When a President Says He is "Not A Dictator..."

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
When a President says he is "not a dictator"...he indicates that he wishes he were one.

Just sayin'.

Q: Couldn't you just have them down here and refuse to let GOP leaders leave the room?

"I'm not a dictator, I'm the president. [If McConnell or Boehner want to catch a plane], "I can't have Secret Service block the doorway. I know this has been some of the conventional wisdom. Somehow, even though most people agree that I'm being reasonable, the fact that they don't take it, that I should somehow do a Jedi mind meld [with them]...."

Obama: sequester is 'a series of dumb, arbitrary cuts' ? live updates | World news | guardian.co.uk

That's not the indication at all. It's that there is this stupid media narrative that the President can get anything done through sheer force of personality. It's a running media narrative across presidencies and it's completely moronic.

When a President says he is "not a dictator"...he indicates that he wishes he were one.

Just sayin'.

Wow, I am absolutely knocked out by your brilliant political analytical skills, no doubt honed by years of scholarly research and observation.

And for those that say there is no media bias whatsoever....

Where was the following question....

"You are saying that the GOP refuses to budge and it is up to them to agree to reforming the tax loopholes....and you are saying that the impass falls squarely on the shoulders of the GOP. But you also mentioned that there are many in the democratic caucus that wont budge on the entitlement reform side of it. So are you sayin gthat the Democratic party is equally to blame for the impasse; or do you still say it is all on the shoiulders of the GOP?"

Or....simply said this way...

"Based on what you said, It appears Boehner and McConnel refused to make a deal today. Was Reid and Pelosi willing to do so?"

"You are saying that the GOP refuses to budge and it is up to them to agree to reforming the tax loopholes....and you are saying that the impass falls squarely on the shoulders of the GOP. But you also mentioned that there are many in the democratic caucus that wont budge on the entitlement reform side of it. So are you sayin gthat the Democratic party is equally to blame for the impasse; or do you still say it is all on the shoiulders of the GOP?"

"Based on what you said, It appears Boehner and McConnel refused to make a deal today. Was Reid and Pelosi willing to do so?"

Either way it proves he isn't a dictator.

How bad is his leadership if he even has to come out and say He is "Not A Dictator..."

Where is the bias in that question? They're taking a claim he made and asking him to explain it in light of other factors.

Just sayin'.

Q: Couldn't you just have them down here and refuse to let GOP leaders leave the room?

"I'm not a dictator, I'm the president. [If McConnell or Boehner want to catch a plane], "I can't have Secret Service block the doorway. I know this has been some of the conventional wisdom. Somehow, even though most people agree that I'm being reasonable, the fact that they don't take it, that I should somehow do a Jedi mind meld [with them]...."

Obama: sequester is 'a series of dumb, arbitrary cuts' ? live updates | World news | guardian.co.uk

That's a fun way to look at things.....so if a person says they are not gay...they wish they were? :eusa_eh:

No he didn't; only a partisan hack would so suggest.

Just sayin'.

Jeez.

I have a great uncle who helped liberate the concentration camps at the end of WW II. HE could tell you what a REAL dictator is capable of doing.

My H and I landed in Dar es Salaam (Tanzania) in 1999 and we checked into our hotel the same day their president died. We were told we could not leave the hotel for 3 days as the period of national mourning was in effect and no one was supposed to go to work, and that if we did we would be arrested and thrown into jail. No kidding.

People in this country have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA unless they have lived in other countries, what a dictatorship looks and feels like.

Just sayin'.

Profound observation

It is obvious Obama wishes he had the power to throw Boehner and McConnell in jail

:cuckoo:

Just sayin'.

That's a fun way to look at things.....so if a person says they are not gay...they wish they were? :eusa_eh:

Whys do you always have to make it about you Bodey? :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Just sayin'.

If you said you weren't an idiot, apparently, it's an indication you're an idiot. Thanks for clearing that up.

I have a great uncle who helped liberate the concentration camps at the end of WW II. HE could tell you what a REAL dictator is capable of doing.

Give him time.

Poland wasn't burned in a day, you know.

Clean out your headgear soldier. They can't even get a bunch of rich guys to balance a budget, much less take over a country.

Obama doesnt want to balance the budget. Or haven't you been paying attention?

My comment was about Obama's wish to be a dictator, not a claim that he is one (despite his best efforts to abuse his executive power and to undermine The Constitution).

Not the first time he has mentioned being a dictator:
Mr. Obama has told people that it would be so much easier to be the president of China. As one official put it, “No one is scrutinizing Hu Jintao’s words in Tahrir Square.” This was back on March 11, 2011.
You have to love the title of this article: Obama’s Dictator Dreams: America’s Nightmare
Obama?s Dictator Dreams: America?s Nightmare :

Forum List

Back