What you economic illiterates don't comprehend!

US has the 2nd highest corporate tax rate. What you illiterates don't understand is that this means businesses are going to avoid USA like plague, opting for China instead. Meanwhile we rack a huge trade deficit and degrade into a 3rd world status soon enough.
Corporations are not avoiding America like the plague. Put down the crack pipe.

There are so many deductions, exemptions, and credits in the corporate tax code that the effective tax rate is much, much lower.

The only corporations who are fucked are the startups trying to replace the sclerotic companies who own our politicians.

Get rid of all the special carve-outs in the tax code, and you can easily lower it to 25 percent.

See post 81.

True, they're not avoiding America, they're just leaving America.

Your claim is that there will be more people in entitlements than in the workforce.

No, that is NOT what I said.

At all.

I'll make it as simple as I can.

You like pictures. Here you go:

worker_per_beneficiary_chart_580.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
UNSUSTAINABLE TREND!

We are living longer.

We should be working longer.

Common. Fricking. Sense.

Your claim is that there will be more people in entitlements than in the workforce.

At all.

UNSUSTAINABLE TREND!

So when you say "how many workers support one social security retiree", what are you basing that calculation on? You don't say. Am I supposed to guess or what? Show your work.

At all.

UNSUSTAINABLE TREND!

And yet, you are the one who supports the social security ponzi scheme until the end.

Not the smartest guy... Anyway we need jobs to pay for this stupidity.

We are living longer. We should be working longer.

Common. Fricking. Sense.

No, that's fucking stupid because a 70 year old has no business in the workforce and all they're doing is holding a job that would otherwise go to a younger worker. That's not good for the worker, it's not good for the company, it's not good for the economy.

At all.

UNSUSTAINABLE TREND!

So when you say "how many workers support one social security retiree", what are you basing that calculation on? You don't say. Am I supposed to guess or what? Show your work.
I told you.

5.4% were over 65 in 1935.

9% were over 65 in 1935. That means there remained a SMALLER percentage in the workforce than 1935.

Today, 15% over 65, which means a MUCH SMALLER percentage in the workforce than 1935.

A shrinking percentage working, supporting a growing percentage in retirement.

Unsustainable.

We are LIVING longer.

We should be WORKING longer.

Common. Fricking. Sense.

Common. Fricking. Sense.

No, that's fucking stupid because a 70 year old has no business in the workforce and all they're doing is holding a job that would otherwise go to a younger worker. That's not good for the worker, it's not good for the company, it's not good for the economy.
A 70 year old is not keeping an 18 year old out of the workforce.

A proper education for tomorrow's jobs is.

The number of workers supporting a retiree is shrinking.

Simple fact.

To shrink that ratio even more by increasing the percentage of retirees is sheer insanity.

Hey once again stupidity on DISPLAY...
Don't you ever read the facts but just shoot off your mouth whatever cliched comments you have been taught?
A) National DEBT grew under Reagan because...

... He cut taxes while increasing defense and infrastructure spending.

In short, he spent like a Keynesian to a degree that would have given FDR a wet dream.

Which would have been fine, if he didn't also cut taxes irresponsibly, going against nearly 50 years of established economic policy. unemployment goes up, you spend more, you tax the rich to pay for it.

If you want to fix the economy

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2017 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2017 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2017 rise in food, shelter, and transportation

Still lying about inflation?

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

Excellent idea!!!
How much were "employee expenses" last year? About $8 trillion?

I think I've discovered a major flaw in your "idea".

Unbelievable!
You people NEVER lived through the 70s when you democrat/liberals really screwed up the economy!

Um, most of the 1970's, we had Republican Presidents.

Yup and I lived through this... plus the really bad indignity of it! I VOTED FOR CARTER!!!
Yup. I believed the ignorant BIASED MSM about Nixon,etc. and did that stupid vote!

I lived through it, too. And the crisis of the 1970's was bad. So were the early 80's when Ronnie Ray-gun tripled the national debt and destroyed the middle class by busting the unions.
History escapes you, huh?

