What would America be like if the anti-Abortion types win?

Why do you hate black people and them aborted? Are you a eugenists like Hillary?

You realize that made no grammatical sense, right?

Blacks only get more abortions because they don't have as easy access to contraception as white women have...
Sorry about that, but you get my point right?

Easy access to contraceptives????? WTF. Nothing is easier than preventing an unwanted pregnancy. NOTHING!

I was 1st trimester pro-choice until insane hacks like you made excuses for the ghouls, who are to this this day selling body parts from dismembered aborted fetuses....Now you butchers are carrying the water for infanticide.

Go take your scare story from an irrelevant non-analogous nation and stuff it up your ass.

How are the Phillipines non-Analogous. We practically developed their government and wrote their constitution.

I know a lot of Filipinos, they are the nicest people in the world. But their laws on this topic are goofy, and ones we shouldn't want to copy.

Joe, there were similar problems when abortion was banned in Romania. There were orphanages filled with thousands of unwanted babies when communism fell. Americans tried adopting these children, but many of them suffered from attachment disorder, because they had never known a loving caring relationship with another human being.

Women spoke of being fearful of reprisals if they miscarried. Especially if the woman was single or for whom the pregnancy wasn't really a "blessed event". Those miscarriages were treated as especially suspicious. I had two early miscarriages, and was emotionally devasted when they happened. But I had family and friends who supported me, and a doctor who assured me my next pregnancy would go better. I can't imagine losing a child in this manner and then being too frightened to even seek medical treatment for the miscarriage.

I was 1st trimester pro-choice until insane hacks like you made excuses for the ghouls, who are to this this day selling body parts from dismembered aborted fetuses....Now you butchers are carrying the water for infanticide.

Go take your scare story from an irrelevant non-analogous nation and stuff it up your ass.

How are the Phillipines non-Analogous. We practically developed their government and wrote their constitution.

I know a lot of Filipinos, they are the nicest people in the world. But their laws on this topic are goofy, and ones we shouldn't want to copy.

Joe, there were similar problems when abortion was banned in Romania. There were orphanages filled with thousands of unwanted babies when communism fell. Americans tried adopting these children, but many of them suffered from attachment disorder, because they had never known a loving caring relationship with another human being.

Women spoke of being fearful of reprisals if they miscarried. Especially if the woman was single or for whom the pregnancy wasn't really a "blessed event". Those miscarriages were treated as especially suspicious. I had two early miscarriages, and was emotionally devasted when they happened. But I had family and friends who supported me, and a doctor who assured me my next pregnancy would go better. I can't imagine losing a child in this manner and then being too frightened to even seek medical treatment for the miscarriage.
First the hopelessly flawed comparison of with an isolated island nation, now we're going to trot out Romania under Soviet rule?!?

OK....It's safe to say that you ghoulish undertakers are out of any sane arguments.....I'm out of this mess.

Romania.....ROFLMAO!

All their screaming about "infanticide" aside, do you ever wonder what our country would look like if the Anti-Choice fanatics got their way.

Well, thanks to the modern miracles of actually understanding there is a rest of the world out there, we have a real life example.

The Philippines, former American Colony, has exactly the kind of anti-choice laws you guys want.

How's that working out.. Well, let's review.

Unintended Pregnancy and Unsafe Abortion in the Philippines

• The Philippines abortion law is among the strictest in the world. Abortion is illegal under all circumstances and there are no explicit exceptions. Nonetheless, because of high levels of unintended pregnancy, abortion is common in the country. Projections that were based on the national abortion rate in 2000 (the most recent available) and that took into account population increase estimated that 560,000 abortions occurred in 2008 and 610,000 abortions took place in 2012.[2,8,9]

• About 1,000 Filipino women die each year from abortion complications, which contributes to the nation’s high maternal mortality rate. Projections that were based on data from 2000 indicate that 100,000 women were hospitalized for abortion complications in 2012; countless others suffered complications that went untreated.[4,9]

• The stigma surrounding abortion makes it difficult for women to seek postabortion care. Some women report feeling shamed and intimidated by health care workers and in some cases, women are not given pain relievers or anesthetics or are denied treatment all together. Others report being threatened that they would be turned over to the police.[5,8]
What a load of bullshit. If the pro life people win, each state will make its own abortion laws, just as they did before the Roe v. Wade mutilation of our Constitution. Some states will allow abortions and some states won't, so if a woman who lived in a state that didn't allow abortions wanted one, she would have to take a bus to a state that did allow them, and if she didn't have the bus fare, pro abortion fanatics like yourself would be happy to buy her a bus ticket.

