When republicans complain about single moms getting food stamps, why don’t they consider the well-being of the child?

Why zero in on Israel, on a topic totally unrelated to foreign aid, when thr U.S. gives more to all the Arab countries? Oh right…..the JEW State.
Yep. Last I heard, we give the "Palestinians" nearly the same amount to bribe them into living at "peace" with Israel

The US paid foreign aid for Afghanistan and Iraq because of the wars, but Israel has been getting the lion's share of US foreign aid since 1948. Do you need it? You tell me.
What do you mean….do *I* need it? I don’t get any of that money. it goes to help our ally, and the only Jewish state in the world.

But again, why dump on Israel out of the blue? You know you’re talking to Jew Girl, so you need to criticize Israel to me. Get the FUCK back on topic.

Yep. Last I heard, we give the "Palestinians" nearly the same amount to bribe them into living at "peace" with Israel

Oh no.. we give the Palestinians a pittance. We do give Egypt money to play nice with Israel since Jimmy Carter.

There is some truth to this observation.

The trouble is, by focusing (nearly) solely upon the longer-term view, the Pubs lose a lot of support along the way.

The Pubs take the long-term view.

The Dems are out there wiping noses in real-time.

To borrow a line from the Chicago Cubs immortal first baseman, Ernie Banks: "Let's play TWO."

In this context, let's do BOTH --- long-term viewing AND nose-wiping --- insofar as may be practicable.

There is considerable truth in the old adage: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for life."

Dems (collectively) rarely seem focused on the long-term "teaching a man to fish" --- rather, they're quite content to make the man dependent upon them.

Pubs (collectively) rarely seem focused on how hungry the man is WHILE he is being taught how to fish... in this context, a matter of years, not moments.

If the Pubs ever (a) kept their long-term focus but (b) began wiping the noses and passing out fish in the short run, then (c) they'd never lose an election.

If Pubs want to regain their long-lost reputation as the Party of Lincoln... the Grand Old Party... the Party of the Common Man... then there's your roadmap. :cool:
More welfare on the road to less welfare is not the answer

We cant save everyone

Increasingly more blacks are getting the message and saving themselves

The US paid foreign aid for Afghanistan and Iraq because of the wars, but Israel has been getting the lion's share of US foreign aid since 1948. Do you need it? You tell me.

Our foreign aid is less than if they need it. It's more to pay countries off to give us some say in conflicts.

Look at Mexico. It was difficult for Trump to lower illegals getting into our country. but finally Trump told Mexico if they don't want to see US aid cutoff, they better stop migrants from crossing their country into ours. The Mexican President sent his military to their borders and stopped them from crossing. It works and sure as hell beats us getting into another war with other countries.

More welfare on the road to less welfare is not the answer

We cant save everyone

Increasingly more blacks are getting the message and saving themselves
I have given you the roadmap to regaining your long-lost status as the Party of the Common Man... but it is the fate of partisans to never think outside the box.

Shame on you, Lisa. The Zionists didn't do the right thing even in 1920.
A Muslim-Arab Palestine already exists... on the East Bank of the Jordan River... it's called "Jordan"...I suppose we could help the Palis move there... :rolleyes:

But let the Muslim countries of the area take responsibility for their welfare... nothing to do with us... not even a tactical nor strategic imperative to do so...

I have given you the roadmap to regaining your long-lost status as the Party of the Common Man... but it is the fate of partisans to never think outside the box.
You mean I should want to be in the party of deadbeat losers

But thats for democrats

You mean I should want to be in the party of deadbeat losers

But thats for democrats
Nope.

I mean that you should lead the way, to teach deadbeat losers how not to be deadbeat losers anymore.

Mind you, you've gotta prop 'em up for a while until they can get on their feet, but that's merely a matter of setting limits, isn't it?

What do you mean….do *I* need it? I don’t get any of that money. it goes to help our ally, and the only Jewish state in the world.

But again, why dump on Israel out of the blue? You know you’re talking to Jew Girl, so you need to criticize Israel to me. Get the FUCK back on topic.
Agree 100%.

According to Numbers 24:9, blessing comes to those who bless Israel. America's blessing comes from supporting Israel.

About 4.1 Billion people believe Tanakh (Old Testament).

Single moms having kids they can’t afford is an easy target. It makes a right winger feel superior by shitting on such a woman. It makes it easy to rail against the idea of food stamps altogether. Such a person judging feels superior because they aren’t on food stamps and have a full time job in comparison. Somebody should probably tell them that it is very common for anyone to have a full time job and not be on food stamps lol. Such people judging aren’t as special as they like to think they are. Food stamps is not the epidemic that republicans like to think it is. They simply pretend that it is because it makes them feel less insecure about themselves. The truth is that few actual able bodied adults are even on food stamps. The ones that are have dependents.

But sure, such irresponsible women do exist.

We can all agree: an impoverished woman should not have kids and she made a mistake when she had one. Okay sure. However, the kid still…. exists. What should we do with that kid? Should the kid suffer because of the mom’s mistakes? Probably not, right? Government assistance is required either way.

“SNAP targets those in greatest need. Among those participating in the program, most are children, elderly persons, or individuals with a disability. In fact, 86 percent of all SNAP benefits go to households that include a child, elderly person, or person with disabilities. In addition, about 92 percent of all SNAP benefits go to households with income at or below the federal poverty line.”
Agree 100%! All people in need must be helped. Helping mothers and children must be the first priority!

A Muslim-Arab Palestine already exists... on the East Bank of the Jordan River... it's called "Jordan"...I suppose we could help the Palis move there... :rolleyes:

But let the Muslim countries of the area take responsibility for their welfare... nothing to do with us... not even a tactical nor strategic imperative to do so...

Palestine always had an Arab majority. It's their ancestral home. Sargon 2 settled four Arab tribes in Samaria 500 BC.

Arabs don't need US foreign aid.. and they have been fighting terrorists on their own for decades. You're incredibly stupid.
The aid that goes to the Palestinians and those like them, who then use the money to kill more Jews, Christians and those that oppose them.

Palestine always had an Arab majority. It's their ancestral home. Sargon 2 settled four Arab tribes in Samaria 500 BC.
Islamist historical revisionism at its finest. The term Arab originates from Saudi Arabia.

Forum List

Back