What was a reason for God to sacrifice His Son?

Catholic Tradition stands with Scripture in forming the one single deposit of the Faith. For Catholics, Sacred Tradition is not in opposition to Scripture: they compliment and confirm one another.

“So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter.” (2 Thess 2:15) “For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you….” (1 Cor 11:23) “For I handed on to you as of first importance what I also received….” (1 Cor 15:3) “…I know whom I have believed [i.e., Jesus], and I am sure that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. Follow the pattern of the sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus; guard the truth that has been entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit who dwells within us.” (2 Tim 1:11-14) “You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” (2 Tim 2:1-2) “…I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.” (Jude 1:3)

There is only one incorporeal God who has no equal, .without a visible shape or a material form.

There is no other God in existence either above or below him.
One God; body, mind and soul.
God does not have a body dingabat.

Are you making this up as you go along?

One of the most interesting evidences of Jesus’ divinity occurs when Jesus says to his audience, “Before Abraham was, I am” (Jn. 8:58, emphasis added). The reason Jesus mixes the past and present tense is because by referring to himself as the “I am,” he’s identifying himself with Yahweh who spoke to Moses out of the burning bush saying, “ I am that I am” (Ex. 3:14). His Jewish audience understood exactly what he was claiming for himself, for they immediately picked up stones to stone him for blasphemy.

The people who said that Jesus claimed divinity were his enemies who were trying to frame a charge of blasphemy against him..

When Jesus said that before Abraham was born, I am, he was responding to their question about how he could have "seen Abraham" when he wasn't yet fifty years old. This implies that if he was fifty years old they might have thought it was possible for Jesus to have 'seen Abraham".

This means that seeing Abraham wasn't about seeing him with the eyes it was about Jesus being old enough to understand Abraham, in the same way he meant that if you have seen me you have seen the Father.

In the same way, to see Jesus is to understand Jesus and since God has no visible shape or physical to see, if you see Jesus you will UNDERSTAND the Father.

Jesus as the messiah was in continuos contact, communion if you will, with God.

Jesus knew things about him and understood Abraham because God, I AM, was around before Abraham was born.
Jesus made the claim, Einstein. It has nothing to do with the other people.

What part of that do you nor understand?

That mean he only gave us two choice; he is who he says he is or a madman.
If he claimed to be God he was a madman.

If Jesus wasn't a madman he meant something else..

I just showed you the only way to UNDERSTAND what he meant that does not make him out to be insane..
You have no basis for your belief except what you have made up in your head.
ahem, excuse me professor, but now just like in the first century, anyone who would claim to be God would be completely insane.

As any psychiatrist.
Jesus made that claim.

“So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter.” (2 Thess 2:15) “For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you….” (1 Cor 11:23) “For I handed on to you as of first importance what I also received….” (1 Cor 15:3) “…I know whom I have believed [i.e., Jesus], and I am sure that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. Follow the pattern of the sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus; guard the truth that has been entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit who dwells within us.” (2 Tim 1:11-14) “You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” (2 Tim 2:1-2) “…I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.” (Jude 1:3)

There is only one incorporeal God who has no equal, .without a visible shape or a material form.

There is no other God in existence either above or below him.
One God; body, mind and soul.
God does not have a body dingabat.

Are you making this up as you go along?
God is truth. God is existence.

You are most likely Muslim.

Catholic Tradition stands with Scripture in forming the one single deposit of the Faith. For Catholics, Sacred Tradition is not in opposition to Scripture: they compliment and confirm one another.
Ok already...

You are a catholic..goodie for you.

According to you, that means that you worship a lunatic who claimed to be God which make you, what?

Crazy...

Be catholic all you like. The church can't and hasn't erased the truth

Through Catholic Tradition, the Holy Spirit works to bring the grace and truth of Christ into our own lives.

Through Catholic Tradition, the Holy Spirit works to bring the grace and truth of Christ into our own lives.
There is nothing Holy about desecrating the teachings of Jesus setting aside the laws of God and defiantly perjuring yourself in Gods name.

You can't blame that on the church sweetie.

No one has a gun to your head.

There is nothing Holy about desecrating the teachings of Jesus setting aside the laws of God and defiantly perjuring yourself in Gods name.

Says the subversive Muslim.

Tradition is the active, continuous work of the Holy Spirit in our particular time: it makes real and tangible “the active presence of the Lord Jesus in his people, realized by the Holy Spirit”.

Seeing Catholic Tradition as the active presence of Christ through the work of the Spirit is precisely what accomplishes the “transmission of the goods of salvation” to us.

