🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What would it take to make the GOP a "coalition" party like the Democrats?

Actually, I would like to see the Republican Party return to the values they had when I was a Republican

A party of compassion. A party that cares about all Americans. A party that is willing to work in a bipartisan fashion. A party that has definable goals and is not in business just to say NO.

Beginning to build an actual coalition of voices that are not GOP Yes Men would be a good start

first, you were never a republican, you are a dem/lib troll.

the tea party faction of the GOP is exactly what you say you want. It has the values of the constitution as its basis, it is inclusive, it is patriotic, it cares about real americans.

But thats not really what you want, is it? You want the same marxist collectivist kind of society that obama is trying to ram up our butts.

I don't believe that you are what you claim to be.

Actually, I am still a registered Republican in the State of New Jersey and have never voted a straight ticket in my life. I voted for Reagan and Daddy Bush four times. I left the party when they took a radical turn to the far right in the mid 90s. Haven't looked back since

what specifically was the "radical turn to the far right" ? Impeaching clinton for lying under oath? wanting a balanced budget? wanting to stop illegal immigration? sensible energy policy? what exactly are the radical right ideas that you object to?

first, you were never a republican, you are a dem/lib troll.

the tea party faction of the GOP is exactly what you say you want. It has the values of the constitution as its basis, it is inclusive, it is patriotic, it cares about real americans.

But thats not really what you want, is it? You want the same marxist collectivist kind of society that obama is trying to ram up our butts.

I don't believe that you are what you claim to be.

Actually, I am still a registered Republican in the State of New Jersey and have never voted a straight ticket in my life. I voted for Reagan and Daddy Bush four times. I left the party when they took a radical turn to the far right in the mid 90s. Haven't looked back since

what specifically was the "radical turn to the far right" ? Impeaching clinton for lying under oath? wanting a balanced budget? wanting to stop illegal immigration? sensible energy policy? what exactly are the radical right ideas that you object to?

The Republican reaction to the Clinton administration was the start of their downfall. Newt Gingrich brought in a whole new breed of Republican that refused to negotiate and were more concerned with rightwing doctrine than moving the country forward. It was more than the blowjob, but that showed how petty and vindictive the party had become. It was also the endless Whitewater investigations, the shutting down of government for no good reason

It made me question....Is this the type of party I want to be affiliated with?

are there no women, hispanics, and minorities in the GOP? are there no conservative women, hispanics, and minorities?

women, hispanics, and minorites do not want to be "reached out to" they want a country that gives them an equal chance, does not tell them how to live, and does not tax them into poverty as the dem party has done.

Whatever the Republicans are doing, it is not working. Playing the....Look everyone......We have (blacks, hispanics, women) too!
Is not working out too well at the polls

Republicans need actual programs and political positions that attract and do not chase away minorities

They have, the GOP controlled house has passed several budget bills and other legislation that would help minorites, Reid has not let a single bill get to the floor of the senate for a vote.

The ACA was passed without any open discussion, no GOP amendments were allowed to reach the floor for vote. They had many good ideas, but the dems blocked them and forced a terrible piece of legislation up the collective asses of americans.

If you had, you would actually have minorities voting Republican

Instead. GOP legislation and blocking tactics are driving away minorities. The Immigration Bill has passed the Senate with bipartisan support and there are enough votes in the House to make it the law of the land
Why won't Boehner bring it up for a vote?

link, link, link, & link?

BTW- the Democrats enacted racial civil rights in their party's platform in 1948. Thats when conservatives started abandoning the Dems and going to the Repubs. Your argument is long-past, invalid. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200 :eusa_hand:

Link historical fact? You are such a loser. By the way you believe the magical party switch huh? Explain Gore, Byrd, Kennedy, and all the rest of the racist democrats ? You are nothing more then a lying hack.

The Democrat Party’s Long and Shameful History of Bigotry and Racism

History Of The Democrats And The KKK.....(Why the Democrats started the KKK)

Democrats and slavery | WashingtonExaminer.com

Oh by the way Civil rights amendment a REPUBLICAN BILL was only signed by a democrat president because he wanted to and I quote " Get those ******* voting democrat"

Thanks for pointing out that Republicans of 50 years ago used to actually support civil rights

Many people don't remember that

It shows how great the party used to be

another lie from another progressive pig. Those racists stayed in the democrat party. Fact the democrat party if the party of racism and slavery.