Tell me about ALL those unions he destroyed.

Unbelievable!
You people NEVER lived through the 70s when you democrat/liberals really screwed up the economy!

Um, most of the 1970's, we had Republican Presidents.

Yup and I lived through this... plus the really bad indignity of it! I VOTED FOR CARTER!!!
Yup. I believed the ignorant BIASED MSM about Nixon,etc. and did that stupid vote!

I lived through it, too. And the crisis of the 1970's was bad. So were the early 80's when Ronnie Ray-gun tripled the national debt and destroyed the middle class by busting the unions.
History escapes you, huh?

Tell me about ALL those unions he destroyed.

OH for sure the Air Traffic controllers? Good for him! Of course when it comes to guiding a plane with 100s of souls into landing I'm sure you were in favor of the controller,
one hand on the radar the other holding a "strike" sign. Very professional! Or teachers! My ex was a teacher and she extolled her professionalism. Unlike her current ilk though
that in Florida TODAY are working a strict 40 hours...no more professionals...pure union member.
Reminds me when I was a union member in college of UAW... the idiocy of contract rules.
I had a summer job while going to college in a union factory. I was a "utility" meaning I floated around and helped out. I had a great job of rebuilding pallets that were broken,etc. I'd replace with new lumber and worked at my own pace and it was great. One a load of NEW pallets arrived and the foreman told me to attach a couple of pieces to complete the pallet. Great! Fresh lumber. No dirty pallets. I was working away when the foreman came by and told me
to stop. When asked why he said.."union contract requires only carpenters work on new lumber like this job. You are not a carpenter."
This is a personal experience but what about examples of union contracts that caused management to say screw it... going off shore!

Unions have also displayed a territorial bent that borders on absurdity.
A Wausau, Wis., public employee union stopped an 86-year-old resident from being a volunteer crossing guard. WAOW-TV reported that union representatives didn’t want the man volunteering because it weakened their case to hire a unionized worker instead.

In another case, a Racine, Wis., public employee filed a grievance because inmates were cutting the grass free of charge.
The union worker claimed it was the “right” for government workers to cut the grass, according to the Racine Journal Times.
Wisconsin's Most Outrageous Examples of Union Collective Bargaining

Union Rules were Harder to Digest than Twinkies
As most people know by now, Hostess Brands - the maker of such American junk food staples as Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Wonderbread - announced last week that it had failed to come to terms with the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union and its 5000 striking members, and thus would enter Chapter 11 bankruptcy to unwind the company, sell off its assets and eliminate 18,500 US jobs. The latest news is that Hostess and the union have agreed to enter into mediation in an attempt to prevent the company's dissolution, but Hostess Brands' story remains a very useful example of how government regulations can impose huge costs on US businesses and either drive them offshore or out of business entirely.
Scott Lincicome: Hostess Brands: A Case Study in Government Burdens and Global (Un)competitiveness

"Take grass cutting. As defined by the current United Auto Worker contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top parts makers Delphi and Visteon), an auto "production worker" is a job description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the toilets.
In the real world, these jobs would be outsourced to $8 an hour, no-benefit wage earners,
but on Planet Big Five, these jobs get the same wages as any auto line-worker:
an average $26 an hour ($60,000 a year) plus benefits that bring the company's
total cost per worker to a staggering $65 an hour."
what is the average hourly wage of a UAW auto worker?

OH for sure the Air Traffic controllers? Good for him! Of course when it comes to guiding a plane with 100s of souls into landing I'm sure you were in favor of the controller,
one hand on the radar the other holding a "strike" sign.

Um, yeah, if these guys were striking for better equipment and better hours, which is what the 1981 strike was about, not just money, they had a point.

Or teachers! My ex was a teacher and she extolled her professionalism. Unlike her current ilk though
that in Florida TODAY are working a strict 40 hours...no more professionals...pure union member.

