What was a reason for God to sacrifice His Son?

You said god wants a certain outcome, so why the cancer and deformed babies? Why is god wanting that outcome? For what purpose?

If everything in the universe isn't perfect, it doesn't mean there's no god, but that god wanted it that way. Either that, or He's not perfect either. Which is it?

God had 2 choices at the events of Eden--kill the 3 rebels on the spot--no one ever born would have been granted life)-- or let the issues raised against him be proved once and for all time. And weed out all goats--1/3 of the angels fell later--it would have happened over and over--this way it occurs once and never again. Adam and Eve chose to bring bad into this world.
C'mon man, enough with the nonsense. God could have made the universe perfect, so why didn't he? Like, if he didn't want Adam & Eve to eat the apple, why did he put it there? It makes no sense. You're going to say something like to temp them, but what for? Still makes no sense. If I don't want my kids to eat from an apple tree in our yard I simply won't put one there. Am I smarter than god or what?

The universe is perfect. The forbidden tree was always here on earth like a criminal banished to a maximum security prison planet. People were just given the awareness to avoid it and the way to subdue it, courtesy of an otherworldly source, around 6000 years ago. Before that the earth was without form and void, and darkness covered the face of the deep.

Obviously you have been munching on the forbidden fruit, otherwise you wouldn't be so confused about everything, and obsessed with innocent babies, homos, and kangaroos, and, apparently, you don't even know it.

How smart is that?
Fuck man, you want confused, read your first paragraph again. ^^^^^

You have confused the story of genesis, the creation of heaven and earth, with the beginning of the universe.

The story of genesis has absolutely nothing whatever to do with whatever may have caused the beginning of the universe or solar system..
You mean the allegorical account of the creation of space and time. I think you are the one who is confused.

So in your universe, unless everything is perfect - a utopia - there can be no God? Am I understanding you correctly, Taz?

That if there are babies that are born with birth defect, there can be no God?
You said god wants a certain outcome, so why the cancer and deformed babies? Why is god wanting that outcome? For what purpose?

If everything in the universe isn't perfect, it doesn't mean there's no god, but that god wanted it that way. Either that, or He's not perfect either. Which is it?
Sorry, but if you don't believe that God cannot exist unless there are no deformed babies, you are literally making an argument you don't believe.

So which is it? Can God exist if deformed babies exist? Or is it impossible for God to exist unless there are no deformed babies?
I just said that god can exist if deformed babies exist but that god either wants it like that(why?), or he’s not perfect either.
Also failed logic.
Why?
Because there is another option that makes more sense and is explained in scripture. In fact, I have explained it to you dozens of times.

That is strange--Peter clearly taught--Jesus has a God-his Father( 1Peter 1:3)-- so the teachers that followed his line--teach that truth as well.
"The New Testament is very clear that Jesus was a full human being. He had to grow in wisdom (Lk 2:52) and learn obedience by going through trials, just like every other human being (Heb. 5:8). He grew hungry and tired, like the rest of us. He experienced the same range of emotions as the rest of us and was tempted in all the ways we are (Heb 4:15). He was, in other words, made like us “in every way” (Heb 2:17). Jesus was a full human being. In fact, all indications are that Jesus still is a full human being, albeit in a resurrected and transformed state.

At the same time, the New Testament also clearly teaches us that Jesus is God. John tells us that, while no one has ever seen God as he is in himself, the Word (Jesus), who is himself God, has made him known (Jn. 1:18). Similarly, in his epistle he refers to the Son of God as “the true God” (I Jn 5:20). Along the same lines, Paul refers to Jesus as “God over all” (Rom. 9:5) and “our great God and Savior” (Titus 2:13) while Thomas calls Jesus “Lord” and “God,” and Jesus commends him for his faith (Jn. 20:28)...."

Was Jesus Fully Human and Fully God? - Greg Boyd - ReKnew

You believe lies out of error filled translations.

No, he doesn't believe the lies. He pretends to believe because he is under the delusion that if he lies his ass off and calls it faith until his dying day, even when he gets caught lying red handed, he will receive presents from God.

He probably invested his entire life savings on beenie babies.
Judging others as you judge yourself, brother?

Or just grinding your ax on beliefs that offend you?

Well, I was walking along minding my own business and notice you shrieking and flailing about with your head on fire one day... I figured it was the right thing to do to alert you to the cause of your torment and distress..

I am just being neighborly.

You have a problem with that?

Would you rather I just stood here and did nothing but laugh at you while you slowly disintegrated into nothingness?
Would you like to subordinate the catholic faith?

