What's wrong with atheists?

Well what if the teacher begins each day reading a passage that explains there is no proof of GOD, therefore GOD does not exist

Children are free to read the passage with her or not

Are you going to keep your child in that class or not?

How about possibly alternating reading material on first millennia thought that even if matter is eternal/infinite, it still cannot move unless it is acted upon my an outside force...so what was the outside force that set matter in motion?

In any case, I have no problem with my child staying in that class. Even if the teacher doesn't use my suggested alternate, my child will still be introduced to it. Perhaps I would also introduce the thought that just because many miners joined the gold rush without finding any gold at all, does that mean gold didn't exist, and that no one else was able to find it?

Well what if the teacher begins each day reading a passage that explains there is no proof of GOD, therefore GOD does not exist

How about possibly alternating reading material on first millennia thought that even if matter is eternal/infinite, it still cannot move unless it is acted upon my an outside force...so what was the outside force that set matter in motion?

In any case, I have no problem with my child staying in that class. Even if the teacher doesn't use my suggested alternate, my child will still be introduced to it. Perhaps I would also introduce the thought that just because many miners joined the gold rush without finding any gold at all, does that mean gold didn't exist, and that no one else was able to find it?

You are very enlightened

You are very enlightened

:D Common sense, I tell you! And a trust in the Constitution as it was written.

I have no answers as to why some have face-to-face encounters with God--and why other, equally good people, do not. What I want is not to dishearten people from searching for God, and nor to dishearten people who search but do not encounter (or do not recognize the encounter). I love science, and I love theology. As a young child I was reading an article that concluded that it is likely that when theologians and scientists reach their pinnacles of faith and knowledge, they will discover each other because both sides will arrive at the same place. We don't need to fight each other. One side is exploring via physical truth; the other is exploring via spiritual truth. Truth will get both to the goal.

You are very enlightened

I have no answers as to why some have face-to-face encounters with God--and why other, equally good people, do not. What I want is not to dishearten people from searching for God, and nor to dishearten people who search but do not encounter (or do not recognize the encounter). I love science, and I love theology. As a young child I was reading an article that concluded that it is likely that when theologians and scientists reach their pinnacles of faith and knowledge, they will discover each other because both sides will arrive at the same place. We don't need to fight each other. One side is exploring via physical truth; the other is exploring via spiritual truth. Truth will get both to the goal.

Even as an atheist...I enjoy reading your posts

I had someone ask me recently why, if atheism is so fulfilling, why are atheists so angry? I have been thinking about it and this is what I came up with:

Number one, atheists have to establish some kind of victimhood status so they can make it personal. They'll go back a thousand years to complain about something the Church allegedly did (and they usually make that up) to establish some level of butthurtedness. (I know, that's not a word, stay on point.) The Crusades is one of their favorites because they can make things up about that and nobody bothers to check the facts.

One of their complaints is that they claim Christianity (It's always Christianity, they never bitch about Judaism or Islam) "passes laws" that keep them from doing things they want to do, whatever that is. Well, we don't "pass laws", we have state and federal legislatures to do that. So the real problem is that we vote. The idea that people who don't believe what they believe vote is repugnant to them. So they hate freedom.

Finally, if I ever meet an atheist who has the slightest inkling of a clue about what Christianity really believes I will shake his hand and buy him a cigar. What they usually do is twist the beliefs of a doomsday cult and claim that's what the Bible teaches and what Christianity believes.

BUT, let some cult (you know who you are) speak up and they will defend them with their dying breath because they think the very fact that heretics exist must mean they have a case.

Pathetic. Hypocritical. Illogical. Non factual. Atheists.

You seem angry.

Atheists proselytizing to me always makes me angry.

Sounds like a personal problem to me.

You are very enlightened

Even as an atheist...I enjoy reading your posts

Thank you, and right back at you. Further, even if I were not a person of faith, I would enjoy reading your posts. I've been having a great time interacting with people here.

Or how about we just leave religion outside of publicly funded events altogether?

That publicly funded teachers should not be in the business in class of telling students that they should- or should not- believe in a specific religion- or any religion?

Let me see

I have been to public luncheons that begin with a benediction, I have been to public school graduations where a pastor comes out and leads a prayer, I have been to public school football games where the coach leads the team in a prayer

Nothing stops a kid in a classroom from praying on his own. But when you force twenty children to pray you are inducing non believers to participate or risk being ostracized

Do you believe an atheist teacher should lead young children in reciting that there is no God?

Neither you or anyone else was forced to pray in any of those cases.

Again

Will you accept an atheist teacher beginning each day requiring children to recite a paragraph stating there is no GOD and no JESUS?

