What was a reason for God to sacrifice His Son?

Peter? You mean the first Pope of the Catholic Church. That Peter?

Saint Peter (Syriac/Aramaic: ܫܸܡܥܘܿܢ ܟܹ݁ܐܦ݂ܵܐ, Shemayon Keppa, Hebrew: שמעון בר יונה‎ Shim'on bar Yona, Greek: Πέτρος Petros, Coptic: ⲡⲉⲧⲣⲟⲥ, translit. Petros, Latin: Petrus; r. AD 30;[1] d. between AD 64 and 68[2]), also known as Simon Peter, Simeon, or Simon ( pronunciation (help·info)), according to the New Testament, was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ, leaders of the early Christian Great Church. Pope Gregory I called him repeatedly the "Prince of the Apostles".[3] According to Catholic teaching, Jesus promised Peter in the "Rock of My Church" dialogue in Matthew 16:18 a special position in the Church. He is traditionally counted as the first Bishop of Rome‍—‌or pope‍—‌and also by Eastern Christian tradition as the first Patriarch of Antioch. The ancient Christian churches all venerate Peter as a major saint and as the founder of the Church of Antioch and the Roman Church,[2] but differ in their attitudes regarding the authority of his present-day successors (the primacy of the Bishop of Rome).

Saint Peter - Wikipedia

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: St. Peter, Prince of the Apostles

That is strange--Peter clearly taught--Jesus has a God-his Father( 1Peter 1:3)-- so the teachers that followed his line--teach that truth as well.
"The New Testament is very clear that Jesus was a full human being. He had to grow in wisdom (Lk 2:52) and learn obedience by going through trials, just like every other human being (Heb. 5:8). He grew hungry and tired, like the rest of us. He experienced the same range of emotions as the rest of us and was tempted in all the ways we are (Heb 4:15). He was, in other words, made like us “in every way” (Heb 2:17). Jesus was a full human being. In fact, all indications are that Jesus still is a full human being, albeit in a resurrected and transformed state.

At the same time, the New Testament also clearly teaches us that Jesus is God. John tells us that, while no one has ever seen God as he is in himself, the Word (Jesus), who is himself God, has made him known (Jn. 1:18). Similarly, in his epistle he refers to the Son of God as “the true God” (I Jn 5:20). Along the same lines, Paul refers to Jesus as “God over all” (Rom. 9:5) and “our great God and Savior” (Titus 2:13) while Thomas calls Jesus “Lord” and “God,” and Jesus commends him for his faith (Jn. 20:28)...."

Was Jesus Fully Human and Fully God? - Greg Boyd - ReKnew

You believe lies out of error filled translations.
The strongest support for our beliefs come from Tradition.
Peter? You mean the first Pope of the Catholic Church. That Peter?

Saint Peter (Syriac/Aramaic: ܫܸܡܥܘܿܢ ܟܹ݁ܐܦ݂ܵܐ, Shemayon Keppa, Hebrew: שמעון בר יונה‎ Shim'on bar Yona, Greek: Πέτρος Petros, Coptic: ⲡⲉⲧⲣⲟⲥ, translit. Petros, Latin: Petrus; r. AD 30;[1] d. between AD 64 and 68[2]), also known as Simon Peter, Simeon, or Simon ( pronunciation (help·info)), according to the New Testament, was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ, leaders of the early Christian Great Church. Pope Gregory I called him repeatedly the "Prince of the Apostles".[3] According to Catholic teaching, Jesus promised Peter in the "Rock of My Church" dialogue in Matthew 16:18 a special position in the Church. He is traditionally counted as the first Bishop of Rome‍—‌or pope‍—‌and also by Eastern Christian tradition as the first Patriarch of Antioch. The ancient Christian churches all venerate Peter as a major saint and as the founder of the Church of Antioch and the Roman Church,[2] but differ in their attitudes regarding the authority of his present-day successors (the primacy of the Bishop of Rome).

