What's Up with Obama's Official Portrait?

Oh. and here I was wondering why he is sitting in that bed of poison ivy, and how the hell did it sprout those Chrysanthemum and lily of the Nile blossoms?

Indicative of the Left to portray Obama in such an unreal setting that does not really exist with a flora that is made up. Looked at another way, it almost looks like those plants are reaching out to grow over him to quickly cover him up as the jungles did to bury the defunct Mayan civilization. I'm sure the symbolism is just an imagined one. o_O

Meantime, if Trump was similarly portrayed, can you imagine the comments about his trampling over all those plants and crushing of the environment? Of course you can.

No, they would be laughing at the photo day in and day out. Focusing on the fingers, calling him an alien, on and on. As it were, I have to think Obama is not happy. Though, what did they expect they would get when they hired such a clown to paint such an important painting?

it's simple. It's just another baseless attack on Trump jabbing the "small hands" bullshit. Fact is Obama is a faggot and the fact that he did all he could do to hurt us is reason enough to send that bastard away forever.
Racist, homophobic scum like you.....Oh to see your knees wither in my presence.

You are an anti-American pile of shit. Leave this country you traitor.
Is there a black homosexual with talent to paint or is that the best out there?

Me personally, I'd commission Serge Marshennikov

21facf1b781e95c04310516961fe6589--portrait-paintings-oil-paintings.jpg

What a lovely painting. I also like the style of Laura Bush's official portrait. It very much captures her warmth and graciousness.
President+Mrs+Bush+Unveil+Their+Official+Portraits+0Wh1a62FdnJl.jpg

I think Obama's face is done well, but Michelle's is almost insulting.
I think by her reaction she was trying to be polite, but if I were she, I would be shocked or offended how poorly the image was portrayed, almost bland, for something this historic.

The idea was to pick a painter who could capture the African American style of painting,
but the background in Obama's and the flat unfinished look of Michelle's just missed the boat.

If you look at John Bigger's paintings, I think that simple flat style is what they were going for.
I have seen the work of Tony Bryant in Houston who captured much of Houston and TSU
Black local history in paintings, and he does a better job of capturing that style of simple flat images
but with depth and storytelling flow. these paintings fall flat compared to the intended goal.

Obama's would have been okay were it not for the overwhelming background.

this style was used in other series by the same artist, depicting Biblical characters
but with racial ethnicities changed, all with the overflowing flora in the background.
I would not have used that. a White House interior would have been more in line with tradition.

you might be offended if you see the other series by the same artist, with Biblical characters
unless you know the story. the characters in the Bible involve beheading,
so the image of a black woman holding the head of the vanquished depicted as a white woman
just sends the wrong message and looks like reverse racism and resentment instead of
the meaning of the Bible history. Just terrible, and I would not want to post that without giving the background behind the story that was supposed to be depicted but also went the wrong direction! Click at your own risk, I don't recommend these images: Obama portrait artist once painted black women decapitating white women

Last edited:
Me personally, I'd commission Serge Marshennikov

21facf1b781e95c04310516961fe6589--portrait-paintings-oil-paintings.jpg

What a lovely painting. I also like the style of Laura Bush's official portrait. It very much captures her warmth and graciousness.View attachment 176692

Here is these two paintings done by Serge and of Laura Bush you are seeing CLASS and TASTE. In the Obama paintings we are seeing nothing but crass TASTELESSNESS on display. All that is missing is the fuzzy felt background and a few dogs sitting around playing cards.

It would be a real hoot taking you guys to an art museum. Jeebus.

it's simple. It's just another baseless attack on Trump jabbing the "small hands" bullshit. Fact is Obama is a faggot and the fact that he did all he could do to hurt us is reason enough to send that bastard away forever.
Racist, homophobic scum like you.....Oh to see your knees wither in my presence.

You are an anti-American pile of shit. Leave this country you traitor.
Make me leave it peter puffer.

Who is the elegant and pretty black lady as that does not look like Mrs Kenyan?

Last edited:
great minds think alike, I was going to post this one ^^^:laugh:

Forum List

Back