What was a reason for God to sacrifice His Son?

PS----scribe is STILL A PROFESSION------for the sake of your education ask
somebody WAT DA HELL IS A SOFER

Where is that prophesied in Scripture? It says in the book of Revelation chapter one that when Jesus returns "every eye will see Him". The Watchtower is a liar.

Read rev 6--Did not the whole earth witness these events?1914-) Few saw it because Few know Gods truth.
You have to know Jesus to know the truth, not the Watchtower. Jesus said "I am the way, the TRUTH, and the life. Jesus is the truth, not the Watchtower.

Then you would know that Jesus promised to appoint his teachers here in these last days. Matt 24:45) and when he speaks to 7 congregations in Revelation, all know he is with--one religion( 1Cor 1:10)--- I have studied him carefully, his teachings point to the JW teachers being correct. FEW actually know what Jesus taught in the correct way.
How else can one single religion have unity of thought unless they receive the same spiritual feedings weekly -worldwide? The watchtower is a great way to do that. Scriptures in every paragraph backing what they teach.
Read this.
Jehovah’s Witnesses: The Religion that Lies to 8 Million People

I don't need to read it--I studied all sides and some history--But the #1 truth--The teachings of Jesus point to the JW teachers--Here are 6 important ones

1) Matt 6:33-- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom, and his ( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added to you( sustenance, covering, spirituality)Matt 6)

2) Matt 5:5-- Happy are the meek for they will inherit the EARTH. Who is this to--The little flock-Or the great multitude?

3)Lords prayer--Hallowed be thy( Father) name-YHWH(Jehovah)--Last line--kingdom, power and glory all belong to the FATHER.

4) Jesus teaches he has a God--John 20:17, Rev 3:12--As do his real teachers--2Cor 1:3, 1Cor 15:24-28) 1Cor 8:6--- 1Peter 1:3-- Rev 1:6

5) In prayer to his Father at John 17:1-6,26-- Jesus teaches--The one who sent him=FATHER(John 5:30) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD. And one must know him and know Jesus to get eternal life--Verse 6= YHWH(Jehovah) 26= YHWH(Jehovah)

6) Making this the bottom line reality of a true followers daily life= John 4:22-24= The Father-YHWH(Jehovah)

It takes believing Jesus.
Yes, you really need to read it. You're being lied to by a very deceptive cult. I studied their materials and they're liars. They predicted Armageddon in 1975 and it never happened. The Bible says in Deuteronomy that if a prophet is wrong one time, then they're a false prophet. They've been wrong many times.

Herod was not Israelite. John the baptizer condemned Herod and his brothers wife to their face for being adulterers. Herod was king, put in place by the romans.

well -----you got that one right-----John was a PHARISEE like Jesus----
the people that the ROMAN SHILLS like Herod disliked. The roman shills
liked the sadducees a LOT BETTER because the romans liked them and
they did not resist the filth of the "holy roman empire". For the record---
the sadducees WERE Israelites--------but traitors sorta

The Scribes, Pharisee, and Saducees were all Israelite. Saul was a Pharisee-He became Paul when Jesus appointed him. He left the Israelite religion, but did try to help them.

I did not ask "who were Israelite" I asked "who were the spiritural leaders" and more specifically who were the "spiritural leaders who wanted
to kill Jesus" ? Saul was the son of greek parents to the religion of the Israelites and he ascribed to himself the term "Pharisee" in the NT

Yes it was usually the Pharisees speaking to Jesus==The Scribes, Pharisees and Saducees were the spiritual leaders of the religion. In a few instances in the NT it says they tried to Grab Jesus but he got away because it was not time.

wrong-----the scribes were people who did the writing---kept records and
drew up contracts. It is a kind of profession. The Pharisees were the
adherents of a particular form of Judaism which is considered scholarly.---
and includes some specific philosophical beliefs related to issues like
eternity and hereafter--etc. The Sadducees were people who adhered to a
specific OTHER set of beliefs regarding these issus and VERY IMPORTANTLY were far more accepting of ROMAN FORMS ---or simply
roman rule than were the Pharisees. The romans hated the Pharisees and
crucified tens of thousands of them Caiaphas---the evil high priest was a
Sadducee-----and roman APPOINTEE----really despised by the pharisees

Yes you are correct, I was wrong about the scribes. I am always happy to learn a truth. Thank you.

Read rev 6--Did not the whole earth witness these events?1914-) Few saw it because Few know Gods truth.
You have to know Jesus to know the truth, not the Watchtower. Jesus said "I am the way, the TRUTH, and the life. Jesus is the truth, not the Watchtower.

