What's happened to the liberals here?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
When I joined there were liberals here who could actually articulate an argument. They actually had some kind of fact to back it up. Where did all thsoe people go? Now we have people who are simply off their meds. People raving that everything under the sun is Bush's fault. That we all hate Obama because he's black. The craziest, nuttiest theories and explanations, frequently if not always predicated on incorrect facts or pure fantasy. You can't argue with crazy.
Is it that Obama has been so disappointing to the Left, I mean the actual Left with some kind of education and intelligence, that they have intellectually abandoned him? THey wont criticize him publicly but they sure arent defending him either. I dunno. I know the quality of argument from the Left has descended from unbelievable to downright stupid and delusional.

There are some.. and I enjoy talking to a few, even if our views are way off.. Jill, Ravi, and I have always been at odds.. but there has always been actual discussion and quite a lot of respect in our arguments

The problem is the influx of trolls like TDM, T_pillowbiter, CloseMinded, and the like

When I joined there were liberals here who could actually articulate an argument. They actually had some kind of fact to back it up. Where did all thsoe people go? Now we have people who are simply off their meds. People raving that everything under the sun is Bush's fault. That we all hate Obama because he's black. The craziest, nuttiest theories and explanations, frequently if not always predicated on incorrect facts or pure fantasy. You can't argue with crazy.
Is it that Obama has been so disappointing to the Left, I mean the actual Left with some kind of education and intelligence, that they have intellectually abandoned him? THey wont criticize him publicly but they sure arent defending him either. I dunno. I know the quality of argument from the Left has descended from unbelievable to downright stupid and delusional.

I see the same conclusion at other boards...my take is they can't play defense. When ol Dubya was in the WH they were in their glory throwing puny haymakers at a hated GOPer. They can't figure out how to defend the muslim queer they fell so hard for so they're defensive and hateful; acting out to mask their broken hearts. :badgrin:

I see the same conclusion at other boards...my take is they can't play defense. When ol Dubya was in the WH they were in their glory throwing puny haymakers at a hated GOPer. They can't figure out how to defend the muslim queer they fell so hard for so they're defensive and hateful; acting out to mask their broken hearts. :badgrin:

Liberals are always better in opposition because there is no responsibility. They can call for ending the Iraq War and never have to pay the consequences for actually doing it. That's why the Democrats voted umpteen times to end the war once they took the House. But they never had the guts to cut off funding, which would actually have accomplished that.

You rang?:eusa_angel:

You rang?:eusa_angel:

"laugh whore"....
laugh_zpse50e200a.png

This is really too funny. This is really hilarious. Everything in your post is doing exactly what you accuse the liberals of doing. Where are your, or any RWs, intelligent posts based on anything but fantasy and blind hatred of the Left and of Obama? Where are you "actually" articulating an argument, rather than just making empty accusations? Where are you doing anything but raving and whining? "The craziest, nuttiest theories and explanations" are coming from the Right, and they are repeated ad nauseum over and over again without any sustainable evidence or logical reasoning. The "fantasy" is overwhelmingly on the side of the RWs.

What a perverted vision you have of reality. It is not the Left that is constantly bringing up one bizarre theory after another about Obama. Look at the threads here and who starts them. You will see they are most often from RWs trying to find some horrible thing Obama has done, attacking his wife and his children for nothing, accusing, as they did with Clinton, Obama and his family of every extravagance, any and everything putrid their sick minds come up with. JFC. Have some self awareness.

Last edited:

Liberals are always better in opposition because there is no responsibility.
They can call for ending the Iraq War and never have to pay the consequences for actually doing it. That's why the Democrats voted umpteen times to end the war once they took the House. But they never had the guts to cut off funding, which would actually have accomplished that.

You people are delusional. Remember when John Bohner claimed JOBS was the number one priority of the rethugs in Congress? Remember?

And how many times have the repubs voted to repeal Obamacare? And defund plannd parenthood. Hell the other day they were after Acorns. Again. Bunch of fuking nuts is what you all are.

Where are the jobs bills? Hell, now that the Senate passed a budget, the houae rethugs won't even take up the bill for reconcilliation. And they were sure upset about no budget. Untill there was one.

Where are those jobs?

Liberals are always better in opposition because there is no responsibility. They can call for ending the Iraq War and never have to pay the consequences for actually doing it. That's why the Democrats voted umpteen times to end the war once they took the House. But they never had the guts to cut off funding, which would actually have accomplished that.

