What "rights" does nature give us?

Rights are recognized by people. You can say you have a fright, but unless others agree try exercising it.

Governments like Italy under Mussolini do not resemble representative republics like the USA.

Why do you hate the USA?

Damn, you are incredibly dense.

The only rights we have to exercise are our legal rights, natural rights exist even if we ignore them.

you say evolution and the big bang are only scientific theories and therefore not true, but something as abstract as natural rights is true?

how so? :eusa_shifty:

Because men are natural. We coined the term natural, and it myriad of meaning. We moved from being ruled, to understanding we are human and free at will, by right of being so. Free to believe what we want and act in ways that are free as long as this does not inhibit someone else.

You should really read up on classical liberalism of the time when natural rights were realized of men.

:eusa_shifty:

It should be a simple process to prove that the concept of rights is a human construct. All you have to do is take one persons right to life and transfer it to another person who is dead. Once you do that you can conclusively prove that the right to life is an entirely human construct, until then I am simply going to assume you are wrong.

In the womb, or once born, no life, no pre-life, nobody has a right to life, outside of the human construct that says they do. Where does this supposed right come from if not from the human mind? Nature? A god? Which god, Zeus, the Volcano god, Satan?:eusa_clap:

Life only exists because humans exist. Strange, I am pretty sure that science tells me that life predates the existence of humanity.

Where does life itself come from?

Exactly.

You only have those privileges the government grants.

Benito Mussolini

Rights are recognized by people. You can say you have a fright, but unless others agree try exercising it.

Governments like Italy under Mussolini do not resemble representative republics like the USA.

Why do you hate the USA?

Damn, you are incredibly dense.

The only rights we have to exercise are our legal rights, natural rights exist even if we ignore them.

you say evolution and the big bang are only scientific theories and therefore not true, but something as abstract as natural rights is true?

how so? :eusa_shifty:

---

Last edited:
Right and wrong are human constructs.:clap2:

So are birth and death, that does not change the fact that they exist outside of our constructs.

So humans created fruitfly birth and death? Or humans in World 0.0 (forrragers) made concious decisions on having babies, ya think?

No, we invented the concept of birth and death to explain the existence of observed phenomena in nature. Unless, that is, you think slugs understand that they were born, and will die. If you could prove that you would be famous, and would be able to prove that life birth and death exist as concepts outside of our ability to think.

It should be a simple process to prove that the concept of rights is a human construct. All you have to do is take one persons right to life and transfer it to another person who is dead. Once you do that you can conclusively prove that the right to life is an entirely human construct, until then I am simply going to assume you are wrong.

In the womb, or once born, no life, no pre-life, nobody has a right to life, outside of the human construct that says they do. Where does this supposed right come from if not from the human mind? Nature? A god? Which god, Zeus, the Volcano god, Satan?:eusa_clap:

Life only exists because humans exist. Strange, I am pretty sure that science tells me that life predates the existence of humanity.

Where does life itself come from?

We're speaking about humans and human rights, unless you want to address what I mentioned before...following the logic to rights extended to all animals.

If so then you believe that rights come from some super human force. Otherwise they are human constructs. Or do you posit a third alternative? :eusa_shifty:

Makes you want to go bury yourself when it is time.

Wouldn't it be more effective to bury a leftist?

No. Liberals who on average earn more (much) than Conservatives, choose burial as the nicer, albeit spendier option. So not more cost effective my any means.

But when they snatch your festering corpse from your singlewide, once the smell gets to bothering the neighbors, cremation awaits, since it's more cost effective.

That help?

you say natural rights exist? how can something exist outside of guaranteeing it does? maybe it doesn't truly exist until it's pulled out of your ass like a rabbit out of a hat?

Without outside interference, a person will live - ergo there is a natural right to live. Natural rights are those that exist without interference from other people. You have the right to liberty, as without other people stopping you, you will be free to move to the best of your physical ability.

Let's face it Dainty, you're a troll and I'm wasting my time giving you a serious answer, but natural rights are those which exist absent human interference.

Classic! "Humans have human rights because humans are natural.

Let's examine this.

Humans "have natural rights", ok.

Human's are natuaral, again ok.

Could you tell me what rights "humans" have by right of their being natural?