Then you would know that Jesus promised to appoint his teachers here in these last days. Matt 24:45) and when he speaks to 7 congregations in Revelation, all know he is with--one religion( 1Cor 1:10)--- I have studied him carefully, his teachings point to the JW teachers being correct. FEW actually know what Jesus taught in the correct way.
How else can one single religion have unity of thought unless they receive the same spiritual feedings weekly -worldwide? The watchtower is a great way to do that. Scriptures in every paragraph backing what they teach.
Read this.

I don't need to read it--I studied all sides and some history--But the #1 truth--The teachings of Jesus point to the JW teachers--Here are 6 important ones

1) Matt 6:33-- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom, and his ( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added to you( sustenance, covering, spirituality)Matt 6)

2) Matt 5:5-- Happy are the meek for they will inherit the EARTH. Who is this to--The little flock-Or the great multitude?

3)Lords prayer--Hallowed be thy( Father) name-YHWH(Jehovah)--Last line--kingdom, power and glory all belong to the FATHER.

4) Jesus teaches he has a God--John 20:17, Rev 3:12--As do his real teachers--2Cor 1:3, 1Cor 15:24-28) 1Cor 8:6--- 1Peter 1:3-- Rev 1:6

5) In prayer to his Father at John 17:1-6,26-- Jesus teaches--The one who sent him=FATHER(John 5:30) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD. And one must know him and know Jesus to get eternal life--Verse 6= YHWH(Jehovah) 26= YHWH(Jehovah)

6) Making this the bottom line reality of a true followers daily life= John 4:22-24= The Father-YHWH(Jehovah)

Yes, you really need to read it. You're being lied to by a very deceptive cult. I studied their materials and they're liars. They predicted Armageddon in 1975 and it never happened. The Bible says in Deuteronomy that if a prophet is wrong one time, then they're a false prophet. They've been wrong many times.

yeah----it happened-----sorry you missed it-----it was a blast-----good movie too

Then you would know that Jesus promised to appoint his teachers here in these last days. Matt 24:45) and when he speaks to 7 congregations in Revelation, all know he is with--one religion( 1Cor 1:10)
The Watchtower has lied many times. They claimed Jesus was Michael the Arcangel, then for a while claimed he wasn't, then He was. They claimed Jesus would return in 1914. He didn't, so they claim He returned "spiritually". That isn't in the bible. You're listening to false prophets, and Jesus said there would be false prophets.

Jesus is Michael--There is much proof in the bible. Rev 6 occurred in 1914--the whole world saw it, yet couldn't see it because they are blind. Was not peace taken from the earth, after ww1, Millions upon millions died from the from the filth of the slaughters, diseases, starvation, etc-the other 3 riders-The first -rider=Michael-the war in heaven, cast satan and his angels to the earth. But notice-he receives his crown--Only Jesus gets the crown-- 1Thess 4:16--Upon his return, comes with the voice of the archangel. Daniel 12:1--Michael stands up here in these last days. Michael as a spirit, Jesus as a mortal.
You're believing a lie. They twist scripture. They predicted Armageddon in 1975.
Proof that Watchtower Definitely Predicted Armageddon in 1975

I was there--They hinted, they did not say it direct. It was said at a convention by one brother and it spread. Most assumed it would come, but that was 1974--Its 2018. Havent you wanted forgiveness from God for things you did in your unthinking youth? They repented of that as well. God forgives if one makes correction or repents and requires us to do the same and not hold ones past against them if they have corrected or repented.
It's a lie. It's false prophecy. They claim to be God's prophet. A prophet of God doesn't make mistakes.

Read this.

yeah----it happened-----sorry you missed it-----it was a blast-----good movie too
Koo koo. Koo koo.

well -----you got that one right-----John was a PHARISEE like Jesus----
the people that the ROMAN SHILLS like Herod disliked. The roman shills
liked the sadducees a LOT BETTER because the romans liked them and
they did not resist the filth of the "holy roman empire". For the record---
the sadducees WERE Israelites--------but traitors sorta

The Scribes, Pharisee, and Saducees were all Israelite. Saul was a Pharisee-He became Paul when Jesus appointed him. He left the Israelite religion, but did try to help them.

I did not ask "who were Israelite" I asked "who were the spiritural leaders" and more specifically who were the "spiritural leaders who wanted
to kill Jesus" ? Saul was the son of greek parents to the religion of the Israelites and he ascribed to himself the term "Pharisee" in the NT

Yes it was usually the Pharisees speaking to Jesus==The Scribes, Pharisees and Saducees were the spiritual leaders of the religion. In a few instances in the NT it says they tried to Grab Jesus but he got away because it was not time.

specific OTHER set of beliefs regarding these issus and VERY IMPORTANTLY were far more accepting of ROMAN FORMS ---or simply

Yes you are correct, I was wrong about the scribes. I am always happy to learn a truth. Thank you.
I know the names of the men who translated the NWT. Do you?

does this knowledge help you in games of trivial pursuit?

Why are you trolling me?

Why are you trolling me?

