When a law firm says they encourage women, minorities and homosexuals to apply, I don't even bother

So then you are a sympathizer

Yes, I sympathize with others, who don't have it as easy I do, who have to put in extra mile to overcome the circumstance and bias stacked against them.

So should you.
You are a sanctimonious asshole. I have a sever and lifelong disability I have had to over come and work on everyday of my life. I am quite successful and am very mindful of my fellow men, women and animals.

Who are you to sit in judgment on how hard another person has it and more importantly who is not sympathetic to those who may be challenged.

You are part of the problem not part of the solution!

lol ok how does your disability prevent you from sympathizing with those that face discrimination or contradict what I'm saying?
I don't

Well ok then, my point is well made.

antontoo: "Well ok then, my point is well made"

That you are a sanctimonious asshole who enjoys putting other people down in order to feel good about himself. Yes your point is well made.

I have certainly worked for law firms that specifically advertised for women or minorities. They hire the black guy and give him an office in the back. No one ever knows if he's competent. He's not given anything to do.

Quietly, off the public interview process the high achiever white guy is hired. He knows someone. His mother's, husband's, best friend, aunt knows someone at this firm.

These firms want to hire women and minorities. That doesn't mean they want to lose. There will be white guy actually taking care of business.
But for you to work there they would've hired you....so wtf is the problem? Are you looking for signs with "we don't encourage women, minorities and homosexuals to apply"
You do not get it.....to bludgeon the market due to some PC agenda truly thwarts capitalism.

My mantra: Only those with a nice butt, shapely legs and a cute smile need apply.

It is not "PC agenda", it is DECENCY advertised up front.

It is DECENT to encourage minorities and women to participate, to compete on even field, to be as welcomed as the white guy.

The only ones to complain are white guys who were never subject to racism and sexism. Discrimination is real, it is well documented and while we should be careful not to reverse-discriminate, we must also recognize and understand it.

Your mantra is exactly opposite - INDECENCY.

"It is DECENT to encourage minorities and women to participate"
^^^^
That is an agenda plain and simple.

My mantra is stated quite clearly up front and people abide by it or they leave. I have many people ask me for work knowing what I require
. The thing is this, and it is that this idea that minorities or women are not seeking work in all sectors unless they are somehow encouraged to do so is bull crap ridiculous. It is kept alive by agenda, you are right.

When a law firm says they encourage women, minorities and homosexuals to apply, I don't even bother

I do not want to work for people with such screwed up priorities that they would hire people based on the fact that they are a woman, a minority or a homosexual.

But for you to work there they would've hired you....so wtf is the problem? Are you looking for signs with "we don't encourage women, minorities and homosexuals to apply"
. Nice twist, but you libs are all alike, where as even though you try to turn things around like that, you miss the mark everytime.

Yea we should be more like conservatives who keep riding on the coat-tails of social progress.

When you were not defending slavery, you were segregationists, putting in place voting poll taxes, pretending like racism and sexism doesn't exist except against the white male.
. Listen at you blaming the whites in that they have to ride in on somebody's coat tail, but you aren't a racist are you ?? The very fact that you engaged in the race card like you just did, say's that you got nothing but jealousy in your heart against a white male. This is why you want the government to level the field for you ?? Why not try what the so called Uncle Tom's are doing or is that just to hard for you maybe ? The short cut is the best way right ? Uhh no it isn't unless you are able to take that cut on your own merit, then you will be showing your true smarts in life.

I'm a white male, so there goes your little bullshit theory about me being jealous. I've had a nice bias free, preffered treatment all my life and I know it's not that way for many others.
If you get preferred treatment it's because of the way you carry yourself not the color of your skin. Idiot

Dress up in a working man's outfit and goto your local Mercedes dealer and ask to drive their most expensive car and see how far your whiteness carries you.

People get judged on many factors and while at times it isn't right it is a part of human nature & instinct.

One thing is evident, you are so full of yourself that you think you get special treatment just for being you. It's absurd

So, Chaniqua Williams from Baltimore that attended Morgan State is going to have a better chance of an interview than Steve Smith from Potomac that attended University of Maryland College Park campus.

So everyone should put on heavy tanning spray, change their name to Chaniqua Williams or Jerome Jefferson & after they get hired, wash off the tanning stuff and have their name legally changed back to what it was. Problem solved.

I have certainly worked for law firms that specifically advertised for women or minorities. They hire the black guy and give him an office in the back. No one ever knows if he's competent. He's not given anything to do.

Quietly, off the public interview process the high achiever white guy is hired. He knows someone. His mother's, husband's, best friend, aunt knows someone at this firm.

These firms want to hire women and minorities. That doesn't mean they want to lose. There will be white guy actually taking care of business.
You do not get it.....to bludgeon the market due to some PC agenda truly thwarts capitalism.

