What was a reason for God to sacrifice His Son?

As far as I am aware, according to Christian beliefs after Adam's fall all humanity became sinful and doomed to perdition. Then Son of God was sent by Father to save mankind and give eternal live for those believing in Him.

‌Why was all this needed? Why didnt God simply send a prophet with instructions how people can save themselves? Why did God have a need to make sacrifice for himself?

All of Gods ways are justice( Deuteronomy 32:4)-- He showed all his justice scales-- an eye for an eye- perfect balance.

A sinless mortal( Adam) rebelled and sinned, losing a good standing for mortals with God. God hates sin.
A perfect mortal( Jesus) lived a sinless existence, yet paid in full the wages of sin= death. He did not owe that death-this is the ransom sacrifice he handed to his Father in heaven at his ascencion. Opening the door to all. Few find the path Jesus taught. Few believe Jesus over dogmas.
Can you tell me what you believe sin is or means?

Sin = anything in opposition to Gods will. Sin = worship to satan.
How do you know God’s will?

As far as I am aware, according to Christian beliefs after Adam's fall all humanity became sinful and doomed to perdition. Then Son of God was sent by Father to save mankind and give eternal live for those believing in Him.

‌Why was all this needed? Why didnt God simply send a prophet with instructions how people can save themselves? Why did God have a need to make sacrifice for himself?

All of Gods ways are justice( Deuteronomy 32:4)-- He showed all his justice scales-- an eye for an eye- perfect balance.

A sinless mortal( Adam) rebelled and sinned, losing a good standing for mortals with God. God hates sin.
A perfect mortal( Jesus) lived a sinless existence, yet paid in full the wages of sin= death. He did not owe that death-this is the ransom sacrifice he handed to his Father in heaven at his ascencion. Opening the door to all. Few find the path Jesus taught. Few believe Jesus over dogmas.

You know God's will?

To me sin is the commission of doing that which is against the will of God or the omission of doing that which is the will of God. It also includes knowing what the will of God is.
I don't understand what you meant by the last sentence. Are you saying it is a sin to know what the will of God is?

No. I am saying that man has to have a knowledge that what he is doing, or not doing is an offense to God. For example, a small tribe of people hidden away in the jungles without knowledge of the rest of society, who do their best but have no knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ will not be held accountable in the same way that a person with a full knowledge of the word of God will.

Doctrine and Covenants 82:3
3 For of him unto whom much is given much is required; and he who sins against the greater light shall receive the greater condemnation.

To me sin is the commission of doing that which is against the will of God or the omission of doing that which is the will of God. It also includes knowing what the will of God is.
I don't understand what you meant by the last sentence. Are you saying it is a sin to know what the will of God is?

No. I am saying that man has to have a knowledge that what he is doing, or not doing is an offense to God. For example, a small tribe of people hidden away in the jungles without knowledge of the rest of society, who do their best but have no knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ will not be held accountable in the same way that a person with a full knowledge of the word of God will.

Doctrine and Covenants 82:3
3 For of him unto whom much is given much is required; and he who sins against the greater light shall receive the greater condemnation.
Are saying the spirit of God only resides in those who believe in Jesus Christ?

And that without knowledge of Jesus Christ that men don't know right from wrong?

No. All mankind is born with the light of Christ. They have some knowledge of right and wrong which is testified to them in their spirit. But depending upon how much truth and light one receives, he is held accountable. One who hears the word of God with an open mind and heart will have it testified unto him by the spirit of the Holy Ghost. When one receives more and more light, they enter into the straight and narrow path by committing themselves to the gospel by baptism and then receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. One who receives the gift of the Holy Ghost has the opportunity to have the Holy Spirit as a constant guide in their life. By keeping the commandments and drawing near unto God, he will draw nearer unto you. You will receive greater testimony in your life regarding God and his will and ways. You will be filled more often with the spirit and receive greater and greater testimony. The Holy Ghost brings more and more light and truth into the lives of those who commit to follow the Lord.

There is a sin which exists that one cannot receive forgiveness of in this life and in the after life. It is the sin against the Holy Ghost. They become sons of perdition.

Matthew 12:31-32
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

To become a son of perdition one needs to know of a surety by the power of the Holy Ghost that Jesus is the Christ and then turn against him.

the SANCTIFICATION of roman barbarity lent credibility to the filth of Constantine
wasn't Abraham going to sacrifice his son, for God? And isn't there special sacrifices the Jews were doing or their high priests were doing, certain times of the year, for forgiveness of sins or to purify themselves or others???

I don't know much about it and would have to read up on it, but from a Christian perspective.....

Christ died for all sins, once and for all....

And the Christian perspective, was that these traditions of sacrifice in what we call the old testament, annually for Jews....was no longer needed, no sacrifice of a pure baby Lamb or whatever....for purification.

Christ died, once and for all....

the SANCTIFICATION of roman barbarity lent credibility to the filth of Constantine
wasn't Abraham going to sacrifice his son, for God? And isn't there special sacrifices the Jews were doing or their high priests were doing, certain times of the year, for forgiveness of sins or to purify themselves or others???

I don't know much about it and would have to read up on it, but from a Christian perspective.....

