What's so unlucky about the number 13?

CrashFeud-1-480x270.jpg

That's very telling!

People are not very fond of the number, it seems, the builders don't want to run the risk of having apartments unsold....so....there is no number 13 floor! :dunno:

Fear of 13: Triskaidekaphobia​

Triskaidekaphobia is a severe fear of the number 13. As a phobia, it is more than just a mild discomfort. People with this condition exhibit symptoms of acute anxiety when they come across or confront the object of their fear. Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, rapid heartbeat, sweating and feelings of panic. Skipping floor 13 in hotels saves patrons who may suffer from this disorder the discomfort of being in elevators with a 13th floor or from having a room on such a floor.

Fear of 13: Triskaidekaphobia​

Triskaidekaphobia is a severe fear of the number 13. As a phobia, it is more than just a mild discomfort. People with this condition exhibit symptoms of acute anxiety when they come across or confront the object of their fear. Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, rapid heartbeat, sweating and feelings of panic. Skipping floor 13 in hotels saves patrons who may suffer from this disorder the discomfort of being in elevators with a 13th floor or from having a room on such a floor.

wow!!! I didn't know there was a phobia of the number 13!!!:omg: phobia for spiders yes.... he-he .... but not for that!

I BELIEVE the origin goes back to the Last Supper. Judas was the 13th and final disciple there. At least that's where I think the idea of 13 being unlucky came from. I used to avoid it when I was younger, now I don't care. It's all a mindset, really. If you believe in something enough, it WILL affect you.
That was my impression, too.

Forum List

Back