What Really Happened At Kent State?

Kent State forever changed the way national guards are used.
Now they are primarily activated for natural disasters etc. Prior to Kent State, Governors regularly used the guard for controlling crowds, riots etc.

Guard and Reserve units made up about 45 percent of the total force sent to Iraq and Afghanistan.

If that happened today, you would be cheering.

Remember when the left were the ones who didn't trust the government, but not the right?

I do. And you sure seem to be fond of your precious government, don't you? That woman being shot at the Jan. 6 protest probably made you smile, didn't it?
Why would i cheer students being murdered on the Campus?

Nancy Pelosi says that it's OK to shoot protesters.

ashlibabbittkentstateprotestjcakjakjakdh2.jpg

After repeatedly failing to disperse the crowd, a group of 96 National Guard troops from A Company and Company C, 145th Infantry, and Troop G, 107th Armored Cavalry, were ordered to advance. The guardsmen had their weapons "locked and loaded" (according to standard Ohio National Guard rules) and affixed with bayonets. Most carried M1 Garand rifles, with some also carrying .45 handguns, a few carrying shotguns with #7 birdshot and 00 buckshot[citation needed] munitions, and one officer carrying a 22 Beretta handgun.[35] Before advancing, Company C was instructed to fire only into the air and for only a single guardsman to fire. It is unknown whether the other two National Guard groups received any instructions about firing.[30]

Comment:
They had 30.06 M1 Garands.

Btw, I do believe that I've learned that I would much rather stay home and be on here then go to this event. It's funny how the left is only outraged by an event like this when members of the conservative party are the ones firing the bullets.

The guardsman feered for their life and did what they felt was necessary.

Okay then let me rephrase that to why didn't do it sooner when the rock throwing began? I think somebody said that someone took out a gun and that triggered them or something.

Okay then let me rephrase that to why didn't do it sooner when the rock throwing began? I think somebody said that someone took out a gun and that triggered them or something.
That was an electric situation. The guardsman were for the most part 19 years old kids themselves. Most of them college students. Most of them had been called to riot duty over and over again while trying to go to school and get their homework done. They had to sometimes crack the heads of the same people they had to go to class with. It was tough times to be in the guard. It was worse for those that had to go to Nam. The world at home was crazy, they had friends dying in Nam. The mistake was made by the Louwi. It was kind of standard to hand out live rounds in front of the news crew when they showed up to make the crowd think they could face live rounds. Then take the ammo back when the news crew was gone. This time the ammo was nit taken back. It was not uncommon at the time for rocks to be g thrown at many of these riots. OSU by far had the most of them. At OSU it was a bit different though. Columbus had a much larger and better trained riot division. At OSU the guard was used more to support the Columbus riot cops. Here the guard took the lead in riot control. They were not ready nor trained well enough to take the lead.

That was an electric situation. The guardsman were for the most part 19 years old kids themselves. Most of them college students. Most of them had been called to riot duty over and over again while trying to go to school and get their homework done. They had to sometimes crack the heads of the same people they had to go to class with. It was tough times to be in the guard. It was worse for those that had to go to Nam. The world at home was crazy, they had friends dying in Nam. The mistake was made by the Louwi. It was kind of standard to hand out live rounds in front of the news crew when they showed up to make the crowd think they could face live rounds. Then take the ammo back when the news crew was gone. This time the ammo was nit taken back. It was not uncommon at the time for rocks to be g thrown at many of these riots. OSU by far had the most of them. At OSU it was a bit different though. Columbus had a much larger and better trained riot division. At OSU the guard was used more to support the Columbus riot cops. Here the guard took the lead in riot control. They were not ready nor trained well enough to take the lead.
The fact is at the time the US Government were extreme war pigs, they wouldn't tolerate any open decent when many of the American people were disgusted by the genocidal war in Vietnam, they needed to teach people a lesson, many of those students would be middle class normal law abiding citizens, there was also State brutality on full view and the DMC in Chicago i believe in 1968 when protesters were subjected to savage beatings by riot police once again to teach people a lesson.

The fact is at the time the US Government were extreme war pigs, they wouldn't tolerate any open decent when many of the American people were disgusted by the genocidal war in Vietnam, they needed to teach people a lesson, many of those students would be middle class normal law abiding citizens, there was also State brutality on full view and the DMC in Chicago i believe in 1968 when protesters were subjected to savage beatings by riot police once again to teach people a lesson.

So what's changed since then, other than Republicans and Democrats switching sides?

The government is still a war pig: Biden has us involved in Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, and now Yemen. Protesters were beaten at the Capitol building on Jan 6, 2021, and one was even shot dead. And now the President of the United States is threatening to wage war on Texas, to teach them a lesson.

So what's changed since then, other than Republicans and Democrats switching sides?

The government is still a war pig: Biden has us involved in Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, and now Yemen. Protesters were beaten at the Capitol building on Jan 6, 2021, and one was even shot dead. And now the President of the United States is threatening to wage war on Texas, to teach them a lesson.
This is the problem with many Americans, it all comes down to Republicans and Democrats, they are both the same most of the time, Biden calls himself a Democrat, he is a war mongering maniac, i remember at one time Democrats were more anti war, not anymore.

This is the problem with many Americans, it all comes down to Republicans and Democrats, they are both the same most of the time, Biden calls himself a Democrat, he is a war mongering maniac, i remember at one time Democrats were more anti war, not anymore.
What war has Biden started?

He has kept us out of the Ukraine war

What happened was irresponsible trigger-happy idiots gunned down unarmed American citizens and nothing was done to them for it.

Forum List

Back