When Has A U.S. President Saluted An Enemy General?

It is amazing how similar partisans on the left and right are.

When BO bowed to dictators and shit on America in foriegn nations, the right went nuts.

Now we have the Left doing the same thing...though it does appear the Left is inflamed over stupid shit often times. This thread would seem to provide evidence of this.
The Great Obama had to apologize for the excesses of Bush

Wait till you see the apologies that will be necessary for Trump

Certainly don't recall hearing The Great BSer (Obama) apologize for his excessive spending.

That spending saved the economy.
THE GREAT OBAMA...SAVED US....LMFAO.

...then after leaving office, the first thing he does is go to Wall Street to garner huge payoffs. He could always be counted on to protect the .01%.

He saved this nation from a depression. What he is doing now as a private citizen doesn't matter. But I really don't think he working on Wall Street.

Pretty sure Obama doesn't understand the word "work".

geezus christ people want to make dolly parton tits out of carpenters dream girlfriends.

Do soldiers salute officers from opposing armies? Does navy salute army?

this is zero big deal unless your panties are wadded up too tight.

I agree and if Obama had done it they would be crowing about what a great man he is.

It is a zero big deal but the lefty loons on this board have to have something to bitch about.

Had Obama done this you on the right would still be howling about it.

So Trump slaps tariffs on our closest allies, snubs them, bails early on them, and then attacks them via Twitter once he's safely on Air Force One, jets off to see his new BFF Kim Jong Un, a murderous dictator, says we are canceling our military exercises with South Korea (ones that I've taken part in, as well as visiting the DMZ) and if all of that is not bad enough, this moron salutes an enemy General.

This guy is a special kind of stupid.

(What do you think Kim is thinking in this picture? "Holy Shit, the Dotard is even dumber than I thought!")

Salute!

Oh for Christ's sakes.

The Korean General saluted and Trump, who did go to a military college and knows the response, saluted back.

Big Fucking No Deal.

He went to military school over 50 years ago

Prior to meeting Kim, he should have been briefed about protocols and the impact of certain optics

As usual, Trump was asleep

Bullshit. Once you experience the military life you never forget it.

As usual. You are full of shit.

Bullshit

Trump forgot his military values the second he left military school

Says you who know him so well.

As usual. You are full of shit.
Living in the NY area, I have watched Trump for over 35 years.
He shows no military values in his personal or business life

Oh and by watching him you learned this??

I doubt you know Trump at all.

The North Korean media filmed him doing it and that's where it's playing. You do not salute a North Korean General, even if that North Korean general used an unfair jedi mind trick by saluting first.

It is a breach of military courtesy not to return a salute, no matter who is offering it.

The CNN-paid generals by saying otherwise should be publicly castigated for their ignorance.

Really? You got a source that states it is required that a U.S. President or anyone for that matter is required to salute a North Korean general?

You people are too funny, you're practically making the case that's it's unpatriotic to not salute a general of an enemy state.

Where did I say it was required, dumbass?

I wish you libtards would learn to read and actually understand what you are reading!

Fine, you said 'It is a breach of military courtesy not to return a salute, no matter who is offering it'.

Where is your source regarding this breach in courtesy to not salute the enemy? Quit stalling and show it.

When did you serve? Oh wait, you didn't. Shut up.

"In the military, returning a salute from a military officer of a friendly foreign nation is common practice for US military officers and considered a display of military professionalism. There is no rule that a US president is obliged to return a salute, which is considered a sign of mutual respect."

Trump returns salute of North Korean general at summit, state media footage reveals - CNNPolitics

Now shut up and get back in your kitchen, you're too stupid for anything else.

Really? North Korea is not a 'friendly foreign nation' and you missed the part of your article where Trump was advised not to salute.

You kind of just proved yourself wrong. For the love of all you hold dear, choke, swallow, spit, I don't care but after that at some point you're going to have to pull Trump's wee-wee out of your mouth so that you can breathe.

Fascinating watching those who never served run their mouths about military protocol.....no wonder a fairy born in Kenya played them like a tuba.....for EIGHT YEARS!

Certainly don't recall hearing The Great BSer (Obama) apologize for his excessive spending.

...then after leaving office, the first thing he does is go to Wall Street to garner huge payoffs. He could always be counted on to protect the .01%.

He saved this nation from a depression. What he is doing now as a private citizen doesn't matter. But I really don't think he working on Wall Street.

I think he knows more about work than you ever will.

I can't find any military protocol where saluting a North Korean General is appropriate. So, prove your point, or admit you don't know what you're talking about or perhaps you lied.

Where did you look....Huffy or moron.org? We aren't obligated to prove anything to you, fish..why waste the keystrokes?

Google. Can you find anything where it's OK for a U.S. President to salute a North Korean General? You have the opportunity to prove John Wayne's point, why don't you?

geezus christ people want to make dolly parton tits out of carpenters dream girlfriends.

