What should happen to kids of illegal aliens being deported?

Meaning, deport American citizens as well...
Someone who snuck across the border is not a citizen.
Nope, but their babies born here are.

I'm not so bent on them being citizens since they were born here. But if mom and dad are criminals, aka illegals, they will be deported. I would keep my kid with me. But that's just me. If you want to leave your kids in the streets here, well that's pretty harsh

-Geaux
Why would other nations grant residency to American citizens? Oh right, they wouldn't half to, and they don't even have to take their citizens back if they choose not to.
He doesn't know what he is talking about. Making up laws as he or she goes along.

I'm not so bent on them being citizens since they were born here. But if mom and dad are criminals, aka illegals, they will be deported. I would keep my kid with me. But that's just me. If you want to leave your kids in the streets here, well that's pretty harsh

-Geaux
Why would other nations grant residency to American citizens? Oh right, they wouldn't half to, and they don't even have to take their citizens back if they choose not to.

That's fine with me. Dump them on the ramp. Return to sender

-Geaux
Right. You DON'T care. That's all what you know. And that's all what you are telling us.

They could sneak them across the border the same way they got to the US.
Gonna have to. Mexico certainly doesn't want them back, with their American citizen brats in tow no less. Expect Mexico to refuse entry. That will fuck Trump good...

Actually,that will fuck the American taxpayer. I doubt the Mexican government would refuse admittance to a Mexican citizen.
Fine, except their kids born here are American citizens. Countries refuse all the time BTW.

Wrong, babies born here have dual citizenship. Go read the Mexican Constitution

-Geaux
Wrong again. Lord you are making laws as you go along. If YOU have dual citizenship or want to have dual citizenship. You have to apply a dual citizenship. Not automatic. Lord.
Just as a person born in Mexico to American citizens is an American citizen, a person born in the US to Mexican Citizens is considered a Mexican citizen as well.

"The two, who are from Mexico and permanent residents of the United States, made the trek nearly three weeks ago to register their daughter Genesis, who will be 3 years old in March, as a citizen of both countries.

During a campaign that was initially to run Jan. 12-15, the Mexican Consulate in Atlanta has allowed parents to bring their children to the consulate by 7 a.m. each day to register for dual Mexican-American citizenship. To do so, the child must have been born in the United States and have at least one Mexican parent. Usually, the consulate takes only 20 applications each weekday, but during the campaign the consulate has attended to everyone who arrived by 7 a.m. Because of high demand, the campaign has been extended through Feb. 12, according to the consulate’s Web site."
Mexican parents obtain dual citizenship for U.S.-born child

Read more here: Mexican parents obtain dual citizenship for U.S.-born child

More like this

-Geaux

World War Two - Japanese Internment Camps in the USA

japanUScampmap.gif
Good for you Geaux. These are American kids. And you have to feed and care for them. Brilliant.

Gonna be fun when you try to deport the parents and the other nations won't let the kids in because they are American citizens...

Gonna have to. Mexico certainly doesn't want them back, with their American citizen brats in tow no less. Expect Mexico to refuse entry. That will fuck Trump good...

Actually,that will fuck the American taxpayer. I doubt the Mexican government would refuse admittance to a Mexican citizen.
Fine, except their kids born here are American citizens. Countries refuse all the time BTW.

In that case it would be Mexico that was breaking up the family, not the US.
No. You did.

It's a pretty common scenario today. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

An adult man crosses the border illegally, and lives here. He marries someone, say another illegal alien. They have kids here. The kids are U.S. citizens under the current interpretation of the 14th amendment, since they were born on U.S. soil.

Then the man (and maybe his wife) get busted by ICE, proven to be illegal aliens (which they in fact are), and get listed for deportation.

What happens to the kids?

The kids are U.S. citizens, no doubt about it. ICE has no grounds whatever for deporting them. But the parents are unquestionably illegal aliens, and the law is clear, the parents must be deported. Must the family be broken up? Who says so?

I've hear some people protest that it's inhuman for ICE to separate the kids (who are, say, 3 and 4 years old by now) from their parents. But is it ICE who is actually doing that?

This man knew before he ever came here, that he was breaking U.S. law, and was subject to deportation if caught. And his wife, if she is also an illegal alien, knew the same about herself. And when they were making kids here on U.S. soil and delivering them, they knew the same was still true.

It's not ICE who is planning to split up this family. It is the man and his wife, knowing that he and she might be booted out at any time for breaking U.S. immigration law, and that any kids they produced while living illegally in America, would be citizens NOT subject to deporation. They knew all these things going in. And one must assume they planned for them. (If they didn't plan, whose fault is that?)

So, what did this man and his wife plan would happen to their U.S. kids if and when they (the parents) got busted and deported? What plans did they make about what should happen to their kids? The kids are 3 and 4 years old now. They are considered U.S. citizens and have the legal right to stay in this country. Of course, they can't stay alone in the house their parents were just deported out of, if there are no other responsible adults around - the kids are just 3 and 4 years old. Of course, the kids also have the legal right to go with their parents back to the parents' home country.

The parents knew going in, that their own deportation was possible and legal... and even just. WHAT DID THEY PLAN FOR THEIR KIDS if that were to happen to them?

Did they plan that those kids would come back to the parents' home country with them? Or did they plan that the kids would stay with other (legal) family, however distantly related, in the U.S.? Or...? What DID these parents plan, for the time when the parents got busted?

Where does anyone get the idea that the government is responsible for the kids?