That is strange--Peter clearly taught--Jesus has a God-his Father( 1Peter 1:3)-- so the teachers that followed his line--teach that truth as well.
"The New Testament is very clear that Jesus was a full human being. He had to grow in wisdom (Lk 2:52) and learn obedience by going through trials, just like every other human being (Heb. 5:8). He grew hungry and tired, like the rest of us. He experienced the same range of emotions as the rest of us and was tempted in all the ways we are (Heb 4:15). He was, in other words, made like us “in every way” (Heb 2:17). Jesus was a full human being. In fact, all indications are that Jesus still is a full human being, albeit in a resurrected and transformed state.

At the same time, the New Testament also clearly teaches us that Jesus is God. John tells us that, while no one has ever seen God as he is in himself, the Word (Jesus), who is himself God, has made him known (Jn. 1:18). Similarly, in his epistle he refers to the Son of God as “the true God” (I Jn 5:20). Along the same lines, Paul refers to Jesus as “God over all” (Rom. 9:5) and “our great God and Savior” (Titus 2:13) while Thomas calls Jesus “Lord” and “God,” and Jesus commends him for his faith (Jn. 20:28)...."

The strongest support for our beliefs come from Tradition.

That's the problem with the Catholic church. A Christian church should follow Scripture.

Mark 7:13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that."

Matthew 15:1-9 1Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2"Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don't wash their hands before they eat!" 3Jesus replied, "And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4For God said, 'Honor your father and mother' and 'Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.' 5But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is 'devoted to God,' 6they are not to 'honor their father or mother' with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: 8"'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. 9They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.'"
Without the Tradition that was passed down orally there would be no scripture.
Scripture was inspired by the Holy Spirit, not tradition. Read the Scriptures I provided regarding tradition and meditate on them.

What purpose do deformed babies have? Cancer? Mental retardation?

And god could have any outcome he wanted without all the threats. If he's actually omnipotent.
So in your universe, unless everything is perfect - a utopia - there can be no God? Am I understanding you correctly, Taz?

That if there are babies that are born with birth defect, there can be no God?

God had 2 choices at the events of Eden--kill the 3 rebels on the spot--no one ever born would have been granted life)-- or let the issues raised against him be proved once and for all time. And weed out all goats--1/3 of the angels fell later--it would have happened over and over--this way it occurs once and never again. Adam and Eve chose to bring bad into this world.
C'mon man, enough with the nonsense. God could have made the universe perfect, so why didn't he? Like, if he didn't want Adam & Eve to eat the apple, why did he put it there? It makes no sense. You're going to say something like to temp them, but what for? Still makes no sense. If I don't want my kids to eat from an apple tree in our yard I simply won't put one there. I won't say "see those delicious apples? If you eat one you're screwed forever, and all of mankind is screwed with you forever". IT MAKES NO SENSE!!! Am I smarter than god or what?

Maybe its just physics law that if there is good there is an opposite as well.
God had to have made the opposite of good on purpose, no?

C'mon man, enough with the nonsense. God could have made the universe perfect, so why didn't he? Like, if he didn't want Adam & Eve to eat the apple, why did he put it there? It makes no sense. You're going to say something like to temp them, but what for? Still makes no sense. If I don't want my kids to eat from an apple tree in our yard I simply won't put one there. Am I smarter than god or what?

The universe is perfect. The forbidden tree was always here on earth like a criminal banished to a maximum security prison planet. People were just given the awareness to avoid it and the way to subdue it, courtesy of an otherworldly source, around 6000 years ago. Before that the earth was without form and void, and darkness covered the face of the deep.

Obviously you have been munching on the forbidden fruit, otherwise you wouldn't be so confused about everything, and obsessed with innocent babies, homos, and kangaroos, and, apparently, you don't even know it.

How smart is that?
So you believe that about 6000 years ago GOD showed up and plunked Adam and Eve down into a beautiful garden. You are in serious need of mental help pal.

The only other alternative offered is that a big bang occurred--Where trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of atoms shot out in utter confusion yet all landed perfectly to make all of creation= not in a gazillion years.
No, just 13.8 billions years it took.

How smart is that?

You have confused the story of genesis, the creation of heaven and earth, with the beginning of the universe.

The story of genesis has absolutely nothing whatever to do with whatever may have caused the beginning of the universe or solar system..
Look, everyone of you biblers has a different interpretation of it, I've seen you guys arguing about different meanings... Like seriously, how do you know that your interpretation is the right one? Where's the beef?

yes 34,000 religions claiming to be Christian--one is-1Cor 1:10)-- The teachings of Jesus prove who is who.
In other words, yours is the only right one here. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but if you don't believe that God cannot exist unless there are no deformed babies, you are literally making an argument you don't believe.

