🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Whatever ever happened to the little sign… ‘We have a right to refuse service’?

We don't have a Free Market, no country does, and tampering with food means I will shortly own that business. Most of my clients, who owe me money, are attorneys.

First, you keep stripping out the parts I'm bitch slapping you, LOL.

And here you're changing the dimensions of the point. That we don't have a totally free market doesn't change that for cakes there are endless people who will gladly bake a gay themed cake. There is zero reason government needs to use force.

Now government and government protected monopolies like electricity absolutely should be banned from discrimination based on religion, sexual orientation or other attributes. Not being able to get electricity because you are gay when government forces there to be only one provider would be wrong. But baking a cake? There is no issue.
The courts agree with me, a bakery isn't a church. I strip out your nonsense because no one need bother to read it twice, and there is no gay-themed wedding cake. It's a stupid cake, bake it and move on. That's business.

Ah, the courts agree with you, well, you must be right then...

:cuckoo:

Yes they are ...

Why would you force someone to prepare food for you?? There are films of people urinating in office coffee posts, stories of works urinating in pickle vats, buggers on burgers, etc, etc, etc. Now as an adult if ordered to prepare you food, I would not stoop to such childish acts, but should one or more ingredients be off just slightly then the hero cake could become a zero cake.
Really, you forced me to bake this, will I actually pull out all the stops and give you that dream cake you had your little faggot heart set on, probably not!! Most likely would be sumthen like Betty Crocker cakes out of a box with canned icing and a couple of cheesy Wal-Mart candy toppers.

Do you folks not have any common senses at all!!

This is factually wrong and devoid of any ‘common sense.’

You’re actually making the ‘argument’ that gay Americans should be discriminated against to avoid acts of hate and ignorance exacted upon them by you and others on the right.

Actually this is very telling, and goes to the heart of conservative opposition to public accommodations laws, where most on the right seek to expose gay Americans to a regime of intolerance and hateful threats in the hope that gay Americans might ‘go away,’ and no longer be visible members of public society.

Fortunately this won’t happen, gay Americans are not going to return to a status of being second class citizens, no matter how aggressive and pervasive your hate.

While you would like to put the spin on it that all conservatives are mean and do nasty things, I do not believe the folks that I mentioned had a political designation. To those who have been paying attention the point has been that you never get your best results with force. The old adage "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar." is surely going to be lost here.

Though your quickness to paint others as hateful and ignorant is duly noted as much as your bigoted and stereotypical portrayal of all republicans as being anti gay!

The No ******* or Jews gas station doesn't promote American Freedom. The ability to pull in, regardless of who you are, and buy gas however does.

Freedom includes the freedom to discriminate. It's nonsensical to claim that freedom doesn't promote freedom. The idea that you are not allowed to choose who you do business with is so stupid that only a libturd could have conceived it. It's literally a blank check for government to do whatever it likes to you.
The courts disagree for the same reason we created these laws in the first place, so that everyone could get on with their lives without worrying about whether this restaurant serves our kind. Your argument died, 50 years ago. Time to grow up and deal with reality little ones.

First, you keep stripping out the parts I'm bitch slapping you, LOL.

And here you're changing the dimensions of the point. That we don't have a totally free market doesn't change that for cakes there are endless people who will gladly bake a gay themed cake. There is zero reason government needs to use force.

Now government and government protected monopolies like electricity absolutely should be banned from discrimination based on religion, sexual orientation or other attributes. Not being able to get electricity because you are gay when government forces there to be only one provider would be wrong. But baking a cake? There is no issue.
The courts agree with me, a bakery isn't a church. I strip out your nonsense because no one need bother to read it twice, and there is no gay-themed wedding cake. It's a stupid cake, bake it and move on. That's business.

Ah, the courts agree with you, well, you must be right then...

:cuckoo:
I am, and we are, so what does that make you?

The No ******* or Jews gas station doesn't promote American Freedom. The ability to pull in, regardless of who you are, and buy gas however does.

Freedom includes the freedom to discriminate. It's nonsensical to claim that freedom doesn't promote freedom. The idea that you are not allowed to choose who you do business with is so stupid that only a libturd could have conceived it. It's literally a blank check for government to do whatever it likes to you.
The courts disagree for the same reason we created these laws in the first place, so that everyone could get on with their lives without worrying about whether this restaurant serves our kind. Your argument died, 50 years ago. Time to grow up and deal with reality little ones.