Link historical fact? You are such a loser. By the way you believe the magical party switch huh? Explain Gore, Byrd, Kennedy, and all the rest of the racist democrats ? You are nothing more then a lying hack.

The Democrat Party’s Long and Shameful History of Bigotry and Racism

History Of The Democrats And The KKK.....(Why the Democrats started the KKK)

Democrats and slavery | WashingtonExaminer.com

Oh by the way Civil rights amendment a REPUBLICAN BILL was only signed by a democrat president because he wanted to and I quote " Get those ******* voting democrat"

Thanks for pointing out that Republicans of 50 years ago used to actually support civil rights

another lie from another progressive pig. Those racists stayed in the democrat party. Fact the democrat party if the party of racism and slavery.

Do ideologies in political parties change from time to time, or have the Republicans ALWAYS been Conservative and the Democrats ALWAYS been Liberal?

Do ideologies in political parties change from time to time, or have the Republicans ALWAYS been Conservative and the Democrats ALWAYS been Liberal?
You think they changed? With the support of Abortion to control black population and keeping them on welfare so they stay in their ghetto slave pens? No they didnt change. The only difference now is they incorporated black racists in to their party and used these house Negroes to keep the black people oppressed.

The Republican reaction to the Clinton administration was the start of their downfall. Newt Gingrich brought in a whole new breed of Republican that refused to negotiate and were more concerned with rightwing doctrine than moving the country forward. It was more than the blowjob, but that showed how petty and vindictive the party had become. It was also the endless Whitewater investigations, the shutting down of government for no good reason

Newt and clinton worked together to reform welfare and to balance the budget--how does that reflect negatively on either one of them? Clinton actually did his job after the shutdown, he found a compromise and it worked for everyone. The shutdown was for a good and valid reason, and it worked for the country.

the clinton impeachment was not about a BJ, it was about lying under oath. Nixon would have been impeached for lying, but his was not under oath and he did the right thing and spared the country the turmoil of an impeachment hearing.

whitewater was about corruption and theft. It was proven but never prosecuted.

you have a strange way of remembering those years, if you are being genuine, which I still question.

Newt and clinton worked together to reform welfare and to balance the budget--how does that reflect negatively on either one of them? Clinton actually did his job after the shutdown, he found a compromise and it worked for everyone. The shutdown was for a good and valid reason, and it worked for the country.

the clinton impeachment was not about a BJ, it was about lying under oath. Nixon would have been impeached for lying, but his was not under oath and he did the right thing and spared the country the turmoil of an impeachment hearing.

you have a strange way of remembering those years, if you are being genuine, which I still question.

Actually, Newt forced the shutdown over a hissy fit because he was disrespected on Air Force 1. Typical of Republicans of today but unique for the time

newt-gingrich-baby.jpg

Last edited:

Actually, Newt forced the shutdown over a hissy fit because he was disrespected on Air Force 1. Typical of Republicans of today but unique for the time

newt-gingrich-baby.jpg

Your stupidity is amazing.

You think they changed? With the support of Abortion to control black population and keeping them on welfare so they stay in their ghetto slave pens? No they didnt change. The only difference now is they incorporated black racists in to their party and used these house Negroes to keep the black people oppressed.

You seem like a person whose mind is pretty much made up and set in concrete. Perhaps I should not waste a lot of time trying to reason with you. I just wonder how you formed such intractable positions?

newt-gingrich-baby.jpg

like I said, your view of history is very strange. But that post confirms what I thought about you all along------you are nothing but a libtard talking point repeater and a blatant liar.

You seem like a person whose mind is pretty much made up and set in concrete. Perhaps I should not waste a lot of time trying to reason with you. I just wonder how you formed such intractable positions?

I am the person who sees Democrats for what they are. Many who vote democrat dont see them for what they are. Any person with a modercum of common sense can see the truth about them.

newt-gingrich-baby.jpg

like I said, your view of history is very strange. But that post confirms what I thought about you all along------you are nothing but a libtard talking point repeater and a blatant liar.

