Whatever ever happened to the little sign… ‘We have a right to refuse service’?

When it comes to services; I think the conservatives have a point; when it comes to goods, they have no point. What if every pharmacy decided they wouldn't sell heart medicine to blacks? This is what the hateful conservatives see as a "tough shit" proposition.

However, when you are talking about services such as photography for a wedding or a sitting or someone to do write resumes or what have you, unless you have a contract and THEN decide you don't want to work with blacks, you should have a right to simply refuse to do business in my view. I mean, I may want Taylor Swift to play at my graduation party. If I came up with her asking price, would she be bound to play? I hope not.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

And an exceptional point on Taylor Swift. In JoeB's view, Taylor Swift has a "contract with the public" and thus should be forced to play at your graduation party.

Easy...

Fortunately in this country (thus far anyway), necessary professions have sought to remove the moronic political points idiots like you try to make. Lawyers widely recognize that every accused person has the right to a defense and Doctors almost universally recognize that all sick persons deserve their greatest efforts. Taylor Swift's contributions of a happy graduation would be great but entertainers have no such agency of elevated (i.e. liberal) thinking.

At the end of the day, services are treated differently than goods when this question is posed. I'm not sure legally such distinctions should or could be made.

First of all, you just called me an "idiot" for agreeing with you.... :eusa_doh:

Second, both of your examples are completely absurd and do not apply. The Constitution (specifically the 6th Amendment) guarantees you the right to an attorney. And a public defender enters into their employment agreement understanding that they must provide legal defense for the accused. Also, they work for the government (ie public). A baker who owns their own private bakery enters into no such employment agreement as the public defender and does not work for the government. So you just made an absurd apples-to-oranges comparison which simply does not apply.

Now, as far as your second absurd apples-to-oranges comparison regarding the physician, it's essentially the same situation as the public defender. As part of their board certification, they knowingly and freely enter into an agreement requiring them to treat anyone in need. They do not have to enter into that agreement, therefore they have no legal grounds for which to deny service.

The No ******* or Jews gas station doesn't promote American Freedom. The ability to pull in, regardless of who you are, and buy gas however does.

Freedom includes the freedom to discriminate. It's nonsensical to claim that freedom doesn't promote freedom. The idea that you are not allowed to choose who you do business with is so stupid that only a libturd could have conceived it. It's literally a blank check for government to do whatever it likes to you.

You nailed it. That ... is the point ...
To allow businesses to deny service to anyone for any reason would truly be stupid; we've been there and done that. Only a lunatic would want to go back to those days when a black person could be deny service for no other reason than he was black or a Jew could be told that his kind would be more comfortable some place else, or fine restaurants would display signs that said No Micks Allowed, or businesses could decide facilities for the disabled weren't worth the cost.

Last edited:
To allow businesses to deny service to anyone for any reason would truly be stupid; we've been there and done that. Only a lunatic would want to go back to those days when a black person could be deny service for no other reason than he was black or a Jew could be told that his kind would be more comfortable some place else, or fine restaurants would display signs that said No Micks Allowed, or businesses could decide facilities for the disabled weren't worth the cost.

Oh, but you see you're using a false premise. You're equating a limited group of deviant sexual behaviors [LGBT] to race or religion. They are neither. So it's like comparing apples and oranges. I'm sure bulimics would like to come out of the closet and have vomit urns placed on restaurant tables so their compulsive eating orientation can come out of the closet. But with behaviors, the majority has the right to regulate them; to allow or disallow them in public as they see fit.

The No ******* or Jews gas station doesn't promote American Freedom. The ability to pull in, regardless of who you are, and buy gas however does.
There are no multi-millenia -old religious prohibitions on being Black or Jewish.

There are no communicable diseases associated with being Black or Jewish.

There is no history of dissipated nations losing their martial vigor due - in whole or in part - to being Black or Jewish.

There is no unclean-ness nor unnatural-ness nor filth nor perversion nor aberration associated with being Black or Jewish.

There is no drop in the birth rate associated with being Black or Jewish.

There have never been any laws in this country against being Black or Jewish.

There is no unmanly sissification nor unwomanly butch behavior associated with being Black or Jewish.

There is nothing about innocent children associating with Blacks nor Jews that requires parental intervention or particular watchfulness or anxiety or embarrassment or shame or difficulty in explaining why they should be tolerant of perverts and people whose brains are wired the wrong way.

We have heard this kind of talk before...

“. . . the discovery of the Jewish virus is one of the greatest revolutions that has taken place in the world. The battle in which we are engaged today is of the same sort as the battle waged, during the last century, by Pasteur and Koch. How many diseases have their origin in the Jewish virus! ... We shall regain our health only be eliminating the Jew.”