"We won" isn't an argument. It's pure sanctimony, not logic.

Your claim about why the laws exist is also pure trash, as always.

When you force me to bake you a cake you take away my individual freedom to refuse the work!!

My little SHIT STORM OF HYPOCRISY!!
When you bake cakes for a living and you are required by law to treat all people paying for cakes as equals, we have a different name for that, it's called ---------------------------- Doing Your Fucking Job! Grow up and do it.

That's what boot-licking Obama dick sucking drones call it. The rest of us call it tyranny.
What you call it is even more inaccurate than what you think of it.

When you bake cakes for a living and you are required by law to treat all people paying for cakes as equals, we have a different name for that, it's called ---------------------------- Doing Your Fucking Job! Grow up and do it.

That's what boot-licking Obama dick sucking drones call it. The rest of us call it tyranny.
What you call it is even more inaccurate than what you think of it.

Hmmmmm, nope. Both are 100% accurate.

The gay community and the liberals have lost their little Nazi minds. A privately owned business has the right to refuse to conduct business with anybody they want. Period. It's not even open for debate.

Further still, the 1st Amendment affords you the right to practice your religious belief. And the little liberal/gay Nazi community is working so hard to trample on that right as well.

All I can say is that I hope these companies deliver the most dreadful products and services when they are unconstitutionally forced to by the liberal Nazi's. If you're a bakery and you're forced to bake a cake for a gay wedding, I hope you put 70lbs of salt in the cake and make the frosting primarily out of vinegar so that they vomit when they eat it. Then maybe word will spread in their little gay circles that your bakery isn't any good and you can be left the hell alone to conduct your private business as you see fit.

*Note - desperate Nazi liberals will try to spin this as "homophobia" because they need to justify their anti-constitutional Nazi beliefs. However, it is not. I couldn't care less if someone is gay. What I do care about however is when they unconstitutionally force someone to do their bidding because they think being gay makes them special and entitled.

It's an agenda of reeducation

....asked the kkk diner owner after civil rights were passed.

You can ask someone who's being obnoxious to leave but not someone just because they are black or gay. You get that, right?

The gay community and the liberals have lost their little Nazi minds. A privately owned business has the right to refuse to conduct business with anybody they want. Period. It's not even open for debate.

Further still, the 1st Amendment affords you the right to practice your religious belief. And the little liberal/gay Nazi community is working so hard to trample on that right as well.

All I can say is that I hope these companies deliver the most dreadful products and services when they are unconstitutionally forced to by the liberal Nazi's. If you're a bakery and you're forced to bake a cake for a gay wedding, I hope you put 70lbs of salt in the cake and make the frosting primarily out of vinegar so that they vomit when they eat it. Then maybe word will spread in their little gay circles that your bakery isn't any good and you can be left the hell alone to conduct your private business as you see fit.

*Note - desperate Nazi liberals will try to spin this as "homophobia" because they need to justify their anti-constitutional Nazi beliefs. However, it is not. I couldn't care less if someone is gay. What I do care about however is when they unconstitutionally force someone to do their bidding because they think being gay makes them special and entitled.

Personally, I have no issues with gays, but I respect those whose religious beliefs prevent them from accepting the gay marriage. I don't agree, but that is how it goes in a free country. We must respect each other's rights. Period.

As long as no one harms others, then they should be able to express their views and deny service. I cannot understand why someone would even deal with a company that was forced against their will to provide service. The food would have bad karma.

There are many Christian book stores. No one would suggest that they carry books that were anti-religion. What if a person started a Christian bakery? Would that allow them to only serve goods that were in line with their religion?

Also, menus from caterers or even bakeries don't always offer everything a person might want. For instance, a cake topper with two men or two women might not be something many have in stock. A Muslim caterer might not have pork on their available choices. Should the companies be forced to purchase and handle things they find objectionable?

In the 1960s, the Unruh Civil Rights Act was interpreted to provide broad protection from arbitrary discrimination by business owners. Cases decided during that era held that business owners could not discriminate, for example, against hippies, police officers, homosexuals, or Republicans, solely because of who they were.
http://www.legalzoom.com/us-law/equal-rights/right-refuse-service

Here is the info that has validity on why ...

