When are far Lefties ever invited to speak at Conservative events ?

You really don't know the difference between private organizations and tax-payer funded public universities?

That's irrelevant. Private orgs are free to invite whoever .
It is very relevant. I'll tell you what, you give Me a list of conservative universities that deny progressive speakers. Until then, put your helmet on and hush.

:lol:

I'm guessing that Gloria Steinem's invitation to speak at Bob Jones University was lost in the mail then?
Beats Me. The issue isn't whether invitations have been issued, but if they actively seek to prevent them from speaking.

A student at Bob Jones could be expelled for simply owning a copy of one of Gloria Steinem's books.

What do you expect would happen if a student suggested inviting her to campus to speak?

It is very relevant. I'll tell you what, you give Me a list of conservative universities that deny progressive speakers. Until then, put your helmet on and hush.
Christian schools I have been known to punish staff who support gay and lesbian. Notre Dame would not allow speakers at graduation if they supported abortion.
They don't have to allow those speakers.

Not inviting pro abortion speakers is not a violation of first amendment rights

So then why is not inviting rightwing speakers a violation of first amendment rights for Berkeley?
It isn't. Every speaker that has been denied at Berkeley was invited.

Invited by a student group is not the same thing as being invited by the school.

You really don't know the difference between private organizations and tax-payer funded public universities?

I'm guessing that Gloria Steinem's invitation to speak at Bob Jones University was lost in the mail then?
Beats Me. The issue isn't whether invitations have been issued, but if they actively seek to prevent them from speaking.

A student at Bob Jones could be expelled for simply owning a copy of one of Gloria Steinem's books.

What do you expect would happen if a student suggested inviting her to campus to speak?
You have a link proving that? Is Bob Jones a private or public university?

http://www.bju.edu/life-faith/student-handbook.pdf

Why does its status as "public" or "private" matter?

Christian schools I have been known to punish staff who support gay and lesbian. Notre Dame would not allow speakers at graduation if they supported abortion.

So then why is not inviting rightwing speakers a violation of first amendment rights for Berkeley?

Invited by a student group is not the same thing as being invited by the school.
So, the University allows student groups they approve of to invite people?

Being invited by the student body IS a legitimate invitation and if the University denies Conservative groups to invite conservative speakers, but allows progressive students to invite progressive speakers, they are in violation of the First Amendment, not to mention outright discrimination.

Timmy's little thread cannot be justified. Nice try though.

Only certain student groups are allowed to invite speakers at Berkeley?

What?

You can't be serious?

you cons like to talk a lot crap about free speech. When do you ever accept left wing speech ?

I don't see Hillary being invited to NRA conventions . For example .

I never accept Herpes or Syphilis either. Something wrong with that?

Hillarious has been invited to all kinds of interviews and things; she never shows up anywhere unless it is both a friendly venue and also willing to submit all questions in advance to Donna Brazille to screen and think up answers for Hillary to say for all of the cushy, supportive questions like what is Hillary's favorite toppings for pasta!

But I tell you what, Twiggy, let me know when the DNC invites Rush or Michael Savage as their keynote speaker for their next affair and I'll see to it that Hillary gets a 'vite to the next NRA national convention. She can even pop out of a cake in a bathing suit and pick the tickets for the winners of the gun raffles!

you cons like to talk a lot crap about free speech. When do you ever accept left wing speech ?

Hillary Clinton is NOT far left(.) Van Hollen, Markey, Warren, Harris, Booker, Frankin, and Sanders are as close to "left" as you can find in national politics. And CONs do not like to learn of other ideas it appears.

Last edited:
Obama gave a speech at Notre Dame, but they had to cover the statutes because they offended the Liberal Bigots.

Are you really this dense are or you just being a trolling tard?

So, the University allows student groups they approve of to invite people?

Being invited by the student body IS a legitimate invitation and if the University denies Conservative groups to invite conservative speakers, but allows progressive students to invite progressive speakers, they are in violation of the First Amendment, not to mention outright discrimination.

Timmy's little thread cannot be justified. Nice try though.

Yes, that's how it works. A student group (in this case, a conservative campus newspaper with a tiny membership of students) suggests an invitation, and then the school itself approves or denies the invitation, based on a number of factors.

There is no part of the First Amendment that demands colleges be "fair" with their invitations. The First Amendment does not guarantee a venue to speak.

No, all groups are allowed to invite speakers, with approval from the school.

What?

You can't be serious?

I am serious. Can you answer the question?

Bob Jones University. Bob Jones University (BJU) is a private, non-denominational Protestant university in Greenville, South Carolina, United States, known for its conservative cultural and religious positions.

Bob Jones University - Wikipedia

Hillary Clinton is not of the Left. There are only two political parties in the USA; the Right (Democrat) and the Alt-Right (Republican).

It's a Catholic school.

just how fucking dumb are you?

and you know every public school punishes anyone that mentions god.

hypocrite much?

No, all groups are allowed to invite speakers, with approval from the school.
Ahh... so the school only denies speakers invited by certain student groups?

Forum List

Back