What we desperately need right now...A Fact based News Channel.

No more Fox News! No more CNN! No more left or right leaning news reports! What the people would respond to is a Walter Cronkite News Anchor without a bias!

There is so much crap on the news and people who are lazy and do not read just parrot the biases of newspeople with a bent.

If I had the money, I would start a network... Real News...Real Facts...No Opinions! I think for those who want the real news, it would be a hit!

What do you think?
I think you are dreaming.

Watch all of them and USE YOUR OWN BRAIN.

Keep in mind, Gramps, that requires more effort than most people are willing to put forth.

As you have to be willing to consider that your side is wrong or not any better than they other side.

You have to be willing to give the benefit of the doubt, set aside the early details, wait for things to play out.

You have to believe that people on both sides of the aisle got into politics for the "right reasons" and not to harm anyone or destroy the constitution. Look at any one event/vote/statement as a product of our own 2 party system-- which the American public has the power to end anytime we want by creating 3rd and 4th National parties with viable candidates and resources.

I wonder if Coke and Pepsi secretly plot together against Royal Crown Cola because they know any gains in market share by a 3rd party cola hurt them both.

Well, for the longest time I was getting most of my news from the BBC, because they seemed to be the least biased.

Now? There is a new channel that showed up on Suddenlink (my cable provider), called N24, and they have news from all over the world. I have only watched it a little bit, but it seems to be fairly balanced.

But my favorite channel to get news from? HBO has a thing called VICE News that comes on at 1830 CST every Monday through Friday except for holidays. And, from what I've seen, they have become my favorite news outlet. They don't tell you what to think, they just report what happened and let you make up your own mind.

You do know your getting your news from a comedy show right?

Bill Maher produces "Vice"

Trump didn't commit adultery.

He did, but no one cares, he didn't run as an Evangelical.

Sure a conservative shithole may forget the 2016 election now, but...

From a Time Article

By KATIE REILLY

October 1, 2016

Donald Trump on Friday criticized Hillary Clinton’s marriage and said he plans to raise the subject at the next presidential debate, aiming to unsettle his Democratic rival.

“Hillary Clinton was married to the single greatest abuser of women in the history of politics,” Trump said Friday in an interview with the New York Times, referring to former President Bill Clinton. “Hillary was an enabler, and she attacked the women who Bill Clinton mistreated afterward. I think it’s a serious problem for them, and it’s something that I’m considering talking about more in the near future.”

Trump has danced around the issue recently, threatening to give Gennifer Flowers—with whom Bill Clinton admitted to having an affair decades ago—a front-row seat at the first presidential debate.

Trump told the Times on Friday that infidelity was “never a problem” in his own three marriages.
Trump’s relationship with his second wife, Marla Maples, began while he was still married to Ivana Trump. He and his current wife, Melania, were married in 2005.

So that statement is true? He ran as better than Hillary Clinton and now has TWO women who say different with one getting 130K....

Last edited:
I agree. I would love to find a news source that is 100% unbiased. Problem is, I don't think it's possible now. We've been in ideological war for so long now and trust is so fractured, that if an unbiased news source ever did pop up, nobody would believe it.

The fake news liberal media would just undermine it with fake news.

When you believe 'all the other guys' are fake or liberal bias, you are willingly giving up your critical thinking abilities, your freedom to think for yourself.

Fox News viewers like the idea of freedom, yet they don't seem to guard it when it comes to their own minds.

Having a critical eye does means seeing that your tribe is not as perfect or clean as you'd like.

What do you think?
Absolutely and amen.

Unfortunately, I don't know if it would survive. The days of reporters simply reporting what happened, providing an objective and comprehensive look at the story, and allowing the viewer to form their own opinion have been gone for quite some time now.

Now that our "journalism" is divided into little pieces, and reporters are operating under an obligation to analyze it themselves, too many viewers will more likely stick with "news" that they agree with.
At the risk of getting slammed....I am going to say NPR does a good job. I learned more about Trump supporters during the election in a way that while I did not agree...I empathized and understood them as real people not caricatures. The ability to present multiple sides of an issue, to go in-depth, and to treat all sides respectfully makes a huge difference imo.

One America News is the best one and that is what I mainly watch.

They are a poor man's Fox.

They don't have the resources to produce the same quality (production-wise) of shows as Fox, and they basically just copy the narrative in terms pro-trump, playing down special counsel etc.

They are not very well connected with sources and affiliates so they often just punt and follow fox A, B, C block each hour. I think their writers sometimes just turn on Fox with closed caption and type away...as the spin or narrative they put on stories is usually identical to Fox (e.g. how do we discredit Mueller this week, let's see what Fox is doing)

Equating Rachel Maddow to sean hannity is truth malpractice.

They are actually good friends.

So, good that Rachel knows Sean can't talk about it because she's a lesbian and that would hurt him--and she's ok with that.

The fake news liberal media would just undermine it with fake news.

When you believe 'all the other guys' are fake or liberal bias, you are willingly giving up your critical thinking abilities, your freedom to think for yourself.

Fox News viewers like the idea of freedom, yet they don't seem to guard it when it comes to their own minds.

Having a critical eye does means seeing that your tribe is not as perfect or clean as you'd like.

Lib please, the liberal media LIES out their big fat lying filthy mouths on a daily basis you scumbags are not fooling anyone. :eusa_hand:

No more Fox News! No more CNN! No more left or right leaning news reports! What the people would respond to is a Walter Cronkite News Anchor without a bias!

There is so much crap on the news and people who are lazy and do not read just parrot the biases of newspeople with a bent.

If I had the money, I would start a network... Real News...Real Facts...No Opinions! I think for those who want the real news, it would be a hit!

What do you think?
Cspan. do try to stay awake during it.
They already have one. Am I talking to myself here?

Forum List

Back