"We won" isn't an argument. It's pure sanctimony, not logic.

Your claim about why the laws exist is also pure trash, as always.
"My" argument is the same one the Supreme Court saw the light of, 50 years. Time to catch up cowboy.

Amazing that you'd even need to say this.

But I'll guarantee you, it does not register with them.

I think the phrase that works here is "Check Your Privilege".

Just sayin'

Our government is pro-gay and anti-Christian, you're full of it

I'm missing the "anti-Christian" part. "Oh, boo-hoo, I can't impose my bronze age superstitions to other people."

Well, that was a different America, before we were discussing how the Constitution was written by rich white slave owners and how the country needed to be fundamentally changed. So that's gone, sorry.

Rather than doing the heavy lifting of working on changing hearts and minds, the narcissistic Left has chosen to instead go with intimidation, conformity and "consequences" for anyone who (currently) thinks differently.

You will conform or else.

Nonsense.

States and local jurisdictions which sought to retain un-Constitutional discriminatory measures bear full responsibility for those measures being invalidated, along with states and local jurisdictions actively seeking to deny citizens their civil liberties today.

This errant mindset is reminiscent of what African-Americans were being told during the 50s and 60 by ‘moderates’ in jurisdictions where segregation was still in place: ‘be patient,’ they were admonished,’ in time things will change,’ when in fact nothing could have been further from the truth.

Given the endemic, intractable nature of segregation, discrimination, and hostility toward gay Americans and other minorities, the only venue where the ‘heavy lifting’ could take place was in the courts, where the authority of the rule of law as codified by the Constitution could destroy these foul, deep-rooted institutions of ignorance and hate.

It’s naïve and inane, therefore to expect ‘hearts and minds’ be ‘changed’ when those hearts were made of stone and minds were closed to all appeals of decency, truth, and reason.

I think the phrase that works here is "Check Your Privilege".

Just sayin'

I'm missing the "anti-Christian" part. "Oh, boo-hoo, I can't impose my bronze age superstitions to other people."
Life is so unfair, they whine. Who the hell raised these brats? My mother would have spanked them, and their mothers.

Personally, I have no issues with gays, but I respect those whose religious beliefs prevent them from accepting the gay marriage. I don't agree, but that is how it goes in a free country. We must respect each other's rights. Period.

As long as no one harms others, then they should be able to express their views and deny service. I cannot understand why someone would even deal with a company that was forced against their will to provide service. The food would have bad karma.

There are many Christian book stores. No one would suggest that they carry books that were anti-religion. What if a person started a Christian bakery? Would that allow them to only serve goods that were in line with their religion?

Also, menus from caterers or even bakeries don't always offer everything a person might want. For instance, a cake topper with two men or two women might not be something many have in stock. A Muslim caterer might not have pork on their available choices. Should the companies be forced to purchase and handle things they find objectionable?

Religion is a personal choice. The laws give you freedom to make that choice. They do not give you freedom to discriminate against others based on that choice.

The Muslim caterer doesn't sell pork. He doesn't sell pork to anyone. He is not selling to some and not to others based on their race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. Note....only one of those is something you are not born with. In that sense....including religious beliefs in that mix is affording special rights.

You said you "respect those whose religious beliefs prevent them from accepting the gay marriage" Can you clarify? Because I have the right to whatever beliefs I want. I may not want to accept straight marriage. But what are you saying I should legally be able to do about it? If I own a company can I not provide coverage for their spouse? If I own a restaurant can I refuse straight couples service? Can I refuse black and white couples in my restaurant because I'm Donald Sterling's brother?

No one is forcing the christian store to carry non christian books. But can they refuse to sell a book to a gay couple? Just for being gay? I don't think they can. That's discrimination, no?

No one is forcing companies to carry products they don't want to carry. But if you provide a service to the general public, you can't discriminate.

Here is a good one though. What if I'm a homophobe and a gay couple wants me to do their wedding? I would say the photographer should be able to decline.

Thin line.

Life is so unfair, they whine. Who the hell raised these brats? My mother would have spanked them, and their mothers.

why should anyone care about the whining of all these gay brats who think shacking up with a fuck buddy is the equivalent of getting married and raising a family?

Forum List

Back