The parents are responsible for their kids. What have they planned?
Put them up for adoption.

they should go with their parents

they are not citizens either
Oh Lordy... sure know what you are talking about.
Kids are us citizens. Do you family kids? Why would you take your family to Mexico?
So you do not have waste bandwidth. Follow my post for Geaux called class us citizens 101.

-Geaux
No parents will leave their kids in the streets. They just dump them to homeless centers, churches etc. That we American tax payers has to find a camp. Feed them cloth schools etc. At least they eat and have a better future.
Why would you YOU take your kids to Mexico? You don't have a home, no jobs, no food, no future. Nothing. Are you willing to do that? I hope you do not have a kid.

My kid stays with me

-Geaux

Wrong, babies born here have dual citizenship. Go read the Mexican Constitution

-Geaux
Wrong again. Lord you are making laws as you go along. If YOU have dual citizenship or want to have dual citizenship. You have to apply a dual citizenship. Not automatic. Lord.

They have MEXICAN dual citizenship there sparky...

Focus!

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux
Right. You DON'T care. That's all what you know. And that's all what you are telling us.

Define us

Thanks

-Geaux

-Geaux
No parents will leave their kids in the streets. They just dump them to homeless centers, churches etc. That we American tax payers has to find a camp. Feed them cloth schools etc. At least they eat and have a better future.
Why would you YOU take your kids to Mexico? You don't have a home, no jobs, no food, no future. Nothing. Are you willing to do that? I hope you do not have a kid.

My kid stays with me

-Geaux
Good for you.

It's a pretty common scenario today. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

An adult man crosses the border illegally, and lives here. He marries someone, say another illegal alien. They have kids here. The kids are U.S. citizens under the current interpretation of the 14th amendment, since they were born on U.S. soil.

Then the man (and maybe his wife) get busted by ICE, proven to be illegal aliens (which they in fact are), and get listed for deportation.

The kids are U.S. citizens, no doubt about it. ICE has no grounds whatever for deporting them. But the parents are unquestionably illegal aliens, and the law is clear, the parents must be deported. Must the family be broken up? Who says so?

I've hear some people protest that it's inhuman for ICE to separate the kids (who are, say, 3 and 4 years old by now) from their parents. But is it ICE who is actually doing that?

This man knew before he ever came here, that he was breaking U.S. law, and was subject to deportation if caught. And his wife, if she is also an illegal alien, knew the same about herself. And when they were making kids here on U.S. soil and delivering them, they knew the same was still true.

It's not ICE who is planning to split up this family. It is the man and his wife, knowing that he and she might be booted out at any time for breaking U.S. immigration law, and that any kids they produced while living illegally in America, would be citizens NOT subject to deporation. They knew all these things going in. And one must assume they planned for them. (If they didn't plan, whose fault is that?)

So, what did this man and his wife plan would happen to their U.S. kids if and when they (the parents) got busted and deported? What plans did they make about what should happen to their kids? The kids are 3 and 4 years old now. They are considered U.S. citizens and have the legal right to stay in this country. Of course, they can't stay alone in the house their parents were just deported out of, if there are no other responsible adults around - the kids are just 3 and 4 years old. Of course, the kids also have the legal right to go with their parents back to the parents' home country.

The parents knew going in, that their own deportation was possible and legal... and even just. WHAT DID THEY PLAN FOR THEIR KIDS if that were to happen to them?

Did they plan that those kids would come back to the parents' home country with them? Or did they plan that the kids would stay with other (legal) family, however distantly related, in the U.S.? Or...? What DID these parents plan, for the time when the parents got busted?

Kids are us citizens. Do you family kids? Why would you take your family to Mexico?
So you do not have waste bandwidth. Follow my post for Geaux called class us citizens 101.

yeah i do

the kids of illegals are not legal either

-Geaux

-Geaux

Define us

Thanks

-Geaux
Obiwan and Stephane...LOL

yeah i do

Last time I checked trump shit list it say they are.

yeah i do

If they are born here, they are citizens whether you like it or not.

yeah i do

According to you. According to the law of the United States, they are.

yeah i do

If they are born here, they are citizens whether you like it or not.

maybe not

yeah i do

we are going to find out

Don't deport illegals, give them a path to citizenship. Unless you pro lifers want to see children go back to bad countries for them.

What do we do with the millions of poor american children living is poverty in the inner cities? Send the to other countries to take care of? Dumb ass statement.

yeah i do

we are going to find out

We already know.

Also, the constitution needs to be amended so that there are no more anchor babies.

The constitution do not give anchor babies so it does not have to be amended but correctly interpreted.
Post-Civil War reforms focused on injustices to African Americans. The 14thAmendment was ratified in 1868 to protect the rights of native-born Black Americans, whose rights were being denied as recently-freed slaves. It was written in a manner so as to prevent state governments from ever denying citizenship to blacks born in the United States. But in 1868, the United States had no formal immigration policy, and the authors therefore saw no need to address immigration explicitly in the amendment.

In 1866, Senator Jacob Howard clearly spelled out the intent of the 14th Amendment by stating:
"Every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country."
The phrase "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" was intended to exclude American-born persons from automatic citizenship whose allegiance to the United States was not complete. With illegal aliens who are unlawfully in the United States, their native country has a claim of allegiance on the child. Thus, the completeness of their allegiance to the United States is impaired, which therefore precludes automatic citizenship.

Supreme Court decisions
The correct interpretation of the 14th Amendment is that an illegal alien mother is subject to the jurisdiction of her native country, as is her baby.
The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution - Fourteenth Amendment - anchor babies and birthright citizenship - interpretations and misinterpretations - US Constitution

Forum List

Back