Business | Gingrich: Snub Caused Impasse -- Treatment On Air Force One Blamed | Seattle Times Newspaper

WASHINGTON - President Clinton said today he was "sorry and surprised" if House Speaker Newt Gingrich took offense at the way he had been treated on Air Force One.

Gingrich complained yesterday that in 24 hours of flying to and from the Jerusalem funeral of slain Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin last week Clinton failed to discuss their budget differences - and made Gingrich and Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole, R-Kan., sit in the back of the plane and leave by the rear exit.

The speaker said his personal pique helped prompt the partial shutdown of the federal government.

The alleged "snub," the Georgia Republican told reporters, was "part of why you ended up with us sending down a tougher continuing resolution" - the stopgap spending bill that Clinton vetoed Monday, leading to the shutdown.

"It's petty, but I think it's human," Gingrich said of his reaction.

newt-gingrich-baby.jpg

Business | Gingrich: Snub Caused Impasse -- Treatment On Air Force One Blamed | Seattle Times Newspaper

WASHINGTON - President Clinton said today he was "sorry and surprised" if House Speaker Newt Gingrich took offense at the way he had been treated on Air Force One.

Gingrich complained yesterday that in 24 hours of flying to and from the Jerusalem funeral of slain Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin last week Clinton failed to discuss their budget differences - and made Gingrich and Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole, R-Kan., sit in the back of the plane and leave by the rear exit.

The speaker said his personal pique helped prompt the partial shutdown of the federal government.

The alleged "snub," the Georgia Republican told reporters, was "part of why you ended up with us sending down a tougher continuing resolution" - the stopgap spending bill that Clinton vetoed Monday, leading to the shutdown.

"It's petty, but I think it's human," Gingrich said of his reaction.

LOL, an op ed in the Seattle times--------now there's a unbiased source :cuckoo:

but the facts remain, Newt and Clinton made a deal that worked in the best interests of the citizens of the USA. Obama has refused to follow Clinton's example.

I am the person who sees Democrats for what they are. Many who vote democrat dont see them for what they are. Any person with a modercum of common sense can see the truth about them.
Who could have imagined that something like the Democrat Party could be so monolithic? You'd never know it by attending one of their national conventions!

Who could have imagined that something like the Democrat Party could be so monolithic? You'd never know it by attending one of their national conventions!

nope, not monollithic. two factions in the dem party: the ruling elite, and those on govt handouts. Wow! what a great combination for america.

nope, not monollithic. two factions in the dem party: the ruling elite, and those on govt handouts. Wow! what a great combination for america.

Your characterization of the DNC could be fairly applied to the GOP. Two factions. Tea Party radicals and the Country club pro-business set. Neither of which will benefit the vast majority of working class American households. And, oddly enough, neither GOP faction seems interested in reaching out to an ever changing demographic. How does that bode for the future of the GOP?

Your characterization of the DNC could be fairly applied to the GOP. Two factions. Tea Party radicals and the Country club pro-business set. Neither of which will benefit the vast majority of working class American households. And, oddly enough, neither GOP faction seems interested in reaching out to an ever changing demographic. How does that bode for the future of the GOP?

thats simply not true. Marco Rubio, Alan West, Nicky Haley, Deneen Borelli, Thomas Sowell, Bobby Jindal, just to name a few minorities in the GOP.

the future of the GOP is very bright, full of smart people with good ideas and a good understand of what freedom and the constitution are all about.

the continual demonization by the left just shows how deep their fear of the GOP really is.

Right now the GOP is 90% white. If other groups are growing faster than the GOP then eventually, they will have to actually try to attract people with sense. How will they do that?

Promise free shit to people while raping their ass in the process like the Democrats do? :dunno:

thats simply not true. Marco Rubio, Alan West, Nicky Haley, Deneen Borelli, Thomas Sowell, Bobby Jindal, just to name a few minorities in the GOP.

the future of the GOP is very bright, full of smart people with good ideas and a good understand of what freedom and the constitution are all about.

the continual demonization by the left just shows how deep their fear of the GOP really is.

Doesn't address the problem that minorities refuse to vote for the GOP. It comes down to more than minority faces and depends on GOP positions that chase minorities away

Until the GOP learns that America has changed, they will remain a party for older, white, christian males

Forum List

Back