And the Christian perspective, was that these traditions of sacrifice in what we call the old testament, annually for Jews....was no longer needed, no sacrifice of a pure baby Lamb or whatever....for purification.

you are so mightily confused that I wonder into what sort of Christian sect
you grew up. I was born of jewish parents, grew up in a Christian town and most of my friends were of this or that Christian sect. I can correctly say that my only "religion" schools (extremely scant) was protestant sunday school. BUT I was an avid reader and read any book that fell into my hands------including the "OT" and the "NT" SHEEEESH ---even I knew more by the time I was 15 than you do now. At the time of
Abraham-----JUDAISM ----as we know it now ---DID NOT EXIST. Abraham (according to the book) migrated from BABYLON to----
the land called CANAAN. He represents a REPUDIATION of the
Babylonian culture. The book of "GENESIS" is ----IMO---an utterly
SUBLIME scriptural writing devoted to the repudiation of the
CODE OF HUMMARABI------represented by ONE person---ABRAHAM.
Abraham was not a simple guy. He was, CLEARLY, a kind of
Babylonian "nobleman" He led a big "household" Way back then
he was something like the TRIBAL CHIEFTAIN of a bunch people. In short. he absconded and founded a new society. As to sacrifice of
animals----that custom existed ALL OVER THE WORLD (almost)
It was actually the way MEAT was dealt with in agrarian societies.
It got inserted into RELIGION all over. (even in the time of Jesus----
the greeks and romans were still "sacrificing" animals in their temples)
For "Jews" (when jews became jews) -----like many centuries after
Abraham----- it became a Temple ritual in far more a limited way than
took place in Greek and Roman culture. If you examine the custom
carefully---you will realize that it was actually related to the ECONOMY
wherever it "happened" Feel free to ask questions. Here is a hint---
LEVITES (like me) are LANDLESS in the jewish system----Landless
in an agrarian society-------and even LEVITES have to eat

Here's a question

If god Jesus and the holy spirit are all the same thing how did god sacrifice his son without sacrificing himself and the holy spirit at the same time?

Here's a question

If god Jesus and the holy spirit are all the same thing how did god sacrifice his son without sacrificing himself and the holy spirit at the same time?
He created a man. Jesus was God AND man. God in the flesh.

you are so mightily confused that I wonder into what sort of Christian sect
you grew up. I was born of jewish parents, grew up in a Christian town and most of my friends were of this or that Christian sect. I can correctly say that my only "religion" schools (extremely scant) was protestant sunday school. BUT I was an avid reader and read any book that fell into my hands------including the "OT" and the "NT" SHEEEESH ---even I knew more by the time I was 15 than you do now. At the time of
Abraham-----JUDAISM ----as we know it now ---DID NOT EXIST. Abraham (according to the book) migrated from BABYLON to----
the land called CANAAN. He represents a REPUDIATION of the
Babylonian culture. The book of "GENESIS" is ----IMO---an utterly
SUBLIME scriptural writing devoted to the repudiation of the
CODE OF HUMMARABI------represented by ONE person---ABRAHAM.
Abraham was not a simple guy. He was, CLEARLY, a kind of
Babylonian "nobleman" He led a big "household" Way back then
he was something like the TRIBAL CHIEFTAIN of a bunch people. In short. he absconded and founded a new society. As to sacrifice of
animals----that custom existed ALL OVER THE WORLD (almost)
It was actually the way MEAT was dealt with in agrarian societies.
It got inserted into RELIGION all over. (even in the time of Jesus----
the greeks and romans were still "sacrificing" animals in their temples)
For "Jews" (when jews became jews) -----like many centuries after
Abraham----- it became a Temple ritual in far more a limited way than
took place in Greek and Roman culture. If you examine the custom
carefully---you will realize that it was actually related to the ECONOMY
wherever it "happened" Feel free to ask questions. Here is a hint---
LEVITES (like me) are LANDLESS in the jewish system----Landless
in an agrarian society-------and even LEVITES have to eat

7 And he said unto them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

I doubt you can go back that far in your genealogy. ;) and who would want to be descended from them.

How do you know God’s will?

Its in the bible.

Can you show me where the church says that?
It’s in the bible.
Can you show me where it's in the Bible?
You have to study the bible to find out. It’s in the stories about Jesus.
Show me where, TN.

Go sin no more is the bottom line. Like these sins found at 1Corinthians 6:9-11, Galations 5:19-21--along with the false god worship on earth and pagan practices off the table of demons= 99% on earth do these things daily. Because 99% of all religion is false including 99% of all religion claiming to be Christian.
The blind guides tell those who do those sins--you are saved or born again in the false Christian religions. And they believe those teachers over Gods written word. Not a wise path to walk.

Can you show me where the church says that?
It’s in the bible.
Can you show me where it's in the Bible?
You have to study the bible to find out. It’s in the stories about Jesus.
Show me where, TN.

Go sin no more is the bottom line. Like these sins found at 1Corinthians 6:9-11, Galations 5:19-21--along with the false god worship on earth and pagan practices off the table of demons= 99% on earth do these things daily. Because 99% of all religion is false including 99% of all religion claiming to be Christian.
The blind guides tell those who do those sins--you are saved or born again in the false Christian religions. And they believe those teachers over Gods written word. Not a wise path to walk.
Salvation works from the inside out. Our Spirit is born again, not our flesh. We continue to sin, but if we are really saved and keep following Jesus, we will become more like him. It's a process.

Forum List

Back