When republicans complain about single moms getting food stamps, why don’t they consider the well-being of the child?

Anti-Israel Democrats. Its is rampant through the Democratic Party.

Has nothing to do with the democratic party. There were non Jews living in Palestine for over 2000 years.
They didn't immigrate from Europe or Russia or Morocco.

Has nothing to do with the democratic party. There were non Jews living in Palestine for over 2000 years.
They didn't immigrate from Europe or Russia or Morocco.

and…? What does this have to do with lack of support by the Democratic Party for Israel?

Obama guaranteed Israel another 30 billion dollars.
That was two administrations ago. Now we have the Democrats funding HAMAS and a few of the Muslim ones trying to get Israel’s Iron Dome defunded so that they can’t defend against the Islamic rocket attacks.

Nice try... so did most American presidents, British monarchs and PMs, French emperors, and so did most Caliphs, for that matter... :abgg2q.jpg:

Lol. The Ottomans didn't expell the Jews. Neither did Omar. He invited them to return to Jerusalem. What are you talking about?

What I want to know is why a thread about food stamps got her to start dumping on Jews.

Frankly, I have no idea. I didn’t read the entire thread. My guess is, like good little Democrats, they believe we should be giving money to anybody except Israel.

Frankly, I have no idea. I didn’t read the entire thread. My guess is, like good little Democrats, they believe we should be giving money to anybody except Israel.

Israel has gotten the lion's share of US foreign aid since 1948.

Yup. We both noticed how she zeroed in on the Jewish country for her complaints about foreign aid, when we give money to dozens of countries throughout the world - including Arab countries.

You all whine about food stamps for the poor but support endless foreign aid for Israel.
Why did you pick on the Jewish country? We support - and provide from our taxes - billions and billions of dollars to many countries.

Single moms having kids they can’t afford is an easy target. It makes a right winger feel superior by shitting on such a woman. It makes it easy to rail against the idea of food stamps altogether. Such a person judging feels superior because they aren’t on food stamps and have a full time job in comparison. Somebody should probably tell them that it is very common for anyone to have a full time job and not be on food stamps lol. Such people judging aren’t as special as they like to think they are. Food stamps is not the epidemic that republicans like to think it is. They simply pretend that it is because it makes them feel less insecure about themselves. The truth is that few actual able bodied adults are even on food stamps. The ones that are have dependents.

But sure, such irresponsible women do exist.

We can all agree: an impoverished woman should not have kids and she made a mistake when she had one. Okay sure. However, the kid still…. exists. What should we do with that kid? Should the kid suffer because of the mom’s mistakes? Probably not, right? Government assistance is required either way.

“SNAP targets those in greatest need. Among those participating in the program, most are children, elderly persons, or individuals with a disability. In fact, 86 percent of all SNAP benefits go to households that include a child, elderly person, or person with disabilities. In addition, about 92 percent of all SNAP benefits go to households with income at or below the federal poverty line.”
My wife works for a charity that helps people financially and with needs they have. A woman - a single mom with 7 kids and 6 different fathers - showed up asking for money to help with the rent 4 days AFTER she received an eviction notice.

And you are telling me she - her choices, her lifestyle, her neglect of her kids, and so many other issues involved are 'off limits' ... 'just shut up and fork over the cash / benefits paid for by others'?!

If you point out her having 7 different children with 6 different fathers - and even then not really being sure who they all are, her personal choices, etc... you're doing so because it makes you feel superior?

How about concern for the welfare of these children, personal responsibility, people who would rather leech off of the kindness and generosity, etc...

You are so full of shit.

Yup. We both noticed how she zeroed in on the Jewish country for her complaints about foreign aid, when we give money to dozens of countries throughout the world - including Arab countries.

Afghanistan and Iraq get aid because of the wars. Egypt gets aid to play nice with Israel, but Israel has gotten US foreign aid since 1947. They evidently need it more than Haiti. We do give Haiti a pittance.

Afghanistan and Iraq get aid because of the wars. Egypt gets aid to play nice with Israel, but Israel has gotten US foreign aid since 1947. They evidently need it more than Haiti. We do give Haiti a pittance.

Yeah, they are surrounded by terrorist countries hell-bent on destroying them.

Yeah, they are surrounded by terrorist countries hell-bent on destroying them.

They did that to themselves. They suffered in Europe and made the Palestinians pay for their suffering. Zionism is as pernicious as any other Nationalism.

Israel has gotten the lion's share of US foreign aid since 1948.
Look at this chart from the World Bank, providing money for development in the Middle East: In the last reported year, which was 2020, Egypt got $1.5 billion, Jordan got $3 billion, Morocco got nearly $2 billion, Yemen got $2.5 billion….

and Israel hasn’t gotten a penny since 2004.

Look at this chart from the World Bank, providing money for development in the Middle East: In the last reported year, Egypt got $1.5 billion, Jordan got $3 billion, Morocco got nearly $2 billion, Yemen got $2.5 billion….

and Israel hasn’t gotten a penny since 2004.

The world bank isn't US foreign aid. If Israel borrows money the US provides an automatic grant to cover the principle and interest. I can't remember what that's called.

Forum List

Back