"What To The Slave Is The 4th Of July?"

He would not have lost the election basically because he really wasn't anti slavery, but pro union.

I have posted plenty of quotes showing that he was anti-slavery, quotes backed up by his documented historical actions.

So?. The people did not vote for Lincoln based on slavery. They did not fight any war to free the slaves. None of that is true. Lincoln did not care about the slaves, he states such. If he could have kept the union with slavery he would have done it. Now you don't quote that, but he said it and that was shown too. The emancipation proclamation only freed slaves in the seceding states he did not free northern slaves That was shown to you also. You are just a dishonest little boy trying t push a bogus argument that is not based on fact.

"I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. "

Abraham Lincoln's Letter to Horace Greeley

1. His campaign platform was clearly anti-slavery. The voters knew that. The southerns knew it, it was why they rebelled.

2. His statements in the period leading up to the Civil War were obviously failed attempts at diplomacy, as betrayed by his earlier more numerous words from when he was NOT under the gun, AND by his actions.

Unless you think it was an accident that he ended slavery. lol!!!

"I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. "

A little too factual for his pointed, sheet wearing head.

I have posted plenty of quotes showing that he was anti-slavery, quotes backed up by his documented historical actions.

So?. The people did not vote for Lincoln based on slavery. They did not fight any war to free the slaves. None of that is true. Lincoln did not care about the slaves, he states such. If he could have kept the union with slavery he would have done it. Now you don't quote that, but he said it and that was shown too. The emancipation proclamation only freed slaves in the seceding states he did not free northern slaves That was shown to you also. You are just a dishonest little boy trying t push a bogus argument that is not based on fact.

1. His campaign platform was clearly anti-slavery. The voters knew that. The southerns knew it, it was why they rebelled.

2. His statements in the period leading up to the Civil War were obviously failed attempts at diplomacy, as betrayed by his earlier more numerous words from when he was NOT under the gun, AND by his actions.

If that was truly his intent, than his campaign platform of preventing expansion of slavery into new southern states, and ensuring the eventual end of slavery in the US, was a huge mistake on his part, as it was a direct challenge to the interests of the Southern States.

And I said ABOVE, his actions made a lie of the quote you posted.

The only "lie" is in your warped imagination.

HIs campaign platform showed his intent, to end slavery.

His later words do not outweigh his campaign platform, nor his actions.

He did not "ACCIDENTALLY" end slavery in the US.

You pull the "race card" in practically every post that you put up.

"Mr. Anti White Discrimination".....the world is out to get you. Its getting boring trying educate a thick headed dunce about remedial history.

LMAO at your idiocy.

Last edited:

If that was truly his intent, than his campaign platform of preventing expansion of slavery into new southern states, and ensuring the eventual end of slavery in the US, was a huge mistake on his part, as it was a direct challenge to the interests of the Southern States.

He saved the Union. Slavery had to end in order to accomplish that.

That was his intent and you need to STFU and quit trying to rewrite history from your perspectivr.

"Mr. Anti White Discrimination"

LMAO at your idiocy.

Your pretense that you don't understand what the Race Card is, is noted and dismissed.

Mm, I will also call you an asshole for being so grossly dishonest and insulting me.

467834.PNG

That was his intent and you need to STFU and quit trying to rewrite history from your perspectivr.

If he had not had an anti-slavery plank in his platform, there would have been no threat to the Union.

HIs obvious intent to end slavery caused the threat to the Union.

I can see why you want me to STFU, as it is very easy for me to reveal that you are full of shit.

LMAO at your idiocy.

Your pretense that you don't understand what the Race Card is, is noted and dismissed.

Mm, I will also call you an asshole for being so grossly dishonest and insulting me.

467834.PNG

Excuse me for being done humoring you and your delusional horseshit.

If you're insulted by my frankness.....too fucking bad. You're not obligated to address me any further.

If he had not had an anti-slavery plank in his platform, there would have been no threat to the Union.

I can see why you want me to STFU, as it is very easy for me to reveal that you are full of shit.

His intent was to save the Union. He never placed anything else above that in order of importance.

The south fought for their "states rights" and their intent to expand to slavery to the northern states or seceed and maintain it in the south.

And I don't care if you STFU or not. It is your right to continue to look like a dumbass.

Last edited:
He would not have lost the election basically because he really wasn't anti slavery, but pro union.