So which is it? Can God exist if deformed babies exist? Or is it impossible for God to exist unless there are no deformed babies?
I just said that god can exist if deformed babies exist but that god either wants it like that(why?), or he’s not perfect either.
Also failed logic.
Why?
Because there is another option that makes more sense and is explained in scripture. In fact, I have explained it to you dozens of times.
So what does it say about god creating deformed babies? Or are you simply going to deflect for the fiftieth time?

As far as I am aware, according to Christian beliefs after Adam's fall all humanity became sinful and doomed to perdition. Then Son of God was sent by Father to save mankind and give eternal live for those believing in Him.

‌Why was all this needed? Why didnt God simply send a prophet with instructions how people can save themselves? Why did God have a need to make sacrifice for himself?

It amazes me how many people not only want to take a literal interpretation from the Bible, but want to ascribe ordinary human values and motivations to a Supreme Being that is behind the Cause to all causes!
Actually, the Bible should be taken literally, unless it is clear that it should not be taken literally. Revelation, and Daniel for instance, which use a lot of symbolism.

Who decides? Am I to really believe that the world was created in six days and God rested on the seventh, and that thousands of years later we just happened to come up with the week as a time unit? Or that the world is 6000 years old? Recorded HISTORY begins about 6000 years ago, so it was only natural at some point to consider that the "beginning" at a time long before paleoanthropology or archeology were known. The Bible was written long after many of the events described within actually happened. Its been translated. I believe some of it was intended literally, this person was born, that person begat this person, while other parts are either metaphorical or were descriptions of things the writer was trying to describe to the best of his ability that he did not fully understand and could only put into words as best as was available to him at the time. The Bible is more than a biography of people and history, it was meant to be a parable on which for men to model moral lives.
The word for day, in Genesis, is the same word that means a 24 hour period. There is also the fact that Genesis states that the evening and the morning were the first day. Now consider the fact that God can do anything, and it's not at all far fetched. Also, about the age of the Earth. Scientists say it's much older than 6,000 years. But this is based on radiometric dating. Most people don't realize that these dating methods are based on assumptions. Radiocarbon dating is the only one with an observed decay rate. Even that is unable to be relied upon past a certain timespan. The reason for this is that the c14 in the atmosphere is not constant. If the Earth was created 6,000 years ago, objects dated from near that time period would give false readings since the amount of c14 had not built up to it's present levels. There is also the problem of soft tissue found in fossils that are supposedly hundreds of millions of years old. How do you explain that? This is not a myth. they have even sequenced some of the DNA. It taste like chicken. :) I believe that if you seek God with an open mind, you will find Him. Many Christians have been where you are. I wish you luck.

There is also the fact that Genesis states that the evening and the morning were the first day.
What is the significance of the evening and the morning?

The evening is the end of one day, the morning is the beginning of another.

The first day was the end of an old age and the beginning of a new one once the light was spoken into existence, divided the darkness, and created the distinction between heaven and earth, a world above and the world below.

Last edited:
Jesus didn't call Peter satan. He was referring to satan, because satan is behind all that is not good.
Satan, the talking serpent, is a figurative depiction of a human archetype.

There is no such thing as an invisible disembodied entity that tries to live in peoples heads to make them do bad things to piss off God..

If you or anyone has evil thoughts they were either put there by another person or all your own. If they were put there by another person it was probably to take advantage of you in some way without a single thought about pissing off God in their mind.

Then he has you, lock, stock and barrel.

No, there is no trace of Satan in me...

If there was I would be freaking out about the end of the world like you.

All that know the true God and his son, knows100%--the teachings of Jesus prove the JW teachers are correct, It is a very sad reality= Few know what Jesus taught
In EVERY church on earth the teachers are paid to teach that religions brand of dogmas, very little of what Jesus taught.

I am not freaking out about it, The bible says the coming of Gods kingdom is good news. Those living in fear are the ones who do not think so.

You do not even know what Jesus taught if you believe that the world is about to be destroyed literally and then recreated according to your anal delusions while professing to believe that he already returned last century and only 144000 JW's noticed as if wars instead of peace and your aberrant behavior instead of sanity were proof of it.

Looks like Satan, I mean, whoever filled your head with all of that trash, has you lock stock and barrel.

We don't believe what you wrote.
144,000 go to heaven-Rev 14:3
The great multitude will be brought through Har-mageddon on the earth( Prov 2:21-22, Matt 24:22)-----
Jesus promised the EARTH to the great multitude-Matt 5:5)--The psalmist knew that truth as well-Psalm 37:9-11,29

That's the problem with the Catholic church. A Christian church should follow Scripture.

