When will the Democratic Party move on from Trump?

They should use Trumpybear like the Catholic Church uses the Devil himself.

The GOP had it's Brutus moment, and for better or for worse they sided with their Emperor. I think he still has a majority in the GOP ranks.
You do realize that the Devil is a fictional character do you not? Trump is real. I know you don't understand the difference but maybe just maybe try to follow along.

Tell that to the Catholic Church. Satan has been the best recruiter the Church has ever had. That evil piece of shit Trumpybear could do the same for the Democrats. I think the Dems would rather move on however, which is why they offered the GOP the knife to stab Trumpism to death with. The GOP stuck with Caesar. The dem's have no choice but to fight what's in front of them.
But the Dems control 90% of all media and Trump garners ratings so....there is quite the tug and pull. You compared Trump to Satan...funny.

But they don't. Faux News and the Right Wing alterative have much more than a 10% share of the American audience.

The GOP had it's Brutus moment, and for better or for worse they sided with their Emperor. I think he still has a majority in the GOP ranks.
You do realize that the Devil is a fictional character do you not? Trump is real. I know you don't understand the difference but maybe just maybe try to follow along.

Tell that to the Catholic Church. Satan has been the best recruiter the Church has ever had. That evil piece of shit Trumpybear could do the same for the Democrats. I think the Dems would rather move on however, which is why they offered the GOP the knife to stab Trumpism to death with. The GOP stuck with Caesar. The dem's have no choice but to fight what's in front of them.
But the Dems control 90% of all media and Trump garners ratings so....there is quite the tug and pull. You compared Trump to Satan...funny.

But they don't. Faux News and the Right Wing alterative have much more than a 10% share of the American audience.

One of the reasons I voted for Trump in 2016 was the rhetoric. Suddenly if you voted for the man you were deemed racist. In fact after he won, Van Jones called it a "white lash". It was like some strange people were telling Independent voters and tax payers how to vote and why they should be ashamed not to vote Democrat.

Now, I frankly didn't pay much attention to politics until then but my kids were in school as they were 6 and 8 and I for the first time in my life noticed how far left many people are and how triggered they were. That prompted me to pay more attention and I did like Trump's policies on immigration, military and America First in terms of manufacturing and such. I also liked that he addressed corporate inversions.

After he won, an interesting benefit was how much he triggered leftists. After he lost in 2020, it was disheartening because the far left had won the culture war. Now we have to agree that gender is a social construct, that whites are racist, that America is systemically racist, that police officers are bad people and if you say anything contrary to that publicly you have the threat of cancel culture.

However, even though Trump lost, he continued to be top of mind to Democrats and to leftists around the country and here on USMB. It is almost as if the Democratic Party needs their villain to hide the problems they themselves have. So Trump continues to trigger leftists even though he is no longer President and has been banned from Twitter. So at what point does the Democratic Party move on from Trump?

Democrats have moved on. It's Republicans that haven't..or more rightfully..can't. And as someone who would like to see the Republican party dismembered, I look forward to Trump and the rest of his sycophants doing what no group of Democrats could ever hope to accomplish. Split the party in two. Right now, to me and probably to Democrats, he is a more useful idiot now than he was when he was President. He'll never be touched for what he stoked at the Capitol on January 6th. But I don't care. The damage is done. He's done. All he can do now is take the Republican party down with him for the third count.
Lol, no you haven't, you start multiple threads daily on him.

LOL. Like slinging BS huh? I've started ZERO threads on Trump. He's gone. But he's serving a purpose now. And that purpose is to insure Democrats
rule for the next decade. :)
Purpose is ratings. Why can you not just admit that. Thank you for further admitting that you prefer one party rule.

Republicans have had four decades to prove they can govern. And they repeatedly fell flat on their faces. Even though the Reagan years were rife with the beginnings of bad management, supply side econ and deficit spending, the country still managed to get by. Then came Newt and his Republican Revolution and that was the beginning of the end. So yeah, I'm quite content to give Democrats a long runway. Let's see what they can do over the next 8 years or so. We've seen enough of this present iteration of "conservatism".
Don't you agree that both parties govern? Presidency is just one branch? I believe we need checks and balances.

Nope...about what 8mil viewers? That is less than 10%

I'm pretty sure that we will naturally move on from that guy as individuals. A whole party cannot turn on a dime.
I was against the second impeachment trial because I knew that the GOP Senators would never convict him, leading to cheer leading cries of: ACQUITTED FOR LIFE!!!! PRESIDENT ***** WINS AGAIN!!!!! MAGA!!!!! 2024!!!!!!!!!

I was not let down.

Nope...about what 8mil viewers? That is less than 10%

That's only the TV viewers. I'd say 30 to maybe 35 % of the public rely on the alt right media for their news.

