What the hell is with these pollsters?

This was august of 2008 Obama McCain poll

"A Reuters-Zogby poll released on Wednesday found the Republican senator leading Barack Obama among likely voters by 46 to 41 per cent, sweeping away a seven-point advantage the Illinois senator held in the same survey a month ago."

And Obama won. See. They are not accurate at all.

What a moron. It's because there's more registered Democrats than Republicans. Many of the racist Dixiecrats are still registered as Democrat, but vote for the wingnut Republicans in state-wide and National elections. Didn't you ever hear the term, Reagan Democrat?

Utter nonsense. The numbers are fluid and change regularly. Party Affiliation: 36% Democrats, 33% Republicans - Rasmussen Reports™

How'd Rasmussen arrive at those figures?

(hint: random sample survey)

How'd Fox arrive at their figures?

Fair enough but I do remember seeing legit data collected that had the numbers breakdown and republicans held a slight advantage. Of course as I stated the numbers are fluid.

"A Reuters-Zogby poll released on Wednesday found the Republican senator leading Barack Obama among likely voters by 46 to 41 per cent, sweeping away a seven-point advantage the Illinois senator held in the same survey a month ago."

No, they're accurate, but people moods shift, and elections are fluid. No one is claiming Obama's already won re-election, Dummy. We're simply pointing out that his campaign hasn't caught any real traction outside his base yet.

Just because you don't like the result of the poll doesn't mean that polls are bad, or even that this particular poll was bad. Man, for a bunch of people who supposedly are about ruggedness and not whining, you all sure do whine a whole fucking lot.

The above doesn't indicate that the polls aren't accurate. The polls are a snapshop in time.

Your confusing changes in the public over time with inaccurate polling. If you want to know if a poll is accurate you need to compare it to results from the same time - for example, polls from early November 2008 are the meaningful comparison with the 2008 election results.

What a moron. It's because there's more registered Democrats than Republicans. Many of the racist Dixiecrats are still registered as Democrat, but vote for the wingnut Republicans in state-wide and National elections. Didn't you ever hear the term, Reagan Democrat?

Utter nonsense. The numbers are fluid and change regularly. Party Affiliation: 36% Democrats, 33% Republicans - Rasmussen Reports™

A "random sample" survey doesn't act like the Mr. Clean magic eraser.

If the random sample over samples for Dims over Republicans, it still over samples. This still leads to skewed results.

I just looked into the new Fox poll and was stunned to see that even they OVERSAMPLED democrats. And not by a little either.

44% democrat to 35% republican http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2012/08/09/fox-news-poll-presidential-race/

Why would anyone even publish such a skewed poll??????????????????

If you look deep into the data you can also see that they have consistantly oversampled democrats from as much as 1% to 9%

With such a small number of respondents polled how can they expect to get a fair sampling of the pulse of the people when nonsense like this is done? I can see why a left leaning establishment may want to skew a poll but why the hell would Fox do the same damn thing?

I'll tell you why, let me put on my special hat first.

:tinfoil:

Ok see Fox wants Obama to lose and thinks Romney isnt aggressive enough so they made this poll with a heavy sample of democrats and a small sample size to motivate the republican base and fire up Romney

Conspiracy theories are fun :tongue:

"What is the logic for Fox to publish a bogus poll"

Logic.....

......Fox....

...?

A "random sample" survey doesn't act like the Mr. Clean magic eraser.

If the random sample over samples for Dims over Republicans, it still over samples. This still leads to skewed results.

How do you know how many Republican and how many Democrats should be in your sample?

ITT: Conservatives are worried about polls showing their useless candidate slipping further behind and blindly grasp at straws.

Click on the link, take off your blinders and learn something for once.

So they had 9% more Dems? Who the fuck cares? That doesn't mean you toss out the whole fucking poll. It was a random selection of people. Jesus Christ you guys are thick.

ITT: Conservatives are worried about polls showing their useless candidate slipping further behind and blindly grasp at straws.

So they had 9% more Dems? Who the fuck cares? That doesn't mean you toss out the whole fucking poll. It was a random selection of people. Jesus Christ you guys are thick.

I don't care (because I can use the facts to help determine the validity of the polls results) but it does go to show you that the results are not neutral, they should favor obama. If the poll was 54% conservatives and 46% liberals I would expect either a tie or a slight lead for Romney.

DO you disagree with my assumption?

Last edited:

Anyone who cares about honesty and integrity.

Clearly not you

I don't care but it does go to show you that the results are not neutral, they should favor obama. If the poll was 54% conservatives and 46% liberals I would expect either a tie or a slight lead for Romney.

If the poll went the other way you fucktards wouldn't be saying a fucking thing. That's how I know you're acting like this is a travesty of polling science. It's not. It's just one fucking poll that shows your guy getting his ass handed to him is all.

I get it. The pain in your pussies will go away one day, I'm sure. Probably whenever it is the black guy in the White House leaves.

I don't care but it does go to show you that the results are not neutral, they should favor obama. If the poll was 54% conservatives and 46% liberals I would expect either a tie or a slight lead for Romney.

How do you know they are not neutral? To know that you would need to know how many people at this moment consider themselves dems and reps.

Clearly not you

So pollsters are supposed to go out of their way in a blind sampling to make sure they get a 50/50 split? What if people lie? What if in this poll, people lied about how they're registered?

Seriously. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. Because your guy is getting beaten like a red-headed step child. All that money spent on a fucking TURD of a candidate.

Hey, how come Mittens hasn't spent any of that $43 million of his own money he spent last time? Think it's because it made him look like an out of touch rich bitch trying to buy the Oval Office?

Your guy sucks, and the polls are showing it. Sorry, Bagtards.

If the poll went the other way you fucktards wouldn't be saying a fucking thing. That's how I know you're acting like this is a travesty of polling science. It's not. It's just one fucking poll that shows your guy getting his ass handed to him is all.

I get it. The pain in your pussies will go away one day, I'm sure. Probably whenever it is the black guy in the White House leaves.
To be fair there are a good number of batshit crazies on this board. Plymco_Pilgrim isn't one of them. He was simply making an inquiry. We disagree often but he's not looney tunes or a fucktard.

Last edited:

Clearly not you

So pollsters are supposed to go out of their way in a blind sampling to make sure they get a 50/50 split? What if people lie? What if in this poll, people lied about how they're registered?

Seriously. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. Because your guy is getting beaten like a red-headed step child. All that money spent on a fucking TURD of a candidate.

Hey, how come Mittens hasn't spent any of that $43 million of his own money he spent last time? Think it's because it made him look like an out of touch rich bitch trying to buy the Oval Office?

Your guy sucks, and the polls are showing it. Sorry, Bagtards.

The only thing beating Romney at this point are bogus polls which get NO VOTE.

Troll harder

You never answered my question. If the polling sample had 9% more republicans than democrats would the results have been the same as this poll which has 9% more dems than reps in it?

And you don't have to ascribe opinions that I did not post nor that I hold onto me when responding (I know i've had to tell you this a few times but you still make the same false assumptions about me)

Forum List

Back