You clearly have no memory of the days when abortion was illegal in the USA. Women were bleeding out in emergency rooms from botched abortions. Many died or were rendered infertile by back alley butchers.

Poor women have reduced access to cheap abortions now due to state laws which force them to undergo unnecessary and expensive ultra sounds, waiting periods. Add a bus ticket and motel rooms to the tests and the cost of the actual procedure, and suddenly it's priced out of reach of most working poor women with other children to feed.

In Canada, abortion at all stages of pregnancy, is legal and fully funded by our government funded health care, and has been since 1979, when our Supreme court struck down the abortion law as unconstitutional. There are no laws governing abortion whatsoever. It is a matter between a women and her doctor.

If you look at our abortion statistics, you'll see a spike when the effects of the recession hit, and since then a steady reduction in abortions. Abortion has always been driven by poverty. Those facing economic uncertainty can ill afford to bring another mouth to feed into the household or take time of to have a baby. Once the period of uncertainty was over, abortions rapidly declined.

http://www.arcc-cdac.ca/backrounders/statistics-abortion-in-canada.pdf

Yes of course, the fate of the world lies in whether or not a woman can kill her kid right up until the little head is popping out. You people are quite evil.

Why do you hate black people and them aborted? Are you a eugenists like Hillary?

Blacks only get more abortions because they don't have as easy access to contraception as white women have...

Easy access to contraceptives????? WTF. Nothing is easier than preventing an unwanted pregnancy. NOTHING!

I love it when a MAN tells me how easy it is to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. You haven't the vaguest clue and you never will have.

I love it when a MAN tells me how easy it is to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. You haven't the vaguest clue and you never will have.

I love it when a woman whines about having miscarriages and then says how great it is that women in her country can kill their children at will.

What I find so bloody amazing, as well as so damn hypocritical are these "small government" types, predominately males, being so fixated on controlling various aspects of a woman's vagina to the point of an obsession. Then in the next breath, these same control freaks claim their damn guns should all be unfettered from any control under law.

An abortion of a non-viable fetus denies the POTENTIAL for a living being. A gun shot through the head or heart of any person ENDS the life of a living being. Time to end this fucking hypocrisy. Women are not chattel and weapons don't enhance your manhood, fools.

I see your point...kinda, maybe, in a sordid way....but is this really a fair analogy?

:umno:

However, I will agree that guns cannot enhance one's manhood
But they sure can protect it :113:
I see your point...kinda, maybe, in a sordid way....but is this really a fair analogy?
Of course it is! The contrasted pairing noted is all about control by the alpha male! Mankind left the caves many millennia ago.

Your mythology of carrying a weapon is not supported by the data you failed to supply in support of your baseless claim. It's also irrelevant to the point of my post in any case!

You fucking political gadflys just can't stay on fucking point can you?!

All their screaming about "infanticide" aside, do you ever wonder what our country would look like if the Anti-Choice fanatics got their way.

Well, thanks to the modern miracles of actually understanding there is a rest of the world out there, we have a real life example.

The Philippines, former American Colony, has exactly the kind of anti-choice laws you guys want.

• The Philippines abortion law is among the strictest in the world. Abortion is illegal under all circumstances and there are no explicit exceptions. Nonetheless, because of high levels of unintended pregnancy, abortion is common in the country. Projections that were based on the national abortion rate in 2000 (the most recent available) and that took into account population increase estimated that 560,000 abortions occurred in 2008 and 610,000 abortions took place in 2012.[2,8,9]

• About 1,000 Filipino women die each year from abortion complications, which contributes to the nation’s high maternal mortality rate. Projections that were based on data from 2000 indicate that 100,000 women were hospitalized for abortion complications in 2012; countless others suffered complications that went untreated.[4,9]

• The stigma surrounding abortion makes it difficult for women to seek postabortion care. Some women report feeling shamed and intimidated by health care workers and in some cases, women are not given pain relievers or anesthetics or are denied treatment all together. Others report being threatened that they would be turned over to the police.[5,8]
What a load of bullshit. If the pro life people win, each state will make its own abortion laws, just as they did before the Roe v. Wade mutilation of our Constitution. Some states will allow abortions and some states won't, so if a woman who lived in a state that didn't allow abortions wanted one, she would have to take a bus to a state that did allow them, and if she didn't have the bus fare, pro abortion fanatics like yourself would be happy to buy her a bus ticket.

You clearly have no memory of the days when abortion was illegal in the USA. Women were bleeding out in emergency rooms from botched abortions. Many died or were rendered infertile by back alley butchers.

Poor women have reduced access to cheap abortions now due to state laws which force them to undergo unnecessary and expensive ultra sounds, waiting periods. Add a bus ticket and motel rooms to the tests and the cost of the actual procedure, and suddenly it's priced out of reach of most working poor women with other children to feed.