One of the reasons I voted for Trump in 2016 was the rhetoric. Suddenly if you voted for the man you were deemed racist. In fact after he won, Van Jones called it a "white lash". It was like some strange people were telling Independent voters and tax payers how to vote and why they should be ashamed not to vote Democrat.

Now, I frankly didn't pay much attention to politics until then but my kids were in school as they were 6 and 8 and I for the first time in my life noticed how far left many people are and how triggered they were. That prompted me to pay more attention and I did like Trump's policies on immigration, military and America First in terms of manufacturing and such. I also liked that he addressed corporate inversions.

After he won, an interesting benefit was how much he triggered leftists. After he lost in 2020, it was disheartening because the far left had won the culture war. Now we have to agree that gender is a social construct, that whites are racist, that America is systemically racist, that police officers are bad people and if you say anything contrary to that publicly you have the threat of cancel culture.

However, even though Trump lost, he continued to be top of mind to Democrats and to leftists around the country and here on USMB. It is almost as if the Democratic Party needs their villain to hide the problems they themselves have. So Trump continues to trigger leftists even though he is no longer President and has been banned from Twitter. So at what point does the Democratic Party move on from Trump?

They can't put down the Trump crack pipe...they're hooked to the nth degree.
Look no further than Mac1958 bizarre addiction for proof.

They can't put down the Trump crack pipe...they're hooked to the nth degree.
Look no further than Mac1958 bizarre addiction for proof.
Yep! As I've said, Trump (and far more importantly, Trumpism) represents a historic moment in this nation's history. Not only is it is an absolutely fascinating psychological / historical / sociological / anthropological study, it's a terribly important cautionary tale.

The intense adoration and devotion to this troubled, damaged man must be analyzed carefully and thoroughly. We thought the world had learned from such destructive relationships in the past, but clearly we were wrong there. We must learn here.

So, to all the Trumpsters who constantly whine and moan about how much attention is being paid to this topic: Too bad. You sold your soul to this awful man, and we're going to examine and comment on it for a long time. You'll just have to live with it.

You sold your soul to this awful man, and we're going to examine and comment on it for a long time. You'll just have to live with it.

You have a major obstacle though....you really can't sell your tired bullshit to anyone even half sane because EVERYBODY decent and productive was united, thriving and prospering under this "awful man" you speak of.
He hurt your fragile feelings...we totally get it man....But us legit folks were absolutely killing it on his watch, under his policies. Good luck in your endeavor....hahaha

You sold your soul to this awful man, and we're going to examine and comment on it for a long time. You'll just have to live with it.

You have a major obstacle though....you really can't sell your tired bullshit to anyone even half sane because EVERYBODY decent and productive was united, thriving and prospering under this "awful man" you speak of.
He hurt your fragile feelings...we totally get it man....But us legit folks were absolutely killing it on his watch, under his policies. Good luck in your endeavor....hahaha
"hahaha"

EAPAzGM.jpg

"hahaha"

EAPAzGM.jpg

Cool, you're happy...and your feelings no longer hurt.....BUT can you tell us how his policies are working out for you, your clients and Americans as a whole?
(we know he's killing it for Mexico, you can leave that out)

"hahaha"

EAPAzGM.jpg

Cool, you're happy...and your feelings no longer hurt.....BUT can you tell us how his policies are working out for you, your clients and Americans as a whole?
I don't vote based on what's in it for me, or my clients.

It's never even occurred to me to do so.

Someone like you wouldn't understand.

They won't.

After Trump dies, they will go after his children and any surviving relatives.

They would draw and quarter Trump and feed his remains to pigs and they still won't be satisfied! You're right.
And also there is the Bill blocking him from being interred in Arlington.....:ack-1:.

"hahaha"

EAPAzGM.jpg

hahaha...Oh trust me...we know you don't cast a logical or reasonable vote...BUT please don't pretend you don't vote on your personal interests....your personal interests happens to be all FEELZ based for some crazy ass reason that's all.
My bet is, you or people you are real close to fall into the 'fringe faction' columns if you know what I mean....Nothing else makes any sense at all.

"hahaha"

EAPAzGM.jpg

hahaha...Oh trust me...we know you don't cast a logical or reasonable vote...BUT please don't pretend you don't vote on your personal interests....your personal interests happens to be all FEELZ based for some crazy ass reason that's all.
My bet is, you or people you are real close to fall into the 'fringe faction' columns if you know what I mean....Nothing else makes any sense at all.
What's it like, being so dependent on others to be happy?

DpQqfeW.jpg

"hahaha"

EAPAzGM.jpg

XponentialChaos care to give it a try?
"Cool, you're happy...and your feelings no longer hurt.....BUT can you tell us how his policies are working out for you and Americans as a whole?"

Forum List

Back