What will the left do?

I'm still wondering how Trump is going to sell "the elderly are expendable" to elderly voters.
Me being allowed to go back to work is exactly ZERO threat to the elderly if they or those responsible for their care take appropriate actions.

It's not an either or situation.
_______

Agree. I am elderly. Will take my chances rather than see this country ruined for my children and grandchildren by some half-assed Obama-Clinton Ivy League "Experts".
Nursing homes, retirement communities and individual seniors can do what needs to be done without expecting the world around them to crash. And it's kind of weird to think that everyone should stay isolated and have no income to protect those who already have their retirements and other investments to survive off of.
It would be a little better if Trump and his death cult were prepared to accept the consequences of their actions. As it is they are already going to put full responsibility for any deaths on the dead.

So far Trump has followed the advice of the medical experts, In the beginning everyone was wrong because of information coming out of China and the complicity of the W.H.O.
Yes for political reasons, TRUMP we are told was the ONE who was wrong. The Democrats are like little children pointing their fingers.... so pathetic and hypocritical.

You know, if Trump was not making plans to bring back the economy, he would then be blamed by the left for not being able to do two things at once. he would be blamed entirely for the economic situation. But for now you just have to settle for blaming him for choosing money over lives.

And that my friend in itself is a crock of shit, because lives are lost on both sides of the balance sheet.

Actually that's just another strawman based on your own speculation fallacy. We get those here literally every day.

I see, viewpoint you dont like = straw man.

So you dont agree lives will be lost by an extended shutdown? for reasons other than Corona Virus?

You know Cuomo was only speculating when he declared what is happening in NEW YORK ..Will come to you.
There is no scientific basis for him to say that. there may be good logic in his statement, but it's still speculation and so far he was incorrect.
He also speculated in the beginning that there was no need to panic or avoid normal activities... just like everyone else.

No, Checkersspeech ---- THIS:

You know, if Trump was not making plans to bring back the economy, he would then be blamed by the left for not being able to do two things at once. he would be blamed entirely for the economic situation. But for now you just have to settle for blaming him for choosing money over lives.​

I made the key words kinda big and bold so maybe even you can find 'em.

That's no straw man. It's already been obvious the Left blames Trump no matter what he does. Just like now they are Trying to solely lay the Blame on trump for being too slow....... yet they were trying to call him racist/ xenophobe for limiting air travel from China.

When antibody tests become widely available and the infection rate proves to be through the roof but the mortality rate drops below 1% how will they continue to promote these draconian measures all the while calling anyone who disagrees irresponsible?

Those numbers will essentially strip them of their talking points and ability to scare the public into submission.

How will they pivot?
I want the country to reopen. Other than a few fringe extremists, you’d be hard pressed to find a “leftist” who wants the country to stay closed. So, the foundation of your argument is flawed, and seemingly based on opinion rather than fact. But, yes, it all hinges on testing. The Donald Trump from weeks ago cannot promise that anyone who wants a test can get one when the Donald Trump of today can’t deliver on it, or even agree that the federal government should supply the equipment necessary for the testing — not without being ridiculed, that is.
False. The leftist traitors want as much damage done as possible to get rid of Trump. Nothing will satisfy them.

Are you completely deranged? The "leftist traitors" are dying and suffering in just as great numbers as those on the right. The disease doesn't distinguish left from right. This whole bullshit notion that the left is out to destroy American ignores the fact that the last two Republican Presidents, have reduced the entire nation to an emergency zone with tens of millions of people out of work, with no health care, and the economy cratering.

The left doesn't need to destroy American because the Republicans are doing a bang up job of it and every time we think things can't get any worse, Trump and his Administration do something even dumber.

Now that Trump has left everything up to the states, he can blame the increasing levels of violence on the states, and then institute martial law if things get out of hand. Watching states rushing to open gymns, nail salons and beaches with no testing available is a recipe for disaster, but then so was letting 40,000 people come in from China as the virus raged there, without testing any of them.
That is exactly what the vermin scum are doing.

I'm still wondering how Trump is going to sell "the elderly are expendable" to elderly voters.
Me being allowed to go back to work is exactly ZERO threat to the elderly if they or those responsible for their care take appropriate actions.

_______

Agree. I am elderly. Will take my chances rather than see this country ruined for my children and grandchildren by some half-assed Obama-Clinton Ivy League "Experts".
Nursing homes, retirement communities and individual seniors can do what needs to be done without expecting the world around them to crash. And it's kind of weird to think that everyone should stay isolated and have no income to protect those who already have their retirements and other investments to survive off of.
It would be a little better if Trump and his death cult were prepared to accept the consequences of their actions. As it is they are already going to put full responsibility for any deaths on the dead.

