🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What's the point of arguing abortion?

No. I didnt care to read what you said after stating you made the decision at 12 and never thought it was wise to reevaluate. Now that you answered my question with a question how about answering it with an answer?
You don't care what I say because of the first sentence of my first post. You're not going to read anything I post if you decide you're not going to like it. I'm unsure how further engagement with you in particular will be beneficial here, especially when the time can be devoted to engaging those who do take the brief time to understand what they're trying to oppose.

ER...I don't push an agenda that murders women and children.
I don't believe you do. I'm saying that, when they tell you that you do, that's because they truly believe it. It's not some ploy any more than it is for you to them them that they do.
Not true. If I wasnt going to read anything you posted I would have never asked you the question.

That can be true for animals, and stupid humans, not rational adults. I think much more than I feel, all actual adults do.
I'd argue that you probably don't and that humans are by and large not rational. Our "rational" minds simply attempt to justify our pre-rational judgments after the fact.
Humans are, nearly without exception, as dumb as dog shit. Most aren't adults because most aren't rational, like you, on abortion for instance. I have no argument with that.

"What's the point of arguing abortion?"

None.

Rather, efforts should be focused on how to end the practice that comports with the Constitution and its case law.

The conflict isn't over whether or not abortion should continue, as everyone's in agreement that the practice should end; instead, the conflict concerns indeed ending the practice.
I understand that this is your default, copypasta answer. If you really believe in ending it, and this isn't just the talking point it appears to be, then why don't you help myself and EmilyNghiem do exactly that?

Since the sociopath has the root word of society it is indeed subjective.
I don't the the words sociopath and society are etymologically related. I'll double check this. How does it relate to what we're discussing?
I wasnt talking to you on this point but since sociopaths are antisocial one can say its subjective what is deemed society.

Online Etymology Dictionary

Okay. It appears that I was wrong. Society comes from societas, meaning fellowship or alliance. Sociopath was coined on the model of psychopath with socius, meaning kindred or tribe, as the root. I'm still unsure how this etymological question relates to the value of debate regarding abortion.

That can be true for animals, and stupid humans, not rational adults. I think much more than I feel, all actual adults do.
I'd argue that you probably don't and that humans are by and large not rational. Our "rational" minds simply attempt to justify our pre-rational judgments after the fact.
Humans are, nearly without exception, as dumb as dog shit. Most aren't adults because most aren't rational, like you, on abortion for instance. I have no argument with that.
We agree that almost no human is entirely rational. You consider yourself an exception to this?

Okay. It appears that I was wrong. Society comes from societas, meaning fellowship or alliance. Sociopath was coined on the model of psychopath with socius, meaning kindred or tribe, as the root. I'm still unsure how this etymological question relates to the value of debate regarding abortion.
Ask CrackGirl. I was replying to her.

And perception doesn't dictate who is a sociopath. We aren't sociopaths "to" each other. A sociopath is a sociopath. It isn't subjective.

No. I didnt care to read what you said after stating you made the decision at 12 and never thought it was wise to reevaluate. Now that you answered my question with a question how about answering it with an answer?
You don't care what I say because of the first sentence of my first post. You're not going to read anything I post if you decide you're not going to like it. I'm unsure how further engagement with you in particular will be beneficial here, especially when the time can be devoted to engaging those who do take the brief time to understand what they're trying to oppose.

ER...I don't push an agenda that murders women and children.
I don't believe you do. I'm saying that, when they tell you that you do, that's because they truly believe it. It's not some ploy any more than it is for you to them them that they do.
No, they don't believe it. They lie to hide their own agenda.

And perception doesn't dictate who is a sociopath. We aren't sociopaths "to" each other. A sociopath is a sociopath. It isn't subjective.
It's a recognized and defined disoder. If everyone in a society were to be sociopathic, then the relative normality wouldn't change that they all have a personality disorder.

No, they don't believe it. They lie to hide their own agenda.
I'm sure there are a few who do. I see no reason to doubt that, say, Asclepias really would believe that, were he married and his wife pregnant, the baby is merely a potential daughter. I see no reason to think that he's lying when he claims to believe that she (the daughter) would be morally neutral for him to kill in any way up until his personally definition of the beginning of life.

It's a recognized and defined disoder. If everyone in a society were to be sociopathic, then the relative normality wouldn't change that they all have a personality disorder.
Defined by who, who told you its a disorder, and what makes you think everyone accepts it?

We agree that almost no human is entirely rational. You consider yourself an exception to this?
Which would make him a psychopath instead of a sociopath...and is probably more accurate.