Saint Peter - Wikipedia

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: St. Peter, Prince of the Apostles

That is strange--Peter clearly taught--Jesus has a God-his Father( 1Peter 1:3)-- so the teachers that followed his line--teach that truth as well.
"The New Testament is very clear that Jesus was a full human being. He had to grow in wisdom (Lk 2:52) and learn obedience by going through trials, just like every other human being (Heb. 5:8). He grew hungry and tired, like the rest of us. He experienced the same range of emotions as the rest of us and was tempted in all the ways we are (Heb 4:15). He was, in other words, made like us “in every way” (Heb 2:17). Jesus was a full human being. In fact, all indications are that Jesus still is a full human being, albeit in a resurrected and transformed state.

At the same time, the New Testament also clearly teaches us that Jesus is God. John tells us that, while no one has ever seen God as he is in himself, the Word (Jesus), who is himself God, has made him known (Jn. 1:18). Similarly, in his epistle he refers to the Son of God as “the true God” (I Jn 5:20). Along the same lines, Paul refers to Jesus as “God over all” (Rom. 9:5) and “our great God and Savior” (Titus 2:13) while Thomas calls Jesus “Lord” and “God,” and Jesus commends him for his faith (Jn. 20:28)...."

That's the problem with the Catholic church. A Christian church should follow Scripture.

Mark 7:13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that."

Matthew 15:1-9 1Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2"Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don't wash their hands before they eat!" 3Jesus replied, "And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4For God said, 'Honor your father and mother' and 'Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.' 5But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is 'devoted to God,' 6they are not to 'honor their father or mother' with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: 8"'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. 9They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.'"
How many passages do you read in Church on Sunday?

That's the problem with the Catholic church. A Christian church should follow Scripture.

Mark 7:13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that."

Matthew 15:1-9 1Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2"Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don't wash their hands before they eat!" 3Jesus replied, "And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4For God said, 'Honor your father and mother' and 'Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.' 5But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is 'devoted to God,' 6they are not to 'honor their father or mother' with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: 8"'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. 9They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.'"
Without the Tradition that was passed down orally there would be no scripture.

human rules= cross, statues, icons, graven images in the churches and homes. None mentioned in the bible to use. Easter-Christmas--not in the bible.
You don't love Jesus, you hate Catholics. You and Hobelim are cut from the same cloth.

The New Testament repeatedly ascribes to Jesus titles and activities that are elsewhere reserved for God alone. For example, the single most common title given to Jesus in the New Testament is “Lord” (kurios) (e.g. Rom 10:9; 1 Cor 1:7). This is the Greek equivalent of Yahweh, the most sacred name for God in the Old Testament. So too, the Bible teaches that God alone is judge and creator, yet Jesus is depicted in these roles in the New Testament (Col 1:16). Similarly, Yahweh alone is said to be “the alpha and the omega” and “the beginning and the end” (Isa. 44:6), yet Jesus says this of himself in the New Testament (Rev. 22:13).

Sorry, but if you don't believe that God cannot exist unless there are no deformed babies, you are literally making an argument you don't believe.

So which is it? Can God exist if deformed babies exist? Or is it impossible for God to exist unless there are no deformed babies?
I just said that god can exist if deformed babies exist but that god either wants it like that(why?), or he’s not perfect either.
Also failed logic.
Why?
Because there is another option that makes more sense and is explained in scripture. In fact, I have explained it to you dozens of times.
So what does it say about god creating deformed babies? Or are you simply going to deflect for the fiftieth time?
Just as soon as you admit that since deformed babies exist you believe there can be no God. How's that?

Without the Tradition that was passed down orally there would be no scripture.
Scripture was inspired by the Holy Spirit, not tradition. Read the Scriptures I provided regarding tradition and meditate on them.
And kept alive through Tradition. You seem to think all there ever was were scriptures. That just isn't the case. There is much much more to it. The fact that you would rather argue with me about it is revealing.

