🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What would happen if Chicago police were defunded?

They don’t do a good job of policing and they solve less then 50% of the murders. Might want to try something different rather than continue the failure.
Only 50%? This is looks strange to me because I read that many cold cases are now solved (or are going to be solved) thanks to new genealogical DNA tests :eusa_think::eusa_think:

Most of those are from cases where people didn't know about DNA tho

In 2020 every criminal knows what DNA is

For every case they solve that way there are many they can't. They've been doing swabs for it if you get arrested since i was a kid.
Very few in power want to "defund" the cops. Even the Mayor of Minneapolis and the Mayor of St Paul have backtracked on this one. It's about police REFORM and TRAINING. It's about ridding departments of bad apples.

This Trump Law & Order BS is a non-starter.

You wrote "Ridding bad apples"... How many "bad apples" are there? Define a "bad apple". At what point does
a cop become a "bad apple"?

Derek Chauvin, a 19-year department veteran who was the subject of at least a dozen police conduct complaints that resulted in no disciplinary action and one that led to a "letter of reprimand." The officer, who was praised for valor during his career, also once fired his weapon during an encounter with a suspect, records show.
Was he a "bad apple" after 19 years and no disciplinary actions from 12 conduct complaints? Or should he have been mustered out as a "bad apple" the FIRST time? Is that what "people" want... Jesus figures as COPS i.e. a perfect person?

I'm just not convinced there are enough "Jesus" type people that can become the "PERFECT" cop. To totally without logic or rational thought "defund" the police is worse than what Chauvin did. Talk about "innocent" people dying!

Considering the fact his wife left him the moment he was locked up....Seems pretty obvious

Also police have a 40% domestic violence rate lol

So just by that one metric alone just under half are bad apples.
You know I didn't believe your statement as you didn't have the courtesy to back it up with a source.
But you are right...https://kutv.com/news/local/40-of-police-officer-families-experience-domestic-violence-study-says
That % is valid. BUT then I did a little more research and found that
every year..10 million people have domestic violence. SO does that make 40% bad apples...?
  • On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men.1
  • 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have experienced some form of physical violence by an intimate partner. This includes a range of behaviors (e.g. slapping, shoving,
Again the difference between you and me is I deal with reality.
We can't fire 40% of cops because Domestic violence when 10 million people have domestic violence per year!

But the solution is NOT ridding"bad apples" but clearly paying more for "GOOD apples" AND educating people like you NOT to jump to conclusions based on the really biased MSM presentations! Remember the MSM ONLY makes money when you respond to BAD news... i.e. Floyd shooting... bad news... Officer Dorn, black cop for 30 years killed.. bad news but NOT enough to equal the criminal Floyd's resistance death.

Domestic violence incidents (aside from murder or severe beatings) can be handled by mental health and/or women't protection services. Cops might have to deal with 10% of these.

EMT's can handle other emergencies. Fire department can handle fires.

PS: Do you think a black man's life is worth more than 20 bucks.

Domestic violence cases are the most dangerous for cops....

People keep their guns and other weapons at home

Most of the time Americans will run from police if possible, very few will stand and fight unless they're at home.

Which is why we send armed police everywhere. We're going to send in social workers like sacrificial lambs when we let cops do whatever to protect their own miserable lives? That's absurd on the face of it

If some asshole is threatening his wife with a gun, then of course a GOOD cop with a badge and a gun will be required. These cases are rare. Most are arguments.

But what if he's not at that moment

Then when he realizes the she's called teh cops he escalates....Which is why these situations are so dangerous

You're sending people into one of the most emotionally charged situations cops walk into. Where tehy keep all their weapons. If you're ever gonna take irrational pot shots at cops it's during a domestic dispute

Very few in power want to "defund" the cops. Even the Mayor of Minneapolis and the Mayor of St Paul have backtracked on this one. It's about police REFORM and TRAINING. It's about ridding departments of bad apples.

You wrote "Ridding bad apples"... How many "bad apples" are there? Define a "bad apple". At what point does

Derek Chauvin, a 19-year department veteran who was the subject of at least a dozen police conduct complaints that resulted in no disciplinary action and one that led to a "letter of reprimand." The officer, who was praised for valor during his career, also once fired his weapon during an encounter with a suspect, records show.
Was he a "bad apple" after 19 years and no disciplinary actions from 12 conduct complaints? Or should he have been mustered out as a "bad apple" the FIRST time? Is that what "people" want... Jesus figures as COPS i.e. a perfect person?

I'm just not convinced there are enough "Jesus" type people that can become the "PERFECT" cop. To totally without logic or rational thought "defund" the police is worse than what Chauvin did. Talk about "innocent" people dying!

