What's the upside to accepting a US President threatening Blackmail

On citizens?

Isn't this what you guys feared about government having too much power?

What happens when the threats go toward someone you do like?

Interesting, isn't it. Apparently, trump is above the law.
The Clintons have always been above the law
Why must you always attempt to deflect?

You do not deny Trump acts like he is above the law. What you do is suggest it's okay.
Trump is perfectly within the law. You just can't stand the laws as they are. You want laws that make it illegal for Republicans to win.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

No one denies the electoral college determines the outcome, so why this deflection?

I had a clear impression from the reaction to the vote that many of you people had no clue whatsoever about the Electoral College, especially among your Millennial supporters. It was a big surprise.

Any President that wins the ec but loses the popular vote so widely, wins by a fluke in our system.

You just contradicted yourself. The Electoral College is constitutionally mandated. It is no fluke.
Partly . One can win the ec by a fluke.

The right has been very effective is voter suppression, gerrymandering and vote theft.

And in brainwashing the gullible.

Brainwashing the gullible? Did you ever hear the advice about people in glass houses?

The Dimocrat party spends countless hours convincing you people that you never really lose any presidency--it's just that you were cheated out of them.

The reason Democrats brainwash people like you is because if you ever realized most Americans don't believe the way you do, it would knock the wind out of your sails and you might quit voting.

The party of excuses really know how to pull your puppet strings. Let's look at it starting with your own admissions:

* The Republicans stole votes.
* The Republicans suppressed votes through voter-ID.
* The Russians gave Trump the election
* The Russians changed the votes in three states.
* Comey was responsible for Hil-Liar losing
* The Supreme Court gave Bush the Presidency.
* Bush's friends at Diebold rigged the machines so he falsely won reelection.
* The Republicans used gerrymandering to win the election.
* The Republicans are a bunch of old white people dying off soon.

It's amazing how this is so in front of you leftists, yet you can't see it. You have no clue in the world how you are being used.
Wow, talk about misdirection. Let's look at that again:

I never heard that before. Do you know something we don't?

Well that's true. And the conservative Supreme court striking down the Voting Rights Act. Bringing unlimited money into our elections. Limiting the number of voting places among a host of other things. Republican wouldn't fight so hard for these things is they didn't work. Even you have to admit that.

No one ever said that. They worked to get Trump elected, but if they gave Trump something, that is something we still need to find out.

That doesn't even make sense. Do you have a link to that?

He had a role, I have no doubt.

That is true and the nation suffered.
December 12, 2000: In ‘Bush v. Gore,’ the Supreme Court Gives the Presidential Election to George W. Bush

* Bush's friends at Diebold rigged the machines so he falsely won reelection.
I never heard that before. You have a link?

The GOP is very good at gerrymandering. Even many of them admit it.

* The Republicans are a bunch of old white people dying off soon.
They are not limited to old white people. There are a lot of young white people. In fact, 90% of the GOP is white. And they attract a lot of white supremacists and Alt Right.

OK, there. I fixed it for you.

No one denies the electoral college determines the outcome, so why this deflection?

I had a clear impression from the reaction to the vote that many of you people had no clue whatsoever about the Electoral College, especially among your Millennial supporters. It was a big surprise.

Any President that wins the ec but loses the popular vote so widely, wins by a fluke in our system.

You just contradicted yourself. The Electoral College is constitutionally mandated. It is no fluke.
Partly . One can win the ec by a fluke.

So ... what fluke are you claiming?

Good Grief Billy_Kinetta Even Time Magazine knows the history

One Founding-era argument for the Electoral College stemmed from the fact that ordinary Americans across a vast continent would lack sufficient information to choose directly and intelligently among leading presidential candidates.

This objection rang true in the 1780s, when life was far more local. But the early emergence of national presidential parties rendered the objection obsolete by linking presidential candidates to slates of local candidates and national platforms, which explained to voters who stood for what.
Winning the ec but losing the popular vote is a fluke. It's only happened a few times

Most every expert, veteran of government service, and most professionals who had served Republican and Democratic Presidents, agreed: Donald Trump was the least qualified candidate in our lifetimes.

The electoral college was actually set up so that the electors, could have voted their own conscience and dumped Trump. But we have no men and women of virtue at that level, or maybe just not enough of them

Hamilton and the other founders believed that the electors would be able to insure that only a qualified person becomes President.

The founding fathers were afraid of direct election to the Presidency. They feared a tyrant could manipulate public opinion and come to power. Hamilton wrote in the Federalist Papers:

It was equally desirable, that the immediate election should be made by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice. A small number of persons, selected by their fellow-citizens from the general mass, will be most likely to possess the information and discernment requisite to such complicated investigations. It was also peculiarly desirable to afford as little opportunity as possible to tumult and disorder. This evil was not least to be dreaded in the election of a magistrate, who was to have so important an agency in the administration of the government as the President of the United States. But the precautions which have been so happily concerted in the system under consideration, promise an effectual security against this mischief.