Right, sherlock, lol....are muslims saying that Jesus is the messiah and that mohammed was a false prophet, a deranged megalomaniac and child rapist?

thats awesome!

Surely that must be a sign of the end. lol.....

Right, sherlock, lol....are muslims saying that Jesus is the messiah and that mohammed was a false prophet, a deranged megalomaniac and child rapist?

thats awesome!

Surely that must be a sign of the end. lol.....
Just the subversive ones who believe it is OK to lie for their faith.

The divine action of the Holy Spirit within the Church is essential to understanding Catholic Tradition. It is what makes Sacred Tradition something far different than mere human traditions.

Tradition is the active, continuous work of the Holy Spirit in our particular time: it makes real and tangible “the active presence of the Lord Jesus in his people, realized by the Holy Spirit”.

Seeing Catholic Tradition as the active presence of Christ through the work of the Spirit is precisely what accomplishes the “transmission of the goods of salvation” to us.

If what the church teaches is true, that the holy Spirit came at pentecost 2000 years ago, how is it that the Holy spirit hasn't done a single thing that Jesus said that the Spirit of truth would be sent by God to do?

Muslims don't believe Jesus was fully human and fully God. Muslims don't believe in the Trinity.

If what the church teaches is true, that the holy Spirit came at pentecost 2000 years ago, how is it that the Holy spirit hasn't done a single thing that Jesus said that the Spirit of truth would be sent by God to do?
What has the Holy Spirit failed to do, Mohammed?

C'mon man, enough with the nonsense. God could have made the universe perfect, so why didn't he? Like, if he didn't want Adam & Eve to eat the apple, why did he put it there? It makes no sense. You're going to say something like to temp them, but what for? Still makes no sense. If I don't want my kids to eat from an apple tree in our yard I simply won't put one there. Am I smarter than god or what?

The universe is perfect. The forbidden tree was always here on earth like a criminal banished to a maximum security prison planet. People were just given the awareness to avoid it and the way to subdue it, courtesy of an otherworldly source, around 6000 years ago. Before that the earth was without form and void, and darkness covered the face of the deep.

Obviously you have been munching on the forbidden fruit, otherwise you wouldn't be so confused about everything, and obsessed with innocent babies, homos, and kangaroos, and, apparently, you don't even know it.

How smart is that?
So you believe that about 6000 years ago GOD showed up and plunked Adam and Eve down into a beautiful garden. You are in serious need of mental help pal.

The only other alternative offered is that a big bang occurred--Where trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of atoms shot out in utter confusion yet all landed perfectly to make all of creation= not in a gazillion years.
No, just 13.8 billions years it took.

told to you by the men who misuse science to the core. They have polluted, the air, land, water, food. huge hole in the ozone layer causing havoc weather all over the earth. Many suffering because of it. 20 trillion in debt--The men who think they are intelligent are leading all of us into a deep pit. Gods kingdom is mankinds only remaining hope.
No, it can be proven by anyone with the right tools. Science hasn't polluted the earth, overpopulation has. That's man's fault. Before man came along, there was no pollution.

God's Kingdom is nothing but a fantasy, do you have any actual proof that it exists? And don't simply quote the bible, it's not proof.

Fuck man, you want confused, read your first paragraph again. ^^^^^

You have confused the story of genesis, the creation of heaven and earth, with the beginning of the universe.

The story of genesis has absolutely nothing whatever to do with whatever may have caused the beginning of the universe or solar system..
Look, everyone of you biblers has a different interpretation of it, I've seen you guys arguing about different meanings... Like seriously, how do you know that your interpretation is the right one? Where's the beef?

yes 34,000 religions claiming to be Christian--one is-1Cor 1:10)-- The teachings of Jesus prove who is who.
In other words, yours is the only right one here. :rolleyes:

Learn what Jesus actually taught, apply what Jesus actually taught. Then you can see.
None of you believers here can agree on what Jesus taught. Anyways, it's all hearsay.

What has the Holy Spirit failed to do, Mohammed?

But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will confute the world and show where right and wrong and judgment lie. He will convict them of wrong, by their refusal to believe in me, He will convince them that right is on my side by showing that I go to the Father when I pass from your sight; and will convince them of divine judgment, by showing that the prince of this world stands condemned."

“I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because everything he makes known to you he will draw from what is mine. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said ," Everything he makes known to you he will draw from what is mine".

No invisible spirit, or person who claims to be full of it, has ever convinced the Jews as a nation, that Jesus was right about anything...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back