What Would You Do?

Just being honest...if it was the guy - I would ask him what the f*ck is he doing, and probably call him a dumbass.
Because if I could see them, so could anyone else. But I would not tell his wife.
If it was the woman...I would say nothing to either one.

.... you are very close friends with a couple (you are equally close to both) and happened to see one of them having a make out session with someone other than their significant other in a car.

What would you do?
What SHOULD you do?
I would whip out my phone, take a picture and send to the other partner anonymously so I'm not directly involved and don't catch shit for what someone else does.

.... you are very close friends with a couple (you are equally close to both) and happened to see one of them having a make out session with someone other than their significant other in a car.

What would you do?
What SHOULD you do?
I would whip out my phone, take a picture and send to the other partner anonymously so I'm not directly involved and don't catch shit for what someone else does.

better make sure you always carry a "burn phone" with you at all times.... or an untraceable email account at least.....

What would you do?
What SHOULD you do?

better make sure you always carry a "burn phone" with you at all times.... or an untraceable email account at least.....
You mean like the gmail account that I use for this site? :D

What would you do?
What SHOULD you do?

oh they have all kinds of things out there - one and done email accounts.....

How to create an anonymous email account

Now it’s time to get communicating anonymously. One thing you don’t want to do is choose a mainstream service like Gmail, Outlook.com, or Yahoo. These services require a mobile phone number and other identifying information at sign-up, which defeats the entire purpose of an anonymous email account.
hushmaillogo-100356890-small.gif

Two good options are Hushmail and the Disposable Inbox from VPN provider Hide My Ass. Hushmail has had some issues with privacy. Nevertheless, notable privacy-conscious types such as the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Phil Zimmermann, the creator of PGP encryption, recommend the service.
The solution from Hide My Ass isn’t perfect either. At sign-up, for example, the company asks for your real email address so they can notify you when you have new messages. This is not a good idea since having your official account connected to your anonymous account defeats what we’re trying to accomplish.
Hide My Ass does not require you to supply your real email so just don’t bother to put that in.
A nice feature of Hide My Ass’s disposable inbox is that you can set the email address to disappear after 24 hours or up to a year.

Maybe they have an open marriage or are swingers or something. Do you know the private details of your closest friends' lives? I don't and maybe its for the best that I don't.

Me, I just walk away. No blackmail attempts, no butting in, no feeling morally superior, no intervention, just pretend it never happened.

What would you do?
What SHOULD you do?

oh they have all kinds of things out there - one and done email accounts.....

How to create an anonymous email account

Now it’s time to get communicating anonymously. One thing you don’t want to do is choose a mainstream service like Gmail, Outlook.com, or Yahoo. These services require a mobile phone number and other identifying information at sign-up, which defeats the entire purpose of an anonymous email account.
hushmaillogo-100356890-small.gif

Two good options are Hushmail and the Disposable Inbox from VPN provider Hide My Ass. Hushmail has had some issues with privacy. Nevertheless, notable privacy-conscious types such as the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Phil Zimmermann, the creator of PGP encryption, recommend the service.
The solution from Hide My Ass isn’t perfect either. At sign-up, for example, the company asks for your real email address so they can notify you when you have new messages. This is not a good idea since having your official account connected to your anonymous account defeats what we’re trying to accomplish.
Hide My Ass does not require you to supply your real email so just don’t bother to put that in.
A nice feature of Hide My Ass’s disposable inbox is that you can set the email address to disappear after 24 hours or up to a year.
These services require a mobile phone number and other identifying information at sign-up,

No they don't, I use them all the time to buy stuff...

Maybe they have an open marriage or are swingers or something. Do you know the private details of your closest friends' lives? I don't and maybe its for the best that I don't.

Me, I just walk away. No blackmail attempts, no butting in, no feeling morally superior, no intervention, just pretend it never happened.
Blackmail, now THERE'S an idea!!! :D

If I was involved in the scenario described in the OP I would definitely consider it my business in as much as I would be subjected to the possible deceitful behavior of the one in the car. That would place my ability to trust the word of that person into question. They may have a very good reason to conduct themselves this way, who knows it may be with the consent of their marriage partner. As far as another person relationship/marriage/friendship etc? I would need more facts before I pass judgement or get involved.

Last edited:

What would you do?
What SHOULD you do?

Assume they're swingers and move on. Not like unheard of. :)

Especially if these are MY firends, the swinger/open marriage scenario is more likely. :)

you think being a swinger is more common than being a cheater?

maybe it would be funny to just join in.....

I would imagine that this person will likely acquire a virus related cancer and or give it to his/her partner. One reaps what one sows.

... in a car.

how serious is that - "you are very close friends" - maybe not as close as you thought ... or now believe.

Forum List

Back