So far Trump has followed the advice of the medical experts, In the beginning everyone was wrong because of information coming out of China and the complicity of the W.H.O.
Yes for political reasons, TRUMP we are told was the ONE who was wrong. The Democrats are like little children pointing their fingers.... so pathetic and hypocritical.

You know, if Trump was not making plans to bring back the economy, he would then be blamed by the left for not being able to do two things at once. he would be blamed entirely for the economic situation. But for now you just have to settle for blaming him for choosing money over lives.

And that my friend in itself is a crock of shit, because lives are lost on both sides of the balance sheet.

Actually that's just another strawman based on your own speculation fallacy. We get those here literally every day.

So you dont agree lives will be lost by an extended shutdown? for reasons other than Corona Virus?

You know Cuomo was only speculating when he declared what is happening in NEW YORK ..Will come to you.
There is no scientific basis for him to say that. there may be good logic in his statement, but it's still speculation and so far he was incorrect.
He also speculated in the beginning that there was no need to panic or avoid normal activities... just like everyone else.

You know, if Trump was not making plans to bring back the economy, he would then be blamed by the left for not being able to do two things at once. he would be blamed entirely for the economic situation. But for now you just have to settle for blaming him for choosing money over lives.​

Spin...

_______

That's no straw man. It's already been obvious the Left blames Trump no matter what he does. Just like now they are Trying to solely lay the Blame on trump for being too slow....... yet they were trying to call him racist/ xenophobe for limiting air travel from China.

The left blames Trump because at every turn he makes the wrong decision and makes things WORSE.

Trump declined to use the WHO test and decided that American labs should make and sell their own tests. That was Trump's decision, having nothing to do with the experts or the CDC. It was all about making more profit for the labs. The USA still doesn't have a cheap, reliable, readily available point of care test. Nor are any of the private lab tests approved by the CDC. What you have is an expensive, unreliable patchwork of testing availability. The USA is the only first world country without adequte testing.

Trump loosened trade rules with China to allow American manufacturers to sell their entire inventory of masks and PPE's to China, and failed to place any orders for PPE's and masks for American hospitals until after March 15th. Again, this allowed manufacturers to profit at the expense of the American people. The national stockpile was "released" (sold) to medical supply distributors who started bidding wars for the stock. It should have been distributed to states by FEMA.

Last but not least, the small business loan program was doled out to mostly large restaurant chains, in $10 million dollar chunks, instead of to "small businesses" like Shake Shack, Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Ruth Chris has $468 million in annual sales. But more and more, I'm hearing that the real small family restaurants business are getting nothing.

_______

The left blames Trump because at every turn he makes the wrong decision and makes things WORSE.

Trump declined to use the WHO test and decided that American labs should make and sell their own tests. That was Trump's decision, having nothing to do with the experts or the CDC. It was all about making more profit for the labs. The USA still doesn't have a cheap, reliable, readily available point of care test. Nor are any of the private lab tests approved by the CDC. What you have is an expensive, unreliable patchwork of testing availability. The USA is the only first world country without adequte testing.

Trump loosened trade rules with China to allow American manufacturers to sell their entire inventory of masks and PPE's to China, and failed to place any orders for PPE's and masks for American hospitals until after March 15th. Again, this allowed manufacturers to profit at the expense of the American people. The national stockpile was "released" (sold) to medical supply distributors who started bidding wars for the stock. It should have been distributed to states by FEMA.

Last but not least, the small business loan program was doled out to mostly large restaurant chains, in $10 million dollar chunks, instead of to "small businesses" like Shake Shack, Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Ruth Chris has $468 million in annual sales. But more and more, I'm hearing that the real small family restaurants business are getting nothing.

The CDC released the first covid19 test then quickly recalled it saying it was wrong dont use it. This set back testing at least a month as other companies scrambled to make tests that actually worked. This was not Trumps fault but solely the fault of the CDC.

What don’t you people understand about this? Herd immunity is the only inevitable conclusion here. A vaccine is a pipe dream. Even if it is developed in a timely manner, remember if it can be created isn’t a guarantee, it’ll come far too late. If this vaccine comes out, we’ll have forgotten covid-19 and we’ll be worried about covid-20/21. This virus has already mutated 30 times. The only moral and logical choice is to go with the Swedish model. We should be trying to get the not a risk folk infected as quickly as possible, get herd immunity in that population, and then after a FEW months of herd immunity re-introduce the at risk folks to the rest of the population. How long do you think you can lock down the elderly? 12 months is psycho talk. Be realistic.

A vaccine isn't a pipe dream...a vaccine is an impossibility. There has NEVER been a successful vaccine for ANY coronavirus, they mutate too quickly.
Exactly. I mean I think they probably could have made one for a corona virus, there just wasn’t a market for it to dump the millions in R & D. But yes, this virus has mutated 30 times already. If god dropped a vaccine On us tomorrow, it should work on all 30 strains, but probably will stop working in about a year five or take.

