When the World is led by a Child

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
David Brooks has it spot on in his column, and it is pretty effing scary...

The Dunning-Kruger effect: " the phenomenon in which the incompetent person is too incompetent to understand his own incompetence"
Trump-Crying-Baby-08-15-16.jpg

At certain times Donald Trump has seemed like a budding authoritarian, a corrupt Nixon, a rabble-rousing populist or a big business corporatist.

But as Trump has settled into his White House role, he has given a series of long interviews, and when you study the transcripts it becomes clear that fundamentally he is none of these things.

At base, Trump is an infantalist. There are three tasks that most mature adults have sort of figured out by the time they hit 25. Trump has mastered none of them. Immaturity is becoming the dominant note of his presidency, lack of self-control his leitmotif...

David Brooks has it spot on in his column, and it is pretty effing scary...

The Dunning-Kruger effect: " the phenomenon in which the incompetent person is too incompetent to understand his own incompetence"
View attachment 127098

At certain times Donald Trump has seemed like a budding authoritarian, a corrupt Nixon, a rabble-rousing populist or a big business corporatist.

But as Trump has settled into his White House role, he has given a series of long interviews, and when you study the transcripts it becomes clear that fundamentally he is none of these things.

At base, Trump is an infantalist. There are three tasks that most mature adults have sort of figured out by the time they hit 25. Trump has mastered none of them. Immaturity is becoming the dominant note of his presidency, lack of self-control his leitmotif...

Rubber Room. :rolleyes-41:

President Trump, the man I sent to Washington to clean up that shithole is doing exactly what I sent him there to do. If you don't like it tough shit, try to win the next election if you can.

Also from the article:

Which brings us to the reports that Trump betrayed an intelligence source and leaked secrets to his Russian visitors. From all we know so far, Trump didn’t do it because he is a Russian agent, or for any malevolent intent. He did it because he is sloppy, because he lacks all impulse control, and above all because he is a 7-year-old boy desperate for the approval of those he admires.

The Russian leak story reveals one other thing, the dangerousness of a hollow man.

Our institutions depend on people who have enough engraved character traits to fulfill their assigned duties. But there is perpetually less to Trump than it appears. When we analyze a president’s utterances we tend to assume that there is some substantive process behind the words, that it’s part of some strategic intent.

Trump the Hollow Man. Not Trump the Hooded Man supporters thought they were electing who would right injustice and bring back prosperity. A Hollow Man is frightening, because it's constently seeking to be filled. By anything. From anyone. But he can't be filled because he's bottomless.

David Brooks is just another nutjob with an opinion that's not rooted in reality.

President Trump, the man I sent to Washington to clean up that shithole is doing exactly what I sent him there to do. If you don't like it tough shit, try to win the next election if you can.

Such an intelligent reply. Thank you for your input.

"The Dunning-Kruger effect, the phenomenon in which the incompetent person
is too incompetent to understand his own incompetence"

Like Hillary?

Like Hillary?

Since she wasn't elected president, like so many other contenders - we'll never know.

but but but Hillary....

Trump's president. Time to quit deflecting onto Hillary.

Like Hillary?

no----Hillary is not incompetent-----she is evil

She's also not president. Time to move on. Trump squats in the White House now, cheerfully sharing classified information with out a clue on what it means to be "circumspect".

Also from the article:

Which brings us to the reports that Trump betrayed an intelligence source and leaked secrets to his Russian visitors. From all we know so far, Trump didn’t do it because he is a Russian agent, or for any malevolent intent. He did it because he is sloppy, because he lacks all impulse control, and above all because he is a 7-year-old boy desperate for the approval of those he admires.

The Russian leak story reveals one other thing, the dangerousness of a hollow man.

Our institutions depend on people who have enough engraved character traits to fulfill their assigned duties. But there is perpetually less to Trump than it appears. When we analyze a president’s utterances we tend to assume that there is some substantive process behind the words, that it’s part of some strategic intent.

Trump the Hollow Man. Not Trump the Hooded Man supporters thought they were electing who would right injustice and bring back prosperity. A Hollow Man is frightening, because it's constently seeking to be filled. By anything. From anyone. But he can't be filled because he's bottomless.

Well sure except that CNN Reported on the Laptop story April 1st.

Hello earth to Coyote president Trump is not a professional politician. How do you expect him to act, like Bush? Obama? Hell maybe Trump should go on national TV and tell the American people that if they like their doctor and plan, they can keep them oh and they will save $2,500 a year on their health insurance. And Bush the man could barely complete a sentence. What exactly is the standard you people are judging president Trump by?

Like Hillary?

no----Hillary is not incompetent-----she is evil

She's also not president. Time to move on. Trump squats in the White House now, cheerfully sharing classified information with out a clue on what it means to be "circumspect".

I am not entirely clear on what Trump told the ruskies------I have a
vague impression that it was something about CYBER war ---and the
stuff came from Israel. Trump may have considered it
MORALLY right to let the ruskies know since it seems to have had
something to do with aviation safety

Intelligence is not a quality Trump voters possess

So you kids keep saying but see, anyone with even a speck of intelligence could all by his/her very lonesome learn that the entire thing is an elaborate hoax. Dems/Pubs, two sides of the same coin.

Intelligence is not a quality Trump voters possess

Right, the man becomes a billionaire and he's not intelligent? Your statement is the poster child for stupidity.

Forum List

Back