When should things open up?

I am not talking about on a national level or some one size fits all plan I understand the conditions in every state are going to be different. So what I'm curious about is based on the conditions in your state and your observations what do you think would be a good time to start to open things up relax these restrictions to some degree? I'm in Texas my opinion is we could start to do this at the start of May.
Abbot has plans to open Texas parks, beaches and such by the first week of May. He plans limited opening of retail by the second week. Sorry but can not remember the rest.

I am not talking about on a national level or some one size fits all plan I understand the conditions in every state are going to be different. So what I'm curious about is based on the conditions in your state and your observations what do you think would be a good time to start to open things up relax these restrictions to some degree? I'm in Texas my opinion is we could start to do this at the start of May.
Tomorrow, if not sooner, here in Valparaiso, Indiana. We've had less than 30 documented cases of the Wu Flu here, and ZERO deaths attributable to it.

The whole thing is complete bullshit. It never was a "pandemic". It was a distraction because every other means to take Trump down failed. The entire journalist industry should be held criminally liable for creating a panic with malicious intent.
So it WASN'T created in a lab by the Chinese to bring us down? I wish the deniers would decide on one story and stick to it.

Someone give me the plan to stop the common cold.

Someone give me the plan to stop the flu each year.

Someone give me the plan to stop this Covid virus in the fall or each year.

YOU CAN'T..........And you can't count on the vaccine because it mutates..........We have only prolonged this event. We do what Sweden did..........use common sense..........AND GET ON WITH OUR LIVES.

The SOONER a WHOLE LOT OF HEALTHY PEOPLE GET THIS........then the sooner the spread lessons as most don't even know they have it..............All we are doing by prolonging it is to allow more Mutations of this stupid ASIAN dang Virus.

Probably when you've seen a month of declining cases diagnosed, hospitalizations, and deaths. Then, you've probably flattened your curve and can take steps to re-open with social distancing guidelines and mandatory masks for everyone.
Seems sensible.
What science supports that plan?

Not putting forth any science. It may be longer than that. I heard several governors today talking about needing a one month decline in cases along with greatly expanded testing before you could even think about opening up again. The masks are already mandatory in several states and my guess is that they will be across the US shortly.
You're right about one thing: None of that is based on science.

Things should be opening up right now. I'm not talking about another Woodstock even though that would be 100 times better than the NYC subways which have been stupidly spared from this idiotic lock down. This whole thing is really absurd when you think how it is being run by incompetent politicians. WTF are we doing to ourselves? And while we're at it, lets look at the people who are considered experts. To me many of them are more effed up than anyone. Kinda like politicians

Much is invested in the destroy Trump and income producing Americans so the shutdowners will anally cling to their feelings and decry and thwart all efforts to reopen because upon reopening nothing will happen and this will discredit and destroy their agenda.

Nuke NYC and reopen America.
Fantastic idea! I'll even donate to the cause if they need extra funding......

The whole thing is complete bullshit. It never was a "pandemic". It was a distraction because every other means to take Trump down failed. The entire journalist industry should be held criminally liable for creating a panic with malicious intent.
So it WASN'T created in a lab by the Chinese to bring us down? I wish the deniers would decide on one story and stick to it.
What are the "deniers" denying?

Things should be opening up right now. I'm not talking about another Woodstock even though that would be 100 times better than the NYC subways which have been stupidly spared from this idiotic lock down. This whole thing is really absurd when you think how it is being run by incompetent politicians. WTF are we doing to ourselves? And while we're at it, lets look at the people who are considered experts. To me many of them are more effed up than anyone. Kinda like politicians
Those ancient subway tubes with trains whooshing thru them were the ideal fan like mechanism to blow the virus everywhere.
Yet they remain open while individuals who have no proven ability to harm anyone are supposed to stay home
It’s has nothing to do with health and everything to do with harming Trump and productive Americans.

Those ancient subway tubes with trains whooshing thru them were the ideal fan like mechanism to blow the virus everywhere.
Yet they remain open while individuals who have no proven ability to harm anyone are supposed to stay home
It’s has nothing to do with health and everything to do with harming Trump and productive Americans.
A lot of people are starting to wake up to that fact.

At the beginning of May is when it will start here. It's going to be slow going but by June a lot will be opened back up.

Nothing will be perfect no mater what we do, but if we don't start compromising & working together towards a solution things will stay a mess. this making a virus a political football is killing people.

Nothing will be perfect no mater what we do, but if we don't start compromising & working together towards a solution things will stay a mess. this making a virus a political football is killing people.
As long as asshole governors keep considering golf as a problem, they will be considered the bigger problem. Politicians who think golf is a bigger problem than subways should be out of business.

Hate to tell you blackhawk, but even in parts of the same state conditions are different from others. I'm in Amarillo TX, and right now would be a bad time to open up. Why? Because we started to show cases in the Panhandle, and now they are still spiking upwards. We haven't flattened the curve up here yet, we're just getting started.

And, I've got a hunch that cases are going to continue to rise for another couple of weeks. Why? Because I see people on a regular basis who either (a) aren't wearing masks, (b) ignoring social distancing guidelines, or (c) a combination of both.

I think opening up Amarillo for business would be a bad idea right now.

What are the "deniers" denying?
That there's an actual problem, usually. But then there are those who blame it on China. So which is it, a fabricated crisis by the MSM and Dems or a disease manufactured in a Chinese lab? For me I'll go with option C, experts saying that it's a dangerous disease for which we have no vaccine and treatments that are still being developed. I'm afraid I can't take it on the word of some that we can reopen and everything will be OK.

Hate to tell you blackhawk, but even in parts of the same state conditions are different from others. I'm in Amarillo TX, and right now would be a bad time to open up. Why? Because we started to show cases in the Panhandle, and now they are still spiking upwards. We haven't flattened the curve up here yet, we're just getting started.

And, I've got a hunch that cases are going to continue to rise for another couple of weeks. Why? Because I see people on a regular basis who either (a) aren't wearing masks, (b) ignoring social distancing guidelines, or (c) a combination of both.

I think opening up Amarillo for business would be a bad idea right now.
I'm well aware things vary in different areas within states which is why I didn't say open up the entire state or go back to business as usual only to do so to some degree. So many people seem to feel the only choices are open everything up or keep everything closed and see no in between.

Forum List

Back