When republicans complain about single moms getting food stamps, why don’t they consider the well-being of the child?

It is in the US, especially in the former slave states. Like Texas. For instance, it was a privilege of whites never to fail a literacy test for voting.
Most whites didn't qualify either until after the Civil War.

How about you try coming up with something in the last say half century?

Thank you! I didn't know that about California, during that period. :eek:

But notice, it was not against whites, but against minorities, Latinos, Asians, and Native Americans.
The same happened to whites in the west. We could talk bout even worse done to white and Spanish settlers by the Indians if you would like to.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
1653897600242.png

Got some evidence of a white failing a literacy test in a former slave state?

The same happened to whites in the west.
Lynching in the United States was the widespread occurrence of extrajudicial killings which began in the pre-Civil War South in the 1830s and ended during the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Although the victims of lynchings were members of various ethnicities, after roughly 4 million enslaved African Americans were emancipated, they became the primary targets of white Southerners.

after roughly 4 million enslaved African Americans were emancipated, they became the primary targets of white Southerners.
Texas is a white Southern state, right? I can see why you try to argue against white privilege. I mean, you may have to admit to it, if it existed.

The funny thing is all this stuff is documented and still the inhabitants of former slave states pretend it never existed.

Oh well.

Absolutely. It is America, after all, society as a feeding frenzy, of which you seem to be proud, as you mourn it's no longer so hellish. But Blacks did not have white privilege.

Here's a white privilege, in case you think it didn't/doesn't exist: easier voting.

How is it anymore difficult for a black to vote than a white? Tell me of this policy you speak of and where it's taking place.

• Funny
Apart from the privilege of being white. I'm pretty sure that's a majority, guaranteed to be a plurality. That's not 'very few'.

Of course it's very few because very few of our ancestors had any money. Yes there were rich people, but they were nowhere near the percentage we have today and it's not exclusive to one or a few races of people.

• Funny
Single moms having kids they can’t afford is an easy target. It makes a right winger feel superior by shitting on such a woman. It makes it easy to rail against the idea of food stamps altogether. Such a person judging feels superior because they aren’t on food stamps and have a full time job in comparison. Somebody should probably tell them that it is very common for anyone to have a full time job and not be on food stamps lol. Such people judging aren’t as special as they like to think they are. Food stamps is not the epidemic that republicans like to think it is. They simply pretend that it is because it makes them feel less insecure about themselves. The truth is that few actual able bodied adults are even on food stamps. The ones that are have dependents.

But sure, such irresponsible women do exist.

We can all agree: an impoverished woman should not have kids and she made a mistake when she had one. Okay sure. However, the kid still…. exists. What should we do with that kid? Should the kid suffer because of the mom’s mistakes? Probably not, right? Government assistance is required either way.

“SNAP targets those in greatest need. Among those participating in the program, most are children, elderly persons, or individuals with a disability. In fact, 86 percent of all SNAP benefits go to households that include a child, elderly person, or person with disabilities. In addition, about 92 percent of all SNAP benefits go to households with income at or below the federal poverty line.”
Republicans have never cared about children they don't care about human life this last week proves just that how can there even be a question?

Cynical and evil repukes.

Republicans have never cared about children they don't care about human life this last week proves just that how can there even be a question?

Cynical and evil repukes.

If I don't financially support your children, that means I don't care about children? If you ask me, having children you can't support and then expecting others to is what I would call not caring about children.

If I don't financially support your children, that means I don't care about children? If you ask me, having children you can't support and then expecting others to is what I would call not caring about children.
Stinky strawman alert. No one's asking you to support my kids. I support my own. And the difference between you and me is that I don't want your kids cut up into pieces by armor piercing shells, either. You could care less about anything else but yourself and your immediate family. You're just as bad as Abbott and the rest of them.

May God have mercy on your. Serously.

Shouldn't you be asking the single moms this question, Billy?
Who says I don’t? Again, regardless of how irresponsible the mother is, the child still exists either way. If the mother can’t provide, then yeah, enter the tax payers. It’s part of being part of a society.

Forum List

Back