No, because you said requiring them to read. No one is required to start their day reading a passage of the bible.

I would have no problem with that. It happens every day in science classes anyway. Essentially.

No- essentially it doesn't.

I would have as much of a problem with a science teacher requiring a child to write a paper on why there is no god- as I would with a science teacher requiring a child to write a paper that Jesus is the only true savior.

Again

Will you accept an atheist teacher beginning each day requiring children to recite a paragraph stating there is no GOD and no JESUS?

The atheist teacher may invite children to recite the paragraph, but no, an atheist teacher may not require
such a recitation any more than a teacher of faith may require children to recite a prayer. There is a difference between requiring and inviting.

For a class of kindergarteners there is no real difference.

Yes, Congress shall make no law

Meaning taxpayer funded schools and public meetings can't be used to promote religion. As an individual, you can take your children to church where religion should be taught ...not public schools

I am glad to see you are so enlightened about your children being subjected to other religious views. Most Christians are not so enlightened

Congress cannot establish a religion. It cannot prohibit religious practice. Saying a prayer does not establish a religion. Religion does not start and stop at the front doors of a church. Religion is a way of life, and prayer is part of religion.

It is not "enlightenment" you see, but common sense. I find it interesting that Congress and citizens--due to the Constitution's position on free speech--has no problem with obscene language and vulgar suggestive images being promoted in public but run like scared rabbits when the prayer is the issue. Public school is the perfect place to teach children that America is a place where open practice of any and all (or no) religion is welcome.

When a publically funded school or government function begins with a prayer they ARE establishing a religious preference. They are acknowledging GOD and offering a prayer to said GOD

You do kn
Neither you or anyone else was forced to pray in any of those cases.

Again

No, because you said requiring them to read. No one is required to start their day reading a passage of the bible.

I would have no problem with that. It happens every day in science classes anyway. Essentially.

I would have as much of a problem with a science teacher requiring a child to write a paper on why there is no god- as I would with a science teacher requiring a child to write a paper that Jesus is the only true savior.

Yeah it does.

Yes, Congress shall make no law

Meaning taxpayer funded schools and public meetings can't be used to promote religion. As an individual, you can take your children to church where religion should be taught ...not public schools

I am glad to see you are so enlightened about your children being subjected to other religious views. Most Christians are not so enlightened

Congress cannot establish a religion. It cannot prohibit religious practice. Saying a prayer does not establish a religion. Religion does not start and stop at the front doors of a church. Religion is a way of life, and prayer is part of religion.

It is not "enlightenment" you see, but common sense. I find it interesting that Congress and citizens--due to the Constitution's position on free speech--has no problem with obscene language and vulgar suggestive images being promoted in public but run like scared rabbits when the prayer is the issue. Public school is the perfect place to teach children that America is a place where open practice of any and all (or no) religion is welcome.

When a publically funded school or government function begins with a prayer they ARE establishing a religious preference. They are acknowledging GOD and offering a prayer to said GOD

You do kn
Again

Yeah it does.

If you think teaching the periodic table is proof that there is no god- who am I to argue with you.

You wouldn't know what the 'average atheist' thought if Jesus himself told you.

. I think those types of atheist account for a very small percentage of atheist.

Those types of atheist just want sexual freedom..

You are truly obsessed with sex.

No one needs to be an atheist to be promiscuous.

I am an atheist but I don't fit in with other atheist. I see no incentive to hate religion.

I am an atheist and I don't hate religion. You don't fit in with other atheists because you think equate atheism with sex.

Maybe so but I have nothing in common with them. I'm not a homo. I'm not an adulterer. I'm not an outspoken atheist that hates religion. I have nothing in common with them. Do you have anything in common with outspoken atheists? I don't.

vasuderatorrent

You're incredibly ignorant, bigoted and passive-aggressive. You don't have the balls to say what you really think.

Fact is, there is no indication that homosexuality, adultery are any more or any less common with either the religious or atheists.

Most outspoken atheists argue for separation of church and state- which I agree with.

This is a democracy. Christians who believe in ridiculous fairy tales get to have a say as well. Militant atheists think there should be a road block that prevents Christians for voting for Christian values. The first amendment prevents the government from doing that. The first amendment is in the Constitution. Banning Christians from voting their values is in direct violation of the Constitution. The first amendment is sufficient to me. I disagree with the separation of church and state. Joseph Stalin would probably agree with you. This is another point that I disagree with the outspoken atheist. Christians get one vote. Atheists get one vote. If the Christians outnumber the atheist then guess what? It doesn't take a political science degree to understand that you won't be getting your way if you are an atheist. Whining just makes them look absolutely stupid.

vasuderatorrent

"Christians get one vote. Atheists get one vote. If the Christians outnumber the atheist then guess what? It doesn't take a political science degree to understand that you won't be getting your way if you are an atheist. "

If there were more atheists, you would outlaw believing in a god.

