What was Black Wall Street?

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
What happened to Black Wall Street on June 1, 1921? | San Francisco Bay View

Black Wall Street, the name fittingly given to one of the most affluent all-Black communities in America, was bombed from the air and burned to the ground by mobs of envious Whites. In a period spanning fewer than 12 hours, a once thriving Black business district in northern Tulsa lay smoldering – a model community destroyed and a major African-American economic movement resoundingly defused.

The night’s carnage left some 3,000 African Americans dead and over 600 successful businesses lost. Among these were 21 churches, 21 restaurants, 30 grocery stores and two movie theaters, plus a hospital, a bank, a post office, libraries, schools, law offices, a half dozen private airplanes and even a bus system. As could have been expected, the impetus behind it all was the infamous Ku Klux Klan, working in consort with ranking city officials and many other sympathizers.

Black America’s most prosperous community, Black Wall Street in Tulsa, Oklahoma, went up in flames June 1, 1921, in the KKK-led Tulsa Race Riot. According to Wikipedia, “During the 16 hours of the assault, over 800 people were admitted to local hospitals with injuries, an estimated 10,000 were left homeless, and 35 city blocks composed of 1,256 residences were destroyed by fire caused by bombing.”
The best description of Black Wall Street, or Little Africa as it was also known, would be to compare it to a mini Beverly Hills. It was the golden door of the Black community during the early 1900s, and it proved that African Americans could create a successful infrastructure. That’s what Black Wall Street was all about.

Tulsa-Race-Riot-Black-Wall-Street-on-fire-060121.jpg

Tulsa-Race-Riot-Greenwood-destroyed-060121.jpg

The history section is down below. Or is this an attempt for black people to bask in the reminder of a day when discrimination was rampant in an attempt to gain sympathy for modern times and an excuse for why the black people of today have the highest propensity for poverty/crime?

The history section is down below. Or is this an attempt for black people to bask in the reminder of a day when discrimination was rampant in an attempt to gain sympathy for modern times and an excuse for why the black people of today have the highest propensity for poverty/crime?

Why would burning down an entire town and murdering everyone create sympathy?

I was questioning your motive for posting it. I am right? Am I not? Go ahead, explain it to me. Why did you post the above? Are you afraid that whitey is going to burn your house down?

Last edited:

I was questioning your motive for posting it. I am right? Am I not? Go ahead, explain it to me. Why did you post the above? Are you afraid that whitey is going to burn your house down?

Questioning ones motive is what someone does when they don't want to deal with the facts. Motives are easy to make up. And so are silly off topic questions

Yes,

PostBellum American history is resplendent with examples of Black businesses and businessmen and women getting destroyed in their infancy because they were UPPITY and didn't know their place.

Blacks should bring it back and make it more sucessful then 1921.whites will lose their minds trying to destroy it this time around.whites have always been jealous of the gains that Black people have made.All they can do is bring back crime and slavery.Say whitey thats old news get over it will ya.Mainly Black people dont think about that BS any more,you people are the only ones bringing it up.

The KKK, strong arm of the democratic party.

Party of Lyndon "I'll have those ******* voting democrat for the next 200 years" Johnson.

And he was right.

Last edited:
Blacks should bring it back and make it more sucessful then 1921.whites will lose their minds trying to destroy it this time around.whites have always been jealous of the gains that Black people have made.All they can do is bring back crime and slavery.Say whitey thats old news get over it will ya.Mainly Black people dont think about that BS any more,you people are the only ones bringing it up.

Actually, I wasn't around in 1921 and although I had heard about the OP, I never gave it another thought. On that note, we shouldn't expect to be hearing you talk about how you are owed anything for things that happened before you were alive either. I'm glad we cleared that up.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-badlands/285713-blacks-should-just-get-over-it.html

ps who is constantly referring to slavery on this board and in public?

the tea party?

Last edited:

Actually, I wasn't around in 1921 and although I had heard about the OP, I never gave it another thought. On that note, we shouldn't expect to be hearing you talk about how you are owed anything for things that happened before you were alive either. I'm glad we cleared that up.

When was it then?

Oh whitey there's a lil yellow boy who's going to be killing your sons and daughters over seas soon.His act is going to be catching you azzholes asleep again just like at pearl harbor. Dont be looking for any Black enlistment either.

Questioning ones motive is what someone does when they don't want to deal with the facts. Motives are easy to make up. And so are silly off topic questions

Then make one up for all I care. No one raised a question of fact now did they? Off topic? Motives are always on topic. Nevertheless, you still havent answered my question, which speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Oh whitey there's a lil yellow boy who's going to be killing your sons and daughters over seas soon.His act is going to be catching you azzholes asleep again just like at pearl harbor. Dont be looking for any Black enlistment either.

with all the white people gone how are you going to live without our largesse?

You taking his saber rattling seriously says all I need to know about you.

Then make one up for all I care. No one raised a question of fact now did they? Off topic? Motives are always on topic. Nevertheless, you still havent answered my question, which speaks for itself.

You already did make up a motive. See facts cant be made into whatever you want them to be but motives...Motives can be changed, made up, untrue etc. That's why its the easy.

Your questions aren't questions theyre rhetorical. You know the answer. I suspect your motive (see what I did there) is to troll not for any serious conversations

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-badlands/285713-blacks-should-just-get-over-it.html

ps who is constantly referring to slavery on this board and in public?

On this board? You and a few others who habitually use it as a platform to claim that blacks "blame you". In public? Not brought up anymore frequently than the Holocaust is.

the tea party?

The "Tea Party" is irrelevant these days. Hardly ever in the news anymore.

You already did make up a motive. See facts cant be made into whatever you want them to be but motives...Motives can be changed, made up, untrue etc. That's why its the easy.

Your questions aren't questions theyre rhetorical. You know the answer. I suspect your motive (see what I did there) is to troll not for any serious conversations

let the record show, no answer.

LOL...Did you ask a question that I didn't answer?

LOL...Did you ask a question that I didn't answer?

Please allow me to help you. In the English language, we have these things called question marks. They look like this (?). If you see one, a question has been asked. Furthermore, running away from the question is not the same as answering it. So what is the purpose for the OP?
http://www.usmessageboard.com/7039693-post2.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/7039802-post4.html

Forum List

Back