LMAO at your idiocy.

467834.PNG

If you're insulted by my frankness.....too fucking bad. You're not obligated to address me any further.

I was insulted by your blatant and uncalled for personal insult.

Are you really so stupid that you didn't notice that my Race Card meme was in response to a post that contained nothing but a uncalled for insult, and NOT a post that expressed disagreement on the topic?

Or are you just a dishonest lefty, playing stupid?

His intent was to save the Union. He never placed anything else above that in order of importance.

The south fought for their "states rights" and their intent to expand to slavery to the northern states or seceed and maintain it in the south.

And I don't care if you STFU or not. It is your right to continue to look like a dumbass.

If Lincoln got his way, as expressed in this 1860 campaign platform, and prevented slavery from being expanded to new states, this would have quickly led to the Free States gaining unchecked dominance in Congress and a lock on the Presidency, leading to an ever increasingly hostile to slavery, Federal Government.

The election of Lincoln was an existential threat to the political and economic elite of the South, of that time, as their whole class was based on slavery.

He talked some diplomatic and/or political smack down the road to try to walk that back, when it was called for, but no one with any sense would ignore his actions and believe those statements.

If Lincoln got his way, as expressed in this 1860 campaign platform, and prevented slavery from being expanded to new states, this would have quickly led to the Free States gaining unchecked dominance in Congress and a lock on the Presidency, leading to an ever increasingly hostile to slavery, Federal Government.

The election of Lincoln was an existential threat to the political and economic elite of the South, of that time, as their whole class was based on slavery.

He talked some diplomatic and/or political smack down the road to try to walk that back, when it was called for, but no one with any sense would ignore his actions and believe those statements.

Lincoln was a politician. His job was to work across party lines as the president. Your belief in what he "actually believed" is pure speculation, nor is it supported in any public address on record during his administration.

EVERY important transcript of his public speeches reveal that he was most concerned about and committed to preserving the Union.

Lincoln was a politician. His job was to work across party lines as the president. Your belief in what he "actually believed" is pure speculation, nor is it supported in any public address on record during his administration.

EVERY important transcript of his public speeches reveal that he was most concerned about and committed to preserving the Union.

His job was to work across party lines, hence speeches and letters that contradict his life long opposition to slavery, his campaign platform, and his actions during his Presidency.

It is not pure speculation when it is backed up by a lifetime of documentation and his actual actions.

You are the one cherry picking his statements that serve your partisan political purposes without and consideration of context or Lincoln's historical policies.

LMAO at your idiocy.

467834.PNG

Are you really so stupid that you didn't notice that my Race Card meme was in response to a post that contained nothing but a uncalled for insult, and NOT a post that expressed disagreement on the topic?

And we aren't supposed to be insulted by your consistent denial of our efforts to gain our own freedom by telling us how grateful we should be to whites fpr fighting to free us that was not so. Stop crying.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. "

Stop trying tp revise history. Lincoln did not give a damn about black people.

His job was to work across party lines, hence speeches and letters that contradict his life long opposition to slavery, his campaign platform, and his actions during his Presidency.

It is not pure speculation when it is backed up by a lifetime of documentation and his actual actions.

You are the one cherry picking his statements that serve your partisan political purposes without and consideration of context or Lincoln's historical policies.

A lifetime of what? He believed blacks were inferior and that the races needed to be separate. Shut the fuck up.

LMAO at your idiocy.

467834.PNG

And we aren't supposed to be insulted by your consistent denial of our efforts to gain our own freedom by telling us how grateful we should be to whites fpr fighting to free us that was not so. Stop crying.

1. The insult in question was implying I was in the Klan, you fool.

2. Showing respect for others efforts on your behalf in no ways demeans or belittles the efforts of blacks who have fought for their freedom. That you don't understand that is a sign of your emotional immaturity.

3. Your spin on my calling Kat on his asshole behavior is noted and dismissed. You are the crybaby here.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. "

Stop trying tp revise history. Lincoln did not give a damn about black people.

And you believe a politicians words over the evidence of his actions.

Sucker.

I guess that explains why you are a dem, too.

A lifetime of what? He believed blacks were inferior and that the races needed to be separate. Shut the fuck up.

i'm sure the millions of slaves he freed, were really hurt by him not being a 21 st century liberal.

How many millions of slaves have you freed, Mister Judge?

Forum List

Back