin coolidge.oh i dont know,thats a hard one.LOL
Wrong, we employ more people now, had more jobs created and a 3.5% unemployment rate only dates back 50 years, while a 3.4% one dies 53 years.

Any more lies fuckup

Education paid for and run by the local and (possibly) state level, not the Federal Government.

The General Welfare and Common Defense of THE NATION, not individual citizens. Especially when one realizes that the specific enumerated powers listed after that clause DEFINE what General Welfare and Common Defense mean.

The schools were to be under the controls of the under the control of the state, because each state had different educational requirements in 18th Century.

The Founders also created the amendment process for the Constitution in order that it be kept up-to-date with the times, and amended as needed.

The United States of America is no longer a small nation along the east coast of the USA, with a population of under 5 million people.

Bullshit. You’re simply regurgitating republican lies about the Obama administration and their economic recovery.

The economy was shedding 800,000 jobs a month when Obama took office. The recession ended in the second quarter of 2009, at which point the USA had lost a 5 million jobs.

Obama had to create 5 million jobs just to get back to zero. If you add those 5 million jobs to his total net increase, Obama is in 4th place in job creation, just behind Roosevelt, who served 4 terms to Obama’s 2 terms.

You keep missing my point….. his policies DELAYED the recovery. Six years to do what Trump did in 6 months. Those are numbers from the Department of Labor. Do Republicans operate the Department of Labor?

LOL

You nut, the rate of growth was the same for both presidents. Monthly average gains...

Obama's last 7 years: 189,000
Trump's first 3 years: 179,000

You look like a complete and utter moron claiming Obama sucked while Trump was great. :cuckoo:

But that's just you lying again. I already showed the job market started it's 10 year streak of job growth in 2010...

Republicans came in after that unprecedented streak began and went along for the ride.

Did ya really think you could score points by lying? :eusa_naughty:

You keep missing my point….. his policies DELAYED the recovery. Six years to do what Trump did in 6 months. Those are numbers from the Department of Labor. Do Republicans operate the Department of Labor?
What did the former 1-term fuckup do in his first six months?

Other than lie about his inauguration crowd

Forum List

Back