In Canada, abortion at all stages of pregnancy, is legal and fully funded by our government funded health care, and has been since 1979, when our Supreme court struck down the abortion law as unconstitutional. There are no laws governing abortion whatsoever. It is a matter between a women and her doctor.

If you look at our abortion statistics, you'll see a spike when the effects of the recession hit, and since then a steady reduction in abortions. Abortion has always been driven by poverty. Those facing economic uncertainty can ill afford to bring another mouth to feed into the household or take time of to have a baby. Once the period of uncertainty was over, abortions rapidly declined.

http://www.arcc-cdac.ca/backrounders/statistics-abortion-in-canada.pdf
First off, abortion was never illegal in all of the US. The legality of it was decided state by state, and while most states, all but three, either didn't allow it or allowed it only in special cases, such as the mother's health or rape or incest, if the states were allowed to decide the issue today, many states, perhaps most states, would allow abortion on request at least for the first trimester, so telling horror stories about pre 1973 US does not speak to the issue today.

That count of dead women doesn't include all the women who died because their pregnancy went wrong. Like an ectopic pregnancy. America has over 65 thousand ectopic pregnancies a year. If an abortion isn't performed, the woman dies.

What about a fetus that isn't viable and will only cause paratinitus and kill the woman? She should die too according to anti abortion people.

Then there are all the women who are diagnosed with conditions that can't be treated while they are pregnant or the pregnancy will make the condition worse or the pregnancy caused the condition.

Women will be dying all over the place in America.

That's on top of all the unwanted children that will be born. Who is going to take care of them?

Then there's the religious aspect of this. I'm not christian and my faith doesn't say life begins at conception nor does it say that abortion, especially to save the life of the woman, is bad. My faith believes in choice and believes it's a matter between the woman, her doctor and her family if she chooses to include the family.

People who don't share those christian beliefs and aren't even christian shouldn't have to live their lives by the christian faith. We have separation of church and state with freedom of religion. Will the crazy anti abortion people be able to force their religion on me and people like me?

Finally I am so sick and tired of their lies. No woman goes through 9 months of a pregnancy then chooses to abort. Besides it being illegal, it's just not done. By the time that pregnancy reaches that state that woman has already made the choice to carry it to term and only has an abortion if her life or health is in jeopardy or there's a very serious problem with the fetus.

No doctor is going to perform an abortion on a healthy viable late term fetus.

Yet those crazy people keep saying it's done every day. It's not. Those situations are saving lives. Which leads me to believe they believe women should die because their pregnancy went wrong. They are sick and disgusting people. They have to lie about reality because the truth of reality just isn't on their side.

“What would America be like if the anti-Abortion types win?”

It’s not a matter of if, but when – as it will indeed happen.

For a majority of women there’d be little change, if any – as most of the states will continue to recognize a woman’s right to privacy.

In states controlled by authoritarian Republicans hostile to the right to privacy, the following will likely occur:

Abortion will be criminalized with women and their doctors subject to arrest and prosecution.

Abortion will be ‘illegal’ absent criminal prosecution.

Abortion will remain legal but regulated out of existence by draconian, byzantine, and burdensome regulatory measures.

As to the politics of abortion, it’s a situation where conservatives and Republicans hostile to the right to privacy need to be careful of what they wish for, as the political backlash against Republican politicians will be considerable.

And as is always the case with oppressive laws, the people will find ways to avoid unjust laws or ignore them altogether – laws prohibiting abortion will be no different.

For example, women in Missouri will travel to Illinois to exercise their right to privacy; non-profit funding entities will raise money to pay for women in Louisiana to travel to a free state to exercise their right to privacy; and of course in states where abortion is ‘illegal,’ abortions will continue to be performed, doctors will simply refer to the procedure as something other than ‘abortion.’

The ‘banning’ of abortion will be as much of a debacle as Prohibition; and in time laws ‘banning’ abortion will be repealed via the political process – conservatives hostile to privacy rights will ultimately lose.

I'm curious, who is this "they" that you think will start killing full term babies?

What?
You didn't know that just like there are many soldiers who join the military so that they can legally kill....
There are doctors who enjoy inflicting pain and even death?

There's some REALLY sadistic physicians out there.
Yeah..no. there are very few who join the military so they can kill, and even fewer doctors who like to inflict pain.

That you think either of these things exist in any real numbers is just a sign up for how sick you are.

What I find so bloody amazing, as well as so damn hypocritical are these "small government" types, predominately males, being so fixated on controlling various aspects of a woman's vagina to the point of an obsession. Then in the next breath, these same control freaks claim their damn guns should all be unfettered from any control under law.