My mantra: Only those with a nice butt, shapely legs and a cute smile need apply.

It is DECENT to encourage minorities and women to participate, to compete on even field, to be as welcomed as the white guy.

The only ones to complain are white guys who were never subject to racism and sexism. Discrimination is real, it is well documented and while we should be careful not to reverse-discriminate, we must also recognize and understand it.

^^^^

My mantra is stated quite clearly up front and people abide by it or they leave. I have many people ask me for work knowing what I require
. The thing is this, and it is that this idea that minorities or women are not seeking work in all sectors unless they are somehow encouraged to do so is bull crap ridiculous. It is kept alive by agenda, you are right.

I do not want to work for people with such screwed up priorities that they would hire people based on the fact that they are a woman, a minority or a homosexual.

. Nice twist, but you libs are all alike, where as even though you try to turn things around like that, you miss the mark everytime.

Yea we should be more like conservatives who keep riding on the coat-tails of social progress.

When you were not defending slavery, you were segregationists, putting in place voting poll taxes, pretending like racism and sexism doesn't exist except against the white male.
. Listen at you blaming the whites in that they have to ride in on somebody's coat tail, but you aren't a racist are you ?? The very fact that you engaged in the race card like you just did, say's that you got nothing but jealousy in your heart against a white male. This is why you want the government to level the field for you ?? Why not try what the so called Uncle Tom's are doing or is that just to hard for you maybe ? The short cut is the best way right ? Uhh no it isn't unless you are able to take that cut on your own merit, then you will be showing your true smarts in life.

I'm a white male, so there goes your little bullshit theory about me being jealous. I've had a nice bias free, preffered treatment all my life and I know it's not that way for many others.
. So your another idiot attacking one by ones color (i.e.using the term white male in your post). Good grief, so do you think you countered me with your bull crap response ??? Folks these people who are white, and then making post that attack the color white in which they are, remind me of the idiot whites sitting there cheering on Louis Farrakhan when he gets on one of his white devil rants... ROTFLMBO..

Yes, I sympathize with others, who don't have it as easy I do, who have to put in extra mile to overcome the circumstance and bias stacked against them.

So should you.
You are a sanctimonious asshole. I have a sever and lifelong disability I have had to over come and work on everyday of my life. I am quite successful and am very mindful of my fellow men, women and animals.

Who are you to sit in judgment on how hard another person has it and more importantly who is not sympathetic to those who may be challenged.

lol ok how does your disability prevent you from sympathizing with those that face discrimination or contradict what I'm saying?
I don't

That you are a sanctimonious asshole who enjoys putting other people down in order to feel good about himself. Yes your point is well made.

Amazing, YOU are the one that keep calling me names, while talking about how I'm supposedly putting you down. You can't make this shit up.

^^^^

If you get preferred treatment it's because of the way you carry yourself not the color of your skin. Idiot

Dress up in a working man's outfit and goto your local Mercedes dealer and ask to drive their most expensive car and see how far your whiteness carries you.

People get judged on many factors and while at times it isn't right it is a part of human nature & instinct.

One thing is evident, you are so full of yourself that you think you get special treatment just for being you. It's absurd

Yes, there are many things we get judged by, color of the skin shouldn't be one of those.

Nothing wrong with an employer welcoming diversity and being proud of it.

Last edited:

^^^^

Yes, there are many things we get judged by, color of the skin shouldn't be one of those.

Nothing wrong with an employer welcoming diversity and being proud of it.
. Was the employer doing this voluntarily or was he or she promoting unfair hiring practices because he or she was trying to kiss the government's ace or was scared to death not to do such a thing because the PC police would be around soon to inspect the hiring practice or shake them down ?????? How many companies did Jessie Jackson and crew shake down ? I thought so.

I don't

Amazing, YOU are the one that keep calling me names, while talking about how I'm supposedly putting you down. You can't make this shit up.
Non point...bombastic fool

So, Chaniqua Williams from Baltimore that attended Morgan State is going to have a better chance of an interview than Steve Smith from Potomac that attended University of Maryland College Park campus.

So everyone should put on heavy tanning spray, change their name to Chaniqua Williams or Jerome Jefferson & after they get hired, wash off the tanning stuff and have their name legally changed back to what it was. Problem solved.
My son sent in his resume to a software development company. He got a polite turndown. He sent the exact same resume under the name Sanjay Patel and got an interview.

My son sent in his resume to a software development company. He got a polite turndown. He sent the exact same resume under the name Sanjay Patel and got an interview.
. Amazing right ? Anyone who thinks this stuff Isn't agenda driven is crazy or their head is in the sand.

You are a lawyer? You should see if you can get on with Kyle Bristow. I think he has his own firm. He wouldn't be looking for homosexuals or feminists....google him.

Forum List

Back