What were two Republicans thinking, calling Obama 'tar baby' and 'boy'?

What were two Republicans thinking, calling Obama 'tar baby' and 'boy'? - CSMonitor.com

The specter of two national Republican figures apologizing for calling President Obama, the first African-American president, alternately a "tar baby" and "boy" gave new fuel to speculation on the left that underneath much of the criticism of the president and his policies lurks the shadow of racism.

---------------------------------------

Speculation? Really?

At least the story comes from the very right wing "Christian Science Monitor". The same people who honestly reported:

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

I thought Song of the South was one of the most wonderful tributes to the blacks of America when I was growing up. Does this mean we can't enjoy these wonderful clips anymore? :(

[ame=http://youtu.be/eoEojphw7kk]Song of the South Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah 1946 - YouTube[/ame]

I know. Me too. I'm going to put on My Cousin Vinny. I am a racist too. Just by putting it on.

I'm sick of them and they can honestly go ...............themselves.

What were two Republicans thinking, calling Obama 'tar baby' and 'boy'? - CSMonitor.com

The specter of two national Republican figures apologizing for calling President Obama, the first African-American president, alternately a "tar baby" and "boy" gave new fuel to speculation on the left that underneath much of the criticism of the president and his policies lurks the shadow of racism.

Speculation? Really?

At least the story comes from the very right wing "Christian Science Monitor". The same people who honestly reported:

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Your title is a flat out LIE. Nothing in the story involves the "leadership" of the republican party. Par for the course from a retard.

Speculation? Really?

I thought Song of the South was one of the most wonderful tributes to the blacks of America when I was growing up. Does this mean we can't enjoy these wonderful clips anymore? :(

[ame=http://youtu.be/eoEojphw7kk]Song of the South Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah 1946 - YouTube[/ame]

I love it. Seeing a happy old man without health care, in ill fitting dirty clothes, a hat with a hole in it. My GAWD. What a Tribute.

That's what you see when you look at him?

If I could even get you close to me

This is fucking hilarious. The way these white wingers alternate between "outrage" for bringing up race and calling Obama a "half breed" and a "mulatto".

Ahhhh ha haha Ahhh ha ha ha ho ho tee hee giggle giggle burp.

obama_laughing.jpg

He was using an ANALOGY you POS lying dumb fuck.

YOU LEFTARDS are the MASTERS at screaming RACE, and we ALL KNOW IT.

Spread this garbage over at the DU, moron. It doesn't pass the gas test here.

There are millions of analogies and idioms out there...Why choose those?

I agree, that was imho a Freudian slip.

I would not have used them.

that does bring us to another point though, where in, rdean doesn't seem to have issues with slurs used by democrats, so, I''ll accept the cast opprobrium from you, but, dean can go *uck himself...;)

Even if the Republicans did call Obama boy and tar baby and coon and whatever other racial terms you want to pick, so what? Dems call non-Dems all kinds of nasty things like terrorist and hostage taker and traitor. Dems regularly picked on physical attributes like pointing out Bush's ears and comparing him to a chimp and Clarence Thomas has repeatedly been called an Uncle Tom and an Oreo.

If you want to hold the moral high ground, don't sling mud. The Dems are just as guilty as he Republicans when it comes to getting dirty in that political ring.

Speculation? Really?

Your title is a flat out LIE. Nothing in the story involves the "leadership" of the republican party. Par for the course from a retard.

yes well, dean is....dean, its pathological.

rdean is getting desperate. his lies are compounding daily.

1. they are gop leadership

2. nothing was racial. only dishonest libs would see racism where none exists. tar baby reference as used in context absolutely not racist when you read his entire statement. pat's statement was anything but racist. your boy? that is no longer a racist term in modern vernacular.

stop lying rdean, this is what, teh fourth lie i've caught you in this week?

Speculation? Really?

[ame="http://youtu.be/eoEojphw7kk"]Song of the South Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah 1946 - YouTube[/ame]

I love it. Seeing a happy old man without health care, in ill fitting dirty clothes, a hat with a hole in it. My GAWD. What a Tribute.
Oh, for Pete's sakes, Mr. RDean. Pictures I've seen of Johnny Appleseed shows a holey hat and bare feet. They're beloved American characters, not racial icons.

And the Tar Baby story? It's just a haha laugh story about 2 idiots chasing a wiley rabbit, and they never quite get him in their tummies because they're such bumbling silly people.

You have to admit though, it's charming the way the stories Uncle Remus told go:

[ame=http://youtu.be/u9svyIqwbOg]Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby - YouTube[/ame]

Now wasn't that cute? I think so. <giggle>

You guys take yerselves Wayyyyyy too seriously. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Laughter is the best medicine. Enjoy life! You only get one.

Speculation? Really?

I got you pegged. You just gave it.

Happy old man without health care. ill fittiing dirty clothes. oh my.

He was using an ANALOGY you POS lying dumb fuck.

YOU LEFTARDS are the MASTERS at screaming RACE, and we ALL KNOW IT.

Spread this garbage over at the DU, moron. It doesn't pass the gas test here.

There are millions of analogies and idioms out there...Why choose those?

Because tar baby is the prefect analogy. It's beyond sticky and the more you struggle to free yourself, the more stuck you get. Just because it is tangentially tied to antebellum racism doesn't mean it can't be used when appropriate. It's a literary reference, no different than Uncle Tom or Cassandra or 30 Pieces of Silver.

Speculation? Really?

why does this not surprise me? :eusa_think:

Speculawhat? Who on the left is speculating that racism is behind much of the Right's opposition? It sure isn't me. I KNOW it is. No speculation is needed, thank you.

I grew up in Appalachia. I have hicks and hillbillies in my family. I am one too, even though I don't live there anymore. They HATE Obama, and they HATE him because he's BLACK. How am I so sure? They tell me, that's how. The idea that race has nothing to do with the opposition to Obama is, to me, laughable, and insulting. I stopped reading denials of it from conservatives years ago, because I know better.

Tar baby and boy are actually pretty tame compared to what I've heard twanged out though conservatives' mouths, when they're aren't breathing though their mouths of course.

You people are arguing stories from two and three years ago...

Good GOD... Lil Deanie baits the hook and people bite time and again...

This is fucking hilarious. The way these white wingers alternate between "outrage" for bringing up race and calling Obama a "half breed" and a "mulatto".

Ahhhh ha haha Ahhh ha ha ha ho ho tee hee giggle giggle burp.

obama_laughing.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6E98ZRaU1s]Cher - Half Breed - YouTube[/ame]

Speculation? Really?

You guys call Sarah Palin a slut and a redneck... nothing to do with misogyny. You call Herman Cain an "Uncle Tom"... nothing to do with race. Quiet you.

Forum List

Back