🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 What was the point of asking for the sacrifice of Isaac by his Father? Gen. 22

Lucky for mankind Abraham did it the way he did. It would be a totally different world if he had done differently.

that was meant to be fulfilled ...

Take your son to the land of Moriah and kill your son there as a sacrifice for me. This must be Isaac, your only son, the one you love. Use him ...

just like moses, abraham betrayed the heavens, humanity and killed a lamb instead ...

oh, and how would be the difference - paterfamilias as a crime than the self worship of the desert religions.

3 So, after Abram chad lived ten years in the land of Canaan, Sarai, Abram’s wife, took Hagar the Egyptian, her servant, and gave her to Abram her husband as a wife.

Hard to prove personal truth, best just to render an opinion.
Yes truth is independent in the sphere in which God has placed it. It is not dependent upon man's personal thoughts. The world is filled with mankind's varying opinions and beliefs but there is only one truth. Truth is a knowledge of things as they truly are, were, and are to come.

that was meant to be fulfilled ...

just like moses, abraham betrayed the heavens, humanity and killed a lamb instead ...

oh, and how would be the difference - paterfamilias as a crime than the self worship of the desert religions.
He did not defy God. God had Abraham stop before he killed his son. Why do you think you get to spew revisionist history?

You're twisting scripture. Abraham, led by Sara, tried to fulfill God's promise in their own way. Bastard Ishmael was not rewarded as the first born.

Imagine if they actually TRUSTED God and waited. Thousands of years of violence could have been avoided if they only had FAITH in God's promise
Gen 16:3 And Sarai Abram’s wife took Hagar her maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his WIFE.

It’s called polygamy. And, it was approved of God.

Gen 16:3 And Sarai Abram’s wife took Hagar her maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his WIFE.

It’s called polygamy. And, it was approved of God.
Only a Mormon thinks like this. Sara gave Hagar "as a 'wife'" NOT GOD. This plan was hatched OUTSIDE of God's promise.

Here's what JESUS says about Marriage

For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will live with his wife. The two will become one.’ 6 So they are no longer two but one. Let no man divide what God has put together.”

Abraham SINNED in this. Your cults teachings cloud your understanding

He did not defy God. God had Abraham stop before he killed his son. Why do you think you get to spew revisionist history?

yes they did - they took a life in defiance of the heavens, the crucifiers wrote the desert documents from their point of view -

1694337322145.png

cougarbear.

those documents are littered with forgeries and fallacies on nearly every page. the quote is authentic. the truth is not told.

Only a Mormon thinks like this. Sara gave Hagar "as a 'wife'" NOT GOD. This plan was hatched OUTSIDE of God's promise.

Here's what JESUS says about Marriage

For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will live with his wife. The two will become one.’ 6 So they are no longer two but one. Let no man divide what God has put together.”

Abraham SINNED in this. Your cults teachings cloud your understanding
She was inspired of God. And, in those days, polygamy was approved of God. It is today as well. But, we also sustain the law of the land as well. That’s why polygamy isn’t practiced anymore. However, stay tuned as you can marry people of the same sex, transgenders, horses and plants. No reason someone won’t challenge in court polygamy.

yes they did - they took a life in defiance of the heavens, the crucifiers wrote the desert documents from their point of view -

View attachment 827391
cougarbear.

those documents are littered with forgeries and fallacies on nearly every page. the quote is authentic. the truth is not told.
Really? Forged from what? Your twisted mind?

Please try to do a little research before challenging anyone else's arguments:

Thanks!
Well, that was pointless. Thank you. Try to actually respond to the question correctly. While the wicked nations did kill children as Egypt did and as Herod did, that doesn't mean Abraham and the righteous did. So, to Abraham, he could not understand why God the Father was asking this of him. And, as I've pointed out, it was because this was a similitude of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ that would come through the genealogical lines of Abraham. So, for this to be so, God wanted Abraham to fully understand his calling as the father of the body of Christ.

So, you are saying this was a similitude of the sacrifice of the only begotten of the Father in the flesh, Jehovah or Jesus Christ. How would the world be different if Abraham wasn't asked to do this? And, why did he say Isaac was his only son?
I have an "ONLY SON" I think the phrase is "ben yachid" (don't quote me) --that means
that I, the mother of that child, has no other children. If my hubby goes off and has another kid, my son is still a "ben yachid" Always remember, when you read the bible,
you are reading a translation. Only the golden plates of moroni are in english ???