I agree and if Obama had done it they would be crowing about what a great man he is.

It is a zero big deal but the lefty loons on this board have to have something to bitch about.

Nope. My whole family was military up until this generation. I know how the military works.

I would have applauded Obama for his returning a salute because I know Obama knows nothing about the military.

It was respect given and respect returned.

You lefties need to light a candle and move the fuck on.

Fascinating watching those who never served run their mouths about military protocol.....no wonder a fairy born in Kenya played them like a tuba.....for EIGHT YEARS!

But that did not happen.

Ohhh, now I see why (never in the military) John Wayne thinks it's OK to salute a North Korean General, Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that's normal. What an idiot.

Did Allied POWs salute their German captors during WWII?

cropped.jpg

I guess this is photoshopped!

Just shows how little some folks actually know about the military and it protocols.

My whole family was military until this generation and I've seen may a salute given and returned.

Ain't rocket science but you need to at least be familiar with how the military does things.

Nope. My whole family was military up until this generation. I know how the military works.

I would have applauded Obama for his returning a salute because I know Obama knows nothing about the military.

It was respect given and respect returned.

You lefties need to light a candle and move the fuck on.

Sure. OK.

You seem to forget that Trump ran from Vietnam and that there were no wars for Obama to serve in.

ok------so trump made a mistake------BEYOND the usual hoof in mouth.
He can learn

Which mistake would that be...

Promising to stop working with South Korea Militarily getting nothing from NK....

Calling Kim a 'very smart', a war criminal who sells sex slaves to China while killing his own people...

Oh yeah, he saluted a General in another army...

Trump got played by Kim, Isrealis said so too
Secret Israeli Memo Cast Doubt That Trump’s Korea Summit Accomplished Anything

Getting nothing? Didn't the NORKs agree to destroy a missile testing facility?

No, a mountain had destroyed it for them. So, we already had that.

North Korea nuclear test site has collapsed and may be out of action – China study

FYI, the exercises are not until August , so there is still time if Kim reneges.

If Kim reneges on what? He didn't give us anything to renege on.

I swear you are one of the dumbest pieces of shit I have ever seen!

I said missile testing facility.

You posted about their nuclear test site!

Does your keeper allow you out on the streets without supervision? Aren't they afraid you will hurt yourself or someone else by being so stupid?

Ohhh, now I see why (never in the military) John Wayne thinks it's OK to salute a North Korean General, Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that's normal. What an idiot.

cropped.jpg

So, basically you can't prove that it is military protocol for for a U.S. President to salute a North Korean General. Instead you come back with POW's saluting their captors?

That is actually a separate deal between military POWs and their captors and has nothing to do with this situation with Trump.

If You Should Be Captured, These Are Your Rights - War Department Pamphlet No. 21-7 - May 1944 (Lone Sentry)

If you are an enlisted prisoner of war, you must salute all enemy officers. If you are an officer prisoner of war, you salute only enemy officers of equal or higher rank. You render your own salute, not the salute as executed by the enemy.

God damn, buddy, if you served then I can only imagine the disgust those you served with would feel about you.

I think he knows more about work than you ever will.

Yup, that community organizing must be rough.

It is amazing how similar partisans on the left and right are.

When BO bowed to dictators and shit on America in foriegn nations, the right went nuts.

Now we have the Left doing the same thing...though it does appear the Left is inflamed over stupid shit often times. This thread would seem to provide evidence of this.

That's hilarious...but you being a racist, makes sense.

BO is just as much a corporatist, warmonger, lying scumbag as the worse politician in American history. Too bad you are blind in both eyes and can't see the truth.

cropped.jpg

So you are comparing POW's who faced death if they did not salute to what Trump did.

I can't find any military protocol where saluting a North Korean General is appropriate. So, prove your point, or admit you don't know what you're talking about or perhaps you lied.

Where did you look....Huffy or moron.org? We aren't obligated to prove anything to you, fish..why waste the keystrokes?

Google. Can you find anything where it's OK for a U.S. President to salute a North Korean General? You have the opportunity to prove John Wayne's point, why don't you?

If you watch the tape Trump attempts to initially shake hands. WTF is wrong with you loons.

cropped.jpg

Just shows how little some folks actually know about the military and it protocols.

My whole family was military until this generation and I've seen may a salute given and returned.

Ain't rocket science but you need to at least be familiar with how the military does things.

Well, no, it shows how little John Wayne knows and he's looking for any little tidbit that will demonstrate a U.S. President should salute a North Korean General and he's using WWII protocols for how a captured POW should salute their captors, however only if their rank is equal or higher. It's two completely different things, but leave to you twats to look for any excuse, including distorting history to rationalize Trump.

Forum List

Back