🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What would happen if Chicago police were defunded?

Very few in power want to "defund" the cops. Even the Mayor of Minneapolis and the Mayor of St Paul have backtracked on this one. It's about police REFORM and TRAINING. It's about ridding departments of bad apples.

This Trump Law & Order BS is a non-starter.

You wrote "Ridding bad apples"... How many "bad apples" are there? Define a "bad apple". At what point does
a cop become a "bad apple"?

Derek Chauvin, a 19-year department veteran who was the subject of at least a dozen police conduct complaints that resulted in no disciplinary action and one that led to a "letter of reprimand." The officer, who was praised for valor during his career, also once fired his weapon during an encounter with a suspect, records show.
Was he a "bad apple" after 19 years and no disciplinary actions from 12 conduct complaints? Or should he have been mustered out as a "bad apple" the FIRST time? Is that what "people" want... Jesus figures as COPS i.e. a perfect person?

I'm just not convinced there are enough "Jesus" type people that can become the "PERFECT" cop. To totally without logic or rational thought "defund" the police is worse than what Chauvin did. Talk about "innocent" people dying!

Considering the fact his wife left him the moment he was locked up....Seems pretty obvious

Also police have a 40% domestic violence rate lol

So just by that one metric alone just under half are bad apples.
Blacks have a 79% domestic violence rate. By that one metric alone, just over three quarters are bad apples..

Disbanding, then interviewing the cops for the new force, allows them to not have to keep the bad cops with the bad records, that they were forced to keep, due to the Union.

I think disbanding the force, and reconstructing it as a new police force, disbands the union, protecting the bad guys right now.

Reducing funds, also takes away other responsibilities that the police were funded for, like potential suicide calls, where mental health authorities would be sent, instead of untrained cops, that could inadvertently escalate the situation....is just one example.

Or in smaller cities, cut the police budget on their never ending buying of ex military SURPLUS like tanks etc, when that money could be better spent to improve communities.
This could have been done a long time ago. A convenient election year issue with another dead criminal set up as a martyr.
No one could time Arbery, with an ex cop involved and Floyd, coupled with a pandemic stay at home confinement orders, being released from this captivity, and economy reopening, with millions of people being unemployed with time on their hands to protest, in an election year....

In other words, unforeseen happenstance, (like an act of God) pulled that all together to happen the way it did....imo.
BUT the MSM helped fan the flames...all because they donated 96% to Hillary and LOST! The MSM hates that Trump won and have done everything to put him, the USA, the values of America at risk. The only solution is for more and more Americans to understand this dynamic...i.e. the MSM has truly fanned the flames. Made things worse than they really are. All because their candidate lost.
In 2016, a study by the Center for Public Integrity showed that 96% of campaign donations by journalists went to Hillary Clinton, compared to just 3.5% which went to Trump.
While coverage of President Obama included 59% favorable content among the 10 news outlets compared to 41% negative, coverage of President Trump has included a whopping 80% of reporting that is negative in tone, with just 20% that is positive.

Disbanding, then interviewing the cops for the new force, allows them to not have to keep the bad cops with the bad records, that they were forced to keep, due to the Union.

I think disbanding the force, and reconstructing it as a new police force, disbands the union, protecting the bad guys right now.

Reducing funds, also takes away other responsibilities that the police were funded for, like potential suicide calls, where mental health authorities would be sent, instead of untrained cops, that could inadvertently escalate the situation....is just one example.

Or in smaller cities, cut the police budget on their never ending buying of ex military SURPLUS like tanks etc, when that money could be better spent to improve communities.

Sounds like someone doesn't understand the definition of "defunding".
Apparently, she thinks hood rats will get the job, and who needs a paycheck when you can loot to your heart's content???

Very few in power want to "defund" the cops. Even the Mayor of Minneapolis and the Mayor of St Paul have backtracked on this one. It's about police REFORM and TRAINING. It's about ridding departments of bad apples.

You wrote "Ridding bad apples"... How many "bad apples" are there? Define a "bad apple". At what point does

Derek Chauvin, a 19-year department veteran who was the subject of at least a dozen police conduct complaints that resulted in no disciplinary action and one that led to a "letter of reprimand." The officer, who was praised for valor during his career, also once fired his weapon during an encounter with a suspect, records show.
Was he a "bad apple" after 19 years and no disciplinary actions from 12 conduct complaints? Or should he have been mustered out as a "bad apple" the FIRST time? Is that what "people" want... Jesus figures as COPS i.e. a perfect person?

I'm just not convinced there are enough "Jesus" type people that can become the "PERFECT" cop. To totally without logic or rational thought "defund" the police is worse than what Chauvin did. Talk about "innocent" people dying!

Considering the fact his wife left him the moment he was locked up....Seems pretty obvious

Blacks have a 79% domestic violence rate. By that one metric alone, just over three quarters are bad apples..

That maybe. And maybe that explains why Floyd died... he couldn't do what someone in authority asked... DON"T RESIST!! See I really don't understand why the majority of people don't comprehend the extreme wasted time that a cop spends when making an arrest. I mean here is a fact:
Generally, police officers are only allowed to use the minimum amount of force necessary to protect themselves and bring the suspect into police custody.
This is why people are advised to never resist an arrest or argue with police, even if they believe the arrest is wrongful since resistance could lead to the use of more force.
FACT: Paperwork takes on average 1 to 2 hours for 45% of arrests.
Documenting an arrest can take several hours of an officer’s time and require as many as 13 different forms, taking valuable time away from other enforcement activities. On average, 45 percent of arrests take one to two hours, but half of the officers surveyed in a recent report said it takes in excess of two hours. Such time-consuming documentation can discourage officers from making impaired driving arrests. It can also lead to frustration, errors or incomplete details in reports that can limit a prosecutor’s ability to obtain a conviction.