I am highly rational, an exception, and humans are a disease.
I see. You do understand how this sounds to another person, right? "I'm intellectually superior and everyone else is a filthy waste no better than dog shit." If this is true, and you are better than everyone else, then what is the exact relationship between yourself and your lessers?

Defined by who, who told you its a disorder, and what makes you think everyone accepts it?
It makes no difference whether a sociopath accepts that they have a disorder. It equally makes no difference if an AIDS victim considers himself perfectly healthy. Reality is not subjective. It exists independently of one's own mind. I suspect this is another of those differences in fundamental brain wiring between us though.

Which would make him a psychopath instead of a sociopath...and is probably more accurate.
Sociopaths are common, you are one, with borderline personality disorder as well. Psychopaths are rare, thank God for small favors. And highly rational adults, even less common, which is a damn shame...

Last edited:
I see. You do understand how this sounds to another person, right? "I'm intellectually superior and everyone else is a filthy waste no better than dog shit."

It makes no difference whether a sociopath accepts that they have a disorder. It equally makes no difference if an AIDS victim considers himself perfectly healthy. Reality is not subjective. It exists independently of one's own mind. I suspect this is another of those differences in fundamental brain wiring between us though.
Thats not what I asked you. The issue was if "sociopath" was subjective. Since its entirely at the discretion of what people consider to be a sociopath thats the very essence of subjective.

I was always pro abortion. I was a counselor with planned parenthood and a clinic defender. I received special instruction in how to guide an ambivalent woman into having an abortion and the best arguments to use when browbeating a young girl.

Abortion was changing, it was no longer the answer for a desperate woman. It was the only answer for all women. It got gruesome and absurd. It became evil. I became pro life in my 40s.

I see. You do understand how this sounds to another person, right? "I'm intellectually superior and everyone else is a filthy waste no better than dog shit." If this is true, and you are better than everyone else, then what is the exact relationship between yourself and your lessers?
They are unworthy. Entirely. I cast my pearls before the swine. They, of course, reject them. It maters not, either way. I'm simply killing time...

Sociopaths are common, you are one, with borderline personality disorder as well, psychopaths are rare, thank God for small favors, and highly rational adults, even less common, which is a damn shame...
It would be interesting if you could tell us how you can formally diagnose her with these problems you believe she has.

I see. You do understand how this sounds to another person, right? "I'm intellectually superior and everyone else is a filthy waste no better than dog shit."

Thats not what I asked you. The issue was if "sociopath" was subjective. Since its entirely at the discretion of what people consider to be a sociopath thats the very essence of subjective.
Correct. You asked who it was defined by. It was defined by those who learned what it. It wasn't "made up". It was a variation that we discovered and described. You asked what makes everyone accept their disorder. I said that it doesn't matter if they accept it or not. The issue isn't subjective because the disorder is not subjective any more than whether an AIDS victim is infected is subjective. You can have a chemical imbalance or brain structure that you are unaware of or simply don't accept. You would simply be in denial.

They are unworthy. Entirely. I cast my pearls before the swine. They, of course, reject them. It maters not, either way. I'm simply killing time...
Interesting. And you understand how pretty much any other person is going to take your belief that anyone who disagrees with you in any way is unworthy of their life, yes? Not that it really matters if you're being honest about your belief.

Lolol

Sociopaths are common, you are one, with borderline personality disorder as well, psychopaths are rare, thank God for small favors, and highly rational adults, even less common, which is a damn shame...
It would be interesting if you could tell us how you can formally diagnose her with these problems you believe she has.

Correct. You asked who it was defined by. It was defined by those who learned what it. It wasn't "made up". It was a variation that we discovered and described. You asked what makes everyone accept their disorder. I said that it doesn't matter if they accept it or not. The issue isn't subjective because the disorder is not subjective any more than whether an AIDS victim is infected is subjective. You can have a chemical imbalance or bran structure that you are unaware of or simply don't accept. You would simply be in denial.
How do you know they learned what it was? How do you know it wasnt made up? Matter of fact I guarantee you it was made up. The definition didnt write itself.

I didn't ask anything of the sort. I asked why do you think everyone accepts "sociopath" as a disorder?

The subject is subjective simply because another human or humans decided what it was going to be. There are plenty of people that disagree. Some people think its perfectly normal to be anti social. Thats what "subjective" entails. Do you need to refer to a dictionary since you discovered you were wrong the first time?

Sociopaths have antisocial behavior (stealing, lying,aggression) and lack a conscience. It doesn't matter what society you're in. A sociopath in Africa is a sociopath in France.

Forum List

Back