What don’t you people understand about this? Herd immunity is the only inevitable conclusion here. A vaccine is a pipe dream. Even if it is developed in a timely manner, remember if it can be created isn’t a guarantee, it’ll come far too late. If this vaccine comes out, we’ll have forgotten covid-19 and we’ll be worried about covid-20/21. This virus has already mutated 30 times. The only moral and logical choice is to go with the Swedish model. We should be trying to get the not a risk folk infected as quickly as possible, get herd immunity in that population, and then after a FEW months of herd immunity re-introduce the at risk folks to the rest of the population. How long do you think you can lock down the elderly? 12 months is psycho talk. Be realistic.

Sounds like a great plan. Do you know how long the antibodies last? Neither do I. Neither does anyone.

And the fact that the virus has muted doesn’t bode well for your argument
The fact that you just said that just shows you don’t know WTF you’re talking about, how immunity works, or how vaccines work. And if I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt, and extrapolating the smartest possible version of the post you just made...then a vaccine wouldn’t ever work, same reason we can’t make an AIDS vaccine. Meaning the only way to get immunity to this is by catching it and getting over it. So we’re back to what I’m saying.

How exactly do you think vaccines and antibodies work? They aren’t injecting nano-bots into the bloodstream that attack disease. They inject dead or inactive viruses/bacteria. Those viruses have what’s called antigens on their surface. Our immune system makes antibodies specific to those antigens. Those antibodies are continuously made for a long ass time after the disease. The problem is when a virus mutates it’s antigens, then our antibodies don’t recognize it. So to our bodies it’s essientially a new disease.

This is the type of dumbass shit I’m talking about. People making posts like that. Like, I’ve dedicated thousands of hours to this shit in my schooling and throughout my career, yet here I am getting lectured by a dolt who wants to speak as if they are an authority on the subject because they watch the news. It’s like people saying they could write, produce, and direct a movie because they watch TMZ. That’s like meth head logic. Am I wasting my time trying to talk sense to meth heads online?

_______

That's exactly what we have here. Nobody among the small businesses has had any traction at all.

When antibody tests become widely available and the infection rate proves to be through the roof but the mortality rate drops below 1% how will they continue to promote these draconian measures all the while calling anyone who disagrees irresponsible?

Those numbers will essentially strip them of their talking points and ability to scare the public into submission.

How will they pivot?

And you’re back to being a fucking idiot I see.

Proceeding after testing IS responsible shit brains.

Sounds like a great plan. Do you know how long the antibodies last? Neither do I. Neither does anyone.

The fact that you just said that just shows you don’t know WTF you’re talking about, how immunity works, or how vaccines work. And if I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt, and extrapolating the smartest possible version of the post you just made...then a vaccine wouldn’t ever work, same reason we can’t make an AIDS vaccine. Meaning the only way to get immunity to this is by catching it and getting over it. So we’re back to what I’m saying.

How exactly do you think vaccines and antibodies work? They aren’t injecting nano-bots into the bloodstream that attack disease. They inject dead or inactive viruses/bacteria. Those viruses have what’s called antigens on their surface. Our immune system makes antibodies specific to those antigens. Those antibodies are continuously made for a long ass time after the disease. The problem is when a virus mutates it’s antigens, then our antibodies don’t recognize it. So to our bodies it’s essientially a new disease.

This is the type of dumbass shit I’m talking about. People making posts like that. Like, I’ve dedicated thousands of hours to this shit in my schooling and throughout my career, yet here I am getting lectured by a dolt who wants to speak as if they are an authority on the subject because they watch the news. It’s like people saying they could write, produce, and direct a movie because they watch TMZ. That’s like meth head logic. Am I wasting my time trying to talk sense to meth heads online?

I know vaccines are developed from antibodies, but if the virus keeps mutating constant changes need to be made to the vaccine. And the mutations would thus make it harder to have an effective vaccine.

You can have antibodies in your system to protect you and then next season the virus can theoretically mutate rendering those antibodies ineffective

Both the WHO and CDC are on record telling us they don’t know how long the antibodies for COVID 19 last. There have also been a few cases where the infected patient has recovered but didn’t develope antibodies.

But most importantly if we let people just run out and get the virus then there’s going to be a subsection of people that are going to get very sick and die which equal a lot of people and the healthcare system can’t take care of all of them.

