Zone1 what would you say?

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
what would you say about someone that denied everything that happened in the Bible, defended those attacking the bible and Jesus and still claimed to be Christian?

what would you say about someone that denied everything that happened in the Bible, defended those attacking the bible and Jesus and still claimed to be Christian?
Truth prevails. In each case of 'denial' was it the lesson being taught that was being denied, or was someone saying that certain words or phrases were not meant to be taken literally? For example, many people believe that 'day' in the Genesis creation account should be taken as a 24 hour period. Yet elsewhere in the Bible, 'day' is also used to cover an extended period of time. The lesson in the story does not change no matter how one chooses to define day.

One is not faithful if they disbelieve that Jesus committed miracles or that the Bible is not true and God's word. One does not get to pick and choose what to believe and what to not believe in the Bible. As for days yes there is no set time for some days, for example the 7 days that God used to create the earth and man are not 24 hour days. but the years of the age of individuals in the bible are our time.

One is not faithful if they disbelieve that Jesus committed miracles or that the Bible is not true and God's word. One does not get to pick and choose what to believe and what to not believe in the Bible. As for days yes there is no set time for some days, for example the 7 days that God used to create the earth and man are not 24 hour days. but the years of the age of individuals in the bible are our time.
So how do you determine which parts you can ignore?

we have fair weather Christians that think they get to decide what to believe and what not to believe of God's words.
You certainly have that in your and some of my relatives' denomination.

I bet with in twenty years you will have a polygamous LDS Church, the Church as it is today, and a monogamous LDS church that says Brother Joseph was never plurally married.

People disagree all the time.

I would ask them why they believed they were Christian...

You certainly have that in your and some of my relatives' denomination.

I bet with in twenty years you will have a polygamous LDS Church, the Church as it is today, and a monogamous LDS church that says Brother Joseph was never plurally married.

People disagree all the time.
there are already people that claim to be true LDS that still practice polygamy. They are not LDS.

it doesnt say what you think it says.

Mathew 5:17 ¶ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
That's exactly what I think it says. Why do you think he said that if we can now just ignore the Old Testament?

Forum List

Back