What "rights" does nature give us?

Quantum mechanics, actually. When shit gets really really small, it does follow the same rules of physics. In fact, we're clueless as to what's happening, but can with remarkable accuracy, predict what percentage of particles will end up being where they're aimed.

Evolution is merely the progression (life, universe, planets, bumble bees ...). Life is an organism that can replicate itself and mutate (the evolutionary aspect).

And indeed, the Big Bang is where it began, perhaps from another dimension or in endless cycle of expansions / collapses. But it sure as shit is a part of the evolution of our fucking universe, of which we and stars are a part -- and made of the same stuff.

Evolution is the change in inherited characteristics of biological populations over time. Unless the universe itself is biological it does not evolve.

there she goes again...

reframing and redefining terms. Koios mentions the term 'evolution' to say things even the universe itself is evolving as well as saying most everything in the universe contains the stuff we also are made of...and QW inserts 'evolution' the theory as if to say Koios was calling the universe's progression itself a biological entity (the universe as a biological entity is an interesting theory)

I thought we were discussing science, not personal opinions and being a troll.

The Theory of Evolution applies to biological lifeforms, not planets.

Better question, how does our inability to guarantee the existence of the universe negate the existence of the universe?

Please, you claim there are natural rights. Where are they and where do they come form? When did man discover these rights? Do animals have rights or only humans? If only humans then it has to do with what separates us from our cousins (damn evolution again)...our brains.

Our brains, our minds, thoughts and ideas...human constructs

I claim the universe exists also, why don't you demand I prove that by showing how I can guarantee it?

The physical world versus the abstract world where human constructs exist. Now if you want to go sidebar and argue philosophically about the existence of the universe in the mind, the physical world not really existing...go for it, but....

You claim abstract ideas like rights exist outside of the human mind? Either rights are human constructs or they are not. People say rights are human constructs and you ask them to prove they are human constructs, all while no one denies they exist in the mind. The thing is do they come from outside the mind? What do you say? Outside the mind or from the mind?

So what are you arguing? You play games. It is the classic definition of a troll.

not that that's a bad thing

Please, you claim there are natural rights. Where are they and where do they come form? When did man discover these rights? Do animals have rights or only humans? If only humans then it has to do with what separates us from our cousins (damn evolution again)...our brains.

Our brains, our minds, thoughts and ideas...human constructs

I claim the universe exists also, why don't you demand I prove that by showing how I can guarantee it?

The physical world versus the abstract world where human constructs exist. Now if you want to go sidebar and argue philosophically about the existence of the universe in the mind, the physical world not really existing...go for it, but....

You claim abstract ideas like rights exist outside of the human mind? Either rights are human constructs or they are not. People say rights are human constructs and you ask them to prove they are human constructs, all while no one denies they exist in the mind. The thing is do they come from outside the mind? What do you say? Outside the mind or from the mind?

So what are you arguing? You play games. It is the classic definition of a troll.

There is your problem, you think rights are abstract.

Evolution is the change in inherited characteristics of biological populations over time. Unless the universe itself is biological it does not evolve.

there she goes again...

reframing and redefining terms. Koios mentions the term 'evolution' to say things even the universe itself is evolving as well as saying most everything in the universe contains the stuff we also are made of...and QW inserts 'evolution' the theory as if to say Koios was calling the universe's progression itself a biological entity (the universe as a biological entity is an interesting theory)

I thought we were discussing science, not personal opinions and being a troll.

No you first called somebody a troll in this thread and we were discussing "what rights does nature give us?"

The debate went into does nature actually give out rights? :lmao:

So you say rights are not abstract things? If so what are they? :eusa_clap:

They are.

They are not tangible. And they are not universal or innate with the species. They aren't even part of what we call instinct.

and when Koios mentioned the evolution of the universe it was not in the sense of it being a biological entity explained by the theory of evolution. a complex sentence or thought seems to throw you into bizzaro land
\
you have a history of a difficult time with reading and comprehension skills

and when Koios mentioned the evolution of the universe it was not in the sense of it being a biological entity explained by the theory of evolution. a complex sentence or thought seems to throw you into bizzaro land
\

Darwin's On the origin of species, which we call often call "the evolution." (which of course is not the ony one, nor did CD understand genetic mutation's mechnisms, nor the vital importance of a planet with liquid water and organic molecules, which derive from suns exploding and forming new suns, with more complex molecules ...)

In short, whether planets or us, it's all part of the same evolutionary process of the Cosmos.

We are not positive about evolution, that is why we call it a theory. If something came along that proved it was wrong science would accept the new data and move on to another theory that explained it. Some people want science to be dogma, if we do that we will end up with more trials like what happened to Galileo.

No. It's a "theory" because it's comprised of all the facts we have on it. And NO! No doubt evolution is a fucking fact, even if we still can better understand its mechanisms.

Says the guy that thinks planets evolve.

How do you think they form? Pop into existence?

\

Darwin's On the origin of species, which we call often call "the evolution." (which of course is not the ony one, nor did CD understand genetic mutation's mechnisms, nor the vital importance of a planet with liquid water and organic molecules, which derive from suns exploding and forming new suns, with more complex molecules ...)

In short, whether planets or us, it's all part of the same evolutionary process of the Cosmos.

We are made up of star dust. I guess that makes god a Black Ho-le :eusa_shifty:

\

No. We're the stuff outside of black holes, such as the one at the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. And made of star "dust" is a misnomer. We are the result of follow-on generation stars, whose heat and pressure, turn lesser complex molecules into more complex molecules, necessary for lifeforms to evolve.

No. It's a "theory" because it's comprised of all the facts we have on it. And NO! No doubt evolution is a fucking fact, even if we still can better understand its mechanisms.

Says the guy that thinks planets evolve.

How do you think they form? Pop into existence?

Evolve - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Evolutionary - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

QW needs ass-istance

No. We're the stuff outside of black holes, such as the one at the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. And made of star "dust" is a misnomer. We are the result of follow-on generation stars, whose heat and pressure, turn lesser complex molecules into more complex molecules, necessary for lifeforms to evolve.

I like to believe we are on the other end of a black hole somewhere. Is it true nature abhors a vacuum?

I like to believe we are on the other end of a black hole somewhere. Is it true nature abhors a vacuum?

I'm thinking being in one might be a smidge claustrophobic. :)

Meanwhile, yes, nature does. But my live-in girlfriend bought a Dyson she loves so much she's always wanting to see me operate it. LOL

QW is not all that bad.

time to let her pout and dry up her wet panties

Fair enough. My new years resolution redux (shit; it's been 7 days, so of course quitting crack didn't go so well.) ...

Be nice to QW!!! Please god, give me strenth to keep that up for longer than 7 days, praise babyjesus ... also Holy Ghost, since he's too often overlooked. Kinda the Third Tenor, as gods go.

I'm thinking being in one might be a smidge claustrophobic. :)

Meanwhile, yes, nature does. But my live-in girlfriend bought a Dyson she loves so much she's always wanting to see me operate it. LOL

:lol:

Forum List

Back