I am not------I do not pay much attention to the name of the poster I answer-----I answer the post

Why are you trolling me?

I am not------I do not pay much attention to the name of the poster I answer-----I answer the post
I'm talking with kjw47.

Why are you trolling me?

I'm talking with kjw47.

oh ---good

Why are you trolling me?

I'm talking with kjw47.

oh ---good
You're a koo koo bird.

As far as I am aware, according to Christian beliefs after Adam's fall all humanity became sinful and doomed to perdition. Then Son of God was sent by Father to save mankind and give eternal live for those believing in Him.

‌Why was all this needed? Why didnt God simply send a prophet with instructions how people can save themselves? Why did God have a need to make sacrifice for himself?

Substitute Noah's flood, or Job, or Jesus "sacrifice" or all those other examples ...Well, seems like a good question. Why can't a GOD that created the universe just have made everything flawless? Seems like this is a pretty big boo-boo. Or perhaps everything is just random meaningless chance and we infer it's meaning?

As far as I am aware, according to Christian beliefs after Adam's fall all humanity became sinful and doomed to perdition. Then Son of God was sent by Father to save mankind and give eternal live for those believing in Him.

‌Why was all this needed? Why didnt God simply send a prophet with instructions how people can save themselves? Why did God have a need to make sacrifice for himself?

Substitute Noah's flood, or Job, or Jesus "sacrifice" or all those other examples ...Well, seems like a good question. Why can't a GOD that created the universe just have made everything flawless? Seems like this is a pretty big boo-boo. Or perhaps everything is just random meaningless chance and we infer it's meaning?
Perhaps there is a reason for everything. If we had all the answers we wouldn't need God or faith in God. All I know is my life is better and richer since I put Jesus as Lord of my life.

Perhaps there is a reason for everything. If we had all the answers we wouldn't need God or faith in God. All I know is my life is better and richer since I put Jesus as Lord of my life.
Well, OK, good. So let's go back to the heart of the question: WHY did a perfect GOD create a imperfect world in which brings about so much needless pain and suffering? It seems more like rationalizing to excuse a fictitious god and arbitrary religion, just so we can avoid the obvious chaotic nature of the universe.

What do all that have to do with Christ?
It had to do with your dismissal of traditions and rituals. If not for traditions and rituals our heritage would be lost.
Actually I dont dismiss traditions and rituals, but you mainstream Christians have adopted the traditions that dont belong to the true Christianity.
And what do you mean by saying 'our heritage'? Whose heritage?
Christian heritage.

Who are you to say which traditions and rituals are and are not Christian traditions and rituals? The authority on that is the Catholic Church. Scriptures are only a part of the Christian heritage. An even larger portion of our heritage is contained in Tradition with a capital "T." Which is the knowledge that was passed down orally.

Catechism of the Catholic Church - The Transmission of Divine Revelation

II. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TRADITION AND SACRED SCRIPTURE

One common source. . .

80 "Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture, then, are bound closely together, and communicate one with the other. For both of them, flowing out from the same divine well-spring, come together in some fashion to form one thing, and move towards the same goal."40 Each of them makes present and fruitful in the Church the mystery of Christ, who promised to remain with his own "always, to the close of the age".41

. . . two distinct modes of transmission

81 "Sacred Scripture is the speech of God as it is put down in writing under the breath of the Holy Spirit."42

"And [Holy] Tradition transmits in its entirety the Word of God which has been entrusted to the apostles by Christ the Lord and the Holy Spirit. It transmits it to the successors of the apostles so that, enlightened by the Spirit of truth, they may faithfully preserve, expound and spread it abroad by their preaching."43

82 As a result the Church, to whom the transmission and interpretation of Revelation is entrusted, "does not derive her certainty about all revealed truths from the holy Scriptures alone. Both Scripture and Tradition must be accepted and honored with equal sentiments of devotion and reverence."44

Apostolic Tradition and ecclesial traditions

83 The Tradition here in question comes from the apostles and hands on what they received from Jesus' teaching and example and what they learned from the Holy Spirit. The first generation of Christians did not yet have a written New Testament, and the New Testament itself demonstrates the process of living Tradition.

Tradition is to be distinguished from the various theological, disciplinary, liturgical or devotional traditions, born in the local churches over time. These are the particular forms, adapted to different places and times, in which the great Tradition is expressed. In the light of Tradition, these traditions can be retained, modified or even abandoned under the guidance of the Church's Magisterium.

