🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

When Liberals Control Education....

No, but that's the conclusion your tiny mind would jump to. You are the King of Projection here so far today. Congrats Christian.

"That" is the truth. Wherein the facts represented as the record of this discussion establish, in incontrovertible terms.

And FYI: You've already conceded to the standing points, through your failure to sustain your position. It's not necessary for you to re-concede, as you've done here. But if you feel you must, I'll happily note and accepted it example of such.

Your latest concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.
It's a shame you aren't rational, you'd be kind of fun I suspect.

LOL!

Rational: based on or in accordance with reason or logic.

Using the literal definition of the word YOU USED, show the board the specific points within my contributions which fail to meet the specifics of that concept.

And, of course, where you fail to do so, you will be conceding that your position fails to rise to that standard, through the failure to sustain your projection, which meets this standard:

Irrational: not logical or reasonable.

Fingers CROSSED!

Now... GO!
You believe Jesus is Lord. There's no need to go beyond that however I gave you a simple and highly specific question where the correct rational answer was obvious, and you ran away from it since it went against your dogma. Nothing more need be said.

Whats the conservative method of education?

Post #54

Thats a long list of maybes, possiblies etc. Is there anything that conservatives are offering besides a list of "this could be good"?

Thats probably the reason the conservative method isnt being adopted. There isnt one

Number one reform that would improve education: demand honesty and acumen; i.e., ban Liberals.
Education is a Liberal Idea, try again.

When Liberals Control Education

maybe they'll include PC.

Post #54

Thats a long list of maybes, possiblies etc. Is there anything that conservatives are offering besides a list of "this could be good"?

Thats probably the reason the conservative method isnt being adopted. There isnt one

I can't speak for the Chic... but I would say that simply returning to the effective teaching of reading & writing principles, inducing the extensive practice of same, the training and practice of sound mathematic and science fundamentals, adding the training of sound fiscal principle and application of same and the principles of sound governance, the traits and practices of a sound, productive citizen.

Last edited:
When liberals run schools, you get Nobel Prize winners, Scientists, people with skills.

When Republicans run schools, you get a 6,000 year old earth, magical creation and trickle down. Which probably explains why so many of their kids never graduate.

Post #54

Number one reform that would improve education: demand honesty and acumen; i.e., ban Liberals.

When you're dead, you don't know you're dead: it's only a reality for others.
And that applies to you in this way: it's the same when you're stupid.

It's a shame you aren't rational, you'd be kind of fun I suspect.

Sound Reason said:
LOL! Rational: based on or in accordance with reason or logic. Using the literal definition of the word YOU USED, show the board the specific points within my contributions which fail to meet the specifics of that concept. And, of course, where you fail to do so, you will be conceding that your position fails to rise to that standard, through the failure to sustain your projection, which meets this standard: Irrational: not logical or reasonable.
Now... GO!

You believe Jesus is Lord. There's no need to go beyond that ... .

Add to that your demonstrated inability to go beyond it and PRESTO! Another classic demonstration of the perverse, crippling species of reasoning known as "RELATIVISM".

Your third concession to the same standing points is duly noted and summarily accepted.

Post #54

You prove that in spades little one but you are correct, that's how it works. Good for you in this case.

Post #54

I can't speak for the Chic... but I would say that simply returning to the effective teaching of reading & writing principles, inducing the extensive practice of same, the training and practice of sound mathematical and science fundamentals, adding the training of sound fiscal principle and application of same and the principles of sound governance, the traits and practices of a sound, productive citizen.

...proof abounds that American students have fallen behind since Dewey and Progressive methodology has been mandated in our schools.

Could it be that conservative/traditional methods are actually the best path to educating students???

You betcha'!!!

12. " Traditionally, classrooms have been organised with children sitting in rows with the teacher at the front of the room, directing learning and ensuring a disciplined classroom environment. This is known as direct instruction.

