What were two Republicans thinking, calling Obama 'tar baby' and 'boy'?

I don't think either one is offensive

Tar baby refers to a sticky situation that gets worse when you fight it. If he called Obama a tar baby, it would be offensive....but he referred to a situation

Your boy is common slang meaning the person on your side. He did not call Obama "boy"

What were two Republicans thinking, calling Obama 'tar baby' and 'boy'? - CSMonitor.com

The specter of two national Republican figures apologizing for calling President Obama, the first African-American president, alternately a "tar baby" and "boy" gave new fuel to speculation on the left that underneath much of the criticism of the president and his policies lurks the shadow of racism.

---------------------------------------

Speculation? Really?

At least the story comes from the very right wing "Christian Science Monitor". The same people who honestly reported:

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Interesting. Yup, the CS Monitor has cred, unlike the blogs that our mindless, friendly but harmful Republicans use so frequently.

Tar baby refers to a sticky situation that gets worse when you fight it. If he called Obama a tar baby, it would be offensive....but he referred to a situation

Your boy is common slang meaning the person on your side. He did not call Obama "boy"

exactly

another rdean thread down in flames, he is taking hits from his own party now

What were two Republicans thinking, calling Obama 'tar baby' and 'boy'? - CSMonitor.com

The specter of two national Republican figures apologizing for calling President Obama, the first African-American president, alternately a "tar baby" and "boy" gave new fuel to speculation on the left that underneath much of the criticism of the president and his policies lurks the shadow of racism.

Speculation? Really?

At least the story comes from the very right wing "Christian Science Monitor". The same people who honestly reported:

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

You guys call Sarah Palin a slut and a redneck... nothing to do with misogyny. You call Herman Cain an "Uncle Tom"... nothing to do with race. Quiet you.

We don't hold a public office paid by taxpayers, moron.

exactly

Well then let me hit back....I lived in the Deep South and went to high school there. These assholes knew exactly what they were saying. "Boy" was/is how southern white men referred to a black man. And "tar baby" refers to a black male, regardless of its innocent origins in children's fiction.

I hope to god I never see such blind hatred and fear again...and I am talking about the raw fear white men have of black men. White men are the biggest chickens on earth.

Sharpton was replaying some old clips the other night...

I guess use anything you can to take the heat off Obama and this healthcare mess.

Speculation? Really?

^ Dishonest fuck

I know you're insane but now you're lying too

Seek help

exactly

Well then let me hit back....I lived in the Deep South and went to high school there. These assholes knew exactly what they were saying. "Boy" was/is how southern white men referred to a black man. And "tar baby" refers to a black male, regardless of its innocent origins in children's fiction.

I hope to god I never see such blind hatred and fear again...and I am talking about the raw fear white men have of black men. White men are the biggest chickens on earth.

Dems had a KKK Grand Kleagle as Senate Majority leader and a President who pledge to "have them ******* voting Democrat for the next 200 years"

Fuck off

exactly

Dems had a KKK Grand Kleagle as Senate Majority leader and a President who pledge to "have them ******* voting Democrat for the next 200 years"

Fuck off

Typical scared white guy. Do you have to go back to the 1930s to prove your point? Really? OK, asshole, now you fuck off. Find some shots of black people lynching a white guy. Go ahead.

Morbid Image Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
He was using an ANALOGY you POS lying dumb fuck.

YOU LEFTARDS are the MASTERS at screaming RACE, and we ALL KNOW IT.

Spread this garbage over at the DU, moron. It doesn't pass the gas test here.

There are millions of analogies and idioms out there...Why choose those?

Because tar baby is the prefect analogy. It's beyond sticky and the more you struggle to free yourself, the more stuck you get. Just because it is tangentially tied to antebellum racism doesn't mean it can't be used when appropriate. It's a literary reference, no different than Uncle Tom or Cassandra or 30 Pieces of Silver.

The story of the Tar Baby, which aptly describes obama isn't tied to any racism at all. The story comes from a collection of African folktales gathered by Joel Chandler Harris and told by fictional Uncle Remus. Only democrats could make a connection between African history and literature to slavery. obama is a tar baby. The more we fight him the more stuck we get. As far as calling him boy, it is marginally better than calling him the thumb sucking puling petulent infant that he really is.

Democrat complaints raise the question of whether democrats will even permit black people to have a history that isn't cut whole from slavery.

What the hell got this started tonight.....

Oh yeh...

deanie.... frustrated that his guy Obama is taking some heat...

Time to throw down the race card.

Last edited:

Speculation? Really?

Your title is a flat out LIE. Nothing in the story involves the "leadership" of the republican party. Par for the course from a retard.

If you are a Republican member of congress or the senate, then for sure, you are part of the leadership of the GOP. You can't get more leader than "making laws".

exactly

it has already been explained how this is not racist. did you even read the context? he was not referring "tar baby" to obama, rather a specific situation. stop lying or read the article dumbass. and as to boy, he did not call obama boy, he said your boy. as in your guy. you're desperate and it is palpable.

as to fear of black men, you again are ignorant of facts:

“There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.” - See more at: Jesse Jackson fears black youths: racism? - The Race Card Project

guess what, that is jesse jackson

education, get one

Speculation? Really?

Your title is a flat out LIE. Nothing in the story involves the "leadership" of the republican party. Par for the course from a retard.

If you are a Republican member of congress or the senate, then for sure, you are part of the leadership of the GOP. You can't get more leader than "making laws".

i bet you don't hold dems to the same standards. when you say a party's leadership, it is commonly understood to mean either the president, party chair, majority leaders. not every congressperson is a leader of the party.

Forum List

Back