At the end of the day, we are building philosophical castles in the sand. We do not command nature, neither individually nor collectively. It commands us and does not have scruples.

Life, liberty pursuing happiness, et al.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, —
Even the people who believed in a 'truth' .. held a belief in a creator endowing rights, they acknowledge people need to form governments to secure their rights.

Creator, rights, governments. :eusa_shifty: how very odd

Their belief in something does not make it true, does it?

So are birth and death, that does not change the fact that they exist outside of our constructs.

So humans created fruitfly birth and death? Or humans in World 0.0 (forrragers) made concious decisions on having babies, ya think?

No, we invented the concept of birth and death to explain the existence of observed phenomena in nature. Unless, that is, you think slugs understand that they were born, and will die. If you could prove that you would be famous, and would be able to prove that life birth and death exist as concepts outside of our ability to think.

Wow. You are that dimwitted. Life and death are words to describe things in nature. They are not human constructs. Just part of our language (English).

you say natural rights exist? how can something exist outside of guaranteeing it does? maybe it doesn't truly exist until it's pulled out of your ass like a rabbit out of a hat?

Without outside interference, a person will live - ergo there is a natural right to live. Natural rights are those that exist without interference from other people. You have the right to liberty, as without other people stopping you, you will be free to move to the best of your physical ability.

Let's face it Dainty, you're a troll and I'm wasting my time giving you a serious answer, but natural rights are those which exist absent human interference.

Once born, without outside interference, once outside the womb, human beings would wither.

It's a fact, and the only thing that remains a theory is the mechanisms, albeit not of animals, plants and this planet, but the events leading up to the Big Bang, which is still anyone's guess, but they're working overtime trying to figure it out, and we may, one day.

Evolution and the Big Bang have nothing to do with each other.

I think they do, as do scientists. It's kinda where the sub atomic particles came from which after roughly 1/2 million years began coalescing into hydrogen atoms.

Damn, I am not sure where to begin other than pointing out that you are going from quantum physics to evolution and thinking you are smart enough to link them together.

No. Liberals who on average earn more (much) than Conservatives,

Not in fact true. Out of 100,000 conservatives and 100,000 leftists - there will be more conservatives with a greater income. But the TOTAL income will be greater in the leftists because the obscenely rich, the George Soros and Warren Buffet types are leftists - looking to reestablish a feudal society to rule over the peasantry.

choose burial as the nicer, albeit spendier option. So not more cost effective my any means.

But when they snatch your festering corpse from your singlewide, once the smell gets to bothering the neighbors, cremation awaits, since it's more cost effective.

That help?

I'm thinking more about when they drag your bloated corpse from the pool, as the butler finds you after you fell in after too much coke and too many Appletinis, whilst mumsy and daddy were vacationing in the alps..

They'll throw you a nice funeral, but will be too busy to attend...

Last edited:
evolution is scientific theory and fact. facts can change with evidence. you can have the opinion that science is junk.

truth is a different thing. saying something is true can be different than stating something is a truth. language, it's something you have to learn...it's not natural for people like you

Evolution Resources from the National Academies

Evolution is a scientific theory to explain observed data and phenomena. The simple fact that evolution is an explanation of something does not make it true.

In that case we can't be sure of anything as a truth, not even our own existence.

but you do like to muck things up

We can be sure of a lot of things, one of them is that something that we call evolution has happened. What we cannot be sure of is if our understanding of that process is correct because we do not have all of the data. Evolution is accepted as true by everyone that studies nature well enough to understand it, yet any scientist would love to find proof that it is wrong because he would be more famous than Darwin.

Yes and no. While facing a would-be killer or rapist, overtures about your rights are unlikely to deter them.

But by endeavoring to protect a woman's right, we make rape severly punishable by law, fewer women are raped, by many multiples. So the "legal right" can have very measurable impact on fewer women having their rights violated.

Want to explain how one loses rights simply because someone else is around that might have a problem with them? Does me being upset by the bullshit you type somehow affect your ability to type?

Really? You're that dimwitted? Okay.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Then some mutherfucker walks up and shoot your ass (head actually). Now how ya doing on your rights and shit?

I see you missed the point, as usual.

Have you come up with a way to transfer the right to life from one person to another yet? Because, as I pointed out, until that happens rights are not merely human constructs.

Forum List

Back