- Adolf Hitler (quoted in Burleigh and Wippermann, Racial State, p. 107)

The black-haired Jewish youth lies in wait for hours on end, satanically glaring at and spying on the unsuspicious girl whom he plans to seduce, adulterating her blood and removing her from the bosom of her own people. The Jew uses every possible means to undermine the racial foundations of a subjugated people. (Book 1 Chap 11)
-Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)

...the personification of the devil as the symbol of all evil assumes the living shape of the Jew.

And so he [the Jew] advances on his fatal road until another force comes forth to oppose him, and in a mighty struggle hurls the heaven-stormer back to Lucifer. Germany is today the next great war aim of Bolshevism. It requires all the force of a young missionary idea to raise our people up again, to free them from the snares of this international serpent...

Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: 'by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.'

Good morning everyone!

I wonder if those arguing for the rights of store owners to refuse service to gay people based on their mantra of individual rights trumping all else....and claim to harbor no I'll will toward LGBT Americans .....would like to weigh in on the premise that Kondor3 and Silouhette use for their argument?

You see.....those two have been standing alongside the rest if you for quite some time in this thread. Any thoughts on what wither if them is saying?

Freedom includes the freedom to discriminate. It's nonsensical to claim that freedom doesn't promote freedom. The idea that you are not allowed to choose who you do business with is so stupid that only a libturd could have conceived it. It's literally a blank check for government to do whatever it likes to you.

Under Jim Crow, the law compelled businesses to discriminate, so your conclusion is not supported by the evidence. Jim Crow laws were passed precisely because businesses refused to discriminate against blacks and the racists couldn't allow that. History proves exactly the opposite of what you claim.

There are no multi-millenia -old religious prohibitions on being Black or Jewish.

There is no history of dissipated nations losing their martial vigor due - in whole or in part - to being Black or Jewish.

There is no unclean-ness nor unnatural-ness nor filth nor perversion nor aberration associated with being Black or Jewish.

There is no unmanly sissification nor unwomanly butch behavior associated with being Black or Jewish.

There is nothing about innocent children associating with Blacks nor Jews that requires parental intervention or particular watchfulness or anxiety or embarrassment or shame or difficulty in explaining why they should be tolerant of perverts and people whose brains are wired the wrong way.

“. . . the discovery of the Jewish virus is one of the greatest revolutions that has taken place in the world. The battle in which we are engaged today is of the same sort as the battle waged, during the last century, by Pasteur and Koch. How many diseases have their origin in the Jewish virus! ... We shall regain our health only be eliminating the Jew.”

The black-haired Jewish youth lies in wait for hours on end, satanically glaring at and spying on the unsuspicious girl whom he plans to seduce, adulterating her blood and removing her from the bosom of her own people. The Jew uses every possible means to undermine the racial foundations of a subjugated people. (Book 1 Chap 11)

...the personification of the devil as the symbol of all evil assumes the living shape of the Jew.

And so he [the Jew] advances on his fatal road until another force comes forth to oppose him, and in a mighty struggle hurls the heaven-stormer back to Lucifer. Germany is today the next great war aim of Bolshevism. It requires all the force of a young missionary idea to raise our people up again, to free them from the snares of this international serpent...

Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: 'by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.'

ROFL! All you proved is how utterly sleazy, despicable and totally lacking in scruples you are. There's no comparison between the two things.

Last edited:

ROFL! All you proved is how utterly sleazy, despicable and totally lacking in scruples you are. There's no comparison between the two things.

Have an adult decipher what Kondor is saying about gays.

You're the one who needs an adult to have things explained to you. He's saying that, unlike race, homosexuality is a behavior that has negative consequences for society. Pointing those consequences doesn't make you a racist or someone who wants to commit genocide. Only a sleazy scumbag like you would make such a claim.

Like everything else in life, you have it completely backwards...

The law does not get to impede on my religion. You would know that if you ever actually read the U.S. Constitution.

Then I guess Sharia Law can be put in place where Muslims have the votes for it.
In the final analysis, the Constitution says what We The People say that it says.

It says what the Court says it says. To the extent that judges are indirectly selected by the People you are correct.

But back to Sharia Law. If a local government wants to adopt Sharia Law as its legal code, and wants to do so as an exercise of religious freedom,

is that not exactly the same as the prerogatives some of you are claiming for business owners/operators who want to run their businesses according to their religion, as an exercise of their religious freedom?

No, the business owners have the right to deny service, even for the most rascist reasons. It is only at their own cost, because the people who are denied service will move to a concurrent and it gives the business a bad reputation and less income, but still a baker should not be forced to sell to several groups of people.

No, the business owners have the right to deny service, even for the most rascist reasons. It is only at their own cost, because the people who are denied service will move to a concurrent and it gives the business a bad reputation and less income, but still a baker should not be forced to sell to several groups of people.

