When I was in San Francisco

got lost on a bridge????? rather hard to do isnt it

Well my sense of direction not one of my strong points, but also MANY people on the bridge and my friend - who is from Oakland - we just lose track and then I couldn't find them and then all of this lead to bridge Security thinking I was thinking of jumping off the bridge, very confusing situation all round.

How did you like San Francisco Lucy?

There's a person named "San Francisco Lucy"?
Fuck... be careful fellers, we got an English language professor here.....

Proper English...the curse of The Jew.

Lucy, what did you think of San Francisco? .....Better?:desk:

My friend took me to a baseball game, Oakland A's vs Chicago....can't remember if Cubs or White Sox. Anyhow, excellent situation as the Oakland's A's wearing WHITE pants and I get to look at MANY nice asses via my Opera Glasses that I took especially for this occasion to get better look at nice asses :smile:

When I was in San Francisco, I got lost on Golden Gate Bridge and was walking up and down trying to find my friend.

So, after about 10 minutes of walking up and down the bridge, all of a sudden a whole range of bridge Security people come to me and say "We're here, you don't have to do this, let's talk about it"

And I think WTF are they meaning? And they thought I was thinking of jumping off Golden Gate Bridge. They told me that when people are often thinking of jumping, they walk up and down the bridge contemplating situation because a jump is a One-Way Ticket.

Anyhow, all was solved when I told them I wasn't thinking of jumping, but was looking for my friend and of course we find my friend and that was good.

This whole situation still one of the strangest I've ever experienced :smoke:

Should have just kept heading north to Napa, sampled every wine they had and gotten looped, then came back to the bridge. By then the authorities, guided by your friend, would be searching the bay.

Then the two of you could have driven up to Bodega Bay where they filmed The Birds.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

How did you like San Francisco Lucy?

There's a person named "San Francisco Lucy"?
Fuck... be careful fellers, we got an English language professor here.....

Proper English...the curse of The Jew.

Lucy, what did you think of San Francisco? .....Better?:desk:

I like San Francisco, very many beautiful buildings and good restaurants.

When I was in San Francisco, I got lost on Golden Gate Bridge and was walking up and down trying to find my friend.

So, after about 10 minutes of walking up and down the bridge, all of a sudden a whole range of bridge Security people come to me and say "We're here, you don't have to do this, let's talk about it"

And I think WTF are they meaning? And they thought I was thinking of jumping off Golden Gate Bridge. They told me that when people are often thinking of jumping, they walk up and down the bridge contemplating situation because a jump is a One-Way Ticket.

Anyhow, all was solved when I told them I wasn't thinking of jumping, but was looking for my friend and of course we find my friend and that was good.

Should have just kept heading north to Napa, sampled every wine they had and gotten looped, then came back to the bridge. By then the authorities, guided by your friend, would be searching the bay.

Then the two of you could have driven up to Bodega Bay where they filmed The Birds.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

We were in Napa Valley also and also Sacramento, I can't remember if we were in Bodega Bay though.

We did this different days, or yes as you say, the authorities might have searched the Bay :eek-52:

I add I've also visited Phoenix, Arizona, Atlanta, Georgia, Newport, Rhode Island and people already know I was in Texas for six months....and for most part I only have good experiences with the American people, very friendly and helpful.

I add I've also visited Phoenix, Arizona, Atlanta, Georgia, Newport, Rhode Island and people already know I was in Texas for six months....and for most part I only have good experiences with the American people, very friendly and helpful.
Until now.....

Until now.....

I think next we visit Baton Rouge, Louisiana....also when I was in Texas, I liked the Cajun food, good stuff.

I hate San Francisco. I have to go there for a work a lot. It's a filthy fucking city populated by the dredges of society.

I hate San Francisco. I have to go there for a work a lot. It's a filthy fucking city populated by the dredges of society.

I liked parts I visited, but I stayed with my friend in Oakland, I liked many of the buildings in San Francisco, Victorian architecture, although I think many of them must have been rebuilt because of the Great Fire, earthquakes etc.

Speaking of funny story's about cops, back in the 80s went to a Indy car race up in Wisconsin, I got drunk and passed out in the mid field during the morning under a tree and no one was around.

Well when I woke up, paramedics and cops putting were putting cold towels on me and there must have been about 20,000 people all around and across the speedway in the grand stands watching me.

How embarresing , I told them I was just sleeping :)

I liked parts I visited, but I stayed with my friend in Oakland, I liked many of the buildings in San Francisco, Victorian architecture, although I think many of them must have been rebuilt because of the Great Fire, earthquakes etc.