Considering the fact his wife left him the moment he was locked up....Seems pretty obvious

You know I didn't believe your statement as you didn't have the courtesy to back it up with a source.
But you are right...https://kutv.com/news/local/40-of-police-officer-families-experience-domestic-violence-study-says
every year..10 million people have domestic violence. SO does that make 40% bad apples...?
  • On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men.1
  • 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have experienced some form of physical violence by an intimate partner. This includes a range of behaviors (e.g. slapping, shoving,
We can't fire 40% of cops because Domestic violence when 10 million people have domestic violence per year!

But the solution is NOT ridding"bad apples" but clearly paying more for "GOOD apples" AND educating people like you NOT to jump to conclusions based on the really biased MSM presentations! Remember the MSM ONLY makes money when you respond to BAD news... i.e. Floyd shooting... bad news... Officer Dorn, black cop for 30 years killed.. bad news but NOT enough to equal the criminal Floyd's resistance death.

Domestic violence incidents (aside from murder or severe beatings) can be handled by mental health and/or women't protection services. Cops might have to deal with 10% of these.

Mental health or women's protective services? Aren't those all private companies? We'll have to hang on to those yellow pages.

No they aren't. Every town with a higher population than 20-30k population has a county or city run mental health and women's protective services.

Mental health or women's protective services? Aren't those all private companies? We'll have to hang on to those yellow pages.

No they aren't. Every town with a higher population than 20-30k population has a county or city run mental health and women's protective services.

None of those make house calls to dangerous domestic violence disputes

What are you talking about?

Women's shelters don't send people to homes lol

You can't buy black people anymore...

True, you can only kill them because they're skeery ;)

That's for 911 dispatch has to decide. Obviously if a woman calls in the middle the night saying BF or hubby has a gun, is drunk and they've been roughed up, obviously they would send a cop.

They don’t do a good job of policing and they solve less then 50% of the murders. Might want to try something different rather than continue the failure.
Only 50%? This is looks strange to me because I read that many cold cases are now solved (or are going to be solved) thanks to new genealogical DNA tests :eusa_think::eusa_think:

Most of those are from cases where people didn't know about DNA tho

In 2020 every criminal knows what DNA is

For every case they solve that way there are many they can't. They've been doing swabs for it if you get arrested since i was a kid.
you're ever gonna take irrational pot shots at cops it's during a domestic dispute
Unfortunately this is true....criminals are "smarter" now :(
But likely for us they can make mistakes!

That's for 911 dispatch has to decide. Obviously if a woman calls in the middle the night saying BF or hubby has a gun, is drunk and they've been roughed up, obviously they would send a cop.

Yea and the way we do this is send cops

No matter what cops are coming, the question is who else is coming?

You never get rid of the cops

If you just go by assaults not shots fired. DV calls are 4th most dangerous.

Behind transporting prisoners, serving warrants (the one that's probably the most likely to get you shot as well), and bar fights (very unlikley to end in dead police)

Which means that every DV call needs a cop

In the middle of the night ya better hope BF or hubby has a gun, is drunk and they've been roughed up cause no one else is gonna show up.

What would happen is that those police would join law enforcement in surrounding communities keeping Chicago's violence quarantined in Chicago. The city would become unliveable.
It's pretty much unlivable now isn't it? At least for real human beings it is. The same thing applies to other cesspools and shit holes called cities.

It’s probably much worse than 50%. And besides, I doubt very much cold cases get much attention there.
Chicago police solved fewer than one in six homicides in the first half of 2018

Video captures Chicago police officers ‘lounging’ in congressman’s burglarized office

Disbanding, then interviewing the cops for the new force, allows them to not have to keep the bad cops with the bad records, that they were forced to keep, due to the Union.

I think disbanding the force, and reconstructing it as a new police force, disbands the union, protecting the bad guys right now.

Reducing funds, also takes away other responsibilities that the police were funded for, like potential suicide calls, where mental health authorities would be sent, instead of untrained cops, that could inadvertently escalate the situation....is just one example.

Or in smaller cities, cut the police budget on their never ending buying of ex military SURPLUS like tanks etc, when that money could be better spent to improve communities.
Who's talking about replacing them?

It’s probably much worse than 50%. And besides, I doubt very much cold cases get much attention there.
Chicago police solved fewer than one in six homicides in the first half of 2018
Your post arouse my curiosity gipper so I did a web search and...well you're right. They have many cold cases in Chicago (some of them are very old...for example 2 sisters killed in 1956 :()
Luckily at least some cold cases are solved
Guilty Plea In Suburban Cold-Case Murder

Forum List

Back