What "rights" does nature give us?

Thank you.
Classic! "Humans have human rights because humans are natural.

Let's examine this.

Humans "have natural rights", ok.

Human's are natuaral, again ok.

Could you tell me what rights "humans" have by right of their being natural?

At the end of the day, we are building philosophical castles in the sand. We do not command nature, neither individually nor collectively. It commands us and does not have scruples.

Life, liberty pursuing happiness, et al.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, —

Even the people who believed in a 'truth' .. held a belief in a creator endowing rights, they acknowledge people need to form governments to secure their rights.

Creator, rights, governments. :eusa_shifty: how very odd

Perception is not reality, bud. The sky is not blue.

It is when all sighted people see the same blue (higher frequency/low wave length light) being scattered by particles in the upper atmosphere. That there'd be the very fucking definition of reality.

Here's how: we all see / percieve it, via our sense of vision. Next, folks go find out why, by being curious and not asking a fucking cleric. Works like a charm, if knowing shit is your thing.

The sky is not blue because the sky itself only exists as our perception of reality.

Our nature has evolved and with it our concepts. With our concepts of right and wrong we invented natural rights.

Exactly.

You only have those privileges the government grants.

Benito Mussolini

Rights are recognized by people. You can say you have a fright, but unless others agree try exercising it.

Governments like Italy under Mussolini do not resemble representative republics like the USA.

Why do you hate the USA?

Damn, you are incredibly dense.

The only rights we have to exercise are our legal rights, natural rights exist even if we ignore them.

Nature gave us estrogen (fuck it and nurture it).

Nature gave us testosterone (fuck it and kill it).

Biochemical predetermined rights.
What else could be so natural???

evolution is scientific theory and fact. facts can change with evidence. you can have the opinion that science is junk.

truth is a different thing. saying something is true can be different than stating something is a truth. language, it's something you have to learn...it's not natural for people like you

Evolution Resources from the National Academies

It's a fact, and the only thing that remains a theory is the mechanisms, albeit not of animals, plants and this planet, but the events leading up to the Big Bang, which is still anyone's guess, but they're working overtime trying to figure it out, and we may, one day.

Evolution and the Big Bang have nothing to do with each other.

I think they do, as do scientists. It's kinda where the sub atomic particles came from which after roughly 1/2 million years began coalescing into hydrogen atoms.

"Rights" - or at least "legal rights" - are a figment of the imagination.

Yes and no. While facing a would-be killer or rapist, overtures about your rights are unlikely to deter them.

But by endeavoring to protect a woman's right, we make rape severly punishable by law, fewer women are raped, by many multiples. So the "legal right" can have very measurable impact on fewer women having their rights violated.

Want to explain how one loses rights simply because someone else is around that might have a problem with them? Does me being upset by the bullshit you type somehow affect your ability to type?

But most people agree on what "birth" and "death" are.

Not so much with "right" and "wrong".

If asked, everyone on the planet would have a different idea as to "right" and "wrong". If we can't decide what "right" and "wrong" are, how can they exist outside of our own personal constructions?

In comparative mythology we learn similar concepts with differing realities/outcomes/definitions of right and wrong do exist in different place and at different times.
Similar, but not identical.

I would go so far as to say that each individual on the planet has a slightly different understanding of "right" and "wrong".

Right and wrong are moral concepts that it is easy to prove evolve with mankind. We have written and oral history as well as archeological data as proof.
Not to mention, I'm fairly certain that every single person's personal morality has evolved in their own lifetimes.

I know that I don't have the same "moral" values now that I did when I was 5 years old.

Rights as human constructs also easy to prove. Rights exist in the mind of man and not in the physical world

Agreed.

To clarify: people know what right and wrong are. Where they differ is on exactly what is right and wrongs...and that is what changes, not the concept itself.

Individual morality is separate from the morality of the groups we exist in that form our worlds.

Otto Rank, Adolf Bastian, Carl Jung, Joseph Campbell

read John Locke

I have.

He's wrong about "natural rights".

Nature..as we define it..is pretty different from human constructs.

In nature, rights are defined by groups of animals banding together.

And by the animals in that group.

Sound familiar?

:eusa_eh:

:eusa_eh:

Uh sparky, Animal Farm was cautionary satire. You weren't supposed to take it literally....

Now then, for all with IQs above a single digit, can we please can the absurd notion of natural rights?

Nature does not have right and wrong. That's a human thing, which came when we evolved rational thought.

Nature has works / doesn't work. In the animal realm, about 1% works. 99% didn't; and nature has no moral qualms about it. It just trips across shit that works, i.e. social insects, flowering plants, and thus far, humans, too, albeit not to the level of social insects, nor flowering plants, which comprise the overwhelming bulk of the bio-mass on this planet.

You still haven't even debated against natural rights. Coming into a discussion, stating an opinion, and declaring victory based on said opinion is not a debate, it is dogma.

Nature does not guarantee rights. How can it? What are we back to sacrificing neighbors to the Volcano god?

Rights are human constructs. Human constructs come from the mind. What was natural ages ago may not be natural now.

Nature & natural...two terms people are confusing/conflating/hiding behind?

That is strange, I don't recall saying that nature guarantees rights. Care to point out where I did, or am I just supposed to fall apart because you put up a scarecrow?

