what the hell is the fascination of all American presidents with the game of golf?

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Woodrow Wilson painted the balls black in order to play in the snow. Obama broke the record for most golf games played by a president, only to be broken by Trump. FDR was the best golfer, he won many championships as a teen.

FDR had one powerful golf swing

I have often wondered what the fascination with golf involves? My ex was so into it and he had a membership in a club where I could just come up and sign slips for my drinks. He wanted to teach me. I told him that if if I wanted to spent my afternoons chasing little little white balls, I could find a lot more pleasing way to do it.

• Banned
Trump's love affair with golf has lasted longer than his love for any of his wives!

I have often wondered what the fascination with golf involves? My ex was so into it and he had a membership in a club where I could just come up and sign slips for my drinks. He wanted to teach me. I told him that if if I wanted to spent my afternoons chasing little little white balls, I could find a lot more pleasing way to do it.
It's really a pleasant way to spend a few hours--out in the fresh air, you don't have to be an athlete, it's just kind of refined outdoor activity. Quiet.

It's really a pleasant way to spend a few hours--out in the fresh air, you don't have to be an athlete, it's just kind of refined outdoor activity. Quiet.

I'm just not the type. For me, the best is to sit on the beach or walk and stop to pick up shells or stones polished by the water or climb out on the jetty, and just sit there, far from the madding crowd. People are so different.

Obama was cultural appropriation
they want to be like whites
170px-Michael_Jackson_Cannescropped.jpg

I'm just not the type. For me, the best is to sit on the beach or walk and stop to pick up shells or stones polished by the water or climb out on the jetty, and just sit there, far from the madding crowd. People are so different.
I LOVE picking up shells and sea glass and bright colored stones on the beach. I'm always keeping an eye peeled for doubloons.
My parents taught me to golf when I was a kid. They belonged to a (not elite) golf club and we had a lot of fun there as a family. They said I had a natural swing, but then the family split up and I never did learn how to make the damned ball go straight. So once in a great while I play nine holes, lose several balls and have a nice cold beer in the club house.

I LOVE picking up shells and sea glass and bright colored stones on the beach. I'm always keeping an eye peeled for doubloons.
My parents taught me to golf when I was a kid. They belonged to a (not elite) golf club and we had a lot of fun there as a family. They said I had a natural swing, but then the family split up and I never did learn how to make the damned ball go straight. So once in a great while I play nine holes, lose several balls and have a nice cold beer in the club house.

I just never could get into golf, and one of my uncles was a pro who played with Jack Nicolas on Long Island. For me, it's by the sea. I remember as a kid that my dog (the BBDIC, Big Black Dog In Charge) ran circles, barking, at a horseshoe crab. I could never live in the middle of the country. No big, beautiful trees over the roadway, no seashore.

Forum List

Back