III. THE INTERPRETATION OF THE HERITAGE OF FAITH

The heritage of faith entrusted to the whole of the Church

84 The apostles entrusted the "Sacred deposit" of the faith (the depositum fidei),45 contained in Sacred Scripture and Tradition, to the whole of the Church. "By adhering to [this heritage] the entire holy people, united to its pastors, remains always faithful to the teaching of the apostles, to the brotherhood, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. So, in maintaining, practicing and professing the faith that has been handed on, there should be a remarkable harmony between the bishops and the faithful."46

The Magisterium of the Church

85 "The task of giving an authentic interpretation of the Word of God, whether in its written form or in the form of Tradition, has been entrusted to the living teaching office of the Church alone. Its authority in this matter is exercised in the name of Jesus Christ."47 This means that the task of interpretation has been entrusted to the bishops in communion with the successor of Peter, the Bishop of Rome.

86 "Yet this Magisterium is not superior to the Word of God, but is its servant. It teaches only what has been handed on to it. At the divine command and with the help of the Holy Spirit, it listens to this devotedly, guards it with dedication and expounds it faithfully. All that it proposes for belief as being divinely revealed is drawn from this single deposit of faith."48

87 Mindful of Christ's words to his apostles: "He who hears you, hears me",49 the faithful receive with docility the teachings and directives that their pastors give them in different forms.

The dogmas of the faith

88 The Church's Magisterium exercises the authority it holds from Christ to the fullest extent when it defines dogmas, that is, when it proposes, in a form obliging the Christian people to an irrevocable adherence of faith, truths contained in divine Revelation or also when it proposes, in a definitive way, truths having a necessary connection with these.

89 There is an organic connection between our spiritual life and the dogmas. Dogmas are lights along the path of faith; they illuminate it and make it secure. Conversely, if our life is upright, our intellect and heart will be open to welcome the light shed by the dogmas of faith.50

90 The mutual connections between dogmas, and their coherence, can be found in the whole of the Revelation of the mystery of Christ.51 "In Catholic doctrine there exists an order or hierarchy of truths, since they vary in their relation to the foundation of the Christian faith."52

The supernatural sense of faith

91 All the faithful share in understanding and handing on revealed truth. They have received the anointing of the Holy Spirit, who instructs them53 and guides them into all truth.54

92 "The whole body of the faithful. . . cannot err in matters of belief. This characteristic is shown in the supernatural appreciation of faith (sensus fidei) on the part of the whole people, when, from the bishops to the last of the faithful, they manifest a universal consent in matters of faith and morals."55

93 "By this appreciation of the faith, aroused and sustained by the Spirit of truth, the People of God, guided by the sacred teaching authority (Magisterium),. . . receives. . . the faith, once for all delivered to the saints. . . The People unfailingly adheres to this faith, penetrates it more deeply with right judgment, and applies it more fully in daily life."56

Growth in understanding the faith

94 Thanks to the assistance of the Holy Spirit, the understanding of both the realities and the words of the heritage of faith is able to grow in the life of the Church:

- "through the contemplation and study of believers who ponder these things in their hearts";57 it is in particular "theological research [which] deepens knowledge of revealed truth".58

- "from the intimate sense of spiritual realities which [believers] experience",59 the sacred Scriptures "grow with the one who reads them."60

- "from the preaching of those who have received, along with their right of succession in the episcopate, the sure charism of truth".61

95 "It is clear therefore that, in the supremely wise arrangement of God, sacred Tradition, Sacred Scripture and the Magisterium of the Church are so connected and associated that one of them cannot stand without the others. Working together, each in its own way, under the action of the one Holy Spirit, they all contribute effectively to the salvation of souls."62

IN BRIEF

96 What Christ entrusted to the apostles, they in turn handed on by their preaching and writing, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, to all generations, until Christ returns in glory.

97 "Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture make up a single sacred deposit of the Word of God" (DV 10) in which, as in a mirror, the pilgrim Church contemplates God, the source of all her riches.

98 "The Church, in her doctrine, life and worship, perpetuates and transmits to every generation all that she herself is, all that she believes" (DV 8 § 1).

99 Thanks to its supernatural sense of faith, the People of God as a whole never ceases to welcome, to penetrate more deeply and to live more fully from the gift of divine Revelation.

100 The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically has been entrusted solely to the Magisterium of the Church, that is, to the Pope and to the bishops in communion with him.
Brah, that's a LOT of bullshit, even for you. :highfive:
If nothing else you have a new ally in ESay, amirite?
So you think that Jesus is coming back. You’re even nuttier than I thought.

Well, OK, good. So let's go back to the heart of the question: WHY did a perfect GOD create a imperfect world in which brings about so much needless pain and suffering? It seems more like rationalizing to excuse a fictitious god and arbitrary religion, just so we can avoid the obvious chaotic nature of the universe.
God did create a perfect world. God created man perfect and told him to eat from any tree including the tree of life, but not from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Man was created with free will. Man chose to disobey and ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil first.

God did create a perfect world. God created man perfect and told him to eat from any tree including the tree of life, but not from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Man was created with free will. Man chose to disobey and ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil first.
That story was made up.

Forum List

Back