Then he has you, lock, stock and barrel.

No, there is no trace of Satan in me...

If there was I would be freaking out about the end of the world like you.

All that know the true God and his son, knows100%--the teachings of Jesus prove the JW teachers are correct, It is a very sad reality= Few know what Jesus taught
In EVERY church on earth the teachers are paid to teach that religions brand of dogmas, very little of what Jesus taught.

I am not freaking out about it, The bible says the coming of Gods kingdom is good news. Those living in fear are the ones who do not think so.

You do not even know what Jesus taught if you believe that the world is about to be destroyed literally and then recreated according to your anal delusions while professing to believe that he already returned last century and only 144000 JW's noticed as if wars instead of peace and your aberrant behavior instead of sanity were proof of it.

Looks like Satan, I mean, whoever filled your head with all of that trash, has you lock stock and barrel.

We don't believe what you wrote.
144,000 go to heaven-Rev 14:3
The great multitude will be brought through Har-mageddon on the earth( Prov 2:21-22, Matt 24:22)-----
Jesus promised the EARTH to the great multitude-Matt 5:5)--The psalmist knew that truth as well-Psalm 37:9-11,29

Ugh...lol... Ok, so where are these 144,000 JW virgins and what is the new song that they learn to sing? Do you even know what that means? And if they go wherever the lamb goes, where are they now? Not in kingdom hall. I looked. Not a virgin in sight.

Not for nothing but you really sound hysterical.

You guys should stick to dropping off pamphlets. And enough with the door to door already. You might have better luck winning over converts if you never said anything...

That dead fish look in your eyes, irrational blubbering, and toothy smile is a dead give away.
It is sad to watch you spew your hatred of others.

One of the most interesting evidences of Jesus’ divinity occurs when Jesus says to his audience, “Before Abraham was, I am” (Jn. 8:58, emphasis added). The reason Jesus mixes the past and present tense is because by referring to himself as the “I am,” he’s identifying himself with Yahweh who spoke to Moses out of the burning bush saying, “ I am that I am” (Ex. 3:14). His Jewish audience understood exactly what he was claiming for himself, for they immediately picked up stones to stone him for blasphemy.

One of the most interesting evidences of Jesus’ divinity occurs when Jesus says to his audience, “Before Abraham was, I am” (Jn. 8:58, emphasis added). The reason Jesus mixes the past and present tense is because by referring to himself as the “I am,” he’s identifying himself with Yahweh who spoke to Moses out of the burning bush saying, “ I am that I am” (Ex. 3:14). His Jewish audience understood exactly what he was claiming for himself, for they immediately picked up stones to stone him for blasphemy.

The people who said that Jesus claimed divinity were his enemies who were trying to frame a charge of blasphemy against him..

When Jesus said that before Abraham was born, I am, he was responding to their question about how he could have "seen Abraham" when he wasn't yet fifty years old. This implies that if he was fifty years old they might have thought it was possible for Jesus to have 'seen Abraham".

This means that seeing Abraham wasn't about seeing him with the eyes it was about Jesus being old enough to understand Abraham, in the same way he meant that if you have seen me you have seen the Father.

In the same way, to see Jesus is to understand Jesus and since God has no visible shape or physical to see, if you see (understand) Jesus you will see, UNDERSTAND, the Father.

Jesus as the messiah was in continuos contact, communion if you will, with God.

Jesus knew things about him and understood Abraham because God, I AM, who was with Jesus was around before Abraham was born.

Last edited:

The people who said that Jesus claimed divinity were his enemies who were trying to frame a charge of blasphemy against him..

When Jesus said that before Abraham was born, I am, he was responding to their question about how he could have "seen Abraham" when he wasn't yet fifty years old. This implies that if he was fifty years old they might have thought it was possible for Jesus to have 'seen Abraham".