Beginning in the late 1960s and early ‘70s, teachers began to experiment with more innovative and experimental styles of teaching. These included basing learning on children’s interests, giving them more control over what happened in the classroom and getting rid of memorising times tables and doing mental arithmetic. This approach is known as inquiry or discovery learning.

.... there is increasing evidence that these new-age education techniques, where teachers facilitate instead of teach and praise students on the basis that all must be winners, in open classrooms where what children learn is based on their immediate interests, lead to under-performance." MercatorNet 8216 Chalk and talk 8217 teaching might be the best way after all

When you're dead, you don't know you're dead:

will the profundities never cease ?

You prove that in spades little one but you are correct, that's how it works. Good for you in this case.

Wow....a "so are you" post.

What a dope.

Add to that your demonstrated inability to go beyond it and PRESTO! Another classic demonstration of the perverse, crippling species of reasoning known as "RELATIVISM".

Your third concession to the same standing points is duly noted and summarily accepted.
If only your brain was as good as your vocabulary? Oh well, onward.

What a dope.
The dope in this case is the one who posts nothing but your typical mishmash of propaganda, which you believe to be profoundly insightful when it is anything but...

The People rest...

What a dope.
The dope in this case is the one who posts nothing but your typical mishmash of propaganda, which you believe to be profoundly insightful when it is anything but...

You could not be more wrong. You could try, but you would not be successful.

Subjective, unfounded, insubstantial, vacuous... all asserted as TRUTH, despite having NO BASIS IN REALITY WHATSOEVER!

Relativism ON PARADE!

The People rest...
You had nothing so that's perfectly fine. I'm sure there's a church toilet that needs cleaning somewhere...

What a dope.

You could not be more wrong. You could try, but you would not be successful.
Remember that part about not knowing when you're stupid? Bingo.

"Conservative" K-12 education would have some of the following characterists:

Subjects would be taught (and tested) quantitatively. You are there to learn facts and information, how to make calculations, how to think logically and to draw defensible conclusions from known facts, using deductive or inductive reasoning. In the earlier grades the focus would be purely on imparting information and knowledge, moving up through the grades, logic and reasoning would be increasingly required.

Grades would be based on whether you have mastered the materials. Period. Whether your grade makes you feel good or inadequate would be irrelevant. Passing from one grade to the next would be done without compromise. If you don't know the material, you remain in the lower grade, or are transferred to a non-academic program where you will learn useful skills for life and employment.

Students would be grouped according to demonstrated ability level, and challenged as much as possible. The grading in a typical class would approximate a "bell curve," with just as many failing as get "A's." Teachers whose grades were consistently skewed, one way or another, would be challenged to justify the deviation.

If one gender or ethnic group tended to be over or under-represented in a given class or for a certain honor or criticism, tough shit. Unless the grade or placement or award or punishment were demonstrated to be unjustified, it would stand.

History would be taught from an "American" perspective, with due recognition of contemporary reality. No one would go into fits of apoplexy upon learning that Thomas Jefferson owned slaves, nor would his tremendous historical accomplishments be questioned because some so-called "African Americans" claim to be his descendants.

Teachers would be evaluated according to their academic results, and the criteria for measuring those results would be negotiated jointly by teachers and the Administration. Teachers who produced persistently poor results (relative to reasonable expectations) would be terminated, with no apologies. Thus the teachers who remain for a period of years would be paid appropriately as professionals.

Dress codes would be in place to ensure that all students are clean, neat, respectful, and in the case of girls, MODESTLY dressed. There would be uniform dress codes across the entire state, and they would be strictly enforced, with assistance given to students who lack the resources to buy acceptable clothing. (I would suggest that appropriate clothing be made available at in-school stores or on delivery trucks, with payment according to ability to pay).

Disruptive behavior in the classroom would not be tolerated. All suspensions would be served in-school, under the supervison of the football coaching staff.

Mandatory "sex education" would be limited to High School biology class. Sex education would be available on an "opt-in" basis, after regular school hours, for parents who wish their children to have it.

Forum List

Back