_______

As a rule, Government works very inefficiently, is rife with corruption and waste. And is not good at implementing most things but we try to get through it. Now suddenly all these politicians are saying it's Trumps fault? sure he has probably made some mistakes that in hindsight he could have done better. My problem with it is they are trying to say it is only Trump when government has been inefficient for years. If Biden was pres. the same thing would have happened.
take your last paragraph, who is it responsible for controlling the money? I thought that was Congress? Yes Trump has a say, but then delegation is necessary. Congress controls the purse strings and then people down the food chain handle the actual details.
Congress is not even in the office right now. Nancy Pelosi is home telling us the answer is to stock your fridge full of chocolate ice creme. It shouldn't be surprising that government will make mistakes like giving money to the wrong people, its the way they have always worked. Look at the Haiti relief program, what was it? like a 100 Billion that simply disappeared?

As far as Trump loosening trade rules with China, that was probably part of a larger negotiation as things have been back and forth with them. No one would have foreseen this happening, and over all, it's Trump's goal to try to get more U.S. companies back here in the U.S.
If we want to talk about the real loosening of Trade rules with China, you have to go back to the 90's when it all fell apart and CHINA has been a bad actor ever since. Every other administration until trump has been soft and given in.. and there trump is criticized as well.

As for the W.H.O. testing, I think Airplane Mechanic summed it up nicely

I know vaccines are developed from antibodies, but if the virus keeps mutating constant changes need to be made to the vaccine. And the mutations would thus make it harder to have an effective vaccine.

You can have antibodies in your system to protect you and then next season the virus can theoretically mutate rendering those antibodies ineffective

Both the WHO and CDC are on record telling us they don’t know how long the antibodies for COVID 19 last. There have also been a few cases where the infected patient has recovered but didn’t develope antibodies.

But most importantly if we let people just run out and get the virus then there’s going to be a subsection of people that are going to get very sick and die which equal a lot of people and the healthcare system can’t take care of all of them.
No you’re still not getting it. Vaccines aren’t made from antibodies. They’re made from viruses we make inactive. So you get the immune response without dealing with the negatives/sickness that an active virus would give you. It takes a good bit of time to figure out how to make the virus inactive while also having enough of the common antigens in place that’ll trigger the immune response (this is a very simplified immunity for dummies version I am giving you). Then it takes an even longer time to test the vaccine to make sure it doesn’t harm too many people. You can’t just press a few buttons and make a different vaccine in a month. That’s not how it works.

No you’re still not getting it. Vaccines aren’t made from antibodies. They’re made from viruses we make inactive. So you get the immune response without dealing with the negatives/sickness that an active virus would give you. It takes a good bit of time to figure out how to make the virus inactive while also having enough of the common antigens in place that’ll trigger the immune response (this is a very simplified immunity for dummies version I am giving you). Then it takes an even longer time to test the vaccine to make sure it doesn’t harm too many people. You can’t just press a few buttons and make a different vaccine in a month. That’s not how it works.

Most vaccines work by inducing B lymphocytes to produce antibodies

And regardless.It may take us a long time to come up with a vaccine. We don’t have vaccines for any corona virus. Maybe the answer will be a very effective antiviral medication like as the case with AIDS. Regardless having people got out to try to get the virus is suicidal

Why do you think that so many "conservatives" can't seem to grasp that fact, Rocko?

I'm probably the going to kick the bucket before I begin to understand what makes people ignore science and go with the advice of hucksters like Rush, Hannity and Ingraham.

Why do you think that so many "conservatives" can't seem to grasp that fact, Rocko?

I think we live in a country where everything has become a partisan issue. This shouldn’ be, but it is, and a lot of conservatives are on the wrong side of it.

I think we live in a country where everything has become a partisan issue. This shouldn’ be, but it is, and a lot of conservatives are on the wrong side of it.

I dunno. That's a fairly vague explanation.

I'm not sold.

How will they pivot?

Sadly they will have already moved onto the next fake news 'crisis' and ignore it. When have they ever taken responsibility for their actions, never.

Listen up fucksticks that don’t have medical degrees. Vaccines trigger an immune response without making the body go through the actual sickness. So, if our own immunity isn’t going to work, then neither will a vaccine. It’s unrealistic to do a lockdown until a vaccine is created for multiple reasons, the main one being is that our hospitals will be out of business. Hospitals also need to treat people that currently are forgoing treatment with the virus around, because being sick enough to need a hospital means you’re probably at risk of being killed by this virus. Now, our hospitals are half empty, so it’s kind of a good time for them to take on the influx of patients from covid THAT IS ONLY INEVITABLE. THERE IS NO RUNNING FROM THE FACT THAT EFFECTIVELY EVERYONE WILL CATCH THIS. If whatever your listening too is telling you otherwise they aren’t being honest with you. The good news is that this is much less deadlier than we thought, but it’s still more deadly than the flu, and far more contagious. There are no good options here, it’s time to start being realistic. Like the fucking Swedes. They’re being realistic about this. They have some common sense measures in place and they’re ripping the band-aid off quick, and it’s paying off for them.

Forum List

Back