So think how much wasted time the Floyd arresting officers have now spent...just on this one arrest!

Chicago suffers deadliest day in 60 years with 18 murders in 24 hours
In the entire weekend stretching from 7 p.m. Friday, May 29, through 11 p.m. Sunday, May 31, 24 people were killed in Chcago and another 85 were wounded by gunfire.

Chicago Police department budgets have ballooned across the nation in recent years. Out of a city total budget of $11.65 billion, CPD's budget is $1.78 billion.

Seems pretty obvious BUT clearly has been a political issue confined to these large cities...
View attachment 347920
If they refund them the Police Union needs to call a " Blue Out" and walk off the job on strike.

Sounds like someone doesn't understand the definition of "defunding".
Apparently, she thinks hood rats will get the job, and who needs a paycheck when you can loot to your heart's content???
Put her address out there in public. She would move out of town and resign.

The Black ghetto problem would be solved because they would all kill one another.

There's always a token firing or two for the sake of political correctness, but then the police union steps in and in effect it's just a "lateral transfer" to a different town.

This we can agree on. 12 year old Tamar Rice's murderer was hired without a background check.

He was protected by the police union - Time to reform their asses too!

Republicans want to do away with union, but not police unions that lobby congress, vote in a DA's to do them favors, and vote republican.
And Democrats want Welfare and Food Stamps and permission to commit blue collar crimes.

You know I didn't believe your statement as you didn't have the courtesy to back it up with a source.
But you are right...https://kutv.com/news/local/40-of-police-officer-families-experience-domestic-violence-study-says
That % is valid. BUT then I did a little more research and found that
every year..10 million people have domestic violence. SO does that make 40% bad apples...?
  • On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men.1
  • 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have experienced some form of physical violence by an intimate partner. This includes a range of behaviors (e.g. slapping, shoving,
Again the difference between you and me is I deal with reality.
We can't fire 40% of cops because Domestic violence when 10 million people have domestic violence per year!

But the solution is NOT ridding"bad apples" but clearly paying more for "GOOD apples" AND educating people like you NOT to jump to conclusions based on the really biased MSM presentations! Remember the MSM ONLY makes money when you respond to BAD news... i.e. Floyd shooting... bad news... Officer Dorn, black cop for 30 years killed.. bad news but NOT enough to equal the criminal Floyd's resistance death.

Domestic violence incidents (aside from murder or severe beatings) can be handled by mental health and/or women't protection services. Cops might have to deal with 10% of these.

EMT's can handle other emergencies. Fire department can handle fires.

PS: Do you think a black man's life is worth more than 20 bucks.

You know I didn't believe your statement as you didn't have the courtesy to back it up with a source.
But you are right...https://kutv.com/news/local/40-of-police-officer-families-experience-domestic-violence-study-says
every year..10 million people have domestic violence. SO does that make 40% bad apples...?
  • On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men.1
  • 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have experienced some form of physical violence by an intimate partner. This includes a range of behaviors (e.g. slapping, shoving,
We can't fire 40% of cops because Domestic violence when 10 million people have domestic violence per year!

But the solution is NOT ridding"bad apples" but clearly paying more for "GOOD apples" AND educating people like you NOT to jump to conclusions based on the really biased MSM presentations! Remember the MSM ONLY makes money when you respond to BAD news... i.e. Floyd shooting... bad news... Officer Dorn, black cop for 30 years killed.. bad news but NOT enough to equal the criminal Floyd's resistance death.

Domestic violence incidents (aside from murder or severe beatings) can be handled by mental health and/or women't protection services. Cops might have to deal with 10% of these.

You can't buy black people anymore...

Mental health or women's protective services? Aren't those all private companies? We'll have to hang on to those yellow pages.

You can't buy black people anymore...

Certainly not for 20 bucks, not even the ones that charge by the hour.

Domestic violence cases are the most dangerous for cops....

People keep their guns and other weapons at home

Most of the time Americans will run from police if possible, very few will stand and fight unless they're at home.

Which is why we send armed police everywhere. We're going to send in social workers like sacrificial lambs when we let cops do whatever to protect their own miserable lives? That's absurd on the face of it

Improve the communities how? Be specific? How do we stop the single parent pandemic?

They don’t do a good job of policing and they solve less then 50% of the murders. Might want to try something different rather than continue the failure.
Only 50%? This is looks strange to me because I read that many cold cases are now solved (or are going to be solved) thanks to new genealogical DNA tests :eusa_think::eusa_think:

They don’t do a good job of policing and they solve less then 50% of the murders. Might want to try something different rather than continue the failure.
Only 50%? This is looks strange to me because I read that many cold cases are now solved (or are going to be solved) thanks to new genealogical DNA tests :eusa_think::eusa_think:
One more reason not to use 23 And Me...

Domestic violence cases are the most dangerous for cops....

People keep their guns and other weapons at home

Most of the time Americans will run from police if possible, very few will stand and fight unless they're at home.

Which is why we send armed police everywhere. We're going to send in social workers like sacrificial lambs when we let cops do whatever to protect their own miserable lives? That's absurd on the face of it

If some asshole is threatening his wife with a gun, then of course a GOOD cop with a badge and a gun will be required. These cases are rare. Most are arguments.

Forum List

Back