An opinion is not truth, dude. FAIL.

evolution is scientific theory and fact. facts can change with evidence. you can have the opinion that science is junk.

truth is a different thing. saying something is true can be different than stating something is a truth. language, it's something you have to learn...it's not natural for people like you

Evolution Resources from the National Academies

Evolution is a scientific theory to explain observed data and phenomena. The simple fact that evolution is an explanation of something does not make it true.

In that case we can't be sure of anything as a truth, not even our own existence.

but you do like to muck things up

What do you think? Can you not answer your own retarded questions? If not, tough luck, pal. Me answering them is thing of the past.

Do you understand the difference between a discussion of right and wrong and a discussion of rights? Are you confused by the fact that right and right are spelled the same and sound the same?

I think so. Let's parse:

Right and wrong (relativism)

Rights (shit folks who get caught violating are subject to penalties under law)

How'd I do?

I suggest you get a dictionary and read because that is a fail.

"Rights" - or at least "legal rights" - are a figment of the imagination.

Yes and no. While facing a would-be killer or rapist, overtures about your rights are unlikely to deter them.

But by endeavoring to protect a woman's right, we make rape severly punishable by law, fewer women are raped, by many multiples. So the "legal right" can have very measurable impact on fewer women having their rights violated.

Want to explain how one loses rights simply because someone else is around that might have a problem with them? Does me being upset by the bullshit you type somehow affect your ability to type?

Really? You're that dimwitted? Okay.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Then some mutherfucker walks up and shoot your ass (head actually). Now how ya doing on your rights and shit?

Exactly.

You only have those privileges the government grants.

Benito Mussolini

Rights are recognized by people. You can say you have a fright, but unless others agree try exercising it.

Governments like Italy under Mussolini do not resemble representative republics like the USA.

Why do you hate the USA?

Damn, you are incredibly dense.

The only rights we have to exercise are our legal rights, natural rights exist even if we ignore them.

you say evolution and the big bang are only scientific theories and therefore not true, but something as abstract as natural rights is true?

how so? :eusa_shifty:

Last edited:
Thats about it,other than someday you will be feeding a tree someplace.

Not true. The morticians union have used their power to bribe politicians so that all people must be embalmed (even if cremated) so that we don't decompose naturally. You'll poison the tree with the formaldehyde your pumped full of.

Makes you want to go bury yourself when it is time.

Do you understand the difference between a discussion of right and wrong and a discussion of rights? Are you confused by the fact that right and right are spelled the same and sound the same?

I think so. Let's parse:

Right and wrong (relativism)

Rights (shit folks who get caught violating are subject to penalties under law)

How'd I do?

I suggest you get a dictionary and read because that is a fail.

If I required learning tips from you, I wouldn't be here. I'd be with mommy, while she was securing my headgear in anticiaption of the little bus pulling up the drive.

In comparative mythology we learn similar concepts with differing realities/outcomes/definitions of right and wrong do exist in different place and at different times.
Similar, but not identical.

I would go so far as to say that each individual on the planet has a slightly different understanding of "right" and "wrong".

Not to mention, I'm fairly certain that every single person's personal morality has evolved in their own lifetimes.

I know that I don't have the same "moral" values now that I did when I was 5 years old.

Rights as human constructs also easy to prove. Rights exist in the mind of man and not in the physical world

Agreed.

To clarify: people know what right and wrong are. Where they differ is on exactly what is right and wrongs...and that is what changes, not the concept itself.

Individual morality is separate from the morality of the groups we exist in that form our worlds.

Otto Rank, Adolf Bastian, Carl Jung, Joseph Campbell

Agreed.

Never existed, not even for our antecedents who forraged. They might well have felt the right to what they forraged, and would have loved nothing more than to sit around eating it unmolested.

But no such right exists in nature, nor the human world. So in time (millions of years) we came up with rules, giving folks the relative sense they had rights ... which really are not true. They're violated frequently, in nature, including by humans, and best we can do is punish those who violated them, in hopes of mitigating violations.

Think of it this way: we decide, as a people, that all humans have right to be born free of defects. Seems fair; yeah? A loving god would do that, at a minimum, I'd think. But nature doesn't give a fuck. It just does, sometimes defectively; but if it works, it's done more often.

It should be a simple process to prove that the concept of rights is a human construct. All you have to do is take one persons right to life and transfer it to another person who is dead. Once you do that you can conclusively prove that the right to life is an entirely human construct, until then I am simply going to assume you are wrong.

Any other species you know of that have conceived the notion of "rights?" Of course it's a fucking human construct.

Assume whatever you wish. If there's one retard, more or less, I won't lose sleep.

Party on, Garth.

Can you prove that other species do not pursue happiness? That they do not struggle to live? The fact that we explain something that exists does not change the fact that it exists outside our ability to explain.

You still haven't even debated against natural rights. Coming into a discussion, stating an opinion, and declaring victory based on said opinion is not a debate, it is dogma.

Nature does not guarantee rights. How can it? What are we back to sacrificing neighbors to the Volcano god?

Rights are human constructs. Human constructs come from the mind. What was natural ages ago may not be natural now.

Nature & natural...two terms people are confusing/conflating/hiding behind?

That is strange, I don't recall saying that nature guarantees rights. Care to point out where I did, or am I just supposed to fall apart because you put up a scarecrow?

you say natural rights exist? how can something exist outside of guaranteeing it does? maybe it doesn't truly exist until it's pulled out of your ass like a rabbit out of a hat?

Forum List

Back