Federalist no 68

One Founding-era argument for the Electoral College stemmed from the fact that ordinary Americans across a vast continent would lack sufficient information to choose directly and intelligently among leading presidential candidates.

This objection rang true in the 1780s, when life was far more local. But the early emergence of national presidential parties rendered the objection obsolete by linking presidential candidates to slates of local candidates and national platforms, which explained to voters who stood for what.
Winning the ec but losing the popular vote is a fluke. It's only happened a few times

Indeed. The two times I have lived through, the choice was correct, ergo the system worked. It was no fluke.

Yes I do, it's in your post #35. You said this: "The right has been very effective is voter suppression, gerrymandering and vote theft." The best thing about telling the truth is you never have to remember what you said.

Well that's true. And the conservative Supreme court striking down the Voting Rights Act. Bringing unlimited money into our elections. Limiting the number of voting places among a host of other things. Republican wouldn't fight so hard for these things is they didn't work. Even you have to admit that.

No, it's just that Republicans don't feel it takes a week or so to vote, and there is no reason to have extended hours. Voter-ID is used in many states and thus far, no voter suppression found. As for unlimited money, Hilary spent over twice as much as Trump, and still lost.

No one ever said that. They worked to get Trump elected, but if they gave Trump something, that is something we still need to find out.

Gave him something. In other words, leftists just made it up. They didn't give him anything. No evidence, no suspicion, just make the charge. The only possible Russian involvement (not proven yet) is they hacked into the DNC emails exposing what nefarious things they were discussing.

You are discussing politics and are unaware of the three states Democrats had recounts in this past election?????

No doubt and no proof either. Again, it's brainwashing by the Democrats.

December 12, 2000: In ‘Bush v. Gore,’ the Supreme Court Gives the Presidential Election to George W. Bush

They didn't give him anything. Gore's buddies on the Florida SC said Gore could have recounts and take as much time as he wanted. This judicial legislation was examined by the federal Supreme Court because the law in Florida is that all ballots had to be certified in seven days. No if's, and's or but's about it. The Supreme Court returned it to the Florida SC court and asked them WTF they were doing? A court is not allowed to change or create law on the bench which is what the Florida courts did. That's when Gore conceded the election; the Florida courts could not answer the Supreme Court and knew they were wrong.

They do? Like who?

They are not limited to old white people. There are a lot of young white people. In fact, 90% of the GOP is white. And they attract a lot of white supremacists and Alt Right.

Well "deplorable" was part of Hillary losing the race. Keep it up. It's what we need.

On citizens?

Isn't this what you guys feared about government having too much power?

What happens when the threats go toward someone you do like?

Interesting, isn't it. Apparently, trump is above the law.
The Clintons have always been above the law
Why must you always attempt to deflect?

You do not deny Trump acts like he is above the law. What you do is suggest it's okay.
Trump is perfectly within the law. You just can't stand the laws as they are. You want laws that make it illegal for Republicans to win.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
What's the upside to having a US president that can be blackmailed?

Yes I do, it's in your post #35. You said this: "The right has been very effective is voter suppression, gerrymandering and vote theft." The best thing about telling the truth is you never have to remember what you said.

No, it's just that Republicans don't feel it takes a week or so to vote, and there is no reason to have extended hours. Voter-ID is used in many states and thus far, no voter suppression found. As for unlimited money, Hilary spent over twice as much as Trump, and still lost.

Gave him something. In other words, leftists just made it up. They didn't give him anything. No evidence, no suspicion, just make the charge. The only possible Russian involvement (not proven yet) is they hacked into the DNC emails exposing what nefarious things they were discussing.

You are discussing politics and are unaware of the three states Democrats had recounts in this past election?????

No doubt and no proof either. Again, it's brainwashing by the Democrats.

They didn't give him anything. Gore's buddies on the Florida SC said Gore could have recounts and take as much time as he wanted. This judicial legislation was examined by the federal Supreme Court because the law in Florida is that all ballots had to be certified in seven days. No if's, and's or but's about it. The Supreme Court returned it to the Florida SC court and asked them WTF they were doing? A court is not allowed to change or create law on the bench which is what the Florida courts did. That's when Gore conceded the election; the Florida courts could not answer the Supreme Court and knew they were wrong.

They do? Like who?