An abortion of a non-viable fetus denies the POTENTIAL for a living being. A gun shot through the head or heart of any person ENDS the life of a living being. Time to end this fucking hypocrisy. Women are not chattel and weapons don't enhance your manhood, fools.
Correct.

Which goes to the fact that conservatives are not ‘small government.’

Conservatives are fundamentally authoritarian – they seek to compel conformity and punish dissent.

Their unwarranted hostility toward privacy rights is proof of that, where conservatives work to increase the size and power of the state at the expense of individual liberty by compelling women to give birth against their will through force of law.

That's what Republicans want here.

They want women to have unintended pregnancies so they can call women names and insist that's why women need to be legislated. Because they can't take care of themselves.

It's not like it's a secret.

cg5271036c46780.jpg

Let the filthy pieces of shits die...let’s hope more die.
This is attrition of the highest order...Nature weeds out our filth in due time.

Dude, you need psychological help before you hurt someone.

The person you're replying to is your typical "pro life" conservative/republican.

They are so "pro life" that they call human beings sick pieces of S*** saying that he wants them all to die and they're filth.

That's what pro life is. Dehumanize, then kill everyone who isn't like them and doesn't have the same beliefs as they do.

The post you replied to is a perfect example of today's "pro life" conservatives.

Correct.

Which goes to the fact that conservatives are not ‘small government.’

Conservatives are fundamentally authoritarian – they seek to compel conformity and punish dissent.

Their unwarranted hostility toward privacy rights is proof of that, where conservatives work to increase the size and power of the state at the expense of individual liberty by compelling women to give birth against their will through force of law.
Wow, what an apt description.

DvjRJ97WoAERFTp.jpg

You can come up with a hundred million reasons murder is ok... and you will always be wrong.

View attachment 245127
An abortion nurse quit, because the baby was born before she could kill it.......

You support that being murdered, because not even a minute before that human child was born, you celebrate murdering it.
I could understand the concern if Republicans also supported birth control.

But they are always trying to say what is moral when they support a president who has unprotected sex with porn stars.

Pro-Life Republican Pressured Mistress to Get Abortion

I'm curious, who is this "they" that you think will start killing full term babies?

What?
You didn't know that just like there are many soldiers who join the military so that they can legally kill....
There are doctors who enjoy inflicting pain and even death?

There's some REALLY sadistic physicians out there.
This is as ignorant as it is stupid and desperate.

Nobody has abortions in the third trimester unless there is a good medical reason.

According to most doctors I've read or heard from, there is never a reason for a third trimester abortion in which the health of the mother would be in jeopardy. At that point, the baby is viable to live outside the womb so labor can be induced or a C-Section performed if required. That's why I find the NY and proposed laws in VA so disturbing despite the fact I am pro-choice. I also don't like the cult like behavior exhibited by the extremists among the pro-choice crowd. Lighting up the Word Trace Center to celebrate the legal viability of aborting a child at 8 months and 30 days is a symptom of how sick our society is becoming.

I just couldn't get past your first sentence.

You must not know many doctors.

I grew up with one side of my family doctors. Specifically mostly OB.

I can tell you of many times when my mom came home after trying to save the life of a women who's pregnancy went wrong. Or the life of a woman who went to a back alley for an abortion before my state voted in 1968 to legalize abortion. I remember those days. I was a child at the time but will never forget my mom coming home after losing her battles to save lives. Every one of them took a piece of her. It does that to every good doctor who does their job to help people.

However I will tell you of the one that happened in my own family.

My cousin's wife was in the third trimester of a very planned and wanted pregnancy. They had been married for over a decade and had finally gotten to a place that they could afford and have children. In the third trimester the cord got wrapped around the neck of that fetus and choked it. If you talk to any doctor about that situation they will tell you about a bacteria called paratinitus. It will kill the woman. That bacteria will grow in that uterus with that unviable fetus and will kill her if a late term abortion isn't performed. At the very least, if she waits for it to spontaneously abort on it's own, known as a miscarriage, and doesn't die, she will be infertile for the rest of her life.

My cousin's wife had that late term abortion so she wouldn't die and could preserve her fertility to have more children. They did. They have a son and daughter. The son is almost done in residency to be an orthopedic surgeon and the daughter is nearly done with learning to be an orthodontist.

Should my cousin's wife been forced to die? Should women who face that and other life threatening conditions be forced to die?

Do you want to look in the faces of their son and daughter and tell them their mother should have died and they shouldn't have been born?

Really? I will get you some rubbers and a cucumber. Then you can practice.

Forum List

Back