IOW, you would throw out the 1st.

I had someone ask me recently why, if atheism is so fulfilling, why are atheists so angry? I have been thinking about it and this is what I came up with:

Number one, atheists have to establish some kind of victimhood status so they can make it personal. They'll go back a thousand years to complain about something the Church allegedly did (and they usually make that up) to establish some level of butthurtedness. (I know, that's not a word, stay on point.) The Crusades is one of their favorites because they can make things up about that and nobody bothers to check the facts.

One of their complaints is that they claim Christianity (It's always Christianity, they never bitch about Judaism or Islam) "passes laws" that keep them from doing things they want to do, whatever that is. Well, we don't "pass laws", we have state and federal legislatures to do that. So the real problem is that we vote. The idea that people who don't believe what they believe vote is repugnant to them. So they hate freedom.

Finally, if I ever meet an atheist who has the slightest inkling of a clue about what Christianity really believes I will shake his hand and buy him a cigar. What they usually do is twist the beliefs of a doomsday cult and claim that's what the Bible teaches and what Christianity believes.

BUT, let some cult (you know who you are) speak up and they will defend them with their dying breath because they think the very fact that heretics exist must mean they have a case.

You seem angry.

Clement

So you understand why atheists get ticked at Christians preaching at them. Good. That's a start.

Now you need to work on your anger.

You seem angry.

Clement

So you understand why atheists get ticked at Christians preaching at them. Good. That's a start.

He's an idiot. For starters, atheists aren't proselytizing to him. How many atheists go door to door? Answer, none. How many atheists on this thread care what he believes? The answer is none.

Who started this bitch fest thread? Not an atheist.

You seem angry.

Clement

He's an idiot. For starters, atheists aren't proselytizing to him. How many atheists go door to door? Answer, none. How many atheists on this thread care what he believes? The answer is none.

This whole thread has been an impersonation of what you sound like to me, after having read 17 years of atheist bitchfests, usually on Christian message boards. The only thing I left out was their idiotic questions on whether or not God can make a rock He can't lift or the monotonous posts about evolution in Church history forums, so stick it in your ass.

[ Most non-believers come from the premise of, "God doesn't behave how I imagine He should, therefore there is no God."

And you know this- how?

Certainly not true in my case. I am not even sure what God I would be supposed to be thinking was not behaving correctly? The god that may or not be the god of the Jews, Christians and Muslims? The gods of the Hindus? Coyote?

Meriweather "God doesn't behave how I imagine He should, therefore there is no God."

Syriusly I completely agree with your point.

There are so many gods to choose from and yet, its always the Christians who are so constantly pissed and constantly nagging and haranguing others to agree with them. Note to Pope Clement Even before I read your posts, the raised fist in your avi is a tip off. Why can't you just leave people alone? Live and let live? Why must everyone agree with what you believe?
Because conservatives are for the most part authoritarian, seeking to compel conformity, and to disadvantage whose who refuse to conform.

The ridiculous lies contrived about persons who are free from faith is evidence of that.

Look at how clueless these people are...I didn't mention one thing about what these asshole atheists believe, only the things they do, and now they are saying that I want them to believe what I believe, and "conservatives this" and "Trump that". This is not to mention the fact that I have explained my avatar twice (except it's "introverts", not "procrastinator", I have both memes) and they think it's some kind of threat.

I'm telling you, these guys are really unhinged.

Clement

"asshole atheists"

That's where I stopped reading.

Jesus would be so proud of you.

Or how about we just leave religion outside of publicly funded events altogether?

Why?

Because then no one is forced to participate in a religious activity that they do not want to participate in.

Christians don't have to participate or attend Muslims prayers.
Jews don't have to participate or attend Christian prayers.
Muslims don't have to participate in Wiccan prayers.
And atheists don't have to participate or attend any prayers.

Virtually every religion has its own houses of worship that enjoy tax free status- those who wish to participate in public displays of their faith can do so at their church or anywhere else that is not an event for everyone of all faiths or no faiths.

You seem angry.

Clement

This whole thread has been an impersonation of what you sound like to me, after having read 17 years of atheist bitchfests, usually on Christian message boards. The only thing I left out was their idiotic questions on whether or not God can make a rock He can't lift or the monotonous posts about evolution in Church history forums, so stick it in your ass.

This whole thread has been your bitch fest of attacking people who don't believe in your fairy tales.

Why do you insist on attacking atheists?

Forum List

Back