Well "deplorable" was part of Hillary losing the race. Keep it up. It's what we need.
Hilarious. I retired last July and have been voting since Nixon. For the first time in my life, I was able to watch the election every day. And every station couldn't stop talking about Donald Trump. If he gave four speeches in four days, even MSNBC would play 90% to all of every speech. The media chased him around on his golf course in Scotland for a free infomercial. They followed him around in his new Hotel for over an hour waiting for him to say something about Obama's birth certificate and this is what he said in the last 36 seconds:

Which was hilarious. Remember when Trump said: I sent a team of investigators to Hawaii, and they can't believe what they are finding!
Remember when he said that? What did they find?

Screen-Shot-2016-03-18-at-11.20.38-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2016-03-18-at-11.42.27-AM-e1458315840403.png

I couldn't even find a Hillary Clinton speech. And when I did get clips of her talking, it was always about Donald Trump. That's all CNN and MSNBC would play. Then you had people like Chuck Todd and Chris Mathews calling her untrustworthy, dishonest and unlikeable every single time they mentioned her name.

Four Charts Show Media's Love for The Donald -- Vs. All Other Candidates Combined

Trump has gotten nearly $3 billion in ‘free’ advertising

By the time of the election, some estimates were as high as 5 billion.

Donald trump rode $5 billion in free media to the white house

In all the years I voted, I never saw such an obsession with a single candidate. I thought back in August he would win and I was right.
And look at the Foundations and the uneven coverage.

Investigation of Trump’s charity wins Pulitzer Prize

Only one reporter even looked into the Trump Foundation and he won the Pulitzer Prize and that criminal organization is still under investigation. That will be a problem for Trump. Or not. Remember when he said he gave all that money to veterans and then we found out he lied and then he have to be shamed into it.

Trump rails against scrutiny over delayed donations to veterans groups

Trump's base may let him get away with this stuff, but not forever. For one thing, 87% of lost manufacturing jobs were automated. They are NEVER coming back. That's Trump's biggest lie so far. At some point, his base will "get it". They have to. You can only be a determined ignorant for so long. And people who have been screwed over tend to become bitter enemies. Trump will have a lot of bitter enemies.

Last edited:

What's the upside of being a douche bag, dumbass snowflake who thinks he can fool people into answering loaded questions?

What was the upside to voting for the criminal Hillary?

And what is it exactly that Trump has done that's illegal?
That is exactly the point. With his interference in investigations we will never know. But there are men like "Deep Throat" waiting in the wings of the FBI and Justice Dept

If there was anything for some potential deepthroat to leak to the press, he would have done it by now.

You snowflakes are going to have to get used to the idea that the whole "Russia hack" scheme is a great big dud.

The upside? Getting rid of liberal scum in Washington for starters.

Eight years of straight up relentless, disgusting attack after attack on Obama and his process, and you're going to go there?

Bitch please.

The standards for Trump acceptance is at a record low in presidential history.

You do know that their are 2 parties right? So again, what is the upside if this is accepted from a President? And what happen's when it's aimed at someone you like? Will you see how it's not beneficial then?

miketx is too stupid and too dishonest (very likely both) to give a damn about a reasonable post as the one posted by CC.

It's certainly the first option. There's just not enough there to support the second.

Dream on
worth a grin
It is worth a grin to see the NYPost digging up all the dirt on Comey, and suggesting he should have been fired last July (or was it October?) for interference in our national election with his announcements of investigation of Clinton.

We will never know, but I can imagine what would have happened in the Republican Party if Comey had been fired by Obama for his pre-election blabbing about the Clinton investigation, as the Post suggests.

But it is downright funny, hilarious even, to see them in knuckle-biting anger over the thing that gave them the election, in the gerrymandered EC if not the popular vote. Situational outrage?

Happy Mother's Day! to all you mothers
You do realize that the electoral college determines the president?
...and Most of the state houses and governorships are conservative for a reason?
:itsok:
Gerrymandering?

The system set up for a possible situation where electors would vote their consciences versus the vote, but make no mistake about it, DJT did not win THAT way

Why the deflection?
If you take both trumps and Hildasbeasts votes away in crazy Cali... Trump won the popular vote in the rest of the country. We can't have crazy Cali determining the direction of this country.
Gerrymandering is a strawman
If you take both trumps and Hildasbeasts votes away in crazy Cali...

Except, that's not how it's done and therefore, moot.

What's the upside of being a douche bag, dumbass snowflake who thinks he can fool people into answering loaded questions?

What was the upside to voting for the criminal Hillary?

It only seems loaded. You simply are unable to grasp the point.
Don't feel bad. There are millions like you.

If there was anything for some potential deepthroat to leak to the press, he would have done it by now.

You snowflakes are going to have to get used to the idea that the whole "Russia hack" scheme is a great big dud.

are you really this stupid?

"Deep Throat" only cane forward AFTER the President started interfering and covering up

Give Trump some more time

Forum List

Back