No rallies to meet other homos, score free dope and a crash-pad for a night or two. They know the cretins they vote for are unfit for office....in fact that's why the vote for them....to get payback at "the man"....Peter Pan Syndrome. :cuckoo:

No rallies to meet other homos, score free dope and a crash-pad for a night or two. They know the cretins they vote for are unfit for office....in fact that's why the vote for them....to get payback at "the man"....Peter Pan Syndrome. :cuckoo:

Aw come on man. You are just jealous because you don't get no libieral nookie.:evil:

This is the typical type of thing RWs post. And you expect a thoughful, intelligent response to this type of thing? The OP couldn't even send a neg without adding a personal insult. When they post a response to a post they don't like, which is pretty much any post that disagrees with tthem, the first thing out of most of the RW's cyber mouths is a personal insult. And you really expect intelligent, well thought out discourse in return? Look at this thread so far: it's just an insult fest of the RW's insulting the Left. Look in the mirror and see what your own behavior is.

Last edited:

We were busy voting for him again. I laugh in your face. :badgrin:

Aw come on man. You are just jealous because you don't get no libieral nookie.:evil:

Nah, got every hippie chick in sight back in the day when the worst STD you could get was the crabs or maybe a dose of the clap.....now I'm a geezer and prefer my women bathe, shave their legs and pits, and appreciate old pick up trucks. :eusa_angel:

When you vote for a loser, you have to then defend him. When you have to defend a loser, it gets old. When it gets old, you get tired of it. When you get tired of it, you get aggravated. When you get overly aggravated, you get pissed. When you get pissed you say stupid and emotional things. When you say stupid and emotional things, you lose the debate.

That's where the dwindling number of liberal obama worshipers are today.

Liberals are seeing the obama regime in flames. It's making them crazy. They have to try to deflect against Reagan, Bush, I'm surprised they haven't gone back to George Washington by now. Then the mentally ill start flailing around they are put into strait jackets. This is the liberal, internet, equivalent.

Liberals are always better in opposition because there is no responsibility.
They can call for ending the Iraq War and never have to pay the consequences for actually doing it. That's why the Democrats voted umpteen times to end the war once they took the House. But they never had the guts to cut off funding, which would actually have accomplished that.

You people are delusional. Remember when John Bohner claimed JOBS was the number one priority of the rethugs in Congress? Remember?

And how many times have the repubs voted to repeal Obamacare? And defund plannd parenthood. Hell the other day they were after Acorns. Again. Bunch of fuking nuts is what you all are.

Where are the jobs bills? Hell, now that the Senate passed a budget, the houae rethugs won't even take up the bill for reconcilliation. And they were sure upset about no budget. Untill there was one.

Where are those jobs?

1) Jobs are a priority, or at least should be... But government does not create jobs... what government can do is stop the taxation and economic practices that limit the private sector from creating more jobs as they grow and become more profitable
2) As they should repeal Obamacare as it has no business in the federal government
3) As they should defund planned parenthood as it has no business getting government funding (and that is not the only entity that should have its federal funding eliminated.. including acron and its little splinter organizations)

When you vote for a loser, you have to then defend him. When you have to defend a loser, it gets old. When it gets old, you get tired of it. When you get tired of it, you get aggravated. When you get overly aggravated, you get pissed. When you get pissed you say stupid and emotional things. When you say stupid and emotional things, you lose the debate.

That's where the dwindling number of liberal obama worshipers are today.

When my liberal acquaintances tell me they no longer listen to any news...:lmao: I ask them if they voted for Obammy once or twice. ( knowing the answer, of course )

This is really too funny. This is really hilarious. Everything in your post is doing exactly what you accuse the liberals of doing. Where are your, or any RWs, intelligent posts based on anything but fantasy and blind hatred of the Left and of Obama? Where are you "actually" articulating an argument, rather than just making empty accusations? Where are you doing anything but raving and whining? "The craziest, nuttiest theories and explanations" are coming from the Right, and they are repeated ad nauseum over and over again without any sustainable evidence or logical reasoning. The "fantasy" is overwhelmingly on the side of the RWs.

What a perverted vision you have of reality. It is not the Left that is constantly bringing up one bizarre theory after another about Obama. Look at the threads here and who starts them. You will see they are most often from RWs trying to find some horrible thing Obama has done, attacking his wife and his children for nothing, accusing, as they did with Clinton, Obama and his family of every extravagance, any and everything putrid their sick minds come up with. JFC. Have some self awareness.

You whining left wing bitch from hell.

For all the years we had to put up with you on the left cheering every death in the Iraq war so you could use it as political fodder against Bush.

Praying that Bush got assassinated or that Cheney would have a heart attack out in the open.

You hypocrite.

Now if a conservative dares to criticize your Messiah you go into a full throttle metal jacket meltdown as exemplified by your post.

:lol:

Forum List

Back