What would actually be in a "magical creation" textbook? Beyond it isn't evolution.

My question is, how does evolution rule out intelligent design. Is it possible that an intelligent creator used evolution as the mechanism?
There is no doubt there is a design. It is apparent everywhere in nature. The marks of engineering are all around us if we can see them.
I disagree, we engineer, we build so it's natural fallacy to see that in nature even when it's not there.
I would agree except the pattern is repeated throughout natural design and its mathematical.
mathematics in nature is a by product ..
A by product of what?

My question is, how does evolution rule out intelligent design. Is it possible that an intelligent creator used evolution as the mechanism?
There is no doubt there is a design. It is apparent everywhere in nature. The marks of engineering are all around us if we can see them.
I disagree, we engineer, we build so it's natural fallacy to see that in nature even when it's not there.
I would agree except the pattern is repeated throughout natural design and its mathematical.

I'm not necessarily looking for scientific evidence of a creator. I am just asking. Why does it HAVE to be one or the other. I think we can all agree that science has not discovered all there is to be discovered or proven everything their is to be proven or answered every question there is to be answered.

So why does creationism necessarily eliminate evolution or what does evolution necessarily eliminate creationism?

Why not save the fighting for later, when we learn something that makes them mutually exclusive?
I think they are one and the same. What I dont think is that there is a sky fairy that is watching us and judging us on morality. It seems very weird that someone would create a world full of "temptations", tell us not to be tempted and then send us to hell if we are. BTW this same creator also knows this before hand making this an exercise in futility.

A by product of what?
conditions, "things" will only develop if the conditions favor certain reactions.

A by product of what?
conditions, "things" will only develop if the conditions favor certain reactions.
Who created the conditions? For example the universe. Where did the conditions exist to create the universe before it existed?

I'm not necessarily looking for scientific evidence of a creator. I am just asking. Why does it HAVE to be one or the other. I think we can all agree that science has not discovered all there is to be discovered or proven everything their is to be proven or answered every question there is to be answered.

So why does creationism necessarily eliminate evolution or what does evolution necessarily eliminate creationism?

Why not save the fighting for later, when we learn something that makes them mutually exclusive?
I think they are one and the same. What I dont think is that there is a sky fairy that is watching us and judging us on morality. It seems very weird that someone would create a world full of "temptations", tell us not to be tempted and then send us to hell if we are. BTW this same creator also knows this before hand making this an exercise in futility.
Explain our existence with something that ISN'T weird.

It seems very weird that someone would create a world full of "temptations", tell us not to be tempted and then send us to hell if we are.

That is not a foregone conclusion.

As a father, I knew before my children were even born that they were not going to be perfect. They were going to make mistakes.

Now, when they do make mistakes, it in no way affects my love for them. There are times when one of my children makes a mistake that opens a gulf between us, and I realize as their father I have a responsibility to reach across that gulf and they have a responsibility to also reach across that gulf. When I reach across that gulf, I bring my children back to me. That is the nature of forgiveness. The realization that I created these imperfect beings and that I still love them.

I do not demand perfection from my children, and neither does God.

All we have to do is reach out. God's hands are already there, waiting for us.

It is pointless to try to prove the unknowable. It equally pointless to make claims which have no foundation of evidence to support them.

If you believe God turned all the traffic lights green for you today, don't be surprised if someone laughs their ass off at the incredible ego behind that belief.

Being faithful means being humble.

Unfortunately, my biggest shortcoming is a lack of humility. I'm not revealing anything new in that respect to anyone here. :D

if a "god" or a super advanced civilization put everything in motion here .....you can rest assured they used science well beyond our comprehension to do it.....but science none the less........

If you stumble across a watch that has been discarded in the woods, you assume the existence of a watchmaker. You don't assume it just evolved without direction ....

And where did the materials that evolved come from? Something blew up in the big bang, right? Well where did that material come from?

I personally don't believe that science or evolution or even logic has ruled out the possibility of a creator.

It seems very weird that someone would create a world full of "temptations", tell us not to be tempted and then send us to hell if we are.

As a father, I knew before my children were even born that they were not going to be perfect. They were going to make mistakes.

Now, when they do make mistakes, it in no way affects my love for them. There are times when one of my children makes a mistake that opens a gulf between us, and I realize as their father I have a responsibility to reach across that gulf and they have a responsibility to also reach across that gulf. When I reach across that gulf, I bring my children back to me. That is the nature of forgiveness. The realization that I created these imperfect beings and that I still love them.

Your assigning human attributes to a force you dont even know is human like. The general consensus is god is a male. What male do you know that conceives kids? Might I add without a woman? Created in his image?

So Republicans get their wish and schools suddenly decide it's only fair to teach magical creation. Besides "it isn't evolution", what is it exactly, they would "teach"? Anyone?
You are living proof we come from monkeys. You sling an impossible amount of shit

So Republicans get their wish and schools suddenly decide it's only fair to teach magical creation. Besides "it isn't evolution", what is it exactly, they would "teach"? Anyone?

If evolution can be taught, isn't it fair, to use a Liberal construct, to teach the other? You lefties constantly talk about equal until equal involves doing something you don't think should be done.

Just to elaborate some more:

Most of the rules I make for my children are not designed to deny them pleasure, though from their perspective it might feel like it.

"Look both ways before you cross the street." Kids like to charge their bikes straight out into the road without checking for cars first. When my kids do that, they fell the wrath of God descend on them, and I remove their bicycle privileges for a while. Boy do they hate me for that. But did I do that because I am an asshole, or is it because I love them more than I love myself?

It's all about perspective.

There's good reasons for why we should not commit adultery, no matter how hot our neighbor's wife is. You understand?

There's good reason why we should not steal, no matter how tempting that Ferrari is. God didn't make that rule because he doesn't want me to have a Ferrari. He made that rule to keep us from descending into savage beasts living in constant fear and anger.

And a Ferrari doesn't fill the hole we have inside.

Your assigning human attributes to a force you dont even know is human like. The general consensus is god is a male. What male do you know that conceives kids? Might I add without a woman?

So Jesus wasn't human?

God created man in his own image and man is male.

Design

I found a dimpled spider, fat and white,
On a white heal-all, holding up a moth
Like a white piece of rigid satin cloth--
Assorted characters of death and blight
Mixed ready to begin the morning right,
Like the ingredients of a witches' broth--
A snow-drop spider, a flower like a froth,
And dead wings carried like a paper kite.

What had that flower to do with being white,
The wayside blue and innocent heal-all?
What brought the kindred spider to that height,
Then steered the white moth thither in the night?
What but design of darkness to appall?--
If design govern in a thing so small.

R. Frost

I personally believe in God because I have felt his presence and his influence in my life. I know plenty will laugh at that and attribute that feeling to many other things - and they will be very logical assumptions about where it really came from and what it really means. That's OK. I'll agree to disagree and respect others' beliefs and not try to shove mine down their throats.

Forum List

Back