I have an "ONLY SON" I think the phrase is "ben yachid" (don't quote me) --that means
that I, the mother of that child, has no other children. If my hubby goes off and has another kid, my son is still a "ben yachid" Always remember, when you read the bible,
you are reading a translation. Only the golden plates of moroni are in english ???
The Book of Mormon has been translated into many languages around the world including Hebrew. The person who did the translation was a professor from Israel who came to America and taught Hebrew for a while at Brigham Young University.

The question is, why did God the Father want Abraham to know what it's like to have your only begotten Son in the flesh sacrifices for an act of atonement? A sacrificial lamb was used for the atoning of sin. So would it be that the lamb of God would be sacrificed for atoning for our sins.

The Book of Mormon has been translated into many languages around the world including Hebrew. The person who did the translation was a professor from Israel who came to America and taught Hebrew for a while at Brigham Young University.

The question is, why did God the Father want Abraham to know what it's like to have your only begotten Son in the flesh sacrifices for an act of atonement? A sacrificial lamb was used for the atoning of sin. So would it be that the lamb of God would be sacrificed for atoning for our sins.
your poor pathetic shoehorn is all worn out. Killing animals is how we obtain animal
protein food. From where did the idea that Abraham was supposed to kill Isaac as
"an act of atonement' manage to climb into your head?

your poor pathetic shoehorn is all worn out. Killing animals is how we obtain animal
protein food. From where did the idea that Abraham was supposed to kill Isaac as
"an act of atonement' manage to climb into your head?
That's what sacrifice was all about. What' wrong with your pathetic understanding?

That's what sacrifice was all about. What' wrong with your pathetic understanding?
my understanding is far from pathetic. You may believe that killing an animal
in religious ritual is confined to being a means for expiation of sin-----NOPE!!!!
Killing animals (or even humans) in religious ritual is ONLY RARELY meant to
be a means of expiation of sins. The practice is UBIQUITOUS in human cultures
but by no means simply or mostly as a means of expiation of sin. Read up on
the issue.

my understanding is far from pathetic. You may believe that killing an animal
in religious ritual is confined to being a means for expiation of sin-----NOPE!!!!
Killing animals (or even humans) in religious ritual is ONLY RARELY meant to
be a means of expiation of sins. The practice is UBIQUITOUS in human cultures
but by no means simply or mostly as a means of expiation of sin. Read up on
the issue.
Not talking about human cultures. Quit trying to change the subject. Israelites did it for atoning for their sins with an unblemished young animal. A similitude of the ultimate and final atoning sacrifice of Father in Heaven’s Son.

Not talking about human cultures.

true, most crucifiers try to avoid the subject -

paterfamilias, where they place themselves above all else giving lip service to the heavens, abraham failed their test and doomed those desert religions from the beginning.

Well, that was pointless. Thank you. Try to actually respond to the question correctly. While the wicked nations did kill children as Egypt did and as Herod did, that doesn't mean Abraham and the righteous did. So, to Abraham, he could not understand why God the Father was asking this of him. And, as I've pointed out, it was because this was a similitude of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ that would come through the genealogical lines of Abraham. So, for this to be so, God wanted Abraham to fully understand his calling as the father of the body of Christ.

The fact that Abraham ever got it in his head that God wanted him to sacrifice his son, shows clearly that child sacrifice was practiced by the early Jews. The great revelation that God suddenly told him not to sacrifice his son was the first time it ever occurred to a Jew that sacrificing his son wasn't such a good idea.

Wasn't it Abraham who decided that God had chosen him and his descendants to the God's 'chosen people'?

My drunk uncle Harry said the same about my family. At least we had the good sense to realize that old Harry was a drunk lunatic.

Joseph Smith's Book of Abraham, which he claimed was written by Abraham himself, repeatedly refers to the land of Chaldea and its inhabitants, the Chaldeans.

Problem is, there was no land of Chaldea or Chaldeans in Abraham's day. They didn't exist until more than a thousand years later.

Joseph Smith obviously made this mistake because he was deriving part of his Abraham story from Genesis 11 which mentions Abraham living in "Ur of the Chaldeans." The reason for this, however, is because the narrative of Abraham in the Bible was written, or at least edited, by later Jewish scribes who were referring to the place as it was known in their day, not in the time of Abraham.

Joseph Smith obviously didn't know this, and, as a result, created an anachronism as bad or worse than any in the Book of Mormon.

Forum List

Back