So a bank has the right to refuse a loan to a qualified applicant SOLELY for the reason that person is black?

lol, entertain us with some legal precedent to support that.

So a bank has the right to refuse a loan to a qualified applicant SOLELY for the reason that person is black?

lol, entertain us with some legal precedent to support that.

If it is private enterprise, yes. State-owned banks of course not.

Tell me people if you walked into a store and had to deal with this guy
[youtube]t0-tMiWTEsI[/youtube]
Why would you want to give this guy your money?

You're the one who needs an adult to have things explained to you. He's saying that, unlike race, homosexuality is a behavior that has negative consequences for society. Pointing those consequences doesn't make you a racist or someone who wants to commit genocide. Only a sleazy scumbag like you would make such a claim.

He is painting gays with the same ignorant bigoted brush Hitler painted the Jews with. And you are agreeing with him.

Yes, yes, yes...

Very nice...

All hail, the predictable and inevitable Godwin-isms and melodrama played-out by supporters of the perverse...

We've all heard your (the Homosexual Mafia's) Race-Card and Hitler-ite faux analogies before...

It doesn't excuse your perversity, nor, alternatively, the perversity that you advocate for...

This is a fight for the life and soul of the nation...

You see it as a fight for freedom to ACT perversely...

Your opposition sees it as a fight for freedom from public exposure TO perversity...

There is some merit in both perspectives...

Those opposed to homosexuality have thousands of years of history and the sacred texts and commentaries of several mainstream religions behind them...

I suspect that this fight - rather than being all-but-over - in a legal context - within the United States - is, in fact, just beginning, and may last for the next generation or more...

En garde...

Last edited:
The gay community and the liberals have lost their little Nazi minds. A privately owned business has the right to refuse to conduct business with anybody they want. Period. It's not even open for debate.

Further still, the 1st Amendment affords you the right to practice your religious belief. And the little liberal/gay Nazi community is working so hard to trample on that right as well.

All I can say is that I hope these companies deliver the most dreadful products and services when they are unconstitutionally forced to by the liberal Nazi's. If you're a bakery and you're forced to bake a cake for a gay wedding, I hope you put 70lbs of salt in the cake and make the frosting primarily out of vinegar so that they vomit when they eat it. Then maybe word will spread in their little gay circles that your bakery isn't any good and you can be left the hell alone to conduct your private business as you see fit.

*Note - desperate Nazi liberals will try to spin this as "homophobia" because they need to justify their anti-constitutional Nazi beliefs. However, it is not. I couldn't care less if someone is gay. What I do care about however is when they unconstitutionally force someone to do their bidding because they think being gay makes them special and entitled.

It's an agenda of reeducation
God, what a nut case. The Nazis gassed homosexuals, so you can't call them, or anyone who supports them, Nazis. Idiot.

Your diatribe is the quintessential bullshit we hear over and over again from bigots and racists.

The little sign, "We reserve the right to refuse service..."?

Like these:

whites-only.gif

7d4ca7fbk-americana1.jpg

Jews not served here.
sign1-2.jpg

You're a classic dummkopf.

Last edited:

Yes, yes, yes...

All hail, the predictable and inevitable Godwin-isms and melodrama played-out by supporters of the perverse...

We've all heard your Race-Card and Hitler-ite faux analogies before...

It doesn't excuse your perversity, or, alternatively, the perversity that you advocate for...

Cool use of the word "alternatively", dude. It made your dopey comments seem so much more intelligent. Way to go!

Last edited:
Cool use of the word "alternatively", dude. It wasn't appropriate usage of the term, but it made your dopey comments seem so much more intelligent. Way to go!
Awwwwww... tsk, tsk, tsk... I don't think you liked my response...

Goodness-gracious and my-oh-my, Emmy Lou, I am sooooo crushed...

===================

The usage was entirely correct.

As to the nature of the comments, well, thank you for your feedback.

Yes, yes, yes...

Very nice...

We've all heard your (the Homosexual Mafia's) Race-Card and Hitler-ite faux analogies before...

It doesn't excuse your perversity, nor, alternatively, the perversity that you advocate for...

This is a fight for the life and soul of the nation...

You see it as a fight for freedom to ACT perversely...

Your opposition sees it as a fight for freedom from public exposure TO perversity...

There is some merit in both perspectives...

Those opposed to homosexuality have thousands of years of history and the sacred texts and commentaries of several mainstream religions behind them...

I suspect that this fight - rather than being all-but-over - in a legal context - within the United States - is, in fact, just beginning, and may last for the next generation or more...

En garde...

There is no merit in your perspective. Your suspicion is also without merit.

Forum List

Back