Mark 7:13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that."

Matthew 15:1-9 1Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2"Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don't wash their hands before they eat!" 3Jesus replied, "And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4For God said, 'Honor your father and mother' and 'Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.' 5But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is 'devoted to God,' 6they are not to 'honor their father or mother' with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: 8"'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. 9They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.'"

human rules= cross, statues, icons, graven images in the churches and homes. None mentioned in the bible to use. Easter-Christmas--not in the bible.

How smart is that?
So you believe that about 6000 years ago GOD showed up and plunked Adam and Eve down into a beautiful garden. You are in serious need of mental help pal.

The only other alternative offered is that a big bang occurred--Where trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of atoms shot out in utter confusion yet all landed perfectly to make all of creation= not in a gazillion years.
No, just 13.8 billions years it took.

told to you by the men who misuse science to the core. They have polluted, the air, land, water, food. huge hole in the ozone layer causing havoc weather all over the earth. Many suffering because of it. 20 trillion in debt--The men who think they are intelligent are leading all of us into a deep pit. Gods kingdom is mankinds only remaining hope.

How smart is that?

Look, everyone of you biblers has a different interpretation of it, I've seen you guys arguing about different meanings... Like seriously, how do you know that your interpretation is the right one? Where's the beef?

yes 34,000 religions claiming to be Christian--one is-1Cor 1:10)-- The teachings of Jesus prove who is who.

Learn what Jesus actually taught, apply what Jesus actually taught. Then you can see.

human rules= cross, statues, icons, graven images in the churches and homes. None mentioned in the bible to use. Easter-Christmas--not in the bible.
Well, the cross is mentioned.

Learn what Jesus actually taught, apply what Jesus actually taught. Then you can see.
You're a Jehovah's Witness, huh.
What Does the Bible Say About Cross?

Well, the cross is mentioned.

In Catholicism translating of the Greek word stauros. Years ago I looked up stauros--an upright pole or stake. Now I see they have added cross. Jesus who represents-Love,peace, unity--would not have a torture death device as the front of his religion.

Every protestant bible was translated from Catholicism translating. No originals remained when the protestants translated. Altered(removal of Gods personal name. And errors to fit false council teachings. Those translations teach 2 different gods because of the errors. Paul explains who God is at 1 Corinthians 8:6-- One God to all the Father.

Every protestant bible was translated from Catholicism translating. No originals remained when the protestants translated. Altered(removal of Gods personal name. And errors to fit false council teachings. Those translations teach 2 different gods because of the errors. Paul explains who God is at 1 Corinthians 8:6-- One God to all the Father.
You're a Jehovah's Witness. Right?

Satan, the talking serpent, is a figurative depiction of a human archetype.

There is no such thing as an invisible disembodied entity that tries to live in peoples heads to make them do bad things to piss off God..

If you or anyone has evil thoughts they were either put there by another person or all your own. If they were put there by another person it was probably to take advantage of you in some way without a single thought about pissing off God in their mind.

Then he has you, lock, stock and barrel.

No, there is no trace of Satan in me...

If there was I would be freaking out about the end of the world like you.

All that know the true God and his son, knows100%--the teachings of Jesus prove the JW teachers are correct, It is a very sad reality= Few know what Jesus taught
In EVERY church on earth the teachers are paid to teach that religions brand of dogmas, very little of what Jesus taught.

I am not freaking out about it, The bible says the coming of Gods kingdom is good news. Those living in fear are the ones who do not think so.

You do not even know what Jesus taught if you believe that the world is about to be destroyed literally and then recreated according to your anal delusions while professing to believe that he already returned last century and only 144000 JW's noticed as if wars instead of peace and your aberrant behavior instead of sanity were proof of it.

Looks like Satan, I mean, whoever filled your head with all of that trash, has you lock stock and barrel.

We don't believe what you wrote.
144,000 go to heaven-Rev 14:3
The great multitude will be brought through Har-mageddon on the earth( Prov 2:21-22, Matt 24:22)-----
Jesus promised the EARTH to the great multitude-Matt 5:5)--The psalmist knew that truth as well-Psalm 37:9-11,29

Ugh...lol... Ok, so where are these 144,000 JW virgins and what is the new song that they learn to sing? Do you even know what that means? And if they go wherever the lamb goes, where are they now? Not in kingdom hall. I looked. Not a virgin in sight.

Not for nothing but you really sound hysterical.

You guys should stick to dropping off pamphlets. And enough with the door to door already. You might have better luck winning over converts if you never said anything...

That dead fish look in your eyes, irrational blubbering, and toothy smile is a dead give away.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back