Here's the underlying problem with that argument. The biggest problem with teachers is how fast they burn out. Probably because they go in with all this idealism and they quickly learn- other people's children are generally little bastards. So most new teachers quit teaching in about 5 years. The idiots who think that the solution is to get rid of any workplace protections they have and lower their pay is going to fix THAT problem is deluding himself.

As most people know by now, Hostess Brands - the maker of such American junk food staples as Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Wonderbread - announced last week that it had failed to come to terms with the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union

Okay, here's another lie. The reason why Hostess failed was because the hedge fund that ran that company looted it, then sold off the assets.

HostessDebt.png

Take grass cutting. As defined by the current United Auto Worker contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top parts makers Delphi and Visteon), an auto "production worker" is a job description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the toilets.
In the real world, these jobs would be outsourced to $8 an hour, no-benefit wage earners,

Okay, so I'm curious. Why should the guy who cuts the grass have to live on starvation wages, but the CEO who ran GM into the ground gets an 8 figure salary and a golden parachute after the government bails him out?

Offshore money would be used to pay dividends which would drive up the price of other investments but never trickle down. Apple is not starving for money and is not constrained by taxes. They do what they do because they can. If they wanted to expand, they already would have.

There is no public benefit to cutting corporate rates, only public cost of increased federal debt.

Apple also money launders and deducts it lowering their federal tax.

Sure but the left leaning hipsters like Apple products so we have to talk about someone else. Dang that Walmart!!!!!

one hand on the radar the other holding a "strike" sign.

Um, yeah, if these guys were striking for better equipment and better hours, which is what the 1981 strike was about, not just money, they had a point.

Or teachers! My ex was a teacher and she extolled her professionalism. Unlike her current ilk though

Here's the underlying problem with that argument. The biggest problem with teachers is how fast they burn out. Probably because they go in with all this idealism and they quickly learn- other people's children are generally little bastards. So most new teachers quit teaching in about 5 years. The idiots who think that the solution is to get rid of any workplace protections they have and lower their pay is going to fix THAT problem is deluding himself.

As most people know by now, Hostess Brands - the maker of such American junk food staples as Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Wonderbread - announced last week that it had failed to come to terms with the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union

Okay, here's another lie. The reason why Hostess failed was because the hedge fund that ran that company looted it, then sold off the assets.

HostessDebt.png

Take grass cutting. As defined by the current United Auto Worker contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top parts makers Delphi and Visteon), an auto "production worker" is a job description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the toilets.

Okay, so I'm curious. Why should the guy who cuts the grass have to live on starvation wages, but the CEO who ran GM into the ground gets an 8 figure salary and a golden parachute after the government bails him out?

Um, yeah, if these guys were striking for better equipment and better hours

Is that why they broke the law?

I told you.
5.4% were over 65 in 1935.
9% were over 65 in 1935. That means there remained a SMALLER percentage in the workforce than 1935.
Today, 15% over 65, which means a MUCH SMALLER percentage in the workforce than 1935.
A shrinking percentage working, supporting a growing percentage in retirement.

And you are working from the assumption that the cap on taxable income remains in place. My proposal removes the cap. That's one of the key components of it. So when you were posting that chart before, about how many people it takes to provide benefits for one person, that's working off the assumption that the cap remains in place. What happens if you remove the cap?

Um, yeah, if these guys were striking for better equipment and better hours

Well, no, they didn't. But never mind, you guys have your own history of why Reagan endangered air travelers and broke up the Middle Class being a good thing.

Well, no, they didn't.

At 7 a.m. on August 3, 1981, the union declared a strike, seeking better working conditions, better pay, and a 32-hour workweek (a four-day week and a eight-hour day combined). In addition, PATCO wanted to be excluded from the civil service clauses that it had long disliked. In striking, the union violated 5 U.S.C. (Supp. III 1956) 118p (now 5 U.S.C. § 7311), which prohibits strikes by federal government employees.

Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (1968) - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back