Zone1 what would you say?

Are all OT rules repealed, or just the ones specifically mentioned in the NT? For example, God's people are required to wear tassels with blue thread on their clothes. Assuming Christians are God's people are you still required to wear blue tassels? Tassels aren't mentioned in the NT, so when was that particular rule change?
All are God's people. Jews are a sect that were chosen, by God, to be a people set apart, and to live by rules/customs that were not the norm for others.

In denying the New Testament, would you know the intent of Christianity?
Denying?
Do I think Jeeebers
walked on water? No
Fed the masses with a fish and a jug of wine? No
Do I think there's 5 horsemen riding around destroying everything? FUCK no!

An if you think that you missed the point anyway.

That old law is no longer in effect. And even if it were, it would not apply to you or me. Its jurisdiction extended only to that ancient tribal people we call Israel.
What's the "old law" and what's the "new law?"

Denying?
Do I think Jeeebers
walked on water? No
Fed the masses with a fish and a jug of wine? No
Do I think there's 5 horsemen riding around destroying everything? FUCK no!

An if you think that you missed the point anyway.
And "what", pray tell do you believe the point is/was?

Thou shalt not question The Big Book of Myths and Fables.
Or your own conclusions about them? Sometimes those conclusions are merely inference-observation confusion. An example of this is seeing in myths and fables only the impossible (talking animals are a good example) and inferring since animals can't speak, there is no truth. Should Aesop's Fables be labeled falsehoods or lessons? Are the lessons true?

One is not faithful if they disbelieve that Jesus committed miracles or that the Bible is not true and God's word. One does not get to pick and choose what to believe and what to not believe in the Bible. As for days yes there is no set time for some days, for example the 7 days that God used to create the earth and man are not 24 hour days. but the years of the age of individuals in the bible are our time.
Lol. Literally every believer picks and chooses what they believe of the bible. What YOU believe the bible says is NOT what someone in the 12th century believed the bible said to give an example. Pretty sure your belief in the bible would get you burned at the stake. In the 12th century for instance they believed that the the bible said slavery was alright and that witches existed. Something I'm reasonably certain you wouldn't assert.

The Old Testament is a set of parables, laws and moral codes that predate the birth of Jesus. I don't believe the Ark, for instance.

So yeah, I do not believe in the Bible being the literal word of God. But I am a Christian, albeit a lazy one because church is so boring.

Or your own conclusions about them? Sometimes those conclusions are merely inference-observation confusion. An example of this is seeing in myths and fables only the impossible (talking animals are a good example) and inferring since animals can't speak, there is no truth. Should Aesop's Fables be labeled falsehoods or lessons? Are the lessons true?

That's the whole point.

Lol. Literally every believer picks and chooses what they believe of the bible. What YOU believe the bible says is NOT what someone in the 12th century believed the bible said to give an example. Pretty sure your belief in the bible would get you burned at the stake. In the 12th century for instance they believed that the the bible said slavery was alright and that witches existed. Something I'm reasonably certain you wouldn't assert.

The 12th century? Heck, here in the South, the Bible was used first as justification for slavery and then Segregation well into the 1960s.

Forum List

Back