This means that seeing Abraham wasn't about seeing him with the eyes it was about Jesus being old enough to understand Abraham, in the same way he meant that if you have seen me you have seen the Father.

In the same way, to see Jesus is to understand Jesus and since God has no visible shape or physical to see, if you see Jesus you will UNDERSTAND the Father.

Jesus knew things about him and understood Abraham because God, I AM, was around before Abraham was born.
Jesus made the claim, Einstein. It has nothing to do with the other people.

What part of that do you nor understand?

That mean he only gave us two choice; he is who he says he is or a madman.

Finally, and perhaps most impressively, the Bible consistently stresses that humans are to pray to and worship God alone. Whenever humans or even angels find others bowing before them in the Bible, they immediately put a stop to it. Yet we find people – monotheistic Jews no less – worshipping Jesus, and he not only allows it, but encourages it (e.g. Jn 20:28-29). The practice of worshipping and praying to Jesus as Lord is found throughout the New Testament.

In the same way, to see Jesus is to understand Jesus and since God has no visible shape or physical to see, if you see Jesus you will UNDERSTAND the Father.

Jesus knew things about him and understood Abraham because God, I AM, was around before Abraham was born.

If he claimed to be God he was a madman.

If Jesus wasn't a madman he meant something else..

I just showed you the only way to UNDERSTAND what he meant that does not make him out to be insane..

I just showed you the only way to UNDERSTAND what he meant that does not make him out to be insane..
Too bad you don't see him that way, lol. Your actions belie your words.

Too bad you don't see him that way, lol. Your actions belie your words.
Your words belie your ignorance.

There never was and never will be a human being that was God or became God either before, during, or after their human existence.

“So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter.” (2 Thess 2:15) “For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you….” (1 Cor 11:23) “For I handed on to you as of first importance what I also received….” (1 Cor 15:3) “…I know whom I have believed [i.e., Jesus], and I am sure that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. Follow the pattern of the sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus; guard the truth that has been entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit who dwells within us.” (2 Tim 1:11-14) “You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” (2 Tim 2:1-2) “…I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.” (Jude 1:3)

In His gracious goodness, God has seen to it that what He had revealed for the salvation of all nations would abide perpetually in its full integrity and be handed on to all generations. Therefore Christ the Lord in whom the full revelation of the supreme God is brought to completion…, commissioned the Apostles to preach to all men that Gospel which is the source of all saving truth and moral teaching, and to impart to them heavenly gifts.
(_Dei Verbum_, 7)

The Apostles dedicated themselves to this mission, and they appointed other faithful men to succeed them and carry on their work. That same passage of Dei Verbum continues:

This commission was faithfully fulfilled by the Apostles who, by their oral preaching, by example, and by observances handed on what they had received from the lips of Christ, from living with Him, and from what He did, or what they had learned through the prompting of the Holy Spirit. The commission was fulfilled, too, by those Apostles and apostolic men who under the inspiration of the same Holy Spirit committed the message of salvation to writing.
(_Dei Verbum_, 7)

“So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter.” (2 Thess 2:15) “For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you….” (1 Cor 11:23) “For I handed on to you as of first importance what I also received….” (1 Cor 15:3) “…I know whom I have believed [i.e., Jesus], and I am sure that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. Follow the pattern of the sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus; guard the truth that has been entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit who dwells within us.” (2 Tim 1:11-14) “You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” (2 Tim 2:1-2) “…I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.” (Jude 1:3)

There is only one incorporeal God who has no equal, .without a visible shape or a material form.

There is no other God in existence either above or below him.

You have no basis for your belief except what you have made up in your head.

There is only one incorporeal God who has no equal, .without a visible shape or a material form.

There is no other God in existence either above or below him.
One God; body, mind and soul.

You have no basis for your belief except what you have made up in your head.
ahem, excuse me professor, but now just like in the first century, anyone who would claim to be God would be completely insane.

As any psychiatrist.

Forum List

Back