If you rent a car, definitely best to get an automatic transmission. Those hills aren't for the stick-shift faint of heart.

If you rent a car, definitely best to get an automatic transmission. Those hills aren't for the stick-shift faint of heart.

We were in my friends car, and yes very unusual roads in San Francisco....also an entire street called Castro where EVERYONE was gay....I don't know if this street named for Fidel Castro, I'll have to Google it.

We were in my friends car, and yes very unusual roads in San Francisco....also an entire street called Castro where EVERYONE was gay....I don't know if this street named for Fidel Castro, I'll have to Google it.

No not named for Fidel Castro, named for this man:

José Castro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your story reminds me of something that happened to me once. While working in the yard one evening I cut my leg pretty bad. It would not stop bleeding, so after awhile I decided I needed to go to the ER. It took a long time at the ER. I got stitched up and they gave me a tetanus shot as a precaution. I was told to sit in the waiting room for 20 minutes to make sure I did not have a reaction to the injection.

I frequently have had reactions to injections. It is not the injection itself or fear of needles; getting shots do not freak me out. There is some kind of medical episode (it has a name, but I cannot remember it) that occurs to some people when they get an injection that causes them to get sick and sometimes pass out. It's something about your body reacting to a sudden rush of medicine that shocks your system. I have this, and I told the ER people, but it was a busy Saturday night.

So I have a seat in the waiting room after getting the shot. Of course, in about 5 minutes my pulse accelerates, I start sweating and I can feel that I am going to pass out. I go to the desk and tell the woman something like "I just had an injection and I am getting sick. I am about to pass out". The woman does not remember me from hours earlier because they are busy.

The woman makes a quick call and then suddenly a buzzer goes off, a med tech and a nurse rush out together and scurry me back into the ER, get me seated and start rapidly asking me what I took and how long ago I took it. Obviously, they thought I just walked in off the street and had overdosed on heroin or some other hard, illegal drug.

I told them that THEY had given me the injection a few minutes earlier and that I was having a reaction to the injection that THEY had given me, not from something I was shooting myself up with! They looked at me stupidly. I told them that all I needed was to lie down for a few minutes with a cold compress and I will be fine. They obliged, and in about 10-15 minutes I was fine and left.

They were just taking precautions, I know. It is probably a good thing. But goddamn, they went into total freak out mode. They should have noticed that I had a bright yellow hospital bracelet on from earlier.

Anyway, your story reminded me of this.

Your story reminds me of something that happened to me once. While working in the yard one evening I cut my leg pretty bad. It would not stop bleeding, so after awhile I decided I needed to go to the ER. It took a long time at the ER. I got stitched up and they gave me a tetanus shot as a precaution. I was told to sit in the waiting room for 20 minutes to make sure I did not have a reaction to the injection.

I frequently have had reactions to injections. It is not the injection itself or fear of needles; getting shots do not freak me out. There is some kind of medical episode (it has a name, but I cannot remember it) that occurs to some people when they get an injection that causes them to get sick and sometimes pass out. It's something about your body reacting to a sudden rush of medicine that shocks your system. I have this, and I told the ER people, but it was a busy Saturday night.

So I have a seat in the waiting room after getting the shot. Of course, in about 5 minutes my pulse accelerates, I start sweating and I can feel that I am going to pass out. I go to the desk and tell the woman something like "I just had an injection and I am getting sick. I am about to pass out". The woman does not remember me from hours earlier because they are busy.

The woman makes a quick call and then suddenly a buzzer goes off, a med tech and a nurse rush out together and scurry me back into the ER, get me seated and start rapidly asking me what I took and how long ago I took it. Obviously, they thought I just walked in off the street and had overdosed on heroin or some other hard, illegal drug.

I told them that THEY had given me the injection a few minutes earlier and that I was having a reaction to the injection that THEY had given me, not from something I was shooting myself up with! They looked at me stupidly. I told them that all I needed was to lie down for a few minutes with a cold compress and I will be fine. They obliged, and in about 10-15 minutes I was fine and left.

They were just taking precautions, I know. It is probably a good thing. But goddamn, they went into total freak out mode. They should have noticed that I had a bright yellow hospital bracelet on from earlier.

Anyway, your story reminded me of this.

Wow what a crazy situation you had there, all I can think of is that very often nurses are so swamped they must forget faces.

The last time I was in San Francisco ; I got honorably discharged from the Army..... after more than a year in Korea.

Shadow 355

Forum List

Back