🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What would it take to make the GOP a "coalition" party like the Democrats?

Keep the far right, but reach out sincerely to women, Hispanics, and minorities.

How do you do that with the Tea Party?

By republican leaders quickly and forcefully denouncing ignorance and stupidity when exhibited by the TPM.

Much of the problem with ‘legitimate rape,’ for example, was the failure of leading republicans to clearly repudiate the moronic notion.

There were even republican leaders in the House who bought into the nonsense:

[Paul] Ryan has the same antiabortion position as [Todd] Akin — no exceptions — and some of the nearly 40 abortion bills he has co-sponsored have provided no exemption for rape victims.

Paul Ryan?s ?legitimate problem? - Washington Post

It’s this type of reckless and irresponsible rightwing extremism that sane, traditional republicans must demand be brought to an end.

You don't have to convince me, you have to convince the voters

Right now, Republicans are doing a pretty poor job of convincing voters that they are not only for the rich

Again.....the whole complicit media spreading the DNC talking points. It's hard to counter when they only tell one side of the story.

Yet more deflection and idiocy from the right.

The voters don’t believe you; they’re not interested in republicans lying about the ‘liberal media’; they don’t want to hear republicans whining about how 'unfair' everything is, how republicans are perpetual victims, forever at the mercy of the ‘evil liberal elite.’

That voters reject all things republican has nothing to do with ‘the media,’ voters hear the republican message loud and clear – they’re hearing the GOP’s message and they are rejecting it.
Republicans are great at making excuses and picking fights. In order to win and secure a sustainable voter base, they should concentrate on making sound policy choices and winning fights. "Liberal media" as a Republican boogeyman has worn out its welcome in the face of Tea Party zealotry.

44% of women voted for Romney
45% of men voted for Obama

But nobody talks about Dems reaching out men or white men.

The gender gap is not new:
Reagan 1980: +19 men; +2 women
Reagan 1984: +25 men; +12 women
Bush 1988: +16 men; +1 women
Clinton 1992: +8 women; +3 men
Clinton 1996: +16 women; -1 men
Bush 2000: +11 men; -11 women
Bush 2004: +11 men; -3 women
Obama 2008: +13 women; +1 men
Obama 2012: +11 women; -7 men

Right now the GOP is 90% white. If other groups are growing faster than the GOP then eventually, they will have to actually try to attract people with sense. How will they do that?

Well, they are in fact a coalition party. Their big tent encompasses conservatives, ultra conservatives, rich, ultra rich, conspiracy loons, teabaggers, gun nuts, Bible thumpers, war hawks, xenophobes, racists, dittoheads, and lemmings. All they have to attract are more lemmings who will vote against their own interests.

Since we are talking about the need for the GOP to build a coalition

Republicans have elected six (yes six) black Congressmen, Senators, Governors, Presidents in the last 100 years

Some coalition
And yet reality tells a different tale, as it so often does when progressives claim something.

Tea Party Fuels Surge of Minorities Into Office - NationalJournal.com

After the 2010 wave election, Republicans saw the number of minorities in their ranks in Congress and governors’ mansions jump from three to 14. And most of these candidates, from Rep. Tim Scott and Gov. Nikki Haley in South Carolina to Rep. Raul Labrador in Idaho, caught a tailwind of antiestablishment fervor.​
Now go ahead and say the non-black minorities don't count. You know you want to.

Republicans have only elected six black representatives in the last 100 years.

The liberal obsession with race will make racially-motivated voting stronger in the future.

Why the hell should a legal hispanic immigrant, or a US citizen of hispanic descent, should feel personally offended because many people oppose amnesty? That's a tribal mentality that does not belong to a modern open society.

Right now the GOP is 90% white. If other groups are growing faster than the GOP then eventually, they will have to actually try to attract people with sense. How will they do that?

Well, they are in fact a coalition party. Their big tent encompasses conservatives, ultra conservatives, rich, ultra rich, conspiracy loons, teabaggers, gun nuts, Bible thumpers, war hawks, xenophobes, racists, dittoheads, and lemmings. All they have to attract are more lemmings who will vote against their own interests.

dont get too cocky Boril.....there are plenty of Lemmings in the other Pasture.....

Prove that. Democrats are racist pigs Thats easy to prove seeing as they held slaves, Created the KKK, Jim crow laws, support abortion to keep the black and female populous down, And keeps blacks in poverty.

link, link, link, & link?

BTW- the Democrats enacted racial civil rights in their party's platform in 1948. Thats when conservatives started abandoning the Dems and going to the Repubs. Your argument is long-past, invalid. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200 :eusa_hand:

These people think that Lincoln must have been a "confederate". Ask them if Lincoln was a confederate and they won't answer. They know confederates are the good guys and Republican and Lincoln was a Republican but they also know confederates are pro slavery and fought against those that wanted to keep slavery. It's all so confusing for their tiny minds so while they can't come out and say for sure Lincoln was a confederate, they can't figure out why he wasn't.

The liberal obsession with race will make racially-motivated voting stronger in the future.

Why the hell should a legal hispanic immigrant, or a US citizen of hispanic descent, should feel personally offended because many people oppose amnesty? That's a tribal mentality that does not belong to a modern open society.

Republicans are 90% white but it's Democrats, the diverse Party that's obsessed with race. Can you understand how ridiculous that is?

Republicans are 90% white but it's Democrats, the diverse Party that's obsessed with race. Can you understand how ridiculous that is?

I think it is the southern and central fly over country CULUTRE is the reason for this.

Not really about race as the northern whites aren't like this.

I love when the lefties here sound off on how to "fix" the republican party...
And their answer is always that it needs to be more like the democrat party......

HUH?

And their answer is always that it needs to be more like the democrat party......

HUH?

I hope they don't change a thing.

HUH?

No mainstream Republican here as said that at all. Not once.

Since we are talking about the need for the GOP to build a coalition

Republicans have elected six (yes six) black Congressmen, Senators, Governors, Presidents in the last 100 years

Some coalition
And yet reality tells a different tale, as it so often does when progressives claim something.

After the 2010 wave election, Republicans saw the number of minorities in their ranks in Congress and governors’ mansions jump from three to 14. And most of these candidates, from Rep. Tim Scott and Gov. Nikki Haley in South Carolina to Rep. Raul Labrador in Idaho, caught a tailwind of antiestablishment fervor.​
Now go ahead and say the non-black minorities don't count. You know you want to.

So the non-black minorities don't count. I knew you wouldn't let me down, you stupid racist piece of crap! :thup:

So the non-black minorities don't count. I knew you wouldn't let me down, you stupid racist piece of crap! :thup:

Something like 80% of blacks are liberal. :eusa_whistle:

HUH?

Having a Dem Party and a Dem Party Lite is what fucked up this nation.

No, they don't count

Because as a party, the Republicans are slipping further and further behind in appealing to minorities
They think they can resolve it by trotting out some minority faces. That it will make it all better somehow
But it is the narrow mindedness, the meanness when it comes to minorities that drive them away from the once grand old party

No, they don't count

Because as a party, the Republicans are slipping further and further behind in appealing to minorities
They think they can resolve it by trotting out some minority faces. That it will make it all better somehow
But it is the narrow mindedness, the meanness when it comes to minorities that drive them away from the once grand old party

The republican party is a little extreme but I believe that is because of the anti-government mindset within the base. Most minorities aren't anti-government.

No, they don't count

Ahhh. So all those minorities were elected as a scam to make people think the GOP is minority-friendly. ALL those Republicans who voted for them all got together and decided to elect minorities.

Or, as is more likely, you're just a stupid bastard.

Forum List

Back